EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Hurry up and get married DAMNIT!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hurry up and get married DAMNIT!
Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Sonomod_me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have a question, and I have resources and ladies to inquire about this, but I want to balance it off with the normal ES BS banter.

When a woman (Egyptian or Westerner) gets a divorce are family members pushing her to get re-married right way?

Posts: 1765 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just marriage/divorce or long term relationship also?

i was told (and tell others) to have some time off.

Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My inlaws have been working on getting my SIL married off again since her divorce about two years ago. She's gun shy from the first marriage and wants nothing to do with getting married again. My husband will use me as an example to try to get her to reconsider. I got remarried one year and one month to the day after my divorce was final.

My family on the other hand...FLIPPED OUT when I got remarried. They figured I would just stay single the rest of my life so they wouldn't have to deal with yet another Muslim SIL or BIL.

Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
catch a 4alling **ChImP**
Member # 10093

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for catch a 4alling **ChImP**     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
r egyptian mens family really approve of them marrying a divorce do they still like for u to be pure if u get my meaning and i mean in both partys ,and its kool if u are accepted but do u think if they had really a say wud u have been married .cus im see its ok to marry a divorce from west or europe not much fighting there but if u want to marry egyptian divorce man or woman it can cause some crap .why ???if you have never been married before
Posts: 1602 | From: the banana island shake me tweeeeeeee | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My SIL has had offers to be married again but she turns them down. She had a very bad experience with her first husband so she's not eager to get remarried.
Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Still-Learning     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why people hurry to get married when it's not the most valuable thing to do? To get married turns you down instead of keeping you sharp.
My brother is married and i'm waiting the day he and his wife will broke up.
When i talk to him i'm like talking to my son.

PS: i didn't meant to be adding negative stuff, if i did, i'm sorry.

Ma salam

Posts: 1473 | From: France | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LovedOne
Member # 10222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No one has pushed me to get re-married since my divorce almost 7 years ago. My family was actually happy that my ex and I divorced and have actually never said a word to me about getting married again. Which is rather odd now I think about it.
And at first, i swore up and down, owing to what a very not nice guy my ex is, that I would NEVER get married again.
Of course, that thought changed within a couple of years. Only a matter of time now.
[Smile]

Posts: 1283 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Still-Learning     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
congratulations
Posts: 1473 | From: France | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com