EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Egyptian men's phsycology..

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Egyptian men's phsycology..
gigli
Member # 7682

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for gigli     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a thought I came up with. See I have lots of time to sits and thinks in the bush.

Im not judging guys, just looking at things from a clinical side.

In Egyptian society(as in Hindi society also) the family has amazing power. Sadly this is by taking religious laws and not using them wisely and as intended. When a young man grows up always being under the thumb of his mother it is called emotional abuse and he is restricted to living the way she wants him to live.

So now this young man marries and reckons that this is the way to treat people and he will become emotionally abusive as this is the way it is and always has been in his life. Its now his turn to have someone under his thumb.

Even society is emotionally and verbally abusive in Egypt. As we see in the streets.

Its sad and its a problem worth looking at.

Posts: 458 | From: Egypt | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snake poison
Member # 10674

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for snake poison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with you, and that form of abuse is existant in almost every aspect of the Egyptian life, business culture, social interactions..etc

it's part of the Egyptian culture, and the worst part is as u've said using Religion to justify that abuse (someway or another)

but the worst part is, that the mother raises the boy with the same abusive manner. it's a vicious circle....

Posts: 517 | From: snake city | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snake poison
Member # 10674

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for snake poison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'd recommend changing the topic to "Egyptians' Phycology" [Razz]
Posts: 517 | From: snake city | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_Masrawi_
Member # 9597

Icon 1 posted      Profile for _Masrawi_     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wrong.
Posts: 2049 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snake poison
Member # 10674

Member Rated:
wat's wrong?
*Souri*
Member # 9095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Souri*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When a young man grows up always being under the thumb of his mother it is called emotional abuse and he is restricted to living the way she wants him to live.

Ya I really agree with this observation, mother can be very manipulative with their son, Especially when it comes to get married

Posts: 1182 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snake poison
Member # 10674

Member Rated:
bombon are u egyptian?
*Souri*
Member # 9095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Souri*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No ana francaoullia [Confused]
Posts: 1182 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snake poison
Member # 10674

Member Rated:
lool...
tu parle l'arabe?

*Souri*
Member # 9095

shouia [Confused] or chouia ? you tell me which one ?
snake poison
Member # 10674

Member Rated:
showaya [Smile]
where did u learn arabic? walla u just pick on on some words during ur visits to egypt?

ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Omigod, emotional 'abuse'? LOL!

They're spoiled too much- that's all. All those stories written on here about how they have to give up their western girlfriends because their mommas will never accept, their families will reject them, etc.

*rolling eyes*

please.

While they're taught to respect their mothers first and foremost, so much so that often the wife comes 2nd...if an egyptian guy wants to marry a woman...he will get his way. It's a two way street, and no mother wants her son to resent her because she denied him the woman he really wanted.

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
galmarriedtoegyptian
Member # 10697

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for galmarriedtoegyptian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
girls and boys...there is only one solution to this problem...since we cannot get the whole darn country under therapy...

WIN OVER THE MOTHER. Sweet talk her into seeing it YOU WAY all the time. [Wink]

--------------------
yup

Posts: 285 | From: egypt | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
concernedforwomen
Member # 10559

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for concernedforwomen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First of all, the Egyptian son should not be under anyone's thumb and then let the cycle continue after he gets married. If the society is emotionally abusive, it should change.
Posts: 935 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
galmarriedtoegyptian
Member # 10697

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for galmarriedtoegyptian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CAN YOU GUYS GIVE ME SOME MORE EXAMPLES:

How is the society abusive?

--------------------
yup

Posts: 285 | From: egypt | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
catch a 4alling **ChImP**
Member # 10093

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for catch a 4alling **ChImP**     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MY HUSBAND SAYS IM ABUSIVE . [Smile] BUT MAAAAAAN HE LUVS ME
Posts: 1602 | From: the banana island shake me tweeeeeeee | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonomod_me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bombon:
When a young man grows up always being under the thumb of his mother it is called emotional abuse and he is restricted to living the way she wants him to live.

Ya I really agree with this observation, mother can be very manipulative with their son, Especially when it comes to get married

Thats what a woman says when she cannot get a guy to marry her.

There might be other reasons why the marriage didn't happen, using his mother as an excuse is an easy out.

Posts: 1765 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snake poison
Member # 10674

Member Rated:
egyptian boy's and girls HAVE to obay their parents at all times, otherwise they r bad.

and ur parents and every one they know will be treating u like **** until u do what ur parent tell u.

they'll make u feel like ****, like u've done the worst thing u could ever do, taking u on endless guilt trips.

egyptians don't know respect they know fear, thats how they r braught up.

now u tell me if that ain't emotional abuse.

Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonomod_me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gotten only into the second chapter on this book but:

The Middle East A Cultural Psychology

Gary S. Gregg

ISBN: 0195171993
Format: Hardcover, 464pp
Pub. Date: September 2005
Publisher: Oxford University Press

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?z=y&isbn=0195171993&itm=2

Heavy reading, loads of references to other studies, and some of it is and can be ethnocentric (second chapter), some of it makes you feel guilty for being a western (chapter one) and after that point it loosens up.

Actaully I have read some of this stuff before in articles a book is much more gratifying. Gives your mind something to chew on and reflect on.

Posts: 1765 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corvis.
Member # 10836

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Corvis.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snake poison:
I agree with you, and that form of abuse is existant in almost every aspect of the Egyptian life, business culture, social interactions..etc

it's part of the Egyptian culture, and the worst part is as u've said using Religion to justify that abuse (someway or another)

but the worst part is, that the mother raises the boy with the same abusive manner. it's a vicious circle....

No one can talk about ABUSE like ya my dear, your parents abusing ya left ya like you are by now [Frown]

Experience is Mother of Knowledge, right son of a son fuker woman ??? ......... [Wink]

In moments of passion, some woman llike ur mom forgets about the world and incest is the only way to mmmmmmmmm you know [Wink]

Posts: 260 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corvis.
Member # 10836

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Corvis.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snake poison:

and ur parents and every one they know will be treating u like **** until u do what ur parent tell u.

And, that is what you did and it ended into incest sex with your mother [Frown]
Posts: 260 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marie therese
Member # 10603

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marie therese     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Helo,

I have heard about that incest between mother and son. Is that true ?

For me it is difficult to imagine. Why ? If a mother is really loving her son, she has never sexuel thoughts.

Can you explain me.

Posts: 38 | From: Germany | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and where did you hear that?
Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
concernedforwomen
Member # 10559

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for concernedforwomen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really don't think snake poison had incest with his mother.
Posts: 935 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 10093

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for catch a 4alling **ChImP**     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think it went to far then ..not good to insults one mum to another even though u dont know out comes of any ones relationship wit there mum ok ...or dad ..from any of you ..just take a leaf out of my book.GO AND DO AN ALIEN EAT YOUR OFFSPRING [Big Grin]
Posts: 1602 | From: the banana island shake me tweeeeeeee | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snake poison
Member # 10674

Member Rated:
what the matter corvis still too bitter....
_|_ up urs u cock sucking dork. still missing ur dady, how about u let ur monkey shove it up ur A hole

or even better, plus the illnesses (mental, physical, physcological and sexual) which u have, i added another one to u it's called "the snake poison complex" looooooooooooooooooool

Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was so funny when you had mr. backdoorrider 2006 admit he was gay. He has finally come out the closet and his dad must be so proud of him......
Posts: 1215 | From: Nowhere | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
actually... its not funny at all.

ive read more interesting instruction manuals. in swedish.

get creative or give up.

all this talk of toilets and bum washing and sweden reminds me of a word the swedes have that we dont....

kånkelbär

Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 10093

Member Rated:
hahahahahahahaa im offfffffff to much for me now ...shud have done a thread on TOOT TOOT [Confused] in the eyes of a raving bull of egyptian who hasnt seen a women in the flesh half way through his prime ..or cud be the other way round ..
snake poison
Member # 10674

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Tibe:
It was so funny when you had mr. backdoorrider 2006 admit he was gay. He has finally come out the closet and his dad must be so proud of him......

hahah, ya his dady must be looking down upon him now from the heaven of the gay (it's teh one where every man has 2 cocks on in his mouth teh other up his ass_|_)

why do u change ur nickname so often man?

Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
YYYYYYYAAAAAAWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNN.

seriously.

ive seen corv post 2 funny posts recently....

snake and tibe...give up with the gay stuff... its really boring.

E. could do better, must try harder.

Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Charm El Feikh?:
YYYYYYYAAAAAAWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNN.

seriously.

ive seen corv post 2 funny posts recently....

snake and tibe...give up with the gay stuff... its really boring.

E. could do better, must try harder.

Then jump across it and dont read it. We handle him our own way
Posts: 1215 | From: Nowhere | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snake poison
Member # 10674

Member Rated:
no comment!!!!
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
tibe... i am trying to, but hes feeding off your posts and its getting threads deleted.

he reminds me of chicken pox... scratching it only makes it worse.

lol..keep some oven gloves by the keyboard...

anyway... do what you want, but your letting him get the better of ya!

Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
Yeah your right. He should change his name to mosquito...... :-D
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
BTW why do you think im asking you two to give up and not him?

he cant.

try it... sit back and watch.

seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is new thinking that the worst thing a woman can do is focus all of her attention on her children and stop sensual/romantic relations with the husband (always busy busy busy with family/kid). This puts the children in a position to replace affections (psychologically) of the father and this is a terrible burden for the children (especially boys).

I find it strange in the Egyptian soceity that a husband and wife find it embarrassing or something to show affection in front of their children! [Eek!] Talk about an unhealthy view of marriage and affection.

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree that it's unhealthy. My kids never saw my ex and I show any affection towards each other. My ex thought it was shameful to show affection front of them. I don't want my boys growing up thinking that an innocent kiss or hug to their wives will be shameful. Nothing wrong with a small kiss goodbye in the morning or a hug or an "I love you".

quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
There is new thinking that the worst thing a woman can do is focus all of her attention on her children and stop sensual/romantic relations with the husband (always busy busy busy with family/kid). This puts the children in a position to replace affections (psychologically) of the father and this is a terrible burden for the children (especially boys).

I find it strange in the Egyptian soceity that a husband and wife find it embarrassing or something to show affection in front of their children! [Eek!] Talk about an unhealthy view of marriage and affection.

Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 10093

Member Rated:
i do cus me forceful [Razz] man it s worth waiting for .nah no harm if done in the right context ..
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Madame M.:
I agree that it's unhealthy. My kids never saw my ex and I show any affection towards each other. My ex thought it was shameful to show affection front of them. I don't want my boys growing up thinking that an innocent kiss or hug to their wives will be shameful. Nothing wrong with a small kiss goodbye in the morning or a hug or an "I love you".

quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:

I agree, I mean, I don't approve of making out on the couch in front of the kids, but a sweet hug or kiss can only renforce to your children that your love bond is strong and that being affectionate is good, Not EVIL! Muhahahahaha! [Big Grin]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com