EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Westernized Egyptian Men (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Westernized Egyptian Men
wandalust
Member # 13122

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for wandalust     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any one out there have experience with Westernized Egyptian men? Educated and living in the USA (or possible England). I realize everything depends on the individual buthow much "traditional" behaviour can one expect from someone who has lived a western lifestyle for many years, do they revert back to cultural sterotypes. I have met a man I find very intriguing but am confused by certain domineering habits (he always seems to want to have the last word for example). On the other hand he also alternatively very sweet. And his masculinity - compared to American men - is actually a huge turn-on. Big question: how faithful can you expect an Egyptian man to be? I don't mean to insult anyone or make assumptions but I am confused about traditions of multiple wives, girlfriends, mistresses, I have read about. What is the norm? Thanks for your help.
Posts: 18 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ironborn
Member # 12020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ironborn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
And his masculinity - compared to American men - is actually a huge turn-on.
Explain this comment please.. What is it about his masculinity that differs from American men?

~Alistair

--------------------
Lies fade like smoke when uncovered..but Truth, burns like fire.

Posts: 1221 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mi feng
Member # 9378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mi feng     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Faithfulness is entirely unique to the individual. Even a man who has more than one wife can do so in a "faithful" way. He will go to his first wife and talk to her, ask her how she feels about the idea, maybe before he even looks for another. He can give her the respect of asking her about her wishes in terms of how the 2nd wife will fit into the picture, etc, etc.
An unfaithful man will simply go and marry another one. Or will simply go and start a relationship with someone else.
I think 90% of the time, you can tell if you are with a player, or are with someone who truly respects and cares about you.
If you have concerns about his behavior, you should take things very very slowly and learn more about what he is like, what pushes his buttons, etc.
I can't make any generalizations on this one. I know many Egyptian men that are macho. I also know total teddy bear guys that let their wives boss them around all the time.

Posts: 1161 | From: wo xiang xiao bian ji si le | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korven.
Member # 11013

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korven.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We are just the most wonderful men and the most real men around this planet, trust me on that, but not all Egyptian is so, we are just 5% of so-called egyptian men [Smile]

Just Trust me or you shall regret it with time.

Corvinous.

Posts: 1167 | From: Homelandless | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wandalust
Member # 13122

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for wandalust     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alistair,

It is a combination of confidence, body type (powerful), perhaps even some underlying chauvnism, that one does not often find in American men. He is just very much a "man". Some American men are highly feminized, no offence, because of the culture here.

Posts: 18 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All kinds of man, in all kinds of characters, just like every other nationality.
There is nothing as "THE Egyptian man" and there is no such thing as "The Westernized Egyptian man".
All depends on his character, his background, and the level. Should advice you to take a good look on his parents, brothers and sisters. You look most concerned about the women-issue.
Think this also has to do with what kind of marriage these men have. I can imagine that a man into a arranged or economic marriage will show another attitude as one who has married out of romantic reasons.Personally I know less who are faithfull, but I think the next generation ( as your friend is) will behave in another way, because they are raised in another culture.
Nobody can advice you in this, we don`t know the man!
Like in every other relationship you just have to get to know each other, and decide if you can deal with it.

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alchemist
Member # 12318

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alchemist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alistair,

Were you in the Marines? Just wondering.

Thanks.

Posts: 1879 | From: Going to Graceland | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wandalust
Member # 13122

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for wandalust     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kovin, what is the 5% you refer to? Only 5% are good or it's just the 5% that are bad? Thanks
henita
Member # 11693

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for henita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Conditioned:
quote:
And his masculinity - compared to American men - is actually a huge turn-on.
Explain this comment please.. What is it about his masculinity that differs from American men?

~Alistair

ROFL [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 1339 | From: Om Leito | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ironborn
Member # 12020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ironborn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by wandalust:
Alistair,

It is a combination of confidence, body type (powerful), perhaps even some underlying chauvnism, that one does not often find in American men. He is just very much a "man". Some American men are highly feminized, no offence, because of the culture here.

Ofcourse, I expected this sort of comment.

I don't know how many "Western women" I've heard make gross generalization comments about men from their own countries on this forum...usually in a pathetic, vindictive manner..

And ofcourse, they get offended when Egyptian men make the same generalizations about them, being major sluts, whores etc..

America is the most eclectic nation on Earth. You can find any sort of man in this country, because America is truly multicultural..

Saying Egyptian men have more powerful body types than American men is the most laughable comment I've read in a long time..

There are millions of American men serious about their own health and fitness, or perhaps they're athletes or bodybuilders, which are bigger and more powerfully made than any Egyptian man you could ever find..

This is not some blind comment, unlike yours, but based in fact.

The Western World has always produced bigger and taller men compared to the East, and especially third World nations.

The reason is due to diet and better nutrition.. The tallest men in the World can be found in the Netherlands for example, where the AVERAGE height is 6 ft.

Personal confidence has nothing to do with nationality, so I don't even know why you brought that up.

As far as feminization in American culture, well you can blame the feminazis for that..

It's funny that after years of trying to "re-program" the minds of American men to be more respectful towards women, women are starting to complain about it [Eek!]

Perhaps we should revert back to the Stone Age?

~Alistair

Posts: 1221 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for antihypocrisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
~******
Posts: 2728 | From: جمهورية مصر العربية | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wandalust
Member # 13122

Rate Member
Go away Alistair. I want to talk about Egyptian men not deal with the hang-ups of American men. Your whiny argument and defensiveness just proves my point really. And for the record I was not generalizing about "all Egyptian men having powerful body types" just this particular man.
Ironborn
Member # 12020

You're the one who brought up American men in your first post..

If you don't want to talk about American men, then don't make idiotic generalizations about them..

Because I will correct your a$$..

~Alistair

--------------------
Lies fade like smoke when uncovered..but Truth, burns like fire.

seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Alistair,

Ofcourse, I expected this sort of comment.

I don't know how many "Western women" I've heard make gross generalization comments about men from their own countries on this forum...usually in a pathetic, vindictive manner..

And ofcourse, they get offended when Egyptian men make the same generalizations about them, being major sluts, whores etc..

America is the most eclectic nation on Earth. You can find any sort of man in this country, because America is truly multicultural..

Saying Egyptian men have more powerful body types than American men is the most laughable comment I've read in a long time..

There are millions of American men serious about their own health and fitness, or perhaps they're athletes or bodybuilders, which are bigger and more powerfully made than any Egyptian man you could ever find..

This is not some blind comment, unlike yours, but based in fact.

The Western World has always produced bigger and taller men compared to the East, and especially third World nations.

The reason is due to diet and better nutrition.. The tallest men in the World can be found in the Netherlands for example, where the AVERAGE height is 6 ft.

Personal confidence has nothing to do with nationality, so I don't even know why you brought that up.

As far as feminization in American culture, well you can blame the feminazis for that..

It's funny that after years of trying to "re-program" the minds of American men to be more respectful towards women, women are starting to complain about it [Eek!]

Perhaps we should revert back to the Stone Age?

~Alistair

I started out agreeing with you but then it all broke apart.

First, yes, I agree there is nothing about an Egyptian man that makes him different from a western man *generally* (and in this case American since I have my experience from my own country). There are plenty of romantic, charming, masculine, fit, intelligent and desireable American men, if you can't find them you should change your zip code or something.

Egyptian men don't have the trademark on these qualities over American men any less than an American woman is better than an Egyptian one. It depends entirely on the personality of the person in question.

Second, I don't know about diet and better nutrition being the catalyst for American men being bigger and/or taller, I thought it had to do with genetics more than anything. [Confused]

I do agree, personal confidence has nothing to do with nationality, that is illogical.

Feminization in our culture of men isn't all about the feminists, there are many metro-sexuals who just adore being pampered and taking longer in the bathroom in front of the mirror than most women I know. Also, women do the primary raising of the men in America because of social issues (that we're all well aware of), and if anything I would think this would toughen up the man. Most American mothers I have seen really push the man to be independent and be the man, learn to wash your clothes, do the dishes, pick up after yourself, etc. If anything, the average American man is more self-sufficient because of being raised by a single EXTREMELY hard working mother who sees no difference between herself and a man aside from anatomy. I would think most men in America have a very fair and equal view of their role as men than most because of the history of parenting in america.

I don't think there has been any attempt to 're program' the mind of American men. [Confused] Men still today think it's always about THEM, it isn't and never was. It's about more equal rights for the women and more opportunities for the woman. I think sometime back in the 60's and 70's the women of america said, 'you know what, if I'm doing most of the work anyway, I'm at least going to fight for what's mine'. It hasn't been a perfect change in the social structure but it's always in evolution for sure.

The only thing women really complain about the american men today is their inability to stick out an honest and intimate relationship with the woman. I know there are plenty of women who are the same, can't trust them, don't want them, but as far as women's complaints...this is the one I always hear about from women.

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wandalust
Member # 13122

Rate Member
Please, people, I am talking about an individual. What appeals to me about this particular person. And that is his confidence, body type, and I happen to find him very manly.

I am really interested to anyone experiences with Egyptian men living in the US. Not debating about American men.

Thanks and look forward to responses on topic.

seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry Wandalust, this is the nature of this message board, topics can change easily and will, hijacking someone's thread happens easily (as you have seen). I'm sure someone will address your issues as well. [Wink]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ironborn
Member # 12020

quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
Second, I don't know about diet and better nutrition being the catalyst for American men being bigger and/or taller, I thought it had to do with genetics more than anything. [Confused]

Diet contributes to height and size more than any other factor. Genetics plays a part aswell ofcourse, but diet is the most important.

Consider, if you underfeed or give a child sub-nutritional food, then that child will not grow properly and will be stunted and small, no matter how old he or she becomes.

Child predators use this method on children so that the object of their lust effectively remains child like, even as they grow older.

Also, in the booming Asian economies, the people are starting to grow taller than their parents and grand parents because these countries are starting to adopt a more Western like diet..

The Western diet typically has more protein and calcium (red meat and dairy products) than the Asian diet, which is heavy in carbs and soy based products.

Actually, Soy has been known to stunt or inhibit growth, because soy acts as an aromatase, meaning that it increases estrogen levels, and estrogen is whats responsible for making the bones fuse, preventing further growth.

This mostly explains why Asian men are so short in stature, and probably explains why they're stereotyped as having smaller penises.

quote:
Feminization in our culture of men isn't all about the feminists, there are many metro-sexuals who just adore being pampered and taking longer in the bathroom in front of the mirror than most women I know. Also, women do the primary raising of the men in America because of social issues (that we're all well aware of), and if anything I would think this would toughen up the man. Most American mothers I have seen really push the man to be independent and be the man, learn to wash your clothes, do the dishes, pick up after yourself, etc. If anything, the average American man is more self-sufficient because of being raised by a single EXTREMELY hard working mother who sees no difference between herself and a man aside from anatomy. I would think most men in America have a very fair and equal view of their role as men than most because of the history of parenting in america.
Feminization started with the feminist movement. Of that there can be no doubt. It has grown beyond that today undoubtedly, but thats how it started.

As far as metro-sexuality goes, I'm not sure that has anything to do with the feminization of men, and rather more to do with women being choosier when it comes to selecting men due to greater financial freedom and independence, aswell as sexual awareness.

Metro-sexuality in my opinion arose because men were being pressured to look more attractive in order to be competitive for women, who were no longer satisfied with their men looking and dressing like bums, and with poor personal care.

quote:
I don't think there has been any attempt to 're program' the mind of American men. [Confused]
But the re-programming has already been done, years before.

Most American men today would say that women are equal to them, and deserve to be equal no less, whereas such a notion would have been ridiculous a century ago.

Although, in truth, the perceived equality between men and women is really an illusion, made possible only through the power of belief.

quote:
The only thing women really complain about the american men today is their inability to stick out an honest and intimate relationship with the woman. I know there are plenty of women who are the same, can't trust them, don't want them, but as far as women's complaints...this is the one I always hear about from women.
This is a side effect of the feminist movement.

With the feminist movement, women became more independent, aswell as SEXUALLY aware.

Women were encouraged to indulge in their sexuality, and to look at sex as men do..

The fact that there is so much promiscuity in American men these days is because there are so many women willing to have sex, with no strings attached.

I am not blaming women for this, or even men.

I'm simply telling you the reason for the status quo.

~Alistair

Ironborn
Member # 12020

quote:
Please, people, I am talking about an individual. What appeals to me about this particular person. And that is his confidence, body type, and I happen to find him very manly.

I am really interested to anyone experiences with Egyptian men living in the US. Not debating about American men.

You may aswell start another thread, because this one has been effectively hijacked [Big Grin]

And don't blame me for it. If you did not disparage American men in your post, then this would not have happened [Razz]

~Alistair

Cosmogirl
Member # 8748

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cosmogirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
or... perhaps you are phrasing your OPINION.
Posts: 1071 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ironborn
Member # 12020

quote:
Originally posted by Alchemist:
Alistair,

Thanks.

Sorry Alchemist, I didn't see your post until now.

No I wasn't in the Marines. I was in the Air Force.

I was in a Rescue Squadron, who's primary mission was to rescue downed pilots and other friendlies in enemy territory.

~Alistair

wandalust
Member # 13122

Rate Member
Quote:
Personally I know less who are faithfull, but I think the next generation ( as your friend is) will behave in another way, because they are raised in another culture.

______

???? (sorry, no name) but just wanted to hear more about your experiences about faithfulness.

seabreeze
Member # 10289

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:

Diet contributes to height and size more than any other factor. Genetics plays a part aswell ofcourse, but diet is the most important.

Consider, if you underfeed or give a child sub-nutritional food, then that child will not grow properly and will be stunted and small, no matter how old he or she becomes.

Child predators use this method on children so that the object of their lust effectively remains child like, even as they grow older.

Also, in the booming Asian economies, the people are starting to grow taller than their parents and grand parents because these countries are starting to adopt a more Western like diet..

The Western diet typically has more protein and calcium (red meat and dairy products) than the Asian diet, which is heavy in carbs and soy based products.

Actually, Soy have been known to stunt or inhibit growth, because soy acts as an aromatase, meaning that it increases estrogen levels, and estrogen is whats responsible for making the bones fuse, preventing further growth.

quote:
Feminization started with the feminist movement. Of that there can be no doubt. It has grown beyond that today undoubtedly, but thats how it started.

As far as metro-sexuality goes, I'm not sure that has anything to do with the feminization of men, and rather more to do with women being choosier when it comes to selecting men due to greater financial freedom and independence, aswell as sexual awareness.

Metro-sexuality in my opinion arose because men were being pressured to look more attractive in order to be competitive for women, who were no longer satisfied with their men looking and dressing like bums, and with poor personal care.

quote:
I don't think there has been any attempt to 're program' the mind of American men. [Confused]
But the re-programming has already been done, years before.

Most American today men would say that women are equal to them, and deserve to be equal no less, whereas such a notion would have been ridiculous a century ago.

Although, in truth, the perceived equality between men and women is really an illusion, made possible only through the power of belief.

quote:
This is a side effect of the feminist movement.

With the feminist movement, women became more independent, aswell as SEXUALLY aware.

Women were encouraged to indulge in their sexuality, and to look at sex as men do..

The fact that there is so much promiscuity in American men these days is because there are so many women willing to have sex, with no strings attached.

I am not blaming women for this, or even men.

I'm simply telling you the reason for the status quo.

~Alistair

I think you're going to get a lot of responses to your issues above, and while I can see your point in some of them, others, no. But, I will wait and address them later, I'm off to my weekly torture of maashi at the in-laws house for dinner. [Frown]
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
~Alistair [/QB]

Ok just the fact that you brought this up at all just skiives me out. Blech!
Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wandalust
Member # 13122

Rate Member
Bottom line is I find an Egyptian man sexier than an American man - live with it Alistair. American men are wimps.
Ironborn
Member # 12020

quote:
Originally posted by doodlebug:
quote:
~Alistair

Ok just the fact that you brought this up at all just skiives me out. Blech! [/QB]
Sorry. Due to my profession, I took some classes on how to spot child molestors/predators...aswell as their victims.

~Alistair

daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Any one out there have experience with Westernized Egyptian men? Educated and living in the USA (or possible England). I realize everything depends on the individual buthow much "traditional" behaviour can one expect from someone who has lived a western lifestyle for many years, do they revert back to cultural sterotypes. I have met a man I find very intriguing but am confused by certain domineering habits (he always seems to want to have the last word for example). On the other hand he also alternatively very sweet. And his masculinity - compared to American men - is actually a huge turn-on. Big question: how faithful can you expect an Egyptian man to be? I don't mean to insult anyone or make assumptions but I am confused about traditions of multiple wives, girlfriends, mistresses, I have read about. What is the norm? Thanks for your help.

Each is definitely unique. My husband is *very* Westernized, has been here (U.S.) 20 years. I joke that he is 90% American, 10% Egyptian. But that's not really true. I just find he has great strength of character and integrity, and where he got this from is anyone's guess. Egyptian cultural influence, American, or just something innate. I won't say much about his values, other than I trust him completely and he's very similar to me in temperment. It's very *easy* being with him most of the time. Of course there are occasional blips (some cultural, where I don't understand completely where he's coming from), but for the most part, my home and family are my sanctuary. I hope I've created that for him as well.

I *do* advise talking about *everything* under the sun. How do you envision married life? What about kids? How will they be raised? What religion will they be? What happens if we divorce, who gets the kids? What do you see yourself doing in 10 years? 20 years? How important is religion? How do you expect a wife to act? A husband? Who *runs* the household?

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are thread hijackers considered e-terrorists?

--------------------

Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ironborn
Member # 12020

quote:
Bottom line is I find an Egyptian man sexier than an American man - live with it Alistair. American men are wimps.

LOL I could care less who, or what you find attractive.

I only care about you making dumb ass statements about American men which have no basis in truth or fact whatsoever.

If you think Egyptian men are sexier than American men, then go to Egypt and knock yourself out.

American men in their collective state won't even notice you're gone..

And, you're probably not much of a catch yourself any way.. [Big Grin]

Also if American men are such wimps, then how did America reach the top of the totem pole?

~Alistair

Hibbah
Member # 12156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hibbah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

You may aswell start another thread, because this one has been effectively hijacked [Big Grin]

And don't blame me for it. If you did not disparage American men in your post, then this would not have happened [Razz]

~Alistair

you make me want to puke all over myself Alistair. [Smile]

Anyways, I thought this threads topic included Egyptian men who were born in the U.S.- AKA American men. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 1967 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ironborn
Member # 12020

quote:
Originally posted by hibbah:
you make me want to puke all over myself Alistair. [Smile]

By all means, go ahead and do so...

Just wait until I get my camera out though [Big Grin]

quote:
Anyways, I thought this threads topic included Egyptian men who were born in the U.S.- AKA American men. [Roll Eyes]
Well, looking at what Wandalust wrote in her original post, she was clearly alluding to Egyptian men (as in born in Egypt) living or studying in the U.S, and not Americans with Egyptian heritage.

It always comes back to the reading comprehension doesn't it Hibbah?

I think all that studying you're doing must be frying your brain.

It's time for some rest and relaxation perhaps?

Dinner at my place, 7pm sharp. Wear something sexy [Cool]

~Alistair

ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wandalust, having known a few egyptians in the states and then having known egyptians in egypt, i'd say the major difference is that most egyptians who live in a foreign country retain the best of their egyptian culture and upbringing and combine it with the best of their new country's culture.

since you know how they are in the states, i'll provide some example of how they are in egypt(and DO expect this side to come out in your man, should you visit/move there):

egyptian men are complete mama's boys. they will not take the wife's side over their mother's. they'll just say...please just make peace and show respect to my mother, don't upset her (never mind who's right.)

most don't contribute to household chores and help you out with the grocery shopping, cooking and cleaning. true, most mid-income families have some sort of help even part time, and everything is deliverable no matter how small for a small tip.... but the partnership in a relationship isn't there. the mentality may seem like it's there, but the partnership is... you run the house, he provides the income a la 1950s.

often, if in egypt, you may be competing for his time with his entire extended family (esp if he's the eldest son, he's always at the call of his parents for any little errand anytime), his friends, his job, his second job.

i hate to say alistair has a point about height/health, since americans are one of the most obese people around, but egyptian men definitely let themselves go look-wise after marriage and "have a baby" too.

my point isn't to dwell on the negative traits of egyptian men, but to point out that the ones that i've met in the US/Europe don't seem to have any of these traits, while the majority of the egyptians in egypt - do. it's what i meant about your guy retaining the "best" traits of an egyptian guy.

ladies, anyone else can add to this?

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korven.
Member # 11013

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korven.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Kovin, what is the 5% you refer to? Only 5% are good or it's just the 5% that are bad? Thanks

The 5% are the kind desired by all the world's women. I just know that cause I am simply one of them, not pride but fact. [Smile]
Posts: 1167 | From: Homelandless | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korven.
Member # 11013

quote:
Originally posted by ExptinCAI:
wandalust, having known a few egyptians in the states and then having known egyptians in egypt, i'd say the major difference is that most egyptians who live in a foreign country retain the best of their egyptian culture and upbringing and combine it with the best of their new country's culture.

since you know how they are in the states, i'll provide some example of how they are in egypt(and DO expect this side to come out in your man, should you visit/move there):

egyptian men are complete mama's boys. they will not take the wife's side over their mother's. they'll just say...please just make peace and show respect to my mother, don't upset her (never mind who's right.)

most don't contribute to household chores and help you out with the grocery shopping, cooking and cleaning. true, most mid-income families have some sort of help even part time, and everything is deliverable no matter how small for a small tip.... but the partnership in a relationship isn't there. the mentality may seem like it's there, but the partnership is... you run the house, he provides the income a la 1950s.

often, if in egypt, you may be competing for his time with his entire extended family (esp if he's the eldest son, he's always at the call of his parents for any little errand anytime), his friends, his job, his second job.

i hate to say alistair has a point about height/health, since americans are one of the most obese people around, but egyptian men definitely let themselves go look-wise after marriage and "have a baby" too.

my point isn't to dwell on the negative traits of egyptian men, but to point out that the ones that i've met in the US/Europe don't seem to have any of these traits, while the majority of the egyptians in egypt - do. it's what i meant about your guy retaining the "best" traits of an egyptian guy.

ladies, anyone else can add to this?

First time I see a spider smiling ... There must be something very happy that has occured in your life lately [Wink] [Cool]
wandalust
Member # 13122

Rate Member
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ExptinCAI:

Thank you so much for the advice ExptinCAI. That was most helpful.

Ironborn
Member # 12020

quote:
Originally posted by ExptinCAI:

What do you mean you hate to say I have a point? [Confused]

Sheesh ExptinCAI, I haven't said a word to you in how many years, and you still have a suspicious behaviour towards me..

Anyway, my point was, that while many Americans may be obese or overweight, many of them are extremely fit aswell..

The U.S has some of the best athletes in the World, and many countries from around the World send their athletes to the U.S because our training programs are so good, or use American training techniques in their own programs.

In the end though, fitness isn't really related to nationality. Fitness is about the individual..

Anyone from any country can make a personal decision to be healthy, and stay healthy the rest of their life if they so choose..

Everything in life is an act of will..

~Alistair

Sparkle16
Member # 13047

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sparkle16     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The other thing you may want to consider is their religion, is he muslim or christian. They have completely different outlooks on life based on their religious beliefs. Nothing wrong with a little masculinity if their is a kind heart behind it. You probably shouldn't make a decision based on your libido though. If he always wants the last word when you are dating, he will probably become most like that as time goes on. Ask him why he does that? Does he always have to have the last word? Maybe he thinks you are too aggressive (don't know if you are, but he might have a different perspective). That will open up the doors to the man vs woman role conversation. TALK TO HIM, ASK HIM.
Posts: 206 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
audbod
Member # 12901

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for audbod     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know about American men but Egyptian men are far more attentive to British women than any British guys i've known.
Posts: 209 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caterpillar
Member # 10438

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for caterpillar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well, i'm married to an egyptian man who has lived here about 10 years and he is westernised but still things through his egyptian eyes (gorgeous as they are) its a nice combination.
I agree with what someone else said, just make sure you talk through practicalities, religion, marriage, kids, all the usual stuff. Everyone is unique when it comes to faithfulness, that is individual, you hear about all sorts on here, but try not to be put off, try to judge this guy on what he does not what you expect he might do [Big Grin]
good luck

Posts: 1017 | From: uk | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Quote:
Personally I know less who are faithfull, but I think the next generation ( as your friend is) will behave in another way, because they are raised in another culture.

______

???? (sorry, no name) but just wanted to hear more about your experiences about faithfulness.

Okay. For me as a person I had to do with immigrants, and most of them were not succesfull in any relationship. I think that most of the time this failures were caused by an inequal couple. Great differences in all ways; education, intellegence, prosperity,culture etc.
An immigrant usually is somebody who was rather prospectless in his own society, and moved to another world to get a better life.
So, why is he prospectless? Not enough education -> low social level -> no chances for a good job -> and maybe the wrong mentality to succeed in his own country. Mostly positive coloured stories about immigrants who became "rich" in a Western civilisation; who tell him it all is a bit easier over there, so they make the same decision to "travel".
Arrived in that Western country they learn from their fellow compatriots that they have to marry a Western woman to get a citizenship, and enjoy all the benefits.
That Western woman is a total strange phenomene; not similar with women in their own country.
Even if there are certain feelings involved, main point is economical. This fact, in combination with their own habits concerning tradition,religion and culture, the capacity to understand somebody from another culture, the wish to accept somebody as she is, all this together made marriages fail. An Arabic man is allowed to have more wives, on certain requirements, but usually this will be forgotten.
In their own country there is much more inequality in relationships, the man is higher in rank. This is not how it is supposed to be, but how it usually is, in this particular level.
Your friend isn`t an immigrant, probably he is born and raised in the US. This can make the difference. Nearly always the home-situation has influence on the children, so that`s why I adviced you to learn more about this.
How is his father, how is his mother? In what kind of relationships are his brothers and sisters? How do they think, how do they act?
And talk about the expectations from both of you. No marriage ever will be a guarantee for succes right from the start. Any relationship needs investments, and maintenance. Work on it.
When you both have the same expectations, and both are willing to invest in a relationship, think the same, and there are no huge differences between you two, you can try...

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by caterpillar:
well, i'm married to an egyptian man who has lived here about 10 years and he is westernised but still things through his egyptian eyes (gorgeous as they are) its a nice combination.
I agree with what someone else said, just make sure you talk through practicalities, religion, marriage, kids, all the usual stuff. Everyone is unique when it comes to faithfulness, that is individual, you hear about all sorts on here, but try not to be put off, try to judge this guy on what he does not what you expect he might do [Big Grin]
good luck

HEHEHEH oh caterpillar 10years here ... [Wink] [Wink]

i met a nice looking lad today hes egyptian young got a nice europena girl here hes the hairdresser at me ole familys hairdressers FORTUNATO u heard of it ..he cuts me sons hair .....

Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
chauvnism, that one does not often find in American men.

Come again?
Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wandalust
Member # 13122

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by ?????:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by wandalust:
[qb] Quote:

Your friend isn`t an immigrant, probably he is born and raised in the US. This can make the difference. Nearly always the home-situation has influence on the children, so that`s why I adviced you to learn more about this.
How is his father, how is his mother? In what kind of relationships are his brothers and sisters? ...

Thanks .. he is acutally an immigrant but here many years - still has a sweet accent however. His family is also here but we have not met. Still early stages.
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ?????:

An immigrant usually is somebody who was rather prospectless in his own society, and moved to another world to get a better life.

I have to disagree with this. In my experience, immigrants are either pretty poor, as you describe, or very well off and highly educated. There seems to be no middle class that emigrates to another country (exceptions of course).

I believe somebody just published a book talking about how Muslim immigrants are generally better educated, and financially and professionally more successful, than your average American-born individual. I'll see if I can find it on the web.

But most Muslim/Arab immigrants I know here in the DC area are doctors, engineers, or pharmacists. Prospectless in their own countries? I agree they probably make more money in the U.S. than they would have in Egypt, but I don't think they were *prospectless.* Yes, I run into others who are waiters, cashiers, etc., but most I run into socially generally make more cash than I do. [Big Grin]

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the city close to me has a big university that has many foreign students, many from muslim countries, i imagine when they see the otherside of life they choose to stay, the teaching hospital does have many doctors working there and many working in research, not uneducated people quite the opposite, they're getting opportunities that they cant get at home, is that so wrong.
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alchemist
Member # 12318

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alchemist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Alchemist:
Alistair,

Thanks.

Sorry Alchemist, I didn't see your post until now.

No I wasn't in the Marines. I was in the Air Force.

I was in a Rescue Squadron, who's primary mission was to rescue downed pilots and other friendlies in enemy territory.

~Alistair

What is a 320th trainee?

A Highly Motivated, Truly Dedicated, Blood-thirsty, Kill-crazy, Rompin, Stompin Air Force Recruit!

Rah! What? Rah! What? Rah Rah Rah! [Wink]

Posts: 1879 | From: Going to Graceland | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mi feng
Member # 9378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mi feng     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, putting it in very simple terms.
Lots of experience with well-educated, professional Egyptian man, working in an American city, putting the goats in for the night in an American seaside community.
Utterly and completely faithful. Not interested in any other wives, more concerned about his place in Jannah than his pleasure here on Earth.
Fundamentalist. Westernized. Yes, both.
Helps with all household chores, loves children, would give the shirt off his back to someone in need.
Like most American men I know, he finds protecting and supporting his wife to be extremely important, and doesn't want her to ever worry.
Also, like most of the guys here I know, he doesn't believe his wife should have to work, but wants her to flourish in whatever she chooses to do. I don't know, maybe I just attract the right guys. Wink.
Oh yeah, and he views treating his wife with love and respect as being a way of doing good work for his God and religion, as well as just being the naturally right thing to do.

Hmmmm, so you think he's manly, like that he bosses you around, or at least that he is a chauvinist, have rejected American men caz they aren't manly enough....... This post sounds fictitious if you ask me. Did Josette take on a new persona?

Good luck with your guy, just be careful that your fascination with his accent and Middle Eastern chauvinism may dry up once your common sense and self respect start kicking in.

Posts: 1161 | From: wo xiang xiao bian ji si le | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Sheesh ExptinCAI, I haven't said a word to you in how many years, and you still have a suspicious behaviour towards me..

~Alistair

I see that even though you're a few years older, you're not a few years maturer and still thinks the world revolves around your bicepts. ;-)

There's nothing suspicious about my behavior toward you, as I'm nothing if not blunt.

Your gushing, American patriotism and your interest in physical exercise (which so prevalently dominated your posts before) aside, I have often been verbal on why I disagree with your posts. To remind you,- you've never actually been to Egypt yet feel free to incredibly sweeping generalizations about the country and the culture based on limited time you've spent in the Gulf. What's worse, you put forth your OPINION on things egyptian as if they were based on years of personal observation.

In reality, you're just really good at googling, looking up some facts, and regurgitating them, mistakenly thinking they somehow elevate dyour opinion into facts. You continually mistook this for some sort of a debate, where in your eyes, your arguments (when left unanswered by other posters) somehow became “victorious” and you’d gloat at how you’d shut or slam others. Really, most people just couldn’t be bothered to read your verbose replies that typically missed the point and failed to address the actual issues being discussed.

In otherwords, you posted like a typical, know-it-all university freshman.

Welcome back! ;-)

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wandalust
Member # 13122

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by QueenBee:
Okay, putting it in very simple terms.
Lots of experience with well-educated, professional Egyptian man, working in an American city, putting the goats in for the night in an American seaside community.
Utterly and completely faithful. Not interested in any other wives, more concerned about his place in Jannah than his pleasure here on Earth.
Fundamentalist. Westernized. Yes, both.
Helps with all household chores, loves children, would give the shirt off his back to someone in need.
Like most American men I know, he finds protecting and supporting his wife to be extremely important, and doesn't want her to ever worry.
Also, like most of the guys here I know, he doesn't believe his wife should have to work, but wants her to flourish in whatever she chooses to do. I don't know, maybe I just attract the right guys. Wink.
Oh yeah, and he views treating his wife with love and respect as being a way of doing good work for his God and religion, as well as just being the naturally right thing to do.

Hmmmm, so you think he's manly, like that he bosses you around, or at least that he is a chauvinist, have rejected American men caz they aren't manly enough....... This post sounds fictitious if you ask me. Did Josette take on a new persona?

Good luck with your guy, just be careful that your fascination with his accent and Middle Eastern chauvinism may dry up once your common sense and self respect start kicking in.

I am not Jossette - and even in what little time I have spent here I know that was not a compliment ;-). My enquiry is sincere. I just to not know this person well enough yet -- certainly talk of marriage is very premature - however, I can see already that he has some stellar character qualities such as loyalty, integrity. But coming from Egypt and a different culture it has been slightly different experience than interacting with a Canadian, an American or a Brit, as examples. There is no doubt a somewhat domineering air to some of, not all, our interactions. So I'm just trying to get a sense of what my expectations should be.

I don't think it's true that all are completely faithful to the wives but I am sure the vast majority are.

ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

double post
alma37
Member # 11314

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alma37         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fetishisms are a sign of mental illness. The amount of unhealthy stereotyping are no doubt bound to harm the object(as opposed to being seen as a person) of the fetish.

Hatred of Western males or females has often spawned fetish desires in the counterpart upon those that they see are "different".

I know a divorced, middle-aged woman from the U.S. who takes frequent trips to Jamaica. She's made no bones about picking up younger guys there and objectifying them. Constant praise for whatever good qualities she sees in them , while finding the bad qualities endearing, or cute. In the same vein, she totally villifies, belittles, and spats venom at American men. All good qualities in them are bad, and the bad qualities, well, they deserve to be hanged for!!!!!

On the other side, I know a Western male revert to Islam. While I would never question someones motives for reverting to Islam, he seemed to really wish for an Arab Muslim woman to marry... at all costs. Again, I don't want to question his motives, but I've seen him act in a similar way to the lady described above. His wife basically rules the roost from what I can gather (in a not-very-traditional way), while at times I, and others, have heard him denounce Western women in a very harsh and alomst brutal way.... very much in public!

Posts: 55 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com