EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Baby Acne ???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Baby Acne ???
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Confused]
ohhh, I woke up yesterday to see my beautiful little baby girl has acne !! [Frown]
I read about it, it says it will clear up on its own, anyone have experience with this?? [Confused]

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My son had it for a few weeks. My nephew had it really badly. It does just clear up on its own.

I didn't wash boy's fash with anything but water, gently.

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do notice after I bathe her it looks GREAT but then a couple of hours later it gets really red and flares up again. What a nightmare, and I wanted to start taking pictures. [Frown]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
citizen
Member # 1344

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for citizen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It wouldn't be heat rash, would it? Is it only on the face?
Posts: 1039 | From: Cairo | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes, one of my kids had it too (the girl) when she was a baby ... i used a special cream (natural !) from the chemist's to 'dry' the skin cause she was a sweaty baby (sweet but also sweaty) [Wink]
My baby always had too warm and I realized she couldn't stand hot baths or hot temperatures in her room. Then I didn't put on pyjamas-in-one-piece anymore and it disappeared by its own. Good luck with the baby , the pics will be lovely anyway [Wink] [Wink]

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Yes, it's just on the face. How can tell if it's heat rash ??
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or perhaps this? Although your baby might be a little old to have this. My son had it, though. Freaked me out, but the doc said it was harmless and would go away. The only reason I ask is sometimes it looked worse, then got better, then came back.

http://www.drgreene.com/21_1084.html

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
heat rash comes and goes and is not there all the time
('heat rash' was indeed the word i meant too)

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
citizen
Member # 1344

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for citizen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heat rash usually appears on covered bits, like around the neck and on chest where clothing chafes, called 'hamu el Nil' in Arabic. Your in-laws will recognize it. Exposure to air helps...but it doesn't sound like that's what she's got.
Posts: 1039 | From: Cairo | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Under the influence of hormones (andosteron, testosteron etc.) a kind of acne can occure...Acne infantum. Treatment is usually not necesarry, however benzoylperoxide could be used local. It dissappears by itselve....

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
I tried to copy the link of wikipedia but it doesn't work out [Frown]
You can read about different types of heat rash.
Miliaria is the scientifical name.
Hopefully the information is useful.

seabreeze
Member # 10289

Thanks to all [Smile]
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 4 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
your baby is developing 'bawwab's baby syndrome'

unhygienic

Keep your baby away from everyone and anyone for 2 weeks and you will see results.

Posts: 2079 | From: 'by any means necessary' - Malcom X | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cairobug
Member # 10571

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cairobug   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Smuckers: Tell them to stop kissing your baby's face!!!! Your baby is to only be kissed on the hands!!! No more of their kisses on the baby's face, or them touching her face.

good luck [Smile]

and the title is just so cute, awwww

--------------------
Disclaimer: My posts are not meant to personally offend anyone. If you find yourself reading my posts repeatedly, you are kindly asked to seek the help of a professional [Smile]

Posts: 483 | From: cairo | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

[Big Grin] thanks, it's almost gone now [Smile]
Mer
Member # 11678

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The best for the babies skin probs is the cream called or consisting of olive and zinc, may be the commercial name is olivezinc, but make sure it is for babies and not for infants, cos we have two types. Also may be it was a mosqito bite again this cream can help a lot.
Posts: 125 | From: Egypt | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com