EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » online relations

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: online relations
Just me
Member # 13160

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Just me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
anyone relates? share your experience if you please
how do you know if it's real...etc?

Posts: 76 | From: Hurghada | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pressure makes diamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i met my x wife online 5 years ago we talked online first we starting talking on phone we felt relaxed together we met in Bahrain for first time i was in Bahrain that time and had better conditions then her work and money and stuff so she came for visit we had great time together we got married though i dont know much about paper work as i married her as Muslim we didn’t go through stuff like in egypt as we both didnt had any problems in traveling and as well the whole probes of marriage was that we be together and because iam Muslim after some time of been together
she got work in Bahrain met people and saw her interests went to other stuff like parting with people from her country stuff like that she felt she were fast when she decided to get marriage and wanted to be free with men as she want so we simply got divorce we still friends and take all time
and I wish her to be happy in her life
though I left Bahrain as I didn’t handle rejection quite well 
last she was Canadian

Posts: 1499 | From: Dark Side of the Moon | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As I understand you are in a online relationship, you are having doubts about telling some things out of your past, and the rate of honesty that you will show in this relationship.
Have you ever met?
If NO, are there any plans to meet in real?
I think by meeting somebody you will get a more clearer look on the personality... Make clear you want to meet, to get to know each other better and complete...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pressure makes diamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ?????:
As I understand you are in a online relationship, you are having doubts about telling some things out of your past, and the rate of honesty that you will show in this relationship.
Have you ever met?
If NO, are there any plans to meet in real?
I think by meeting somebody you will get a more clearer look on the personality... Make clear you want to meet, to get to know each other better and complete...

true i think if you feel you are interested in the person you talking to online then you willing to take the chance to meet him in real
but dont just talk and talk and then say marry me
you need both of you to meet in real and stay together for while to understand each other better
and see how you both react in real life and towards each other
amr

Posts: 1499 | From: Dark Side of the Moon | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SherryBlueBerry
Member # 13867

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SherryBlueBerry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I met Egyptian man online...did the no-no and fell in love with him. He was married and told me from the beginning but went through long song and dance about his "sooo unhappy marriage". I went to Egypt and stayed 2 weeks with him and fell even deeper in love.

Needless to say over the past 3 1/2 years I have been to Egypt 4 times and stayed with him this last time a month (he lives apart from his wife).

Well after discussing marriage (after his divorce)..and discussing my living there part time...suddenly he began to hem and haw...and pull back. Finally told me he just COULD NOT divorce his wife while he lived in Egypt because of his kids (17 & 21). Said if he left the country he could divorce her...go figure..but I went along.

Friday..was just surfing and putting in his various nicknames..and what do I find!!! His profile and I might add sexy comments to many women all over the world...some made as current as Thursday!

Wellllll...being the hot tempered person that I am unfortunately..I called him and flew into him. And even more unfortunate we began to sling mud back and forth and I ended up calling him again at home instead of his cell phone. Well wife knows now about this relationship...

He cursed me and damned me to hell...then had the never to say...but habepty you can make me happy again..please come to Egypt. I love you..

Duhhhhh......sure thing...NOT NOT NOT!

Online relationships suck...I am broken hearted...he is out surfing for fresher meat...and another family has been broken.

Posts: 263 | From: Georgia USA | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ouch, sorry that happened to you Sherry.

I think there is probably no need to tell him everything 'Just Me'...if it is something you think he might have the right to know about (were you a prostitute, have you been in prison, were you conviced of child abuse, etc.) then it might be lying to keep it from him.

For other things, just let them come out in their due time, if ever.

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SherryBlueBerry
Member # 13867

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SherryBlueBerry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Smuckers...it is painful today and will probably be so tomorrow and for a long time to come. How an intelligent mid 50's woman could be sucked into something so stupid. Wow...I have read and read so many stories about this very thing...but I thought my case was "different"...that he was "different". Yeah he was different all right...INDIFFERENT.

Maybe he just wanted to see if he could get into the USA...he's tried 4 times and been turned down 4 times..thanks to God now...because he probably would have come here and been with me only long enough to find another woman and another one and another one..........

I enjoy this forum..even the arguments [Smile] ) It keeps me entertained and also informed.

Posts: 263 | From: Georgia USA | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SherryBlueBerry:
I met Egyptian man online...did the no-no and fell in love with him. He was married and told me from the beginning but went through long song and dance about his "sooo unhappy marriage". I went to Egypt and stayed 2 weeks with him and fell even deeper in love.

Needless to say over the past 3 1/2 years I have been to Egypt 4 times and stayed with him this last time a month (he lives apart from his wife).

Well after discussing marriage (after his divorce)..and discussing my living there part time...suddenly he began to hem and haw...and pull back. Finally told me he just COULD NOT divorce his wife while he lived in Egypt because of his kids (17 & 21). Said if he left the country he could divorce her...go figure..but I went along.

Friday..was just surfing and putting in his various nicknames..and what do I find!!! His profile and I might add sexy comments to many women all over the world...some made as current as Thursday!

Wellllll...being the hot tempered person that I am unfortunately..I called him and flew into him. And even more unfortunate we began to sling mud back and forth and I ended up calling him again at home instead of his cell phone. Well wife knows now about this relationship...

He cursed me and damned me to hell...then had the never to say...but habepty you can make me happy again..please come to Egypt. I love you..

Duhhhhh......sure thing...NOT NOT NOT!

Online relationships suck...I am broken hearted...he is out surfing for fresher meat...and another family has been broken.

The man said that his marriage was unhappy, and that can be the truth. I`ve never seen so many unhappy marriages as in Egypt. BUT, I see it by my Western way to look at relationships.
Unhappy marriages in Egypt seem to be different to them as they are to us.
A devorce is different to them as it is to us.
Sure there are devorces, sure there are happy marriages, but we look at it by another way.
An honourfull man in common, will never marry a woman where he is able to have sex with, without being married. Maybe only when she offers him certain opportunities he would like to have, but he would consider it as temporary and not as serious as a marriage with an Egyptian woman.
When an Egyptian man should decide to devorce his Egyptian wife to marry a Western one, he would lose all respect, but besides the shame on him personally, also his children and family would feel damaged by his action.
I don`t know your ex-bf, he seems to get his exitement out of contacts with Western women, and trying to get involved with him, the fact that you called his house, and his wife answered the phone, and was not happy with her husbands hobby, shows that his marriage was not as bad as he pretended it was. And that living apart also doesn`t seem likely...

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rahiq
Member # 13906

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rahiq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"When an Egyptian man should decide to devorce his Egyptian wife to marry a Western one, he would lose all respect, but besides the shame on him personally, also his children and family would feel damaged by his action."

what about if he divorced his Egyptian wife and married another Egyptian woman?
does he still lose all respect, shame on him persoanlly and his children and family be damaged?

What is he took a second wife and treated her better than the now discarded first wife?
Will he still be respectable? does this bring shame on the family, children?

How likely is the first wife to speak out about jealousy? How likely is the first wife to let others in the family know how she feels discarded?

Why does a man need to wives?
Is it purely sex?

If so does that not show to everyone that the first wife cannot satisfy her husbands urges?

Just thinking out loud [Confused]

--------------------
Posts: 286 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SherryBlueBerry
Member # 13867

Member Rated:
You know I can't tell you the number of times I read about Egyptian men being reluctant to divorce their wives. I read so many times about how they would be shamed and that they would lose the respect of their families and friends. I just didn't take it to mean MY Egyptian man [Frown] I have learned a valuable lesson..no matter what a man (no matter his culture) tells you...if he's married happily or unhappily...don't believe him. Single men only need apply from now on. I left this relationship with a broken heart, crushed dreams and a shattered self esteem.

I knew all along that this man who was handsome and sexy (although he was my same age) would never fall in love with an overweight 50'ish woman from another culture but I wanted to believe him.

Never again...and ????? I agree about the unhappy marriages that I've read so much about. I wonder why it is these men are looking so much for something..and what are they looking for?

I never gave Essam a dime of money...so it must not have been my money...which I have very little of...that drew him to me. I don't know...

I do know...given the ending...I am now back to feeling like the fat old woman that nobody could love. [Frown]

Sorry to ramble on...I guess I need to vent and you guys were it [Smile]

seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
You know I can't tell you the number of times I read about Egyptian men being reluctant to divorce their wives. I read so many times about how they would be shamed and that they would lose the respect of their families and friends. I just didn't take it to mean MY Egyptian man [Frown] I have learned a valuable lesson..no matter what a man (no matter his culture) tells you...if he's married happily or unhappily...don't believe him. Single men only need apply from now on. I left this relationship with a broken heart, crushed dreams and a shattered self esteem.

I knew all along that this man who was handsome and sexy (although he was my same age) would never fall in love with an overweight 50'ish woman from another culture but I wanted to believe him.

Never again...and ????? I agree about the unhappy marriages that I've read so much about. I wonder why it is these men are looking so much for something..and what are they looking for?

I never gave Essam a dime of money...so it must not have been my money...which I have very little of...that drew him to me. I don't know...

I do know...given the ending...I am now back to feeling like the fat old woman that nobody could love. [Frown]

Sorry to ramble on...I guess I need to vent and you guys were it [Smile]

Don't feel badly about yourself, there is only ONE YOU that is unique and beautiful, Sherry, don't let any man (or woman!) change that in you. This is for you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-USUDzycRvM

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SherryBlueBerry
Member # 13867

Member Rated:
Thanks Smuckers [Smile] I needed that. Today is not a good day for my self esteem...it has taken a beating.

I am sitting here at work reading this forum..grrrr...I need to get back to work!

I may want to come back to Egypt as just a simple tourist and not the lover of an Egyptian man...I may want to come back and see the Red Sea unencumbered!

Later guys/gals...work is calling and the insurance business in the USA never rests!

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by pseudovellum:
"When an Egyptian man should decide to devorce his Egyptian wife to marry a Western one, he would lose all respect, but besides the shame on him personally, also his children and family would feel damaged by his action."

what about if he divorced his Egyptian wife and married another Egyptian woman?
does he still lose all respect, shame on him persoanlly and his children and family be damaged?

What is he took a second wife and treated her better than the now discarded first wife?
Will he still be respectable? does this bring shame on the family, children?

How likely is the first wife to speak out about jealousy? How likely is the first wife to let others in the family know how she feels discarded?

Why does a man need to wives?
Is it purely sex?

If so does that not show to everyone that the first wife cannot satisfy her husbands urges?

Just thinking out loud [Confused]

Well, you first should have to know more about averages marriages in Egypt, the common attitude from a wife to her husband and the husband against the wife. Often it is totally different.

It is to much to name it all in one topic. Maybe it should be usefull to open a new topic about it, WITH honest input from Egyptians themselves, men and women...

Just me
Member # 13160

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Just me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
ouch, sorry that happened to you Sherry.

I think there is probably no need to tell him everything 'Just Me'...if it is something you think he might have the right to know about (were you a prostitute, have you been in prison, were you conviced of child abuse, etc.) then it might be lying to keep it from him.

For other things, just let them come out in their due time, if ever.

why everyone here thinks I am a female!!! [Confused]
sorry to read about what you experienced SherryBlueBerry, wish all the best and to find that someone who really loves you for who you are

Posts: 76 | From: Hurghada | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

quote:
Thanks Smuckers [Smile] I needed that. Today is not a good day for my self esteem...it has taken a beating.

I am sitting here at work reading this forum..grrrr...I need to get back to work!

I may want to come back to Egypt as just a simple tourist and not the lover of an Egyptian man...I may want to come back and see the Red Sea unencumbered!

Later guys/gals...work is calling and the insurance business in the USA never rests!

Anxiety weighs down the human heart, but a good word cheers it up. [Smile]
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I met my husband online. I am happy to say things are working quite well for us. We actually met through this forum, added to messengers and things just went from there. Relations that start online can be even better than ones that start out in person. You are forced to talk to eachother and learn about eachother instead of being distracted by physical attractions. There are bad points that can happen as well as everyone here in the forum has seen with the various people that lie and hide things. But for a select few, things work out very nicely, when you are honest and dont hide anything. Its always best to be upfront and tell the truth about yourself, including your past, because things always have a way of coming out. Its better for you to have been the one to tell that special person than for them to find out later on or from someone else and then they feel betrayed cause you never told them or feel they cant trust you cause you hid something from them.
Sherry, I am so sorry that you have gotten a broken heart from all of this, it was a long time to be with someone and then have it go badly, been there myself. Not your situation but invested years into an online relation traveling back and forth only to have it turn bad at the end.

--------------------
http://image.lafemmebonita.com/c/av879029.jpg

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SherryBlueBerry
Member # 13867

Member Rated:
Thanks all of you. He called me this morning yelling and screaming that I had finally broken up his marriage by sending pictures of the two of us in Hurghada to his wife!!!! I did not send pictures because he has the only copy of the picture cds. I finally told him after he calmed down that he had downloaded them onto his son's pc and that is where she found them. But it was still my fault... [Frown] I think he finds himself guilt free. He called me a devil for whatever reason. I am not the married one...and my only stipulation to him once I he had a true wife (as opposed to one living apart) was that in order for me to move to Egypt or be his real wife...then he would have to be divorced.

Anyway I am going to focus on healing and just working and working and working. The more I work the less time I have to mope...unless I am on here during work hours ... [Roll Eyes]

Mizo Mohamed
Member # 13893

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mizo Mohamed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sherry you sound as though you are well rid of this conceited lying loser .. and you have done his wife a favour because it sounds like he's been having more than one extra marital affair..
Ignore further rantings from this man he will have a negative effect on you. YOu need to be arround positive people and yes.. continue to work on healing and empowerment.. Learn to love yourself and allow your self esteem to grow. You have a good heart and one day Mr.Right will be there waiting when you are ready to be loved for who you are. Good luck.. keep your chin up Sherry

Posts: 36 | From: LONDON | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well i met walid 5 yrs ago online
now he knows more about me then i do we plan to meet in february here in usa
he is in cario today for his apointment for his visitors visa i pray he gets it but if not we will try anf find another way we just never give up on eachother

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
quote:
Thanks all of you. He called me this morning yelling and screaming that I had finally broken up his marriage by sending pictures of the two of us in Hurghada to his wife!!!! I did not send pictures because he has the only copy of the picture cds. I finally told him after he calmed down that he had downloaded them onto his son's pc and that is where she found them. But it was still my fault... [Frown] I think he finds himself guilt free. He called me a devil for whatever reason. I am not the married one...and my only stipulation to him once I he had a true wife (as opposed to one living apart) was that in order for me to move to Egypt or be his real wife...then he would have to be divorced.

Anyway I am going to focus on healing and just working and working and working. The more I work the less time I have to mope...unless I am on here during work hours ... [Roll Eyes]

If this man can leave his wife for a month without problems,and he could do so several times, I doubt the breaking up result. But whatever he tells you, it is not your concern anymore. Don`t defend yourself, and let it go.
You started an affair with a man who was married, and however he promised to leave his wife, he didn`t.
So, he chosed for HER, and having you as an willing extra partner. This was not in your plans, and so you broke up. Simple as that, and don`t make it anymore bigger as it is. Married men with such stories are everywhere. That`s the risk when you get involved with anyone married...

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com