EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » flights to the UK......?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: flights to the UK......?
dragonfly
Member # 13928

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for dragonfly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi again,
I need a bit of advice please, does anyone know if Egyptian nationals can fly on both scheduled and chartered flights from Egypt to the UK or not? I assumed they could but I just read this........
"Egyptian Air Travel regulations require that Egypt residents or anyone who has been in Egypt
longer than 28 days may only travel on scheduled flights"
Thanks!!
x

Posts: 17 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
happybunny
Member # 14224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for happybunny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi

From what i know egyptain nationals are unable to fly on chartered flights from the uk. My husband and i wanted to fly to sharm but was unable. The tourist agency said it should not be a problem if you are booking a package holiday ie flights/hotel from the uk. You will be unable to book a flight from egypt. KLM are the cheapest but of course they are not direct.

Take care

Posts: 895 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dragonfly
Member # 13928

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dragonfly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks so much for that! Noone seems to be able to tell me what the situation is and it seems ridiculous that they cant but I am getting used to most things being ridiculus these days!
Someone told me that egyptians can fly on chartered flights if its is a package holiday including a hotel but not without?
Can he fly with KLM on a spousal visa for the UK? Would he not need a transit visa as well for amsterdam?
I think we will just book with egyptair!
Thanks again Happybunny!
X

Posts: 17 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
get_over_it
Member # 11286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for get_over_it     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine came via Prague, he found a really cheap flight with only a few hours in transit (no extra visa needed as long as they don't leave the airport, as far as I know). His brother recently flew back to Ireland via Amsterdam and again, didn't need a transit visa for his few hours in Holland.

Saying that, if you can find a decent fare, a direct flight with EgyptAir or BA would be even better and save all that extra hanging about - although I guess if you've waited this long to be together, a few more hours isn't going to hurt! [Smile]

Posts: 463 | From: Other side of nowhere | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
happybunny
Member # 14224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for happybunny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He can fly KLM as long as he doesn't leave Amsterdam airport! It is cheaper as with all non - direct flights but it takes longer. He can fly any scheduled flight without having to get any transit visa as long as he doesn't leave the airport. Egyptair is a good choice but try BA as well if your looking for direct they sometimes have good offers!!
Good luck to you both.
Take care

Posts: 895 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com