EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » REuk visa

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: REuk visa
tut tut
Member # 14212

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tut tut     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i just been on the uk visa website .
it is showing that for a visa for marriage it is only £63 ???
is this right ?
are they saying you can come over to get married to a english person on a visa for £63 .
anyone know how that works? [Confused] [Confused]

Posts: 69 | From: uk | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habeeby
Member # 14429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habeeby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would be surprised if that is correct because a spouse visa is £800... I think you may have misread something...
Posts: 1797 | From: By my husband's side | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
how much is 800 le??
i dont know how to make the letters like yals hehehe
so

LE

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habeeby
Member # 14429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habeeby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tina 800 Le is £80 English Pounds but i was on about £800 English Pounds not Egyptian when i ws talking about spouse visa. [Eek!] I think 2 Dollard is 1 English Pound, does that help you?
Posts: 1797 | From: By my husband's side | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow thats not good is it e dollars for 1 english pound
ouch!!!
i know its 10 pesos for 1 dollar that seems to be alot better lol

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tina, UK £1 is almost US $2 ($1.9556 to be exact today).
Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tut tut:
is this right ?
are they saying you can come over to get married to a english person on a visa for £63 .

This price is for a Visit only. The price for 'settlement' as in coming to UK to marry and 'settle' there with the spouse is £500, thats 500 Stirling. The 'visit' may 'possibly' allow you to marry in UK but the rules for marriage in UK would have to be taken into account.

I think now to get married in UK you both have to provide a passport, or proof of some sort that 1 is a UK citizen. The immigration authorities ARE notified on any application to marry.

Marriage to a UK citizen does NOT give automatic right to settle in UK WITH them.

If a visit visa for marriage was obtained and marriage took place in UK, then a further application to settle would be/could be done in UK, depending on the immigration rules.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superwoman
Member # 14656

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superwoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ayisha did you ever consider settling in the UK with your husband? What are the hardest things you have found about moving to Egypt from the UK?
Posts: 918 | From: Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mrs, NO WAY!! lol

Firstly, he wouldnt move to UK anyway, although he would like to visit one day and I would love to take him to meet my friends and see the beautiful country I am from. And secondly, I dont want to be in UK any more.

Harderst things are no Asda, no Warburtons bread, no Ikea, no B&Q, no WH Smiths and having no car!! [Big Grin]

I love being here but if I took him there it would be like taking a fish out of the sea and expecting it to live on land.

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superwoman
Member # 14656

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superwoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So you only miss the shops!? lol

Did you speak/read Arabic before you went there? I would consider moving but these things would scare me, what if i absolutely HATED it!! lol Had you lived outside the UK before?

Posts: 918 | From: Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
I miss other things too, like GREEN, I'm from Derbyshire!! [Big Grin]

I dont speak much Arabic although I understand more than I speak. I can read some Arabic, if its got the diacritical marks (vowels) and I do know numbers so that helps. I am learning as I go though and most people are very helpful. The guy in our local shop teaches me Arabic for what I want and I teach him the English [Big Grin] Another shop I go to I insist on him telling me the price in Arabic and he will wait for a minute until I have worked it out [Big Grin]

I have not 'lived' outside UK before but I have been here a lot over the past 3 years, sometimes staying 5 or 7 weeks before I moved. If I really hated it I would go back, but I have known a few people move out and hate it so much that they went back, only to find when they are back in UK they realized Egypt is where they 'belong' and they come back [Big Grin]

--------------------

tut tut
Member # 14212

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tut tut     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks ayisha,habeeby
thats what i was looking at .
would it not be easier to get the settlement visa at a later date .
ie they might view the fact you married in england prior to (maybe even twelve months ) applying for settlement visa a good sign that the marriage was not a fake ?????

Posts: 69 | From: uk | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habeeby
Member # 14429

The problem that you have with a fiancee visa is that you cannot work on this visa. So it would depend on whether you are happy to be a kept man or not, only you can decide on that...
Korvin's
Member # 14099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korvin's     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tut tut:
is this right ?

You go to the embassy and buy a ticket I mean a visa and go to the UK to marry a ukian chic [Wink]
Posts: 890 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
visitor visas are near impossible to get.

He has to PROVE he will return after a visit. Ask yourself how he can possibly do that.

Once you apply and are refused this is put on computer. When you try to apply again for settlement the first refusal will pop up. This is NOT good.

It is better to go for the spousal one.

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korvin's
Member # 14099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korvin's     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Habeeby:
Tina 800 Le is £80 English Pounds but i was on about £800 English Pounds not Egyptian when i ws talking about spouse visa. [Eek!] I think 2 Dollard is 1 English Pound, does that help you?

When will that tiger stop laughing at us ?!
Posts: 890 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habeeby
Member # 14429

Quote:

You go to the embassy and buy a ticket I mean a visa and go to the UK to marry a ukian chic

Lol.......

tut tut
Member # 14212

Rate Member
toot this is not a vistors visa either ??
it seems to be one i never seen before the purpose being marriage only .although it is the same price as tourist visa .it is displayed in a different box on website ???
korvin
love ukian lol lol

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
This may be new since the Law in UK changed, not sure when, but before you had people on a visit visa getting married to stay in the country. Once married IN UK they were rarely deported once the application to remain was made. Now you can't GET married in UK without a visa for that purpose. ALL applications for marriage are checked with immigration first if one or both parties are a foreigner and a UK citizen has to prove they are in fact a UK citizen. I would think this fiance visit visa for marriage would have conditions attached that stopped you applying for leave to remain in UK after the marriage.

I would also assume that anyone applying to marry in UK would have to give good reasons why the UK party can't come and marry in Egypt. In the case of a muslim man going to marry a muslim woman before bringing her back to his country this would be more 'acceptable' as most muslim women, depending on culture, would not be allowed to travel to him. Don't forget these rules will apply to many other countries other than Egypt.

--------------------

Habeeby
Member # 14429

Quote:

When will that tiger stop laughing at us ?!

Korvin my Tiger is always laughing, but be careful she has a laugh on her face but a bite in her jaws.... [Wink] [Big Grin]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com