EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Historical Mistakes too?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Historical Mistakes too?
Mokoo
Member # 4576

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mokoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Secular Historical Mistakes in the Quran

Another great error is the Quranic claim that Alexander the Great was a devout Muslim. It also claims that Alexander (Zul-Qarnain) lived to an old age. (Sura 18:89-98) It is well known that Alexander died shortly after his attempt to rebuild Babylon at the "ripe old age" of 33. Encyclopedia Britannica (15:479) states:

"His (Muhammad's) account of Alexander, introduced as the "two-horned one," is derived from the Romance of Alexander, which was current among the Nestorian Christians of the 7th century in a Syriac version."
Some Muslims argue against this but it is so clear that even Ali admits:

"I HAVE NOT THE LEAST DOUBT that Zul-Qarnain is meant to be Alexander the Great, the historic Alexander, and not some legendary Alexander." (emphasis mine, Ibid, p.763)
The Concise Dictionary of Islam (p. 229) also upholds this view. This is devastating to the Quran's alleged accuracy. If the Quran fails to get history straight, then how can we trust anything else that it contains? It is also very interesting that another account of Zal-Qarnain has him following the setting sun and watching it go into a muddy spring of water (Sura 18:85-86). Doesn't say much for the scientific accuracy of the Quran. Some Muslim apologists will attempt to get around this by saying that if you sat on the beach and watched the sun set it would "appear" as if going into the water. However, that will not suffice because the account is clear that Alexander (Zal-Qarnain) followed it into a MUDDY SPRING. You don't find the Atlantic Ocean "full of mud" today. Additionally, the ocean can hardly be considered a spring. I think that Mohammad's fingerprints are all over the Quran, it was not "revealed" by Allah or anyone else, it was simply pushed by Mohammad, and he is the author of it, plain and simple. The claim that the Quran was "handed down from heaven" also falls to the ground. Since it was written by Allah there is no way it could have been written by Mohammad. This, however, is not the case. The Concise Dictionary of Islam (p. 228) states that the Arabic of the Quran is in the dialect and vocabulary of someone who was a member of the Quraysh tribe living in the city of Mecca. Incidentally, Hadith testifies to this fact. (Vol. 6, no. 507) Now, if the dialect of the Quran is clearly of Mohammad's tribe, then how could it have been handed from heaven? The Quran is NOT perfect Arabic, as we will see later.

In Sura 105 Mohammad claims that the elephant army of Abrah was defeated by birds dropping stones of baked clay upon them. "Seest thou not how they Lord dealt With the Companions of the Elephant? Did he not make their treacherous plan Go astray? And He sent against them Flights of Birds, Striking them with stones of baked clay. Then did He make them Like an empty field Of stalks and straw, (Of which the corn) has been eaten up." However, according to the historical account, Abrah's army withdrew their attack on Mecca after smallpox broke out among the troops. (Alfred Guillaume, Islam, p. 21)

That was a short list but a powerful one nonetheless. I have not garbled it or read anything into the text, it is clear that the Quran is highly inaccurate in biblical narratives as well as "secular" history. Moving on, let's take a look at the Quran itself, and see if it does indeed stay consistent.

Posts: 195 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
madmax
Member # 4910

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for madmax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[This message has been edited by madmax (edited 13 August 2004).]

Posts: 69 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ahmed2004
Member # 4528

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ahmed2004     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you are realy sick guy,do you think someone could read and believe the silly things which you anounced here,,,poor guy
Posts: 273 | From: egypt,aswan | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
malachi2004
Member # 4707

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for malachi2004   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Mokoo, they deleted your threads. Lousy loser eh? Hey, I read that they are trying to boycott you from freedom of speach, you never attack people, me? Hey, I attack the losers, but they always attack you for telling the truth. Why not delete the entire fukking board, if you can't share you experience eh? Why is it okay for all the dumb western girls who got used by the Egyptian con artist to post 1,000 threads but you can't point out the truth about Islam. Hey, **** losers!

Keep it up Mokoo

Say your piece, hey they don't have to agree, but its not okay for them to keep you from spreading to truth. Who knows, you could bed touching a lot of stupid women ready to give their life to this dumb religion for a con man. Yes! The religion teach them to con women into being multiple wives. Yes! I read they marry temporary for sex,, ha ha ha ha , the ladies are stupid, after they have sex, they will dump you, the marriage is worthless, its in that stupid koran.

Shalom
Malachi

Posts: 70 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jaguar
Member # 3378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jaguar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
malachi2004... Crying wall wan*er... that's what you DO
Posts: 477 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mokoo
Member # 4576

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mokoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by malachi2004:
Who knows, you could bed touching a lot of stupid women ready to give their life to this dumb religion for a con man.
Shalom
Malachi

I already saved 2.

Posts: 195 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cappa
Member # 4926

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cappa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by malachi2004:
Hey Mokoo, they deleted your threads. Lousy loser eh? Hey, I read that they are trying to boycott you from freedom of speach, you never attack people, me? Hey, I attack the losers, but they always attack you for telling the truth. Why not delete the entire fukking board, if you can't share you experience eh? Why is it okay for all the dumb western girls who got used by the Egyptian con artist to post 1,000 threads but you can't point out the truth about Islam. Hey, **** losers!

Keep it up Mokoo

Malachi

don't worry mookoo, they can't shut u up, freedom of speech is your right, say wt ever the hell u want, no one can stop u..
to those who don't like mookoo,
u may not agree with wt he has to say, but u sh'd support his right and freedome to say it.
to the thread deletors,
deleting threads won't fix wt's wrong, it might trick a few into thinkin that all is well but most know better...

Posts: 135 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blunt
Member # 4943

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Blunt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To the brilliant cappa...
shut the h.. up
FREEDOM is BE autiful isn't it?
aaal cappa aaal...

quote:
Originally posted by cappa:
don't worry mookoo, they can't shut u up, freedom of speech is your right, say wt ever the hell u want, no one can stop u..
to those who don't like mookoo,
u may not agree with wt he has to say, but u sh'd support his right and freedome to say it.
to the thread deletors,
deleting threads won't fix wt's wrong, it might trick a few into thinkin that all is well but most know better...

Posts: 115 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mokoo:
I already saved 2.

Oh yes?! Is this what you actually think has been the result of all your c&p efforts? and which "stupid women" do you reckon you have "saved"?

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cappa
Member # 4926

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cappa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Blunt:
To the brilliant cappa...
shut the h.. up
FREEDOM is BE autiful isn't it?
aaal cappa aaal...

thanks for the compliment i'm kinda brilliant i suppose..heh
and freedom is beautiful but u'll never know...
oh and i don't shut up, i throw up and then your mom goes and licks it up...lol (i went to kindergarten too wt u know..)

Posts: 135 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com