EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Men of Luxor (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Men of Luxor
Nefret-Iabet
Member # 4921

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nefret-Iabet   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Feedback appreciated. While in Luxor recently after working in upper Egypt, I stayed & met a very nice man, nice smile, (younger than myself which to me is irrelevant since he didn;t notice, neither did I), who was a taxi driver and his brother "Omar" also arranged tours of the VOK. They also had a felluca. After a few days he professed he "loved me" and ask me to write and call (which I did a few times to his cellp). Can he be sincere, knowing each other only a few days? He never asked for anything, and we had some nice conversations in cafes, but insisted he could not sleep for thinking of me, and when would I return. I am not a young girl, but attractive older woman, but still wonder if he could possibly be serious? As far as a future, is there one? We can barely communicate via cell from the US to Luxor, due to bad connections, I wrote 2 letters, no reply yet. What is going on here? Any similar experiences out there?
Posts: 11 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 4 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
younger than myself which to me is irrelevant since he didn;t notice, neither did I

They NEVER notice

They also had a felluca.

felluca crew - no no no

After a few days he professed he "loved me" Can he be sincere, knowing each other only a few days?

Negative.

but insisted he could not sleep for thinking of me,

I heard his snoring up here across the ocean

I am not a young girl, but attractive older woman,

No question

but still wonder if he could possibly be serious?

Sure. At least 7 times a week, with different objects of affection.

As far as a future, is there one?

Yes. Future is generally unavoidable

We can barely communicate via cell from the US to Luxor, due to bad connections

Good thing

I wrote 2 letters, no reply yet.

He busy being serious

What is going on here?

You know, really

Any similar experiences out there?

Too many, sad

Nefret, sorry for being blunt. Wish you bestest of luck!

Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nefret - you already know all the answers to your questions - you just don't want to believe them. Read the lines here and the chat up lines on some of the threads.

What is his name? Somebody is bound to know him.

Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ahmed2004
Member # 4528

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ahmed2004     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PLS NEFERT try to think about it clearly,why that man left all the young egyptian girls and looking after you,and as you mantioned you are the eldest!!!!!!!!!
ofcourse he couldnot sleep all of that night!!i do believe him!!!yes because he was dreaming of making plans HOW HIS LIFE WOULD BE CHANGED COMPLETELY WHEN HE GETS YOU[MARRIAGE]HOW HE WILL AVOID THE HEAT OF LUXOR AND SEETING,SLEEPING,BY ONE OF THE FLAT AIRCO AND JUST RELAX HOW HE WILL SUPORT HIS FAMILY WITHOUT ANY EFFORT HOW HE CAN SET BY THE HOTELS AND ORDER THE WAITERS TO BRING HIM COLD BEAR,[COZ NOW HE CANNOT GO INSIDE,BUT HE IS WAITING SOME GUEST TO COME AND ASKE HIM FOR DRIVE],OFCOURSE HE WOULD GAIN ALL OF THAT WITHOUT SPENDING ANY POUND BUT HE WILL USE YOUR LOVELY MONEY,,,,,,,,,,,
one of the danish ladys[from denmark]was married to adriver from luxor[he park infront of winter palac hotel]believe me she spend the whole of her money,and at the end when she got broken,he kiked her out and back again to his wife and cheldren!!!!!!!
though the wife was allowing them to use her bed room,but that happened during the wonerful period[when she has the money]
please please take care,,,if you would like to enjoy your time,?then do it,but with a big open eyes and mind,,,,,and it should be all far away from your heart,and keep saying IAM ENJOYING THE LIFE NOTHING MORE NOTHING LESS!!!
GOOD LUCK

Posts: 273 | From: egypt,aswan | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asiaq
Member # 4323

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for asiaq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[This message has been edited by asiaq (edited 01 August 2004).]

Posts: 363 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nefret, Ahmed is right. Please consider his point of view; he is a man after all (at least I think...LOL). Enjoy charming company if that is what your heart desires, but ignore the sweet talk and do not get emotionally AND financially involved. Also, considering Luxor's note from another thread, in the heat of passion (if that happens) always use protection. No man IN THE WHOLE WORLD is worth your life.

[This message has been edited by Karah_Mia (edited 30 July 2004).]

Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry, double post

[This message has been edited by Karah_Mia (edited 30 July 2004).]

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nefret, the Egyptian Male..if we could bottle it we could make millions. Or if any of us could get our hands on 'the book they are given at birth' we would all be a lot wiser. but would we take any notice?? Enjoy the ride so to speak, but DONT part with any money! he MIGHT be a good one, he MIGHT be sincere, he might NOT. he will tell you not all fingers on the hand are the same and as akshar pointed out to me (thanks akshar) they are similar!! You asking these questions because your inner voice is shouting somethings not right, listen or dont, its your life and you only get one go. Better to regret what you DID and not regret what you DIDNT do. Good Luck !!!
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
syaqirumair
Member # 4897

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for syaqirumair     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
u must beware of this guy.....maybe he wanna take opportinity from u...there is lot of egytion guy like him around of egypt
Posts: 7 | From: england | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ayisha is right about feeling regret for the things you did do rather than the things you did not do. I would do it all again.
Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
madmax
Member # 4910

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for madmax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe use your common sense !!!

Sorry, don't mean to be rude here... but you are asking a very simple question.

What would you do if a guy in America told you he can't sleep, thinking of you after you had just met him ?

I think you already know the answer to this one.

Posts: 69 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nefret-Iabet
Member # 4921

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nefret-Iabet   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
all true, yes, but I read on other posts about women meeting men in Egypt that have successful relationships so had to ask others!

quote:
Originally posted by madmax:
Maybe use your common sense !!!

Sorry, don't mean to be rude here... but you are asking a very simple question.

What would you do if a guy in America told you he can't sleep, thinking of you after you had just met him ?

I think you already know the answer to this one.

Posts: 11 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Nefret-Iabet:
[B]all true, yes, but I read on other posts about women meeting men in Egypt that have successful relationships so had to ask others!

Successful relationships exist and by all means we do not want to discourage you from romantic bliss of any sort. However, given the facts you have presented, the preliminary analysis/assessment ( ) of your case looks rather pessimistic. That's all. The call is all yours and consequences as well. Again, I sincerely wish you the best of luck.

ahmed2004
Member # 4528

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ahmed2004     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SUCCESSFUL RELATIONSHIPS should has a basics,!!
THE BASICS MEANS THE EQUALITY BETWEEN BOTH OF YOU,
BOTH OF YOU SHOULD HAS OPENED MINDED TO ACCEPT THE OTHER'S CULTURE,TRADITIONS,RELIGION,HIS OR HER DIFFERENT POINT OF FIEW!!!
ALL OF THAT COMES BY THE EDUCATION,TRAVELING,ABOVE ALL OF THAT,THE PERSON ALREADY TOLERANT,AND EASY,!!
IAM SORRY YOUR GUY IS FAR AWAY FROM ALL OF THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 273 | From: egypt,aswan | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ahmed2004
Member # 4528

Rate Member
IAM SORRY IAM NOT AGAINST ANY ONE IN MY COUNTRY,BUT IAM WORKING SINCE ALONG TIME AGO,WITH TOURISTS,AND I CAN SEE HOW THIS KIND OF PEOPLE THINK OF THE FOREIGNER LADYS!!!
OK LETS TELL YOU NEW STORY[ITS TYPICAL THE SAME]
A GUY HIS NAME IS ADEL,,WORKING AS WAITER[BAR MAN]BY THE CRUISE BOAT [SHERY BOAT][BETWEEN LUXOR AND ASWAN]HE IS 27 YEARS OLD,,
HAD MET DUTCH LADY,SHE IS AROUND 45 YEARS OLD,SHE CAME AND VISITED HIM TWO TIMES,THEY STAYED AT EL GONA,IN HURGADA,AND MERIDIAN IN LUXOR[OFCOURSE ALL OF THAT USING HER MONEY]
AND LAST MONTH THEY DECIDED TO MARRY!!
I HAVE MET THE BOY AND CLEARLY ASKED HIM,ADEL DO YOU LOVE HER??????????
BELIEVE ME,HE WAS SURPRISED AND SAID,,,,LOVE?????????AND START LAUGHING AT ME!!!!!!!!!
HE SAID AHMED ITS BENEFIT!!!!!!!!!
SHE GAVE ME AROUND 30000 LE TILL NOW,TO SUPPORT MY FAMILY,AND BUY CLOTHS AND SO ON,AND SHE GAVE ME A LAPTOP[THOUGH HE DOESNOT KNOW HOW TO USE IT!IT WAS HER EX HUSBAND COMPUTER]SAID ALSO,IAM NOW GOING TO NEITHERLAND,AFTER THREE YEARS,I'LL GET THE GREEN CARD SO I CAN MOVE EVERY WHERE IN EUROPE,OFCOURSE THE FIRST THING I'LL DO WHEN I GET THE GREEN CARD,I WILL KIK THIS WOMEN AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HE SAID LISTEN AHMED;EACH ONE OF US KNOWS WHAT HE,OR SHE NEEDS FROM THE OTHER SIDE!!!
OK HOW DO YOU THINK OF THIS GUYS????????
DO YOU THINK THIS WOMEN IS CHEATING THAT BOY OR HE CHEATING HER?IAM ALWAYS ASKING WHO CHEATING WHOM?AHMED

Dirk
Member # 4259

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dirk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know, if you leave on a holliday, you only take with you what is most needed. But your common sence was not left at home I hope?

Would you ask the same questions if it was someone you met at home?

(no offence, it's just a way of putting it, but with respect)

Posts: 71 | From: Belgium | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Ahmed is right. As the Tourist Police say - "a hundred files - same case different names."

"(younger than myself which to me is irrelevant since he didn;t notice, neither did I)" quote.

Of course it matters. Older women just want to believe that it does not. It's Luxor syndrome. The brains fall out of the bum as the plane lands.

The same questions will be asked over and over again until the required answer is found. The required answer is "Yes it will work" when all the time the brain is telling you that it will not. No other answer will be acceptable.

Natashiah
Member # 4566

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Natashiah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ahmed2004:
ofcourse he couldnot sleep all of that night!!i do believe him!!!yes because he was dreaming of making plans HOW HIS LIFE WOULD BE CHANGED COMPLETELY WHEN HE GETS YOU[MARRIAGE]HOW HE WILL AVOID THE HEAT OF LUXOR AND SEETING,SLEEPING,BY ONE OF THE FLAT AIRCO AND JUST RELAX HOW HE WILL SUPORT HIS FAMILY WITHOUT ANY EFFORT HOW HE CAN SET BY THE HOTELS AND ORDER THE WAITERS TO BRING HIM COLD BEAR,[COZ NOW HE CANNOT GO INSIDE,BUT HE IS WAITING SOME GUEST TO COME AND ASKE HIM FOR DRIVE],OFCOURSE HE WOULD GAIN ALL OF THAT WITHOUT SPENDING ANY POUND BUT HE WILL USE YOUR LOVELY MONEY,,,,,,,,,,,

Ya Ahmed basha...please please please...not all Luxor men are like that ...I had more problems in Cairo...and I wore my higab..not even that stopped them...but in Luxor it was different..they were very respectable...but I guess they were too scared because of the many "body gaurds"..with compliments of Masri Tyran.

Posts: 723 | From: South Africa | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Manoesh
Member # 4770

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Manoesh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
IAM SORRY IAM NOT AGAINST ANY ONE IN MY COUNTRY,BUT IAM WORKING SINCE ALONG TIME AGO,WITH TOURISTS,AND I CAN SEE HOW THIS KIND OF PEOPLE THINK OF THE FOREIGNER LADYS!!!

If your in the tourist industry....do you perhaps know a Wael Mohammed who is a tourist guide in Luxor...he is married to an old english prune.. ...I still couldnt believe my eyes...a very young man in his twenties...and handsome as well...married to wrnkled prune...I still shiver at the thought of bedding a piece of old shoe leather like that

Posts: 66 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Manoesh
Member # 4770

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Manoesh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
PLS NEFERT try to think about it clearly,why that man left all the young egyptian girls and looking after you,and as you mantioned you are the eldest!!!!!!!!!
one of the danish ladys[from denmark]was married to adriver from luxor[he park infront of winter palac hotel]believe me she spend the whole of her money,and at the end when she got broken,he kiked her out and back again to his wife and cheldren!!!!!!!
though the wife was allowing them to use her bed room,but that happened during the wonerful period[when she has the money]
please please take care,,,if you would like to enjoy your time,?then do it,but with a big open eyes and mind,,,,,and it should be all far away from your heart,and keep saying IAM ENJOYING THE LIFE NOTHING MORE NOTHING LESS!!!
GOOD LUCK

...very funnyn story!

Posts: 66 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
But unfortunately a very true one.
alresalat
Member # 4960

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alresalat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
forget him ther are alot o handsom men in luxor just com here & u will sind anice friend's

Posts: 13 | From: luxor | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GrumpyGherkin
Member # 4970

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for GrumpyGherkin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another one bites the dust.

quote:
Originally posted by Nefret-Iabet:
Feedback appreciated. While in Luxor recently after working in upper Egypt, I stayed & met a very nice man, nice smile, (younger than myself which to me is irrelevant since he didn;t notice, neither did I), who was a taxi driver

A younger upper Egyptian taxi driver finds a dinosaur with foreign dollars scenario. The huge gaping age difference was irrelevant because he didn't notice - sorry honey, but believe me, he did notice that you are old enough to be his mom/granny, that is why his interests were sparked by you in the first place. KACHING $$$$$$$$

Where would the giggolos and scam artists of Egypt be today without these marauding, moldering old bats to supply the bling bling ?

As for the dynamic duo of crackity Jak and Wael, I have to ask the question; how could anything remotely human find either of these specimens handsome or attractive ? Shudder right down to my tippy toes even thinking about it. I understand about beauty being in the eye of the beholder, but come on gals, which doctor are you going to for your eye transplants cause he sure is giving you some whacky eyes ?

Posts: 84 | From: Gherkin Land | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahmed,where are you from,akee? Are you Egyptian? Which part of Egypt you from?
Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Grumpygherkin - Another Brit? I cannot entirely agree with you on the glasses bit because there are some very beautiful Egyptians in Luxor, but I do agreed with you on the rest of it.

Ausar, Ahmed says he is not from Luxor but I think he is a she knows the west bank and the people there very well.

[This message has been edited by Luxorlover (edited 03 August 2004).]

Shareen
Member # 989

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shareen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LL....
GG is not a Brit, too many Yank spellings in there

Posts: 1196 | From: www.spiritofthenile.com | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
I am getting unobservent in my old age You are right, definitely American. It was the gherkin bit that fooled me. Do they call pickled cucumbers gherkins in America?
Carleen
Member # 4311

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carleen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Luxorlover:
I am getting unobservent in my old age You are right, definitely American. It was the gherkin bit that fooled me. Do they call pickled cucumbers gherkins in America?

I love gherkins!! Actually, pickled cucumbers are just "pickles", but gherkins are a really small, crunchy pickle with a little different kind of taste. Yumm!!

Posts: 310 | From: Maryland, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carleen
Member # 4311

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carleen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shareen:
LL....
GG is not a Brit, too many Yank spellings in there

Heeeey... We're not all "Yanks"!

Posts: 310 | From: Maryland, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ahmed2004
Member # 4528

Rate Member
ausar iam A NUBIAN GUY[LIVING BETWEEN ASWAN AND CAIRO]AS YOU SEE IAM LIVING IN EGYPT,
AND I LOVE MY COUNTRY,MY BIG EGYPTIAN COMMUNITY,MY NUBIAN ROOT,BUT OFCOURSE I CAN SEE THE SITUATION FROM BOTH SIDES,I HAVE BEEN IN EUROPE MANY TIMES[HONESTLY I TRIED TO LIVE THERE,AND AFTER I GOT MY RESIDENCE OR WHAT YOU CALL GREEN CARD,,I COULD NOT STAY THERE,BECAUSE SIMPLY I LOVE MY LIFE IN EGYPT]
BUT I REALY UNDERSTAND THE EUROPEANS CULTURE,AND MINTALITY,
THANK YOU

ahmed2004
Member # 4528

Rate Member
NATASHIAH ofcourse not the whole of luxor men are bad ,iam not generalizing,any more,and i do have alot of my freinds from luxor,and some of them are married to a foreigner ladys,honestly they respect them and have great relationship with them,,
I CAN REMEMBER AHMED ABD EL RADY[ABU KAREEM]
HE IS MARRIED TO A GERMAN LADY[SHE IS LIVING IN GERMANY]BUT HE IS A VERY DECENT AND GENTELMAN,AND HE HAS HIS OWN BUSINES[ANUBISE RESTURANT,AND THE CAFATERIA AT PHELEA TEMPLE
WISH YOU LUCK

Shareen
Member # 989

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shareen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Carleen:
Heeeey... We're not all "Yanks"!

Sorry chuck!! No offence meant! Lol, guess that means you are a southern gal!

Posts: 1196 | From: www.spiritofthenile.com | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carleen
Member # 4311

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Shareen:
Sorry chuck!! No offence meant! Lol, guess that means you are a southern gal!

Eh, almost. Midway, actually. But I do live in a former slave state, so I guess that makes me pretty southern!

Carleen
Member # 4311

Rate Member
quote:
ausar iam A NUBIAN GUY[LIVING BETWEEN ASWAN AND CAIRO]AS YOU SEE IAM LIVING IN EGYPT,
AND I LOVE MY COUNTRY,MY BIG EGYPTIAN COMMUNITY,MY NUBIAN ROOT,BUT OFCOURSE I CAN SEE THE SITUATION FROM BOTH SIDES,I HAVE BEEN IN EUROPE MANY TIMES[HONESTLY I TRIED TO LIVE THERE,AND AFTER I GOT MY RESIDENCE OR WHAT YOU CALL GREEN CARD,,I COULD NOT STAY THERE,BECAUSE SIMPLY I LOVE MY LIFE IN EGYPT]
THANK YOU

Oooh, you're Nubian?? When I visited Egypt I told everyone I was. They'd say "Really??" And I'd say, "I don't know. Maybe! "

All the Nubians I met were really, really cool. There was this one guy who owns/leases the cafe next to the Cairo Museum. He even travels to the US to teach seminars in African-American studes. Great guy!

Natashiah
Member # 4566

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Natashiah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I CAN REMEMBER AHMED ABD EL RADY[ABU KAREEM]
HE IS MARRIED TO A GERMAN LADY[SHE IS LIVING IN GERMANY]BUT HE IS A VERY DECENT AND GENTELMAN,AND HE HAS HIS OWN BUSINES[ANUBISE RESTURANT,AND THE CAFATERIA AT PHELEA TEMPLE
WISH YOU LUCK

...I ate at Anibus restaurant when I was in Luxor...that is if it was the one docked on the Nile???Its kind of like a boat...Im sorry i cant remember so well...All I know is that I had to take a few stairs down and there was a boufet served....verrrrrry nice food ...very very nice food!...i cant wait to go and eat there again

Posts: 723 | From: South Africa | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Natashiah
Member # 4566

Rate Member
quote:

THANK YOU

That I can understand...its almost like me...i live in South Africa and it s part of the west...but i understand the Egyptian mentality and culture...honestly I am much more at home in Egypt than in SA...if Im here for more then 6 months I start to get homesick...homesick for Egypt...but i can stay away from SA for years and i wont miss it...sometimes I wonder if the pharoas didnt put a spell on me with my first visit :

ahmed2004
Member # 4528

Rate Member
natashiah they did make a spell in you!!so you became in love with our country,,
you are welcome my sister,
and next time when you are in egypt you are invited to eat in anubis resturant,it has a good food!!!ahmed

bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back to the original point, Nefret!! Take a tip from us 'wrinkled old nthat have been there, done that, (OR HAVE BEEN DONE!)got the t-shirt and threw it out!!
Dont even go there.... keep any money you might have!!!

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EgyptianGuy
Member # 4360

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for EgyptianGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nefret.....This cab driver dude is sincere and honest....In fact, he is a model of inegrity and morality.....
Congatulations...u have found true love...u r so lucky! The felluca is waiting 4 u
Now start sending him money soon...his love will grow as his bank account grows..
There have never been any similar cases: U r the first western woman to be chased by an egyptian man..especially a man in the tourism business..

Posts: 55 | From: Cairo,Egypt | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ingrid
Member # 4230

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ingrid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Ahmed
I would like to send you e-mail can you give me your e-mail address?

Posts: 14 | From: Netherlands | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol_2004
Member # 5088

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol_2004     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpyGherkin:
Another one bites the dust.

A younger upper Egyptian taxi driver finds a dinosaur with foreign dollars scenario. The huge gaping age difference was irrelevant because he didn't notice - sorry honey, but believe me, he did notice that you are old enough to be his mom/granny, that is why his interests were sparked by you in the first place. KACHING $$$$$$$$

Where would the giggolos and scam artists of Egypt be today without these marauding, moldering old bats to supply the bling bling ?

As for the dynamic duo of crackity Jak and Wael, I have to ask the question; how could anything remotely human find either of these specimens handsome or attractive ? Shudder right down to my tippy toes even thinking about it. I understand about beauty being in the eye of the beholder, but come on gals, which doctor are you going to for your eye transplants cause he sure is giving you some whacky eyes ?

I actually think that Jak and Wael are OK lads! Neither can use the internet so do you not think it is unfair that you are speaking badly about people when they cannot defend themselves. Yes, they do bad things but sometimes people get into things they can't get themselves out of and I thikn that this is what has happened with these two.

Posts: 156 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol_2004
Member # 5088

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol_2004     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh and Ahmed you don't happen to be a DJ in Luxor do you?
Posts: 156 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol_2004
Member # 5088

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Manoesh:
If your in the tourist industry....do you perhaps know a Wael Mohammed who is a tourist guide in Luxor...he is married to an old english prune.. ...I still couldnt believe my eyes...a very young man in his twenties...and handsome as well...married to wrnkled prune...I still shiver at the thought of bedding a piece of old shoe leather like that

Sounds like you have a bit of a 'thing' for Wael!
I wasn't aware he was 'married' to a wrinkled old prune. I thought he was married to a young girl from Manchester and had a baby

[This message has been edited by Carol_2004 (edited 31 August 2004).]

Natashiah
Member # 4566

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Carol_2004:

Sound like you have a bit of a 'thing' for Wael!

Um Um...I saw Wael too...I actually had lunch with him and his wife at Anibus...apparently he is the first tour guide in Luxor...well that is what he claimed...He bragged about how he and his wife built flats in Luxor... ...I couldnt help but laugh!..what else was I supposed to do...Cry?...a blind man could see the age gap...she definatelly did not age gracefully!..but who cares....at least..Stella got her groove back!
No Manchester there honey...at the time when I was there his wifes's mother was there for a visit...we both stayed at the same hotel Le Meridian.If he is married to another one...he is definatelly doing a good job pretending or I am deaf,blind and stupid!By the way that was in january....unless he made other plans in the meanwhile! ...by the way madam Prune is British!

[This message has been edited by Natashiah (edited 31 August 2004).]

Carol_2004
Member # 5088

Rate Member
OK these are going to need to be edited! lol
I think we are talking about 2 different people. he has a skin head

Natashiah
Member # 4566

Rate Member
Probably yes....the one Im talking about is tall,handsome,pitch black hair,lovelly browned skin,beautiful smile...and wears glasses!...He is handsome but when you see the wife...its a complete put off

Carol_2004
Member # 5088

Rate Member
I think its a different person to the one the others and myself are talking about nat.
Shareen
Member # 989

Member Rated:
Lol, so how many Jak and Wael's are there? I know a couple myself!
But you are right, it isnt good to discuss people and name them, its too personal and they cant respond for themselves. And cases of mistaken identity are inescapable, we see a prime example here. So maybe the wrong Jak and Wael get hammered for something they didnt do. Not fair!

Carol_2004
Member # 5088

Rate Member
My point exactly! And the two of I know don't even use the internet bless 'em lol
Carol_2004
Member # 5088

Rate Member
But out of interest what is the general consenous on these 2? lol
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com