EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » What is sin?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What is sin?
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First off:

What is sin?

Is there a God/Allah in your life?

Is there mundane consequences for sin or do you only risk Paradise? Does Paradise matter to you?

Do you believe that sin isn't a sin if no one objects or catches you at it?

Do you believe that God/Allah is all knowing and all seeing?

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many questions. I would be interested in some of your answers to them. How can treating people so badly equate with a love of Allah?
Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darkeyes
Member # 6058

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Darkeyes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Luxorlover:
Many questions. I would be interested in some of your answers to them. How can treating people so badly equate with a love of Allah?

Amen

Posts: 212 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
' Sharon Stone '
Member # 5169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ' Sharon Stone '     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
# What is sin?
A sin is a "negative" act that causes pain and suffering in any form and matter. There is no specific definition except maybe to say that sin is a violation of God's rules (religiously speaking)

# Is there a God/Allah in your life?
Yes, of course. I believe that life without God would be meaningless. People who have "spiritual" connection with Creator, in my opinion, went through many stages of spirituality to reach that level of "connection". once they have it, they want to cherish it - so they maintain that "connection" because they feel "connected" to a Supreme, Love... etc and that's very special.

People with great "connection" are helped, guided and protected by Him. When God is present in your life you are not alone.

# Is there mundane consequences for sin or do you only risk Paradise?
I think there are consequences for everything we do here in this Life. We are responsibile for our actions. Paradise is another World, that in my opinion is open only to those who are succesful in having a great "relationship" with God.

# Does Paradise matter to you?
Paradise to me is another World where everything exists under different order. Paradise is a "Real" Life and this one on Earth is just a "journey". I don't do good things to earn Paradise, but to maintain and cultivate a great connection with God.

Do you believe that sin isn't a sin if no one objects or catches you at it?
# No. You can make a sin without people's objection. It's between you and God and God knows all anyway so you can't hide.

# Do you believe that God/Allah is all knowing and all seeing?
I do. I believe that you can't run away from God because he knows your nature, the Essence of you, your psirit, your heart, true you... This also means that no matter what you do, God knows who you are, you can't fool Him in any way although you can fool people but that always comes back 10 fold anyway.

Posts: 989 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Such a good answer. When I get upset because somebody does something bad in my life and I cannot understand why or how they can do that, my husband often says to me...we are not living in paradise yet....things will be different then.
Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptguy
Member # 6485

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptguy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does Paradise matter to you?

PARADISE WILL BE A BIG BAR WITH DRINKS AT 2 CENTS EACH. NO CLOSING HOURS. NO HANGOVERS.
u just wait and see

Posts: 38 | From: nyc | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sin is when we do something and our inner buzzer says: and what the **** have you done you moron?

Despite my regular idiot form the above statement contains the real truth.

Paradise is different for EACH ONE OF US. Can you believe it?

Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com