EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » What about a fling??????

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What about a fling??????
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, no, no please don't get a wrong idea because of how I named this topic. This is NOT meant to be an offer.

Well, I am asking in general about interpersonal relations. You know two people are married to each other or in a stable relationship and one day one of them starts a sexual relationship, long or short term, outside of their union. Some people have sexual encounters even with more partners.

Who is to blame? Does this mean the relationship is weak? Is there a future for both of them? What about keeping it as a secret because the partner would be hurt? So does it mean the cheating partner still loves the other? And why people are cheating?

And who is easier to "go astray" in general - men or women?

I would like to know your opinions about this subject. It happens quite often everywhere in this world.

[This message has been edited by Tigerlily (edited 10 February 2005).]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awwwwwww...........I thought it was an offer!!!!!
Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cairoexpat
Member # 1023

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for cairoexpat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
New research reveals a surprising risk factor for extinction: monogamy. Large mammals that live in pairs or have small harems are far more likely to die out than those with big harems.

"In avoiding extinction, it pays to be promiscuous," says Justin Brashares of the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, who presents this work in the June issue of Conservation Biology. "This study is the first to show a strong link between social behavior and risk of extinction in mammals."

Personally I think it’s natural to have more then one partner, after all we are mammals and mammals are not monogamous by nature.

Posts: 133 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and there is a reason why God made man separate from the animal race.

REASON.

Besides Dolphins, loons and other creatures mate monogamously for life. Loons have been around far longer than other birds.

I can't understand why people are always looking for ways to justify bad behavior.

"God made us capable of sin so were not responsible for our actions."

You choose to behave the way you do, its not dictated by biologiy. If that was the case mankind would not blame a person for murder because the suspect is not biologically capable of being good, inherently evil is the term that describes it.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pritipersoon55
Member # 6564

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pritipersoon55     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sonomod:
and there is a reason why God made man separate from the animal race.

REASON.

:)) Oh sonomod, no great harm to yourself probably if you believe these things here, but pliiiiz do not multiplicate them in web, others might believe and it is irresponsible!

Reason is nothing specifically human, otherwise the best new human would be your brand new iMac. Reason is just a mechanism for recording and reproduction. The more important thing is that it is fed information by senses and nerve endings. This makes us a little bit more human than machines (though not much above the rest of animals).

Now, if we have a species here stubbornly trying to ignore the up-to-date direct signals she thus receives, e.g. the very intense signals of physical pleasure, the resulting condition of one's complexion and hair... and trying to re-explain them according to an old-old file that has not been compared to the real, changing environment and not been refreshed for ages already... how does this species serve the evolution and development of the mankind then? To me this species looks a dead end for Man.

Indeed we all may choose the way we behave but if we try ignore biology, watch out, there will be a backlash somewhere along the line. nature simply will not allow Man arrogantly think he himself is wiser.

Thank you and have a nice evening everybody! :)

Posts: 90 | From: www.visitestonia.com | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MENTAL PROBLEM
Member # 6608

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MENTAL PROBLEM   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cairoexpat:
New research reveals a surprising risk factor for extinction: monogamy. Large mammals that live in pairs or have small harems are far more likely to die out than those with big harems.

"In avoiding extinction, it pays to be promiscuous," says Justin Brashares of the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, who presents this work in the June issue of Conservation Biology. "This study is the first to show a strong link between social behavior and risk of extinction in mammals."

Personally I think it’s natural to have more then one partner, after all we are mammals and mammals are not monogamous by nature.

CairoExpat, i am sure u agree the human race is not facing extinction. Especially the exploding egyptian population!!
but, of course u r right: mongoamy is a tough deal. Biologically unnatural. It is just respected socially. we made it that way.

Pretperson, I would like to AGREE with u, but your elaborate sophisticated use of language makes it hard to understand.
could u repeat what u wrote in simple english for the retards among us??

Posts: 22 | From: London | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CanadianPoetess
Member # 6604

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CanadianPoetess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If we were strictly speaking biology then yes, i would say that monogamy is implausible for human beings (as is the case with numerous other mammals) given that the drive is to spread DNA and have it, therefore progeny, survive in perpetuity.

But we were created also with the consciousness that allows us, even demands of us a higher consciousness, albeit most of the planet does or cannot or will not tap into that which is spirit/soul.

To me, the question becomes what are we here for? Ultimately? Are we here to satisfy our physical selves? Or are we here because our creator (Allah/God/etc) made us in his image and wants us to seek joy that gives him pleasure? Is having multiple physical intimate encounters something that is joyful to the Creator? I don't know. I am not the Creator. From everything I have ever read in the Qu'ran and the Bible I see that being not the case. But I'm human. What do I know. Ultimately.

with best intentions/regards,

B

Posts: 24 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pollina
Member # 6404

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pollina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everything in life just has the meaning that you give to it. So, when your partner has sex with somebody else it's up to you what you make out of it. Give it a big meaning and you will be sad. Take it as something that happened for some reason and you will be not that much devastated. You have to decide what you want from your partner, you are the only one that can make you happy, don't expect it from others. They are not on earth to make you happy.
Posts: 182 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cairoexpat
Member # 1023

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for cairoexpat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sonomod,if I was to convert and embrace Islam then would it be OK with you if I had multiple partners, as in four? Or is this ritual reserved for those born into Islam only?
Posts: 133 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Sonomod,if I was to convert and embrace Islam then would it be OK with you if I had multiple partners, as in four? Or is this ritual reserved for those born into Islam only?

Actually there are strict guidelines for polygamy within Islam. But the people who practice polygamy don't care what those are.

I don't believe in infidelity and I don't believe in polygamy.

I am not a nihilist. I actually do care whether or not I go to heaven.

And I don't care what you do. But please do keep some of your biologically enforced behavior for your own country. Egypt seems to be a dumping ground for what's left of a person's biologically inspired activities.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cairoexpat
Member # 1023

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for cairoexpat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sonomod, it was a simple yes or no question, either I can have four or I can’t. Just like the one I asked about Ethiopia, all you had to do was provide the date, and where this elite Egyptian Air Force is that has the capability to fly all those miles too bomb them into submission so you can steal their water. Kind’ a sounds likes Israel and the Golan Heights.
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
Sonomod, it was a simple yes or no question, either I can have four or I can’t. Just like the one I asked about Ethiopia, all you had to do was provide the date, and where this elite Egyptian Air Force is that has the capability to fly all those miles too bomb them into submission so you can steal their water. Kind’ a sounds likes Israel and the Golan Heights.

You asked a question that can be answered in so many ways.

I believe from what I have read that polygamy is only okay if: Your wife is barren, your wife is incapable of intercourse, during war time and many men are dead, widows are married to men with present marriages so they can be taken care of emotionally and financially.

The first two I really don't agree with. There are other ways around this situation besides finding a second wife. Plus looking for another wife is considered infidelity. Definately then you should be meeting with her family first and they will spring the marriage proposal on her. Otherwise it is screwing around. So in general unless it is during the time of war I don't understand how polygamy can be justifiable.

And about the Ethiopian dam what was bombed out in the 1960's I can't find anything with a hyperlink to, but I have been told by Ethiopian classmates and my husband that it did happen. Alot of military manuevers are not openly recorded in history books.

And as of last October I have a new sister-in-law. Her eldest brother is a captain in the Air Force. And yes this seems to be the only part of the Egyptian Military that is modernized. He even had some training in the USA.

And if an American Air Force pilot is able to fly from Utah to Afhganistan or Iraq without stopping along the way to bomb some unfortunate civilians then yes, several hundred miles by planes and pilots of equal training and technicaloglical sophistication it is possible. Do you question the integrity of Egyptian military forces? Do you believe that Egyptians don't have the right to protect water flow that has existed for thousands of years? Is it that you don't mind a practical genocide due to the fact of severage of water, just to promote a zionist's goal of dominance?

And what do you mean about this Israel and Golan Heights thing? My grade school classmate and neighbor's parents were from Golan heights. Israel broke every conceivable treaty and international law to grab Golan Heights. Right now Kenyans, and Ethiopians alike are breaking 6 different treaties and international water right laws in order to do this. Mind you if you read the articles from the hyperlinks you will see that both countries are getting help from Israeli Hydrologists. If these Israeli hydrologist are using monetary aid from Israel, maybe then we would have a excellent arguement over decimating USA funds to Israel. That would make me hapyy.

But whose side are you on? Israel or Egypt?

sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Oh and by the way do you think that every act of genocide is openly recorded and will be cateloged for history to record of the apartheid/genocide in Palestine? No. Do you think all of what's happening in Sudan is going to be accurately recorded like a FBI interview? No.

Besides why would Ethiopians even admit to having a dam since it was against UN water treaties. The only reason why my fellow classmates will admit to this is because some of their parents spent part of their childhood in Cairo and understand how important the flow of the Nile is. And the stoppage of the flow would kill. They love Ethiopia, and respect Cairo. But during the 1960's the Ethiopian civil war was taking root. It has been in play for over 30 years now. Mind you all of my Ethiopian classmates are Christian. They know their history and have learned from it. They have helped me work out alot of my discomforts with Islam and African/Arab culture or societal habits. Truely the children of a civil war based almost entirely on religion can see the forest from the trees. I am truly blessed to know them and to share the curry with wet pancakes!

Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From fling to genocide: brilliant!!! ... and frankly, what does it have to do with the price of chicken anyway.
Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
didi_elsayed
Member # 4763

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for didi_elsayed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Posts: 1134 | From: NoNe oF uR BuSiNeS | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cairoexpat
Member # 1023

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for cairoexpat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I’ll take your first response as a yes, I can have four partners.

As to your second response, I don’t see how you can say Ethiopia doesn’t have a right to develop their country using “their” natural resources in order to improve the quality of life for their people. Sonomod, no one abides by the UN rules, including Egypt and every nation on this planet has broken a treaty when it no longer served their interest.

And no I’m not questioning the integrity of the Egyptian Military force. I’m stating that you are missed informed about their capability to project their forces beyond the sovereign boarders of Egypt. They simply do not have the capability, they lake the training, experience, equipment, and support structure to do what you stated. This is not to say that Egypt does not have a fairly good defensive military force, they do. But remember it’s a static one.

And that American pilot did not fly all the way to Afghanistan and Iraq on his own, at least not in an F-16. He had help, lots of help the type of help that Egypt could ask for but would never receive, and why is this? Because of the treaties Egypt has signed with the western and European countries. Course they could break a few dozen treaties, and try it on their own, but as you said Egypt has never started a war, they just end them! Or as you would say only Ethiopia and Israel break treaties not Egypt.

As fare as my reference to Israel and the Golan Heights, It just reminded me of what you said Egypt would do to Ethiopia if it decided to use its water for it’s own people instead of giving it away to Egypt. Egypt would go take it by force! Course a simple solution would be for Egypt to pay a monthly fee. Hell’ that sounds fair to me, what do you think Sonomod? Then Ethiopia could take the money they earn from Egypt and build nuclear power plants instead of hydroelectric ones.

And as fare as whose side I’m on’ it depends on the subject.

Sonomod, Egypt is not the only country in Africa and the Middle East that depends on or have there eye on the waters of the White and Blue Nile and those countries could really care less about Egypt and the thousand years of treaties. You’re forgetting one small issue and that’s Egypt, is not the only country in Africa whose population is growing at an alarming rate and it’s not Africa’s problem that Egypt can’t adequately feed, clothe and shelter its entire population. Most African countries have the same problem. So basically the treaty you’re talking about is not worth the paper it’s written on. Times are changing…

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

And I thought I posted a simple question...... please people get back to the subject.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People cheat because:

- from the beginning the marriage was an economical investment without too many emotions

- one person loves less and gets bored

- there are problems between the partners that result in drifting apart or even being angry to the point of wanting to hurt the other on purpose

- one is a dog (multiple sex partners loving spouses are in 90% INCURABLE, unless they really want it themselves, which is the remaining 10%)

- one of the partners is not sexually satisfied and can't/doesn't know how/does not want to work on this with the other

- one is not attracted to the other from the very beginning (waiting for it to change) or becomes 'disattracted' as the partner gains weight, gets wrinkled, grows claws and scaly tail, starts to sleep hanging head down in the closet, etc.

I think both sexes are similar in percentage of cheating statistics. However, men have a tendency to get bored quicker while women are 'maternally programmed' to keep the relationship at least as long as the kids grow up.

Ps. Fling anyone (as a highly scientific endeavor, of course!)???

Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alana
Member # 6453

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Karah,
Lets not forget sometimes "it's just in the blood"!
As they say one woman or one man is not enough, almost like an addiction. Others just don't care, it's like college boys that never grow up, "I got laid last night", like a competition, plus gratification to say I had "this many" or whatever. Macho men that never grow up, but really are little boys.

Posts: 273 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Alana:
Karah,
Lets not forget sometimes "it's just in the blood"!
As they say one woman or one man is not enough, almost like an addiction. Others just don't care, it's like college boys that never grow up, "I got laid last night", like a competition, plus gratification to say I had "this many" or whatever. Macho men that never grow up, but really are little boys.

Your point is covered under the 'dog' section of my dissertation.

Very true that some people never grow up and learn to be responsible, met both sexes of that sort but have to admit that the male division is predominant.

Alana
Member # 6453

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Karah,

What can I say? It's true the men do out number.They say we women pick on them!
Ok, had to reread the "dog section"
Just makes a person want to growl.

Posts: 273 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com