EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » i want my husband with me

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: i want my husband with me
Anny
Member # 9495

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi,i'm very happy that i found this site because i seem to be facing some probleming,and i want to know what to do especially because i know that some of you has the same experience,well,i'm married to an egyptian wonderful guy,and i love him and he loves me so much,and i can stand being far from him so long,so after marriage he tried to get a tourist visa to visit me in the states and maybe we can do the immigration papers for him while he is here,so they refused to give me the visa saying to him that he has to do the immigration visa not the tourist one,and when he asked he knew that i've to be with him in egypt for the interview,is that true?and can't i just do it while i'm here in the states because i can't take more days off from my work or else i'll lose it,i dont know what to do,i'm kinda depressed,can't anyone tell me if what i'm thinking about is possible or not!
Posts: 2 | From: U.S.A | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann
Member # 106

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where did the marriage take place & is it a legal marriage? Check out this link:
http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_1315.html

Posts: 316 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First off don't fall in love with a guy who can't get a visa let alone permenant residency or citizenship on his own.

If the government doesn't want him here why should you?

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No you don't have to be with him to make the application. But do be aware it can take years.

--------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gemini_Beth
Member # 8410

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gemini_Beth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anny,
Please dont listen to sonomod its clear she has issues . I went through this with my first marriage and i am now doing it again . You must go to your nearest immigration office or down load the forms online at www.uscis.gov . You need the I-130 form to petition on behalf of your husband . Cost's about 200$ and it's really not hard to do . Good luck .

B

Posts: 46 | From: New York , USA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gemini_Beth:
Anny,
Please dont listen to sonomod its clear she has issues . I went through this with my first marriage and i am now doing it again . You must go to your nearest immigration office or down load the forms online at www.uscis.gov . You need the I-130 form to petition on behalf of your husband . Cost's about 200$ and it's really not hard to do . Good luck .

B

Yeah I may have issues but at least my husband had a visa and privilage to permenant residency and didn't need to get married to me to stay in the USA.

You obviously don't mind trading your dignity for a bit of dick.

You are the one with issues.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
didi_elsayed
Member # 4763

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for didi_elsayed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yallaaaa Sono,dont be so harsh sweetheart! [Smile]
I cant give advice about how to passthe migration period ,coz im not american,but they are not all in love with "Visas" sono!!!
I feel really sick when i read for all these shits for the visa hunters maniacs!Anyway the big deal-America,come on...what will happen if he really loves her,and by their luck shes american?
Its absolutely boaring that mania,and so whats the big deal if the guy go to the sooo famous America,what?He will steal the country,or what?
Sometimes i think that these guys wanna go there with right,they just try to make their life better!And not all men r looking for the visas,its so rediculous to put all of them under the same sign!
To be honest,if i could help someone to come in my country and i know its for good,i would make it with pleasure,matter of luck and chance to be born in some country,this doesnt mean its a big deal! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
"If you judge people, you have no time to love them"

Posts: 1134 | From: NoNe oF uR BuSiNeS | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lisann
Member # 9539

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lisann     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you only need to be there for the interveiw with him if you apply in the egyption embassy which i hear is the best way to do it but you can apply at your local office but that will take alotlonger the whole process is long and expensive either way you go
thank goodness i finally finished with that but just be ready for anything ....good luck and happy marraige

Posts: 16 | From: egypt | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zenah
Member # 9551

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for zenah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi "ladies" and gentlemen,

As I posted earlier. The process for the permanent residency is not long and not hard just a bit expensive. Don't hire a lawyer, just go to an immigration guidance center. Look in your yellow pages.

Also, you CAN and have a right to apply for a K-3 visa which was created specifically for the married couple to be together sooner. I did it, cost me 165.00USD extra, but it didn't help us at all. As a matter of fact, botht the permanent visa and K-3 visa are just 2 weeks apart.

Now if you do the I-130 Petition for your husband and you do the process. You have to know that if you bring him here with a K-3 first, then when he is here you will receive notice he is to either go back to egypt for his permanent visa interview or start the process all over here and you have to pay all the fees again. The fees are never refunded under any circumstances even if they made mistakes.

First step, get the I-130 going right away. It's not a hard form. Try not to leave any blank spaces. Mark them N/A or None if there is no answer. They will return it for these reasons sometimes. They are stupid if you ask me.

Anyway, as soon as you get the receipt from CIS you apply for the I-129F and that's the K-3 visa and it comes with a work permit. So you have options. You just need some money.

You might have to go to the interview, it's a possibility. I might have to go, but chances are you won't. Insha'Allah.

Good luck and keep your head up... This is your love you are striving for. [Smile]

Zenah

Posts: 7 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anny
Member # 9495

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just like to say thank you all so very much for the help you have given me . Even for the negative post.you all are so kind . I plan to start the process ASAP. Thank you again you have helped me alot.

Zenah could we please exchange emails i've a few questions to ask you. supera_karma@yahoo.com . Thank you.

Posts: 2 | From: U.S.A | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com