EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » unusual jobs

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: unusual jobs
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what would you like to do if you could? im not talking about your real career ambitions, just silly things...

id like to play with wickle puppieeees all day long!!!

Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
honestly, I would like to teach Egyptians going to America how to cope and adapt faster...something along those lines....what do you call that??? [Confused]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I could I would love to sit in the dirt all day and dig out dinosaur fossils..... I would be happy and fulfilled. [Frown]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would be a hospital clown on a children ward - always dreamt of that....That must be the most precious gift to make children in a hard or lifetreatining situation laugh and forget their pain fore just a couple of minutes.
Posts: 1215 | From: Nowhere | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tiger, you must visit charmouth beach one day... me and the kids go there to dig up fossils, its great!

tibe.. thats such a great idea... i was asked to go on a pilgrimage to lourdes, its something ive always thought about, but i couldnt get my head around one of the illnesses one of the kids had. its on my real list of things to do... just wasnt mentally ready. i really admire everyone who goes, or who deals with things like that on a daily basis.

Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by charm el feikh?:
tiger, you must visit charmouth beach one day... me and the kids go there to dig up fossils, its great!

Wow! That was a blast from the past..I spent one of my best summers there...beautiful place and wonderful people [Smile]
Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
oh we love it there... we allways make a trip (or two) to the fudge kitchen in Lyme Regis...

i cant tell you what the tablet tastes like! or the coconut ice.

right, thats it... im going there next weekend!

Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

tibe.. thats such a great idea... i was asked to go on a pilgrimage to lourdes, its something ive always thought about, but i couldnt get my head around one of the illnesses one of the kids had. its on my real list of things to do... just wasnt mentally ready. i really admire everyone who goes, or who deals with things like that on a daily basis.

Exactly - I admire the doctors and nurses who has the strong mentality to work with dying children everyday. - I actually dont think I would last a week. I cant even watch a movie inwhere children are deadly sick, injuried or mistreated. That always makes me go and stand in my childrens joint bedroom and watch them sleep. There is nothing as peacefull as a sleeping child.

When I was younger me and my girlfriend dreamt of going to jamaica and open a beachbar and just party and check out hot guys in sharts all day...... (Did I mentioned our favoritemovie was Cocktail with Tom Cruise) [Big Grin] oh man- I would love to be a teenager again.

Posts: 1215 | From: Nowhere | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
simpri
Member # 11573

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for simpri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
oh we love it there... we allways make a trip (or two) to the fudge kitchen in Lyme Regis...

WOW I lived in Lyme Regis for almost 2-years back in the mid 70's - almost 5-years total in the area [Big Grin]
Posts: 61 | From: UK | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
id like to be a gymnast or an ice skater, or a ballroom dancer!

or go on a long journey and write a book about it..

or just play with puppies

newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by simpri:
quote:

WOW I lived in Lyme Regis for almost 2-years back in the mid 70's - almost 5-years total in the area [Big Grin]
You too [Eek!] I was there after that, but lived in both Charmouth and Lyme Regis. Nothing nicer than the Cobb on a winter's day when there were no grockles [Wink]
Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
yeah... all charmouth fans together!

http://www.torro.org.uk/uploaded_images/research/photos/January%202006.jpg

heres one for you tigerlily....

http://www.charmouthfossils.co.uk/shop/images/gcap_fossil_beach.jpg

Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
and just down the road a bit... durdle door...

http://www.guyedwardes.com/fullimages/Durdle_Door.jpg

simpri
Member # 11573

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for simpri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You too [Eek!] I was there after that, but lived in both Charmouth and Lyme Regis. Nothing nicer than the Cobb on a winter's day when there were no grockles [Wink] [/QB][/QUOTE]

I know, it's such a wonderful word to describe the tourists who fill the main street and get in your hair all summer through. They were my hippy days [Cool]

Posts: 61 | From: UK | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
get-over-it
Member # 8447

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for get-over-it     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I spent a week at Lulworth Cove/Durdle Door a few summers ago - beautiful place! My now ex didn't actually leave the cottage we had rented (he brought his Playstation with him and couldn't be tempted away from it [Roll Eyes] which explains why he is now an ex!). I did a lot of exploring on my own, and found it a very peaceful, beautiful spot!

As for unusual jobs - I can't think right now, but one I had when I was studying in China always makes me smile when I think about it. To earn a bit of extra cash, I found work as an English teacher. One of my students was a bit dodgy - he didn't want to learn any English at all, but was quite happy to pay me £20 an hour to read him scripts of Dallas, so he could tape them and listen to them in his car! Very strange...

Posts: 172 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tibe:

When I was younger me and my girlfriend dreamt of going to jamaica and open a beachbar and just party and check out hot guys in sharts all day...... (Did I mentioned our favoritemovie was Cocktail with Tom Cruise) [Big Grin] oh man- I would love to be a teenager again.

Oh yes, this sounds wonderful. Tibe, if you ever think of realizing this longlife dream - count me in. Call me! [Smile]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
Ok I promise if I win the lottery I will open the beachbar on jamaica and hire you as a bartender......or as grap-the-hot-guys-a-direct-them-to-the-bar-girl [Smile]
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Mashy..... [Big Grin]
DawnBev
Member # 11276

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DawnBev     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
me and my son like Lyme Regis as well - he loves fossil collecting and geology stuff!
Posts: 1056 | From: UK, Middle East & Europe | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DawnBev
Member # 11276

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DawnBev     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
as for a dream job - something with flowers - they smell lovely all the time!
Posts: 1056 | From: UK, Middle East & Europe | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want to get paid to browse ES all day...wait I already do that [Big Grin]
Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Audrey Hepburn
Member # 11579

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Audrey Hepburn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I live about 45 mins from Lulworth Cove and my boyfriend surfs there when he can. I love to sit on the rocks, looking in the little pools for crabs and weed. Aren't the fossils great there?
Posts: 233 | From: uk | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
wow.. maybe we should start our own site... dorset search!

i was telling my boyfriend tonight that when he gets out of hospital im gonna rent us a little cottage on the dorset coast with a big log fire...

lots of fresh air walking the dog,

cant wait.

FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tibe:
quote:

Exactly - I admire the doctors and nurses who has the strong mentality to work with dying children everyday. - I actually dont think I would last a week. I cant even watch a movie inwhere children are deadly sick, injuried or mistreated. That always makes me go and stand in my childrens joint bedroom and watch them sleep. There is nothing as peacefull as a sleeping child.

[Frown] [Frown] [Frown] ur energy levels get drained but you plod and plod and plod on ...i brough my daughter a rabbit today called honey she got long ears and she goddamn huge ,,but lovely its her birthday present but the cat ''aisah ''isnt taking to it well thinks its a bird [Confused]

but im amdmire mums with sick children see alot all the time found ithard when onece we stayedin great ormond street now i do admire the dedication there im send money from my account to them and bobbys has well ..yes i admire them the do deserve seat in heaven ..

Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com