EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » If you think......(for the Ladies)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: If you think......(for the Ladies)
ky_sunshine
Member # 11226

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for ky_sunshine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lets say you think you find a lump in your breast....do you tell your husband now or do you wait until you know for sure?
Posts: 334 | From: kentucky | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ohh tell him!! [Frown] You need his support and believe me, he would want to know, and please see a physician as soon as possible. It is probably nothing, but to be safe.
Hope it isn't you, best of luck.
Smucks

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Souri*
Member # 9095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Souri*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes you should tell him as well as your friends and family as Smukers said you need as much support as you can get, it will help you to fight against the diseases, plus your relatives and people who love you have the right to be informed about your situation.

Best of luck

Posts: 1182 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ky_sunshine
Member # 11226

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ky_sunshine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Girls I am so scared .....my cousin kust went through this a couple years ago.

--------------------
Often Times the Greatest statements are made in silence...listen with your Heart.

Posts: 334 | From: kentucky | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
don't worry, I know a couple of people who went through it and are fine and living great lives today. If it's early the better, make an appointment TODAY and ask the hubby to tag along. Please let us know how things go, you are in my prayers!

Please let this serve as a reminder to all women to do monthly self breast exams, best time to do it is in the shower and around the time of your period. If you need to know how to do it, visit this site:
http://www.imaginis.com/breasthealth/performbse.asp

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaye
Member # 11525

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kaye     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course you tell him he's your best friend right?? [Smile] Good Luck to you! God Bless You!
Posts: 108 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MARRIED TO MY BEST FRIEND:
Thanks Girls I am so scared .....my cousin kust went through this a couple years ago.

I went through this a couple of years ago, still get them come up now. Fortunately it was just cists and nothing to really worry about, but hell was I scared!!! I have been and had to have the cists drained and they warned me they could come back but are nothing to worry about unless they stay or get bigger then I have to have them done again.

It is a worry, get seen by the hospital as soon as you can, inshaAllah they will put your mind at rest.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ky_sunshine
Member # 11226

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ky_sunshine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I made a Doctor Appointment ....they can't see me untill Oct 9th. [Frown]

--------------------
Often Times the Greatest statements are made in silence...listen with your Heart.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I made a Doctor Appointment ....they can't see me untill Oct 9th. [Frown]

[Eek!] did you tell them WHY you want the appointment?? cant you get in any earlier?
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ky_sunshine
Member # 11226

Rate Member
Yeah i told them its like they just don't care. The Doctors are that way here its such a small town. I think I need a new Doctor.

--------------------

tootifrooti
Member # 9824

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tootifrooti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MTMBF

About 5 years ago I found a lump, went to GP he sent me to a one stop clinic 2 days later.
Went early that morning had x rays, mammogram, blood test, and a needle biopsy under local anaesthetic all done that morning. Went for a walk around town for 3 hours, went back and they had all the results!!!
In UK breast cancer and tumours are taken very seriously. They try to give one stop treatment as much as they can. Since finding the lump and having the all clear it took 3 days!!
I was devasted, but in the end it was benign. Many are so seek treatment early as possible. Dont wait for that doc, hunt around to find someone who will see you straight away.
Good luck [Smile]

Posts: 1500 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sooo sorry to hear this. Personally I would wait to see the dr. before telling my husband. I wouldn't want to get him worried if it's nothing. Inshallah it will be nothing.
Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cairobug
Member # 10571

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cairobug   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi MTMBF: If you're in Cairo and want an appt ASAP just let me know.

PS If you have any questions just let me know.

--------------------
Disclaimer: My posts are not meant to personally offend anyone. If you find yourself reading my posts repeatedly, you are kindly asked to seek the help of a professional [Smile]

Posts: 483 | From: cairo | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shebah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tell him. I would expect the same in return.

--------------------
شكرا و أللام عليكم
شيبى

Posts: 2133 | From: Redneckland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kata
Member # 10876

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,
Tell him, please.
This is from someone who has been there and gone through enough . Try and find another doctor as well and tell them the urgency of the matter,,sometimes it is nothing to worry about,,but better to know now than wait and agonise about what it may be,,,also a local clinic may be able to help you faster.

I pray that all goes well for you. Take care dear friend.
Nourhan

Posts: 85 | From: bottom_of_the_barrel | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *The Dark Angel* aka CAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the earlier the better

I'd panic if i get my breast removed or learn that i am dying

--------------------
Femme Fatale

Posts: 3128 | From: Not Your Heaven | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ky_sunshine
Member # 11226

Rate Member
I went to the Dr and will have my mammogram 11-07. I cant believe its is taking so long. I am really scared. And its so hard being alone here since my family doesn't speak to me now. OH WELL I will survive.

--------------------

daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I went to the Dr and will have my mammogram 11-07. I cant believe its is taking so long. I am really scared. And its so hard being alone here since my family doesn't speak to me now. OH WELL I will survive.

Are you in the U.S.? Why is it taking so long to get an appointment? What type of insurance do you have?
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Listen, please take your health care into your own hands with this. I don't know if you are going through an HMO or what, which *can* be awful and slow like this. If you live in a rural area, call resources in the closest large city/town near you.

But you can call around to other radiology offices, your local health department, hospital radiology offices, or other doctors. If I were you, I would pay for the screening out of pocket, it's about $150 around here without insurance. You can fight the insurance fight later.

You shouldn't have to go 6 weeks from when you discovered a lump to having a mammogram. [Frown] Don't wait for the doctors. To them it's a business. To you it's your life.

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kata
Member # 10876

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are not alone,,,you have many friends here who are willing and always ready to help you and listen whenever you need. Good advice and shoulders to cry on are just a keystroke away.

Take care.

Posts: 85 | From: bottom_of_the_barrel | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ky_sunshine
Member # 11226

Rate Member
I have good insurance it that the Dr rescheduled my appointment I just saw him day befor yesterday. The hospital gave me the first appointment they had. Thanks for all your support you dont know what it means to me keeping it inside is killing me.

--------------------

tootifrooti
Member # 9824

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tootifrooti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MTMBF
you have to tell him, he will support you and a 'problem shared is a problem halved'
Do as the girls say and go it alone, pay whoever to get that mammogram!, call around to get an earlier appointment, dont wait, talk to Cairobug about this please.........from one who has been through it...dont wait...........
We are all here for you just come here when it gets too much but do tell him.

Posts: 1500 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes please please tell him, you will feel better with him there to support and comfort and hold your hand through it

--------------------
http://image.lafemmebonita.com/c/av879029.jpg

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ky_sunshine
Member # 11226

Rate Member
well I told him I am so glad i did. its killing him that he is not here with me to go through this. I pray it doesnt take long since the visa petition has been sent to nvc But i know it will from the stories i have read in here. he ask me to PLEASE never keep anything of that importance from him. I promised i would never again. Thanks Everyone on your support. i will keep you all posted.
HUGSSSSSSSSS to All

--------------------

Kata
Member # 10876

Member Rated:
Good luck dear friend.
Nourhan

crazypolly
Member # 12074

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for crazypolly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MTMBF
Thinking of u. Fingers crossed. Take care

Posts: 39 | From: scotland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ky_sunshine
Member # 11226

Rate Member
I went to a different Dr friday have test Monday. So tired tonight been moving to our new house....Oh wow OUR house. That sounds so good I have lived with family for 9 years feels good to have a home of my own.

--------------------

ky_sunshine
Member # 11226

Rate Member
Hey everyone had the mammo and everything was fine. I have been sick since before christmas...i think its all the visa stress.

--------------------

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Hey everyone had the mammo and everything was fine. I have been sick since before christmas...i think its all the visa stress.

great news the mamo was ok!!!!
foreignluvr
Member # 5854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreignluvr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Could you be pregnant?? [Big Grin]
Posts: 895 | From: Atlanta, GA. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ky_sunshine
Member # 11226

Rate Member
lol no but I wish !!

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com