EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » register a marriage contract???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: register a marriage contract???
bird
Member # 8784

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bird     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can anyone please tell me how long it takes to register the marriage contract at Cairo. Ok if I arrive in Egypt at the end of November would there be enough time before the new year to finalise everything with the contract? Also I heard there is a new law from Januray 1st about Egyptian men marrying non Egyptian women, if they do so from January 1st 2007 they will still have to go to the army. Please help me get the correct information. Can you also tell me how long it takes for my husband to get his stuff sorted out. I am from the Caribbean. Please tell me, I really love my husband so much and i want our contract to be registered and for us to start our lives toegther. We are married but the contract was not registered. Thank you
Oh do you know if there is a website where i can see all this information.

Posts: 49 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hollanda
Member # 1011

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hollanda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi bird,

About this new law (army) i don't know anything, sorry!

If your husband is in Egypt, he must contact a lawyer. For extra him money this laywer can arrange for you the registration. I have also been married (officially) in 2005 and we contacted a lawyer from Cairo. He arranged everything within 2 weeks. Just be prepared that you also have to run to many offices yourself. Your husband can ask at the council in his city what papers he need and you can contact the embassy in Egypt. Good luck!

Posts: 92 | From: the netherlands | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
misscurly
Member # 2334

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for misscurly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just so u r aware - an egyptian man married to a foreign woman - it does not effect national service at all - my husband is egyptian i am english and he spent 2 years of our 4 year (so far) marriage doing national service - do not assume marriage to a foreigner will get him out of national service -It wont!!!!
Posts: 56 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
duda
Member # 293

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for duda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, im having the same problem, im french and getting married to egyptian in 2 months. i went to my consulate and they gave me a list of papers for him and birth certificate for me to do and they said i can do the egyptian marriage then legalize it in french consulate. My future husband went to Lazoghli and they gave him a list for me to do, now Im very confused and panicking, has anyone does this recently and can help me or do i go to a lawyer? thanks a lot
Posts: 148 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com