EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Have You Stopped Beating Your Husband?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Have You Stopped Beating Your Husband?
Undercover
Member # 12979

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Undercover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In relationships, are women more violent then men?

http://www.csulb.edu/%7Emfiebert/assault.htm

Posts: 3188 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
travellady
Member # 13378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for travellady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Undercover:
In relationships, are women more violent then men?

http://www.csulb.edu/%7Emfiebert/assault.htm

Interesting. But don't you think that if a man and a women get into a fight, the woman is more likely to get hurt? Men are just stronger.
I'd like to see a study comparing "injuries" rather than just indicents.
Not defending this - IMO couples should not be assaulting each other under any circumstances.

Posts: 117 | From: Kuwait | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barnacle Bill
Member # 12656

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barnacle Bill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"IMO couples should not be assaulting each other under any circumstances."

DITTO

Posts: 586 | From: Styx | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maxman
Member # 12150

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for maxman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Récif corallien:
"IMO couples should not be assaulting each other under any circumstances."

DITTO

A lot of men are assulted by women,but for a man to admit that his wife actually manhandles him is hard,in some communities it is a shame on the man!
Posts: 998 | From: UK,Egypt,east and central africa..... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
veronica ella
Member # 13434

Icon 1 posted      Profile for veronica ella   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think it is sad in our society,that a man has to feel he can not speak up when his wife is assaulting him.it doese not make him less of a man,i think he is more of a man,for not hitting back and those small minded people out there who thinks he is not a man,all i can say is your kind on not worth worrying about.
Posts: 126 | From: england | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with Veronica, they must be pretty strong men. If my husband ever hit me I'd be so pissed off it would take every ounce of energy I had to not slam him over the head with a frying pan...
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caterpillar
Member # 10438

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for caterpillar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you would be surprised how much this goes on, certainly in the UK. In reality men dont have anyone to report this too, people still consider it funny if a women hits a man, but not the other way around, for instance take Smuckers comment (i hope you dont mind me using it Smucky, its just to illustrate a point hun x)

"If my husband ever hit me I'd be so pissed off it would take every ounce of energy I had to not slam him over the head with a frying pan... "

and replace it with:

If my wife ever hit me I'd be so pissed off it would take every ounce of energy I had to not slam her over the head with a frying pan...

A man hits a women and he's an animal, a woman hits a man and most people just say 'the man should walk away and never hit a woman'... real double standards in our society

Posts: 1017 | From: uk | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maxman
Member # 12150

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for maxman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Double Standards"! I do say that caterpillar has a point here,I always wondered what makes some women think she can phisically abuse a man and get away with it,this has always baffled me!It takes a lot of self restrain for a man not to hit back.

--------------------
www.excitingegypt.co.uk

Posts: 998 | From: UK,Egypt,east and central africa..... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a good point, I would feel totally available to defend myself if he hit me but you're right, if the woman hits the man and he defends himself it is taboo. Hmmm, I never thought of that before, and also maybe we wouldn't believe the man that the woman hit first? [Confused]

I would never strike my husband unless he struck me first, and I hesitate to say he would hit if I hit him, but you really never know someone's reaction. There is a double standard...

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com