EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Time to move on :)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Time to move on :)
caterpillar
Member # 10438

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for caterpillar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have posted this to say goodbye to everyone [Smile] ...you're thinking 'oh another goodbye thread!' [Roll Eyes] and yes i did go once before, but read on...

I have these words for western non muslims. When you marry an egyptian muslim, think about it very carefully. I love my husband as much as the world but it has been a tough year for me, not because of him, but because of my resistance to change, and i believe that change MUST happen for two people from different backgrounds to merge successfully (on both sides). Many times we have argued over what seem like pathetic little things but they become big when you realise the other person sees things in a completely different way to you - a way you wouldn't have imagined, and i think this is what causes people problems. (Cause it doesnt help when your stubborn like me either [Big Grin] )

In a strong marriage people can overcome these things but it is a bumpy ride and i thank god for helping us through ours, inshaallah you will all get through yours too.

To all the people on here have a happy life and thankyou for listening to me when i have ranted and raved [Razz]

To all those waiting for your husbands to come to your country etc...I hope they get there soon

ES has helped me understand some cultural issues so keep helping all those newbies guys [Smile]

Bon voyage!
fi amenillah

Cat x

I have decided to put caterpillar to rest now (they dont stay caterpillars for long anyway do they [Wink] )

Posts: 1017 | From: uk | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soozi
Member # 11108

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for soozi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good bye Cat, and I hope you find the next year a little easier than the last!

You will be missed, your opinions are valued by many x

[Frown] [Wink]

Posts: 836 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cat i will miss you terribly sorry to see you go but i understand and thank you for your advice . i will remember this when my husband gets here . take care of yourself and become a beautiful butterfly [Smile] [Smile]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All the best to you cat, heres wishing you lots of happiness for the future.
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cocktail
Member # 13524

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cocktail     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, i read your going... Well, here's wishing you all the best. Thanks for being nice to me in the end. You said alot of wise words to me and it helped me see some light in my situation. So many people suffer through bad judgement and lack of self confidence, i think those were just some of my problems. However i have moved on since my posting and i was so thankful that people ended up seeing me and my situation as valid. Anyway this is about you so all the best again with your man and keep being wise and strong spirted and you will have a happy life i am sure. Here' s to you Butterfly [Wink] - Fly high [Smile] x
Posts: 91 | From: UK | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
murray-mint77
Member # 13080

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for murray-mint77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck with your future CAT i have enjoyed reading all your comments and agreed with nearly if not all what u have said x
Your words of wisdom and common sense will be missed but i hope one day the butterfly will come back and visit its flower that nurtured it x
Goodbye xxx

Posts: 634 | From: the Moon........... | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CAT email me. [Smile]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
email me too cat [Smile]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumicrazieluv
Member # 12053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumicrazieluv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to see ya go caterpillar [Frown] ,but looking forward to the time you come back a butterfly!!! [Smile] :)Good luck to you and we'll see ya soon [Wink]
Posts: 1121 | From: Too crazy to look at a freakin map to find out.. | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://zangygraphics.com/cats/d4979f77792966443e89878ae6d90abc09.gif border=0></a><br>

FOR YOU CAT WILL MISS YA

Black Dahlia
Member # 12864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black Dahlia         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Goodbye & good luck Catapillar. I suspect the reason you are going is because you have already turned into the beautiful Farasha [Wink]
Posts: 160 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I try my best to be impersonal but I like you caterpillar.

Take a break and do your thing and perhaps come back. You have a strong personality and probably it's detrimental to your relationship but I liked it.

Insha Allah Khair

Posts: 2079 | From: 'by any means necessary' - Malcom X | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tarka
Member # 13644

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tarka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What lovely remarks, you are all very kind people [Smile]
Posts: 83 | From: uk | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caterpillar
Member # 10438

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for caterpillar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everybody has been so nice, thank you, for this I feel I owe you an explanation. I am not going to go completely, but for my own reasons which I wont go into I am squashing the caterpillar.
But I will still be around and posting, because I like you guys too much [Smile]
Its so strange, I actually feel sad, how crazy is that! lol

Posts: 1017 | From: uk | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
will you now turn into a pretty butterfly? i am so happy you arent leaving us cat [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You don`t ow anybody an exploination. When you will be around on another nick, it`s your decison. You`re not the only one.. [Big Grin]
When your decision is making you sad, probably it is about time to get aware of the importance this board has to you.This virtual life...
I respect this, but I want to warn you. Take distance. Don`t depend on strangers, how sweet they might have been, when you need advice in life, it always is better to talk with only one person, somebody realiable, preferable somebody in real.
Wish you the best.

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soozi
Member # 11108

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for soozi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You've not become Shalik have you??? Hahaha only joking - good to see you're still around!
Posts: 836 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com