EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Simple Questionnaire: Part II - How well do you know Arabs? (back by popular demand)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Simple Questionnaire: Part II - How well do you know Arabs? (back by popular demand)
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1 – Which Arab leader’s son was known as “fatah al athrat” (man who takes women’s virginity)?

2- Which ultraist coined the phrase “ A woman should only leave her house three times in her life, when she is born, when she marries and when she dies”

3- Which two current Arab leaders came to power by overthrowing their fathers?

4- Which Arab ruler replied “I enjoy living atop of this scum” when asked why he prefers to live in a certain city that was not the capital of his country.

5- Which Arab nation canceled its elections after Islamic parties won an overwhelming majority of seats in parliament.

6– Which deviant Middle Eastern Muslim (if that) sect worships the women’s vagina?

7 – Which Arab ruler said “They don’t harm me, I eat a gazelle (Food of Kings) everyday, it’s the people they are harming” when asked about sanctions.

Posts: 2079 | From: 'by any means necessary' - Malcom X | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh I can't wait to learn the answer to #6.
[Roll Eyes]

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok, nice questionnaire ... Unfortunately, I don't know any of the answers [Smile] cause I only read about 2 Arab leaders so far ; one was Saddat, the other one Hosni [Wink]
but I am curious for the answers [Smile]

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
[Roll Eyes]

Yeah me too! [Big Grin]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I’m glad you ladies enjoy this questionnaire. Take your time answering these questions. [Smile]
Posts: 2079 | From: 'by any means necessary' - Malcom X | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At a guess:

4. Hosni

5. Algeria

7. Saddam

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
henita
Member # 11693

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for henita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
quote:
[Roll Eyes]

Yeah me too! [Big Grin]
Add me. [Razz]
Posts: 1339 | From: Om Leito | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

quote:
Originally posted by newcomer:
At a guess:

4. Hosni

5. Algeria

7. Saddam

The answers to numbers 5 and 7 are correct! [Smile]

# 5 (Algeria)

The Algerian military forcibly canceled the 1991 elections after Islamists won overwhelming. The military contended that it was necessary because Islamist parties overwhelming majority would have threatened democracy in Algeria. The military coup eventually led to a civil war that ended in 2002 with nearly 200,000 lives lost.

# 7 (Saddam Hussein)

While Iraq’s population starved from sanctions, Saddam Hussein literally ate like a king. A gazelle in the Middle East easily fetches for $2,000 a head and Saddam ate plenty. The Ruling Baath party at the time advertised that it was paying a premium for Gazelles. Saddam's personal stock was fed cardamom apparently to tenderize the meat.

seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THESE are difficult! [Frown]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatic For The Peoplê
Member # 13480

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatic For The Peoplê         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sobriquet:
1 – Which Arab leader’s son was known as “fatah al athrat” (man who takes women’s virginity)?

1- Bizo [Big Grin]
Posts: 194 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The title is SIMPLE QUESTIONNAIRE ...
It is a questionnaire, right !
Simple ??? [Wink] [Wink] [Wink]

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karla
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karla         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2. In Baluchistan, one of the country's four provinces of Pakistan, many residents abide by the maxim that a woman should leave her home only three times in her life: when she is born, when she marries, and when she dies.
Posts: 1414 | From: far away | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Guys!!! Not all of them are hard but three questions are indeed very hard . What good would a questionnaire be if I made questions that you could easily find the answers to online?

Karla you are right with regards to Baluchistan however the man (ultraist) who coined that particular phrase has yet to be named. I will give you guys some hints:

-He was a spiritual leader of an Islamist group
-He was jailed
-He defiantly answered with that phrase when asked “why do you oppose women going to work”

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sobriquet, I can't give you any answers, sorry. But if you open up a new thread about Hollywood stars and Western singers - I will rock your questionnaire! [Big Grin]

BTW, so what is up with answer No. 6? I am still waiting! [Wink]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

quote:

BTW, so what is up with answer No. 6? I am still waiting! [Wink]

Patience dear Lilly ... patience [Smile] Maybe I'll answer it after i go shopping and after i cook a calzone

If the Calzone comes out good i'll answer today and if not then ...... no [Razz]

guys be good

seabreeze
Member # 10289

Ok I'm guessing #1 is Saddam ?
[Confused]
[Smile]

((making dua'a for Calzone)) [Razz]

salexian
Member # 13086

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for salexian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are still many cults that go in for vagina worship. Trust me; this is not something you want to get involved with.

--------------------
He who smiles rather than rages is always the stronger.

Posts: 161 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
((making dua'a for Calzone)) [Razz] [/QB]

Looks like all your praying didn't help. We obviously have to wait until tomorrow for the answer! [Frown]

Sobriquet, please let you wife cook next time! [Big Grin]

Automatic For The Peoplê
Member # 13480

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatic For The Peoplê         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Guys!!! Not all of them are hard but three questions are indeed very hard . What good would a questionnaire be if I made questions that you could easily find the answers to online?

Karla you are right with regards to Baluchistan however the man (ultraist) who coined that particular phrase has yet to be named. I will give you guys some hints:

-He was jailed
-He defiantly answered with that phrase when asked “why do you oppose women going to work”

Ayman Alzawahri
Posts: 194 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

quote:
[Confused]
[Smile]

Close enough Smuckers [Smile]

The answer is Oday Hussein, eldest son of Saddam Hussein. This man loved his virgins and he almost lost his life in pursuit of cherries. Oday was driving his Porsche with Republican guards riding in front and in back of him. The destination was a popular nightspot in an affluent neighborhood in Baghdad where apparently Oday was to meet a certain woman. He was however ambushed from the front and from the rear and was unable to maneuver his car. His car was obviously bulletproofed but the rebels were clever enough and managed to spray gunfire from the inside pocket of his front tires and rims. He was hit several times and eventually required extensive rehabilitation. Long story short he was never the same again and also never walked the same again, suffering intense pain after long walks. Oday loved cherries so much it was rumored that he couldn’t get it up for anyone but a virgin.

P.S I didn't make calzone as plans changed but ate the most delicious Lasagna [Smile]

sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

quote:
Originally posted by Automatic For The Peoplê:
quote:

-He was jailed

Ayman Alzawahri
I don't doubt Zahrawi thinks the same way but the correct answer is Ali Belhadj.

Belhadj was a hardliner and second in charge of FIS (Islamic Salvation Front) of Algeria. An Algerian Islamic intellectual with Salafist tendencies, Belhadj believed that women’s place was in the home. He believed that a womanless workforce would eliminate unemployment and strengthen family ties. Belhadj was an immensely popular public figure whose party won 50% of the vote in Algeria’s 1991 legislative elections. He was jailed for 12 years for his views and now lives somewhere in the Gulf (khaleeej)

seabreeze
Member # 10289

quote:
quote:
[Confused]
[Smile]

The answer is Oday Hussein, eldest son of Saddam Hussein. This man loved his virgins and he almost lost his life in pursuit of cherries. Oday was driving his Porsche with Republican guards riding in front and in back of him. The destination was a popular nightspot in an affluent neighborhood in Baghdad where apparently Oday was to meet a certain woman. He was however ambushed from the front and from the rear and was unable to maneuver his car. His car was obviously bulletproofed but the rebels were clever enough and managed to spray gunfire from the inside pocket of his front tires and rims. He was hit several times and eventually required extensive rehabilitation. Long story short he was never the same again and also never walked the same again, suffering intense pain after long walks. Oday loved cherries so much it was rumored that he couldn’t get it up for anyone but a virgin.

P.S I didn't make calzone as plans changed but ate the most delicious Lasagna [Smile]

ohhhh I meant HIM> I misread the question ... I thought it asked which leader had a son that did this. [Big Grin] I was right (phew, finally I got one, it only took 16 questions...) [Razz]
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

quote:
quote:
quote:

ohhhh I meant HIM> I misread the question ... I thought it asked which leader had a son that did this. [Big Grin] I was right (phew, finally I got one, it only took 16 questions...) [Razz]
You actually answered two questions correctly. The other one was 'Sadat'. You are actually in the top of the class along with Newcomer who also answered two questions correctly. [Smile]

Sha-tirreh(Smart Girl) [Razz]

sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

The answer to # 6 is:

Alawiyya, an offshoot sect of Twelvers (Shia), their religion is a mixture of Islam, Christianity and Paganism. I won’t delve into the specifics of their religion but they do recognize the 5 pillars of Islam but refrain from practicing them. They also have two additional pillars one of which is worshiping Ali or deifying him. The also believe in the trinity of Ali, prophet Muhammed (saw) and Salman –al-farasi(companion of the Prophet).

Their worship of the Vagina is unlike other cults. Several experts in the Middle East notably T.E Lawrence (Lawrence of Arabia) described them as a ‘Cult of fertility”. However unlike other “cults of fertility” who use “ritualistic whores” for sexual purposes during the rituals, Alawiyya simply prostrate to the vagina of a woman and almost always to a beautiful woman with a ‘beautiful’ vagina. I hope women are not flattered by this twisted act because Alawiyya regard women as ‘soulless’. The woman is not worshiped at all as she is regarded as nothing. The point of this ritual act is simply to pay homage to the source of where human life comes out - the vagina.

sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

The answer to # 4 is:

Ahmad bin Yahya or simply Imam Ahmad was the ruler of North Yemen. He hailed from the powerful tribe of Hashid whose territories included the capital city of Sanna. The Imam however opted to live in the city of Taez although it was greatly underdeveloped in comparison to the capital city. The Imam a warrior himself had no respect for the “hojjariyeh” residents of Taez province. He regarded them weak mentally and weak physically and throughout his rule treated them like scum because of their tribunal weakness and because they easily changed alliances.

Egypt (Gamal Abdel Nasser) eventually helped in the overthrow of the Imam's son (Mohammed Al-badr) who came into power after his father's death.

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
The answer to # 6 is:

Alawiyya, an offshoot sect of Twelvers (Shia), their religion is a mixture of Islam, Christianity and Paganism. I won’t delve into the specifics of their religion but they do recognize the 5 pillars of Islam but refrain from practicing them. They also have two additional pillars one of which is worshiping Ali or deifying him. The also believe in the trinity of Ali, prophet Muhammed (saw) and Salman –al-farasi(companion of the Prophet).

Their worship of the Vagina is unlike other cults. Several experts in the Middle East notably T.E Lawrence (Lawrence of Arabia) described them as a ‘Cult of fertility”. However unlike other “cults of fertility” who use “ritualistic whores” for sexual purposes during the rituals, Alawiyya simply prostrate to the vagina of a woman and almost always to a beautiful woman with a ‘beautiful’ vagina. I hope women are not flattered by this twisted act because Alawiyya regard women as ‘soulless’. The woman is not worshiped at all as she is regarded as nothing. The point of this ritual act is simply to pay homage to the source of where human life comes out - the vagina.

Oh what a pity; Syria could really need a boost in tourism - especially from the ladies! [Wink]
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

quote:
quote:
The answer to # 6 is:

Oh what a pity; Syria could really need a boost in tourism - especially from the ladies! [Wink]
The Alawiyya are the minority and they could go to hell for all i care. Tell all the mozzaz (chicks) there are plenty of normal horny arabs there. [Big Grin] Ahahahahahaha
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

The answer to #3(and final unanswered question) is very easy and I am a little surprised no one managed to answer it.

Emir Sheikh bin Khalifa Al Thany of Qatar and Sultan Qaboos of Oman both came to power by deposing their fathers.

seabreeze
Member # 10289

Ok, I must say these questions were ESPECIALLY DIFFICULT Sobriquet! How about something easier, I always win at Jeopardy and Trivial Pursuit but I don't recall the Arab Leaders sections in those games. [Big Grin] [Razz]
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

quote:
Ok, I must say these questions were ESPECIALLY DIFFICULT Sobriquet! How about something easier, I always win at Jeopardy and Trivial Pursuit but I don't recall the Arab Leaders sections in those games. [Big Grin] [Razz]

Anything for you smuckers a.k.a Mrs.Gyro. [Smile] I will make the questions more answerable next time and you will have fun answering them.
seabreeze
Member # 10289

God willing, I think most of us are having fun with your questionaires. [Smile] Keep them coming! [Smile]
(btw, that Gyro was GOOOODDD!)

sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

quote:
God willing, I think most of us are having fun with your questionaires. [Smile] Keep them coming! [Smile]

Alhamdulillah the Gyro came out good. It's easy here to purchase ground lamb and ground beef and so, i'll cook your recipe this week.

Smuckers, pick from below the next subject for the next batch of questions.

-Islam (Islamic matters)
-Commerce & Geography (of the Arab world)
-History of the Arab world
-Politics of the Arab world
-Notable personalities (Arabs, this might be hard though)

seabreeze
Member # 10289

quote:
quote:

Alhamdulillah the Gyro came out good. It's easy here to purchase ground lamb and ground beef and so, i'll cook your recipe this week.

Smuckers, pick from below the next subject for the next batch of questions.

-Islam (Islamic matters)
-Commerce & Geography (of the Arab world)
-History of the Arab world
-Politics of the Arab world
-Notable personalities (Arabs, this might be hard though)

Politics of the Arab world - MY FAVORITE [Big Grin]
reserved
Member # 14062

Icon 1 posted      Profile for reserved         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Which Arab leader travelled to Israel to inform them of the impending Egyptian attack on October 6,1973?
Posts: 173 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

quote:
Originally posted by Magnoon Leader:
Which Arab leader travelled to Israel to inform them of the impending Egyptian attack on October 6,1973?

That's a great question and i don't know the answer and i want to add 1 more question:

This occurred while one Iman was visiting his friend(another Iman).

A daughter of which great Iman told her father "you speak so highly of this man, although he got up straight from bed and performed fajr prayer without performing wudu"

To which her father replied "my dear daughter don't be hasty for Imam bla bla bla is known to be in purity from the Ishaa prayer to dawn prayer, as he spends his nights awake contemplating solutions for the ummah"

You guys know the 4 great imams, 2 of them complete the answer.

newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

A daughter of which great Iman told her father "you speak so highly of this man, although he got up straight from bed and performed fajr prayer without performing wudu"

To which her father replied "my dear daughter don't be hasty for Imam bla bla bla is known to be in purity from the Ishaa prayer to dawn prayer, as he spends his nights awake contemplating solutions for the ummah"

Ahmed ibn Hanbal's daughter talking about Shafi'i. This is a guess based on who studied under who and who had a daughter. But if Shafi'i also had a daughter, it could have been her talking about Imam Malik.
Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alchemist
Member # 12318

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alchemist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Magnoon Leader:

It's funny, I was just talking about this with someone last weekend. I believe it was King Hussein of Jordan and this person said there is also a videotape of him admitting that he did warn them.
Posts: 1879 | From: Going to Graceland | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 14 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by newcomer:
quote:

Ahmed ibn Hanbal's daughter talking about Shafi'i. This is a guess based on who studied under who and who had a daughter. But if Shafi'i also had a daughter, it could have been her talking about Imam Malik.
You are right, It was Imam Shafii's daughter talking about Imam Malik. [Smile]

I think you are at the top of the class [Razz] , answering the most questions correctly thus far in the questionnaires

newcomer
Member # 1056

quote:
I think you are at the top of the class [Razz] , answering the most questions correctly thus far in the questionnaires

Probably an indication that I am spending too much time on ES rather than anything else [Smile]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com