EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » makeup (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: makeup
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do those of you who are married to Egyptian men find that he does not like you to wear makeup outside of the house? [Confused]
Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superwoman
Member # 14656

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superwoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes he would rather I didn't, but I do.

I feel like death warmed up without make up! But I think if I put it on noticeably then he wouldnt be happy, but I dont wear much anyway, just enough [Smile]

Posts: 918 | From: Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm American so I get to Plead the 5th. [Big Grin]
[Razz]

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by doodlebug:
Do those of you who are married to Egyptian men find that he does not like you to wear makeup outside of the house? [Confused]

Given the good number of Egy women one gets to see wearing loads of makeup outside their homes for going anywhere around could mean that many of their men don't mind much.
Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol smuckers.

Well normally I only put on moisturizer and maybe some undereye coverup if I have the time, but Saturday I felt adventurous so I put on everything....coverup, foundation, eye shadow,liner and mascara, blush and lipstick. I don't think he was too pleased that I had gone out shopping like that, though he'd never say it. He just questioned me when he saw me like that on the webcam and gave me "the look". lol.

I normally could care less about how my face looks because I'm too busy getting the kids ready and myself ready to be out the door in time to drop them off to school and get to work, but sometimes it just feels good to look good you know? And it's confusing why he'd not want me to wear it outside the home when sooooooo many women in Cairo have thick thick makeup plastered on!!! You'd think he'd be used to it.

Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11766

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ..     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you need an Oriflame rep, give me a shout.
Posts: 854 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

quote:
Originally posted by satanmademedoit:
If you need an Oriflame rep, give me a shout.

Is that a popular makeup line in Egypt? I like MAC and Clinique but I don't know if they sell those brands there.
Member # 11766

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ..     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oriflame is popular as other makes tend to be much more expensive.
To be honest, I used to be a clinique addict but bought some stuff from Oriflame at a bazaar I was doing and liked the products.
She also does loads of sale items.
No point in buying expensive things like nailpolish or lipsticks here in the summer as it never lasts.

Posts: 854 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liar_Lanie
Member # 14540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Liar_Lanie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

We had this conversation once in the first month we got married, he was more adament about the hijab than the makeup.

Actually the way I worn my makeup was too light for his taste. [Roll Eyes]

No actually he wanted to see me in more skirts, shorter skirts, tighter tops with less cleavage showing and boots; oh my goodness when I bought a pair of boots he wanted me to buy more and wear them everyday.

During my last year of college I started dressing up more for class and he appreciated the gesture.

Personally I am a fan of Aveda and Borghese and Estee Lauder. I need muted earthy tones to match my drab office wardrobe. [Embarrassed]

Posts: 1455 | From: debtville | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elizabethN
Member # 14096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elizabethN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
their is a Sefora make-up store in Cairo that carries every line of make-up and perfumes.
My husband doesn't care if I wear make-up or has said "a word" about it. I wear it tastefully as I have taken modeling classes in the past and no how to apply it without looking so heavy.
Mac is the best! seriously. Check out the eye shadows, foundation, cover up, eveything they have is good.

Posts: 1369 | From: California | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

quote:
Originally posted by Reality_Meanie:
quote:

We had this conversation once in the first month we got married, he was more adament about the hijab than the makeup.

No actually he wanted to see me in more skirts, shorter skirts, tighter tops with less cleavage showing and boots; oh my goodness when I bought a pair of boots he wanted me to buy more and wear them everyday.

During my last year of college I started dressing up more for class and he appreciated the gesture.

Personally I am a fan of Aveda and Borghese and Estee Lauder. I need muted earthy tones to match my drab office wardrobe. [Embarrassed]

He wanted you to wear hijab and short skirts and tight tops? [Confused]

I'm lucky in that my husband did not say boo while I was not wearing the scarf. I always dressed modestly even before I converted to Islam so that was never an issue but when I did start to wear the scarf he stopped masking his feelings and was totally over the moon about it. His mom never wore it until just before she passed away so I think he saw how gentle his own father was regarding the subject and thankfully takes after him.

Liar_Lanie
Member # 14540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Liar_Lanie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Reality_Meanie:
quote:

He wanted you to wear hijab and short skirts and tight tops? [Confused]

I'm lucky in that my husband did not say boo while I was not wearing the scarf. I always dressed modestly even before I converted to Islam so that was never an issue but when I did start to wear the scarf he stopped masking his feelings and was totally over the moon about it. His mom never wore it until just before she passed away so I think he saw how gentle his own father was regarding the subject and thankfully takes after him.

My skirts go down to mid-calf only two go to the knee. He thought I looked older than I was wearing longer skirts.

And yeah tight shirts/blouses, obviously you haven't seen alot of young Cairo fashions, its skin-tight and all skin covered.

He married a western women and wanted to marry a western woman because he was sick of the false piety and the super tight clothes. Then again he thought the loose fitting clothes were masculant.

Overall he never got used to the unisex loose clothing of American women and its a real turn off to him.

Posts: 1455 | From: debtville | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

No I have seen the tight clothes in Cairo I was just wondering why he'd want you to wear a scarf and then wear tight clothes, most who insist on the women wearing the scarf want them to wear loose clothing.
Liar_Lanie
Member # 14540

quote:
No I have seen the tight clothes in Cairo I was just wondering why he'd want you to wear a scarf and then wear tight clothes, most who insist on the women wearing the scarf want them to wear loose clothing.

In your experience possibly, but I had a number of my ex-husband's friends over who were married to Egyptian women and all of them wanted their wives to revert back to the women they had courted.

It was a constant complaint that they started to wear the veil and their appearance went downhill.

Egyptian men are like any other men in that regard, they want their woman to take care of herself and not turn into a dumpy old lady.

I've had exposure to a variety of Arabs and in my daily life. We lived in the same home for 5 years and it wasn't just on vacation relationship.

Superwoman
Member # 14656

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superwoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know alot of middle eastern/asian muslim women (Egyptian included) and their husbands dont ask them to dress up in tight clothes outside the house, the women wear loose clothes outside the house and their husbands dont consider them 'frumpy' they consider them respectful - what they do and wear behind closed doors is between them.

These same women also take care of themselves but they are secure enough in themselves and they are both secure in their relationship that they do not feel the need to wear tight or revealing clothing outside the house to 'turn men on'.

Posts: 918 | From: Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Shahrazat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And another question....
Which make-up brand do you prefer?

I prefer Armani and Mac [Smile]

Posts: 2591 | From: **Ex Oriente Lux** | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chanel
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Shahrazat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes Smuckers Chanel is perfect as well [Wink]
Posts: 2591 | From: **Ex Oriente Lux** | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

i've never tried Chanel. I have MAC eyeshadow and undereye coverup but everything else is Clinique only because I'm allergic to nearly everything under the sun. I was shocked when the MAC coverup didn't make me puff out.

My mom swears by Elizabeth Grady, which if you don't have one around is kind of a spa like place that does facials and sells both cleansing items and makeup.

Tootsie Roll
Member # 14812

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tootsie Roll     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband really doesn't comment on my makeup. The only thing I recall him ever saying is that he likes that I don't overdo it. I've been using Arbonne now for years
Posts: 21 | From: right here, right now | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elizabethN
Member # 14096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elizabethN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mac rocks
Posts: 1369 | From: California | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband's cool about me wearing makeup outside the home. He likes that I take care of myself by wearing makeup, perfume, lotions, getting my hair did, etc.

I use mostly MAC and Clinique make up and skin products except for mascara. I like Diorshow and Benefit's Bad Gal Lash mascara. I don't use Lancome because everything seems to be scented and my skin is too sensitive for all that.

Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
loreal mascara, oil of olay moisturizer thats it except for coal i got from Egypt for my eye liner [Cool]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love YSL mascara It seems to work with me, very thickening. I have to say I try to avoid Loreal, because they still test on animals.
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by young at heart:
Love YSL mascara It seems to work with me, very thickening. I have to say I try to avoid Loreal, because they still test on animals.

[Frown] :(didnt know that what do they try it on their eyelashes [Big Grin] [Wink]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MICKY A:
loreal mascara, oil of olay moisturizer thats it except for coal i got from Egypt for my eye liner [Cool]

Khol instead of coal here.
Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know Mickey, probably! It's just anytime I'm in Edinburgh, I have animal rights people handing me leaflets against them. So I tend to avoid buying their products. I feel in this day and age no excuse for using animals. [Frown]
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

I don't know if anyone watches "What Not to Wear" but when it's time for the makeup the woman almost always uses a spray foundation. I asked the woman at MAC and the woman at Clinique about this but neither knew what the heck I was talking about. I think it would be cool 'cause it wouldn't feel like you're wearing foundation. Anyone know of this spray type foundation? She sprays it on a sponge and then applies it to the person in the show.
tootsie
Member # 13946

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tootsie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I usually don't wear make up. Just lip gloss and and a bit of eyeliner, on the occassions that i have gotten dressed up and put on my face. He tells me I am beauitful. i over heard him one day telling his brother that i don;t need makeup- that i am a natural beauty. -and his brother agreed. When I do put on makeup I wear MAC.

--------------------
Tootsie

Posts: 365 | From: Canada | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it airbrush makeup? I've seen airbrush makeup demos. It looks really cool.

quote:
I don't know if anyone watches "What Not to Wear" but when it's time for the makeup the woman almost always uses a spray foundation. I asked the woman at MAC and the woman at Clinique about this but neither knew what the heck I was talking about. I think it would be cool 'cause it wouldn't feel like you're wearing foundation. Anyone know of this spray type foundation? She sprays it on a sponge and then applies it to the person in the show.

Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

quote:
Originally posted by CheezyPoof:
Is it airbrush makeup? I've seen airbrush makeup demos. It looks really cool.

quote:

I found it!!! There's two types and one is the airbrush one. http://www.piercemattiepublicrelations.com/beautydivision/2007/07/beauty_secret_solved_carmindys.html
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Sashyra8:
quote:

Khol instead of coal here.
forgive me i forgot how to spell it.
shoot me please [Big Grin]

Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by satanmademedoit:
Oriflame is popular as other makes tend to be much more expensive.
To be honest, I used to be a clinique addict but bought some stuff from Oriflame at a bazaar I was doing and liked the products.

I'm an organic freak [Big Grin] so I usually only use organic toiletries / makeup which I get in Germany. But when I once spent a whole year in Egypt without travelling back home, I bought some Oriflame stuff ... I'm not totally convinced with their ingredients, but at least they don't do animal testing.

I'd stay well away from the big brand names because they usually contain a lot of bad stuff, they are full of paraffin, silicones, formaldehyde, paraben and other carcinogenic stuff.

L'Oreal and other brands produced by them (such as Vichy, La Roche Posay, Lancome, Biotherm, Garnier) are actually among the worst.

Toxic Chemicals in Cosmetics - Ingredient Directory

Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imagine
Member # 11591

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for imagine   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Nope hes pleased with how i wear my make up, and even more importantly I AM pleased with how i wear my make up. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 712 | From: Hurghada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by young at heart:

[Frown] :(didnt know that what do they try it on their eyelashes [Big Grin] [Wink]
No they dont put it on eyelashes
I watched rabbits having cosmetic testing in a documentary and they drop it into the eye itself. All the cosmetics that do animal testing drop it onto the cornea of the eye! that means perfume, toothpastes too.......sprayed directly into the eye. Rabbits are used as their eyes cannot naturally wash it away quickly!

http://www.peta.org/features/photos/100-blindingrabbits.jpg

Companies That Test on Animals

* Allergan Inc.
* Alcon Labs
* Applewoods [ROLLING PLAN]
* Arm & Hammer (Church & Wright) [per PETA]
* Astley Dye & Chemical Company (ACDO) [ROLLING PLAN]
* Andrew Jegens Co. (Ban, Bioré, Curél) [per NAVS]
* Aziza

* Bay House Aromatics [ROLLING PLAN]
* Baush & Lomb (Curel, Soft Sense, Clear Choice)
* Betterware [ROLLING PLAN]
* BioForce UK [ROLLING PLAN]
* Bic Corp. [MORATORIUM] [per PETA]
* Blistex, Inc.
* Block Drug Co. (Sensodyne, Carpet Fresh, Lava, Polident) [per PETA]
* The Body Shop Int'l (L'Oreal)
* Boots Plc *Tests through BASF
* Boyle-Midway (Reckit Benckiser, Coty, Jovan, Lancaster) [per PETA]
* Brodie & Stone [ROLLING PLAN]
* Braun (Gilette Co) [MORATORIUM]
* Breck [MORATORIUM]
* Bristol-Myers Squibb Co. (Clairol, Ban, Final Net, Redmond, Herbal Essences, Sea Breeze, Aussie, Keri)
* Bronnley [ROLLING PLAN]
* Burberry *Because of Fur promotion or marketing

* Calvin Klein (Unilever)
* Carabay Seaweed [ROLLING PLAN]
* Carlonina Herrera
* Chesebrough-Ponds (Aziza, Fabergé, Cutex, Oil of Olay, Vaseline) [per PETA]
* Chanel Inc. *Because of Fur promotion or marketing
* Church & Dwight (Arm & Hammer, Arrid, Lady's Choice, Nair, Pearl Drops) [per PETA]
* Clarion (Sea Breeze)
* Clairol Inc. (Proctor & Gamble) [per PETA]
* Clorox (Pine Sol, Armor All, Tilex, S.O.S., 409, SoftScrub, Fresh Step) [per PETA]
* Colgate-Palmolive Co. (SoftSoap, Palmolive, Ajaz, Speed Stick, Mennen, Hill's Science Diet {sadly!}) [per PETA] [MORATORIUM]
* Consumer Value Stores *House brands
* Corine de Farme [per Uncaged]
* Cosme Decorte
* Coty (Davidoff, Joop!, Jovan, Lancaster, Rimmel, Stetson) [per PETA]
* Color Me Beautiful [ROLLING PLAN]
* Cover Girl (Procter & Gamble) [per PETA]
* Crimpers Pure [ROLLING PLAN]

* Dana Perfumes
* Del Laboratories (Sally Hansen, Natural Glow, Naturistics, Flame Glow, Commerce Drug) [per PETA]
* Dial Corp. (Purex, Renuzit) [per All for Animals]
* Dome Cosmetics [ROLLING PLAN]
* Donna Karan Beauty Company *Because of Fur promotion or marketing
* DowBrands (Glass Plus, Fantastik)
* Dracket Products Co. (S.C. Johnson & Son) [per PETA]
* Dolce & Gabbana [IT] *Because of Fur promotion or marketing

* EcoLab Inc.
* Eli Lilly & Co.
* El Sanofi Inc. (Oscar de la Renta)
* Elizabeth Arden (Unilever)
* Enamelon Inc.
* Erno Laszlo [per PETA]
* Estée Lauder Cos. (Aramis, Clinique, Prescriptives, Origins, M·A·C, La Mer, Bobbi Brown, Tommy Hilfiger, Jane, Donna Karan, Aveda, Stila, Jo Malone, Bumble and bumble, Kate Spade, Darphin, Michael Kors, Rodan & Fieldsr) *Because of Fur promotion or marketing
* Ettusais

* Faberge
* Fendi (Elizabeth Arden)
* Fernsoft [ROLLING PLAN]
* Flame Glow
* Fort James [ROLLING PLAN]

* Gallery Cosmetics [ROLLING PLAN]
* Gehe UK [ROLLING PLAN]
* Gillette Co. [per NAVS]
* Givaudan-Roure [per PETA]
* GWP Group [ROLLING PLAN]
* Helene Curtis Industries (Finesse, Unilever, Suave) [per PETA]
* Henkel (Schwarzkopf, Dep) [per PETA]

* IAMS (SHOCKING!) *Please Boycott!
* Intimate Brands *Bath & Body Works tests ingredients, Veronica's Secret sells fur
* ISO
* IPSA

* JCB Developments [ROLLING PLAN]
* Jhirmack (Playtex)
* Jergens, Andrew Co. (Bioré) *Parent Company (KAO) tests
* Johnson & Johnson (Neutrogena, Clean & Clear, Roc) [per PETA]
* Johnson Products Co.
* Jovan (Quintessence)

* KAO Cosmetics (John Frieda, Jergens, Bioré)
* Kanobe
* Kimberly-Clark Corp. (Kleenex, Scott Paper, Huggies) [per PETA]
* Kinarese (Valeant Pharmaceuticals)
* Kingsmill Cosmetics [ROLLING PLAN]
* KMS Research Labs [ROLLING PLAN]
* Kose

* Laboratoires Garnier (Ambre Solaire, Maybelline, Synergie, Movida, Fructis, Nutralia) *Have adopted policy against testing, however for now, NAVS lists them as "questionable" and no other group seems willing to endorse them
* LaCoupe Salon [per own reply]
* Lamaur (Willow Lake, Colorsoft) [per PETA]
* L & F Products
* Lever Brothers [per PETA]
* Lifestyles [ROLLING PLAN]
* Lloyds Chemists [ROLLING PLAN]
* L'Oréal (Anais Anais, Biotherm, Body Shop Int'l, Cacharel, Cosmair, Gemey, Giorgio, Gloria Vanderbitl, Inné, Helena Rubenstein, Jade, Kiehl's Since 1851, La Roche Posey, Lancôme, Lanvin, L'Oréal, Matrix, Ombrelle, Phas, Polo, Ralph Lauren, Redken, Soft Sheen, Vichy)
[per AAVS] *May Still be Testing Ingredients
* LPI Cosmetics [ROLLING PLAN]

* Manetti & Roberts
* Mars Candy (Snickers, M&M's, Twix, Milky Way, 3 Musketeers, Starburst, Dove, Skittles) Yes, the candy company is conducting all sorts of hideous experiments!
* Marlene Klein Cosmetics
* Marshall Pet Products *Make pet products, while selling animals to research labs!
* Max Factor (Procter & Gamble) [per PETA]
* Mead [per PETA]
* Melaleuca Inc. (Nicole Millers) [per PETA]
* Mennen Co. (Colgate-Palmolive) [per PETA]
* Micol Direct [ROLLING PLAN]
* Miss Selfridge [ROLLING PLAN]
* Murphy Phoenix Co. (Colgate-Palmolive) [MORATORIUM]

* Nalgene *Water bottle maker, imports lab animal restraints!
* National Trust [ROLLING PLAN]
* Natural Eco Trading [ROLLING PLAN]
* Nature's Sunshine Products [ROLLING PLAN]
* Naturelle
* Neoteric Cosmetics (Alpha Hydrox) [per PETA]
* Neutrogena
* Noxell (Procter & Gamble) [per PETA]

* Olay Co./Oil of Olay (Procter & Gamble) [per PETA]
* Oral-B (Gillette Co.) [per PETA] [MORATORIUM]
* Original Additions [ROLLING PLAN]

* Pantene (Procter & Gamble) [per PETA]
* Parfums Givenchy SA (Givenchy, Extravagance, Amarige) [FR]
* Parfums International (White Shoulders) [per PETA]
* Parker Pens (Gillette Co.) [per PETA] [MORATORIUM]
* Pennex
* Perrigo
* Pfizer Inc. (Bain de Soleil, Visine, Plax, BenGay, Viagra!) [per PETA]
* Phoenix Brands LLC (Fab, Dynamo, RIT Dye) [per NAVS]
* Playtex Products Inc. (Banana Boat, Woolite, Baby Magic) [per PETA]
* PPR Group/Pinault-Printemps-Redoute (Gucci, Yves Saint Laurent, Boucheron, Sergio Rossi, Printemps, Redcat) *No known policy
* Prada Group (Fendi) *No known policy Thanks *PETA
* Prince Matchiabelli
* Procter & Gamble Co. (Secret, Crest, Vidal Sassoon, Tide, Cover Girl, Max Factor, Old Spice, Hugo Boss, Wella) [per PETA]
* Publix Super Markets
* Purex Corp. [MORATORIUM]

* Quintessence

* Reckitt Benckiser (Coty, Lysol, Mop & Glo, Resolve, Spray 'N Wash, Woolite) [per PETA]
* Redmond Products (Part of Bristol-Myers Squibb)
* Reflect.com (P&G Spinoff)
* Richardson-Vicks (Procter & Gamble) [per PETA]
* Rimmel (supplied by Unilever)
* Ronson International [ROLLING PLAN]

* Sara Lee [ROLLING PLAN] *However, Sara Lee, is reportedly planning to divest it's personal care division, and, on a positive note, working with animal groups to stop the cruel animal experiments sponsored by March of Dimes.
* Sally Hansen (Del Laboratories) [per PETA]
* Schering-Plough (Coppertone, Ban de Soleil, Dr. Scholl's) [per PETA]
* Schick (Warner-Lambert)
* Scott Paper Co.
* Scottish Fine Soaps [ROLLING PLAN]
* S.C. Johnson & Son (Pledge, Drano, Windex, Glade)
* Seven Seas [ROLLING PLAN]
* Shiseido Company Ltd.
* SmithKline Beecham (AquaFresh, Contac, Tums) [per PETA]
* Sofina
* Softsoap Enterprises (Colgate-Palmolive)
* Sterling Drug
* Suave [per PETA]
* Sunshine Makers (Simple Green)
* Sun Star

* 3M (Scotch, Post-It) [per PETA]
* Tom's of Maine (Colgate-Palmolive) This was once a GREAT company, and unfortunately, is no longer. Colgate's even gone so far as to start putting Fluoride into their toothpastes which were free of it. AVOID.

* Unilever (ALL™ detergent, Lever Bros., Calvin Klein, Elizabeth Arden, Helene Curtis, Ben & Jerry's, Aim, Close-Up, Dove, Finesse, Salon Selectives, Pond's, Vaseline, Sure, Pepsodent, Mentadent) [per PETA]

* Vidal Sassoon (Procter & Gamble) [per PETA]
* Victoria's Secret *Sell fur products at stores
* Viktoria Apothekere (Phas)
* Virgin Vie [per Uncaged]
* Vogue International (hair care)

* Warner-Lambert (Lubriderm, Listerine, Schick) [per PETA]
* Wellbeing [ROLLING PLAN]
* Westwood Pharmaceuticals
* Whitehall Laboratories

* Xynergy Health Products [ROLLING PLAN]

* Yves Rocher Group (Stanhome, Petit Bateau, Pierre Ricaud, Le Monde de Parfum, Kiotis, Sante Naturelle) [per Uncaged]
* Yvonne Gray [ROLLING PLAN]

The following companies either openly use animal-tested chemicals, or fail to demonstrate that the finished product and the ingredients they use have not been tested on animals since a fixed cut-off date.
COMPANIES TO BOYCOTT
Avon Cosmetics Jeyes
Beiersdorf Johnson & Johnson
The Body Shop/L’Oreal+ Lancome
Chanel Lever Fabergé
Christion Dior L’Oreal/Nestlé
Clinique Miners Cosmetics
Colgate Palmolive PZ Cussons
Coty Reckitt Benckiser
Ecover* Revlon
Estée Lauder SC Johnson
FCUK Virgin Vie
Garnier Yardley
Givenchy Yves Rocher
GlaxoSmithKline Yves Saint Laurent
Helena Rubenstein Unilever

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DawnBev08
Member # 14964

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DawnBev08     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ive always been allergic to make -up, wish I could wear foundation, eye colours and masacara

but i never go without lipstick or lipgloss, it brightens up my face

these days - i need a good under-eye concealer [Frown]

--------------------
free palestine

Posts: 346 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

WOW. Who the heck doesn't test on animals then? That's just about every beauty product on the market on that list!
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
quote:
WOW. Who the heck doesn't test on animals then? That's just about every beauty product on the market on that list!

If it was for this list i would almost parade around with my just waking up face...rather disturbing! [Razz]
DawnBev08
Member # 14964

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DawnBev08     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LUSH produts

www.lush.co.uk
and
BNeverTooBusyToBeBeautiful

--------------------
free palestine

Posts: 346 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalila : )
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oohh db i just love lush!
Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
samaka
Member # 9228

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for samaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by elizabethN:
their is a Sefora make-up store in Cairo that carries every line of make-up and perfumes.
My husband doesn't care if I wear make-up or has said "a word" about it. I wear it tastefully as I have taken modeling classes in the past and no how to apply it without looking so heavy.
Mac is the best! seriously. Check out the eye shadows, foundation, cover up, eveything they have is good.

Where is this shop please? I am moving to Cairo soon, and you can't buy anything more than a dried up stick of mascara in Hurghada.
Posts: 588 | From: an oasis near the pyramids | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gabrielle
Member # 14195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for gabrielle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People! does anyone know where can i buy a good make up in hurghada?
Posts: 32 | From: hurghada | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by samakwish:
quote:

Where is this shop please? I am moving to Cairo soon, and you can't buy anything more than a dried up stick of mascara in Hurghada.
Sephora Toi is in Mohandseen but is a fake one. Not the real Sephora like in Paris and LA etc. It is near and opposite the LG building.

They have Mayada here that sells the genuine brands and they at at Carrefour Mall.

You will get real cosmetics I am sure in City Stars stores too.

Failing that buy a bottle of Beaujolais and burn the cork on the cooker and apply that in long thick strokes. That is what I do [Eek!]

Wish they had a Boots or Debenhams here [Cool]

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
samaka
Member # 9228

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for samaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by gabrielle:

Never seen any. Best thing is to go to a pharmacy and order from an Oriflame catalogue.
Posts: 588 | From: an oasis near the pyramids | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isis Perfume Abu Tig (El Gouna)
Oasis Pefume Tamr Henna (El Gouna)

I saw an advertisement of these two in a 'classy' magazine. I did not visit these shops myself.
I hope somebody else will be able to help you more. [Smile]

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
samaka
Member # 9228

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by harankash:
quote:
quote:

Sephora Toi is in Mohandseen but is a fake one. Not the real Sephora like in Paris and LA etc. It is near and opposite the LG building.

They have Mayada here that sells the genuine brands and they at at Carrefour Mall.

You will get real cosmetics I am sure in City Stars stores too.

Failing that buy a bottle of Beaujolais and burn the cork on the cooker and apply that in long thick strokes. That is what I do [Eek!]

Wish they had a Boots or Debenhams here [Cool]

If I could get my hands on a bottle of Beaujolais - I would drink it. [Smile]
gabrielle
Member # 14195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for gabrielle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by gabrielle:

Never seen any. Best thing is to go to a pharmacy and order from an Oriflame catalogue.
Could you pleeeeease tell me which pharmacy has the catalogue?
Posts: 32 | From: hurghada | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
samaka
Member # 9228

Member Rated:
My local pharmacist is called Care Pharmacy in Al Hadaba, but if you don't live there it would be difficult for you to find. I think any of the pharmacies on Sheriton Road would have a catalogue.
Bonzo
Member # 12594

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bonzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess either I'm too cheap or just practical but what's wrong with L'Oreal, CoverGirl, or Maybelline for cosmetics??? Things I've read says that these high priced cosmetics really don't have much more to offer other than their name. I do wear a foundation by Estee Lauder but that's because it has a pump on it and I discovered a shade that truly matches my skintone perfectly.
Posts: 370 | From: Other side of reality | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Some are just as good I think Bonzo, I always liked Revlon, it is definitely low priced makeup but I always found it to do a nice job. [Smile] I cannot CANNOT do CoverGirl, ugggh...
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com