EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » relationships that go sour.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: relationships that go sour.
Superwoman
Member # 14656

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superwoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a lot of talk lately about women who have been 'lied to' 'stolen from' etc etc.

What I read are actually just failed relationships, but because the man is Egyptian, this is always turned into 'he planned it from the beginning, wanted a visa, money' etc.

IMO, these men could be English, American, Portugese, African and these things could still happen.

I already told one story about a relationship I had where I was lied to by an american officer (representing his country in the UK) he lied, creating a whole imaginary life for himself, made plans for the future with me - I didn't make them, he did. When I found out the truth I asked myself why he did this? I dont have money, he paid for everything, he didn't want a passport, he was American and didnt even like the UK...maybe it was sex, because thats really all he took, but the real reason was he did it because THAT WAS WHO HE IS, he COULD do it, he WANTED to do it and I made it possible - it wasn't about me, at ALL, other than I didn't trust my own judgement (although I got him in the end [Big Grin] )

Years earlier I was in a relationship with an English man, he also lied, even after we had children he kept his 'other' life secret, when you have children by someone you often cling onto them for longer, for the wrong reasons, but he lied because HE could, it was what HE chose to do, not just to me but to everyone. He was in and out of our lives for years, one day when he came back with more lies, he had cancer! ...oh but then he didn't...lol I wondered what I actually felt for him anymore, and I felt nothing, because I could actually look at him for who he was, instead of who I had WANTED HIM TO BE for years!

What I guess I am saying is I have these stories, others have these stories, its not about being Egyptian, its about People. When we give something - love, money, friendship, emotion, we have to do it with NO GUARANTEES. That doesn't mean we dont trust anyone ever again, it just means that we need to look at our part in all of this. If I had not been at a vulnerable atage of my life on these two occasions, I wouldn't have put up with all of this. But I was and I did, you have to recognise YOUR part in it.

Its not healthy or right to put all the blame at their feet, we ALL have to take resposibility for our actions, it takes two to tango as they say.

I'm sorry for those who are hurting, but that is often the risk we all take when we have a relationship with someone else. The only person that can change how you feel NOW is YOU.

Just get on with your lives and be grateful the idiot is out of it, you only have one life and do you really want to waste more time on an idiot?

Posts: 918 | From: Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree, in part. There are many stories where the men here totally screw over Egyptian women/girls. They will often promise them marriage 'wait for me, I'm saving money' and the girl waits and then he goes and marries another he's also been having on the side. It happens all of the time - and it happens everywhere.
BTW Mrs you had a good point about the yank, it could have been for sex but it was 'because he could'. Most of the time that it is, and a control issue. He was in control of the stories he told you and the life he created with you...that was his power. Oh and I'm sure the sex was just a bonus. [Wink]

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I were you, I should kicked him out on the sidewalk between the garbage 10 years ago...
Often I have thought so, and it is very easy said, I agree. Because I have the possibilities that they haven't. I would have a house, enough money, and would be able to work and have a life.

There are more Egyptian women totally screwed by Egyptian men as there are foreign women srwed by them.

Basically it is all about only 2 things: the money and the pussy. ( Forgive me the rude word, but I don't know how to make this clear in another way) As long as men are brought up in the way they are growing up right now, and nobody is making them aware of the real values in life, nothing will change.

Indeed it is not only in Egypt, but this is an Egyptian board, and the incidents are about Egyptians, and not about Jamaicans, South Americans or Russians.

As long as families are accepting the behaviours of the male part, what can you do???

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superwoman
Member # 14656

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superwoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you are right Smuckers, about the women that are truly 'victims'. I was thinking this in the shower after I posted. In my opinion a victim is someone who has no control over a situation, so in the cases you describe the wives were victims, in my case, I was never a victim because I had the instict and ability to act when I found things out, In my case the 'Yank's (as you described him [Big Grin] ) wife was the real victim. If i'd have named and shamed him, it would have been her who suffered the most, being pregnant, in England with him and Brazillian (no American family).

When people seek revenge they have no idea who it will impact on and I dont think it makes any difference to the man, its not going to change him, all it will do is keep the bitterness alive in you.

????? you are right also, its a wider cultural acceptance of behaviour like this, but then women are always the down trodden in most societies. Its about power over women as Smuckers said, most men love to have this, it feeds them in an otherwise powerless situation. Most men would not willingly 'live' off a woman because it will render them powerless.
Perhaps the Yank that I was with felt powerless in the military, or in his marriage, who knows...and I was probably an outlet for him to live his fantasy life and have some power.

But I also dont think many of these men are 'evil', insensitive yes and selfish perhaps but not evil. In fact I would argue that they are more unhappy than me, because I am not searching for something, be in power, status, happiness and they are. Because of that I would never want to destroy someone with revenge.

Posts: 918 | From: Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think they're evil as much as they simply have no conscience.
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
happybunny
Member # 14224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for happybunny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Exactly what i was going to say smuckers [Wink]

Guilt is unheard of [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 895 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mrs.:
you are right Smuckers, about the women that are truly 'victims'. I was thinking this in the shower after I posted. In my opinion a victim is someone who has no control over a situation, so in the cases you describe the wives were victims, in my case, I was never a victim because I had the instict and ability to act when I found things out, In my case the 'Yank's (as you described him [Big Grin] ) wife was the real victim. If i'd have named and shamed him, it would have been her who suffered the most, being pregnant, in England with him and Brazillian (no American family).

When people seek revenge they have no idea who it will impact on and I dont think it makes any difference to the man, its not going to change him, all it will do is keep the bitterness alive in you.

????? you are right also, its a wider cultural acceptance of behaviour like this, but then women are always the down trodden in most societies. Its about power over women as Smuckers said, most men love to have this, it feeds them in an otherwise powerless situation. Most men would not willingly 'live' off a woman because it will render them powerless.
Perhaps the Yank that I was with felt powerless in the military, or in his marriage, who knows...and I was probably an outlet for him to live his fantasy life and have some power.

But I also dont think many of these men are 'evil', insensitive yes and selfish perhaps but not evil. In fact I would argue that they are more unhappy than me, because I am not searching for something, be in power, status, happiness and they are. Because of that I would never want to destroy someone with revenge.

Stop. You had me at "in the shower".
Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

ROFL VB stop, I'm going to crack a rib with your 'stop you had me ats' this week. [Big Grin]
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
I don't think they're evil as much as they simply have no conscience.

It is just a result of not making a boy consciencious. In some parts of the society the male part has carte blanche to do whatever they like, whenever they like without consequences. If my husband treats me as a doormat, our son will do the same to his sisters, and later to his wife. My husband can only treat me as a doormat if I allow him to do so.
I only will allow him to do so when I don't have other opportinities to live independant. So, the husbands are keeping the women dependant.
This behaviour is fully accepted by large parts of the society, it is even encouraged to do so by regulations where there is no equality between men and women.
My husband is free to go out alone, he doesn't have to cover his hair, arms and legs, he can join a sportsteam when he should like to do so, he can decide for his own which way he is going to make his money, a few eaxamples, and it is all allowed. Why isn't this allowed for women???

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for advocate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IMO, these men could be English, American, Portugese, African and these things could still happen.

.....I totally agree, there are dishonest people, men and women all over the world who are selfish manipulators, it cannot be pinpointed to just Egyptians. There are Egyptians who are also very honest and decent people who are being tarred with the same brush as the bad ones, which is so unfair IMO.

Posts: 1917 | From: WALES | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
happybunny
Member # 14224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for happybunny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree that there are dishonest people around the world but it is pinpointed to egyptains here because it is an egyptain site [Wink] If we were to go to an turkish site, sudanese site etc it would be the same.

The difference also is that men from the US, Europe are more free to travel and live in other countries. They are more likely to have their own money so would not need to use a women for the sole idea of 'getting out' of the country they are in.

Of course there are many good egyptain men, there are many western women here who would vouch for that. [Wink]

I don't know what it feels like to be used to enter my country or for money but i do know women who do. They would say it is far worse knowing they were used in this way than say an ex husband who cheated on them. I don't know why but i think it has alot to do with the dreams they had for their future because lets be honest egyptain men do have a charming way of talking [Wink] and making you feel very good about yourself and that life together will be wonderful, when infact he knows what will happen as soon as he gets aboard or gets that money he needs [Frown]

Posts: 895 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Haven't you ever heard the song by SADE 'smooth operator'? She sings about Western men seducing women so easily:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1Aj2yODys0

so I guess it just depends on who you are.

advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for advocate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Haven't you ever heard the song by SADE 'smooth operator'? She sings about Western men seducing women so easily:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1Aj2yODys0

so I guess it just depends on who you are.

I love this song and I have recently bought her Greatest Hits cd.
Posts: 1917 | From: WALES | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
off topic: 'No ordinary love' is the one I like the most. [Smile] Very sultry song.
Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Actually a lot of her music is good, my husband also loves to listen to it on an early Friday morning while we are getting breakfast ready. I like SWEETEST TABOO.

Anyway, back to the Smooth Operator song, how is it that the men get some cool song about being smooth players and we Western (american women) get this song!?
AMERICAN WOMAN:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-1LQfiUdgM

(although I do find it ironic that Lenny Kravitz (an American guy) and Heather Graham (american woman) are in the video). I know it was originally done by a Canadian though. [Wink]

anthropos
Member # 9410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anthropos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course there are liars and cheaters everywhere.

Yet there is no denying the fact that Egyptian culture facilitates it for guys to have no respect for women. The society is built around the man. And there is constant propaganda about how the man is more important.

There is simply no respect for women. Look at sexual harassment, as you have often done here on the forum, there is more of it in Egypt then elsewhere. It is as simple as that. There is something in the air that is creating these men.

The question is what should be done to stop it or change it? Religion isn't working. Everybody claims to be muslim or Christian or whatever and still the men are like this???

I come from a country where a majority of the people are not religious, many even say that they don't believe in God. Yet there is RESPECT FOR PEOPLE!!!!! Respect for women, respect for the individual freedom, respect for privacy.

Posts: 2184 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Not all Egyptian men are like that Anthropos and religion hardly makes you a good person.
I think it has to do with many factors in Egypt that I shouldn't go into probably.

walkingathinline
Member # 11504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for walkingathinline     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
many cultures don't respect women; hell, my great aunt - who i love very much and is 89 years old - said to me the other day that she "hates women and that men should be in control of everything"...this was in response to my questioning her about Hillary's chances of being president...i had to laugh, because, really, who am i to tell this matriarch and wonderfully kind, warm, caring, fun woman that she is wrong??? i mean, i did ask, "um, you are a woman, do you hate yourself?" she told me that she is just old fashioned and thinks that men should take care of politics! anyway...i think smucks is right about certain factors that push these men into desperation, and when a person is desperate, he will do almost anything.

i will also add that ALL the men in my husband's immediate family are respectful, so there are at least 8 men in egypt who don't fit your mold Anthro! LOL [Big Grin]

cheers!
OM

Posts: 422 | From: American living in Maadi, visiting in the States for awhile | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
What has to be done to stop it? Very simple: DO NOT ACCEPT IT... If I should be an Egyptian mother, I would insist on having my daughter an education and a possibility to become independant. Egyptian mothers only will come this far if they know about other possibilities. But, a high number of Women is illiterated or low educated, and that's because of the gouvernment. The gouvernment is there because of the people. And the people are to fatalistic to make changings anyway, so the only hope is Egyptian students with an open mind and a healthy view on the world.
I wouldn't put my hope on any man who claims to be open-minded and in the end is just as controlling as his father and grandfather were.
I wouldn't put my hope on words without deeds.
As long as the Egyptians are the way as they are now, it is a unbalanced society and I never would like to live there. I never would voluntairily give away all what my forefathers have worked for...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by walkingathinline:
many cultures don't respect women; hell, my great aunt - who i love very much and is 89 years old - said to me the other day that she "hates women and that men should be in control of everything"...this was in response to my questioning her about Hillary's chances of being president...i had to laugh, because, really, who am i to tell this matriarch and wonderfully kind, warm, caring, fun woman that she is wrong??? i mean, i did ask, "um, you are a woman, do you hate yourself?" she told me that she is just old fashioned and thinks that men should take care of politics! anyway...i think smucks is right about certain factors that push these men into desperation, and when a person is desperate, he will do almost anything.

i will also add that ALL the men in my husband's immediate family are respectful, so there are at least 8 men in egypt who don't fit your mold Anthro! LOL [Big Grin]

cheers!
OM

i have 20 men in our family that have great respect for women also [Big Grin]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superwoman
Member # 14656

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by happybunny:

I don't know what it feels like to be used to enter my country or for money but i do know women who do. They would say it is far worse knowing they were used in this way than say an ex husband who cheated on them. I don't know why but i think it has alot to do with the dreams they had for their future because lets be honest egyptain men do have a charming way of talking [Wink] and making you feel very good about yourself and that life together will be wonderful, when infact he knows what will happen as soon as he gets aboard or gets that money he needs [Frown]

They feel worse because what they feared would happen, happened. Their friends, family, internet buddies would have given them the sceptical glances and words of warning about basing a future on a holiday romance or internet relationship.
Rather than accepting it and saying - 'o.k It fizzled out' In order to claw back some self respect they have to go out of their way to make the guy look bad and highlight his behaviour, by doing that, it is no longer about her believeng in something 'romantic' and more about 'Egyptian men being bad and scammers'

I believe THIS is the reason we hear more about it on here. Its a bit like the person who uses racism as an excuse when someone just doesn't get on with them. screaming 'green card, visa, he wanted my money' is no difference to white supremacist views.

If it was just the case that we only hear about it because its an Egyptian forum, then we would also get the 'my boyfriend and I just drifted apart' stories or 'we just dont get on'...yet it seems every failed relationship between an Egyptian man and a Western woman is blamed on the same old things - I feel they are excuses alot of the time.

Western women can't have it both ways, when its an older woman/Egyptian man people tell them its an unusual match - they will go with their instincts - then if it goes wrong its because he wasn't sincere etc...Maybe they just had differences

of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Anthropos:
Of course there are liars and cheaters everywhere.

Yet there is no denying the fact that Egyptian culture facilitates it for guys to have no respect for women. The society is built around the man. And there is constant propaganda about how the man is more important.

There is simply no respect for women. Look at sexual harassment, as you have often done here on the forum, there is more of it in Egypt then elsewhere. It is as simple as that. There is something in the air that is creating these men.

The question is what should be done to stop it or change it? Religion isn't working. Everybody claims to be muslim or Christian or whatever and still the men are like this???

I come from a country where a majority of the people are not religious, many even say that they don't believe in God. Yet there is RESPECT FOR PEOPLE!!!!! Respect for women, respect for the individual freedom, respect for privacy.

I think I have given this analogy before but it is valuable so here it goes again.

The analogy about the difference between grace and the law is like the difference between a city dog and a country dog.

The city dog is locked up in a small back yard. Think of the fence as the law. He is good and does not run away because he has no choice, the law confines him. But if ever he gets out he runs and when his master runs to catch him he runs even faster. The faster the master runs to catch him the faster the dog runs away. (I had a dog just like this)

On the other hand, the country dog has wide open spaces. He has the freedom to go where ever he pleases, yet he sits at his masters door. [Smile]

In other words "The law is the strength of sin".

Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Does it bother you, that bad talking about Egyptian men, Mrs? Should it make any difference to you, when the subject should have been the bad Turkish men, Jamaican men, Thai or Russian women? Or shouldn't that bother you so much?
Think about it. Every irritation is a reflection of your own mind. (IMO)
Think about it and answer honestly...

--------------------

happybunny
Member # 14224

Mrs quoted: - screaming 'green card, visa, he wanted my money' is no difference to white supremacist views.

[Roll Eyes] hmmm yeah ok mrs, [Confused]

In actual fact after i wrote the above, i thought about it and i agree with you in part that yes probably one of reasons that women do feel so bad about being used is the fact that they feel they lose face amongst their friends and family who may have warned them. They may feel stupid for choosing/loving a man who turned out not to be 'real'.

On these boards i do see many happy marriages between egyptain men and western women, i for one am very very happy as i have told you before (me a non muslim too [Wink] shock horror!) so when i read these posts when women have met men and they have used them it upsets me because i feel that all egyptain men are tarred with the same brush.

You know Mrs, you cannot get away from the fact that some have been used. You may not have been, i have not (thank god) but there are many that have. For you suggest that maybe you just had differences is completely nonsence. There are men who wait the 2 years and get there leave to remain and are gone that week! There are men who don't even bother to wait and just live illegally here in the uk or elsewhere after a few weeks of arriving. How about that woman whos husband would not agree to divorce until she paid him £££££ (a few thousand, i think 10 sterling) You also mentioned then that maybe he was the wronged party in that case. [Confused]

I am not saying that all relationship break downs are due to the egyptain man using these women - some are, plain and simple.

Maybe this site attracts women who have a connection with egypt ie husband or the women duped by egyptain men. Maybe the women who have had a relatively long relationship with their egyptain husband and they just decided to separate for a number of different reasons do not find the need to join an on-line forum about egypt, just a thought. [Wink]

of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm glad that you are here happybunny to give balance... [Smile]

--------------------
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)
Leap and the Net will Appear.

Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
happybunny
Member # 14224

Thank you, same goes for you Of_Gold [Wink]
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Other than the need for a nude-beach comment, I find that more and more I am agreeing with ?????'s points of view. It is definitely what you accept.
My mother used to say that in a soceity it is the women who pretty much decide how they will be treated, either consciously or unconsciously. The fact that so many here stay quiet and take it only validates that point.

VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Other than the need for a nude-beach comment, I find that more and more I am agreeing with ?????'s points of view. It is definitely what you accept.
My mother used to say that in a soceity it is the women who pretty much decide how they will be treated, either consciously or unconsciously. The fact that so many here stay quiet and take it only validates that point.

Stop. You had me at "nude beach".
Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

^^^^^ LOL [Razz]
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
My father was a very simple man, low educated, with a poor background. As a child, he lost his father, and his mother was left behind with 6 little children, a farm and no other income.
They suffered poverty, hunger and sicknesses. He lost his brothers because a doctor only came when the people were nearly dead. They simply hadn't the money!
His childhood left marks on him, but about one thing he was sure: His children never would become dependant. Not because of they weren't educated, not because of a marriage or a failed marriage, and not because of the money.
Also religion played a role, because in spite of the fact that the religion preaches goodness and help the poor, they didn't get anything. In autumn, when the cattle got slaughtered, they had to give the finest meat to the priest. Even knowing about the situation my grandmother was in, they demanded this.
My grandmother who never lost her faith and was very religious, was told to pray, and God would take care of her and her children.
So, it's understandable that religion also left a nasty taste by the children.
An always praying grandmother, who was offering food to the church, and left her children in hunger. Because she didn't know better.....
This was Europe, just before WW II.
Anyway, my father always has encouraged me to find my own way, to be independant, and to take care of myself. To NOT accept when I did not agree, no matter who was the person in front of me. No doctor, no priest, no teacher, not anybody has the right to make me accept what I didn't want. A kind of stand up for your rights.
It was pretty unusual, also when I was young,and became a mother. To be free and make my own choices...
I happened to meet a man who agreed in this, and also encouraged me in this. It's not the most easy way, because you have to fight a lot of fights, and it brings you in difficult situations, but on the long term it brings benefits.
So, when living in Egypt, I see a lot of women, living in the situation as my grandmother did. Accept and pray. A lot of wrong things happen to them, but they are raised in an accepting way and they can't do anything else as pray and hope for changings.
Nobody is offering them changes. Nobody is bringing them a better life on a plate. If you want things to change, it is needed to change them yourself. Starting with NOT to accept what is unacceptable to you...
My grandmother couldn't, because also she was not raised this way, the only thing she knew was accept and pray.
My father saw in injustice in this, and insisted his children to act instead of accept...

--------------------

Superwoman
Member # 14656

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by happybunny:
Mrs quoted: - screaming 'green card, visa, he wanted my money' is no difference to white supremacist views.

[Roll Eyes] hmmm yeah ok mrs, [Confused]

What I mean by this is that it suggests superiority of the West, 'this guy obviously only wanted me because of money or to come to the wonderful west', Its very disrespectful of Egyptian culture and people to assume EVERYONE wants out if a western women gives them the chance - do you know what I mean?

In actual fact after i wrote the above, i thought about it and i agree with you in part that yes probably one of reasons that women do feel so bad about being used is the fact that they feel they lose face amongst their friends and family who may have warned them. They may feel stupid for choosing/loving a man who turned out not to be 'real'.

On these boards i do see many happy marriages between egyptain men and western women, i for one am very very happy as i have told you before (me a non muslim too [Wink] shock horror!) so when i read these posts when women have met men and they have used them it upsets me because i feel that all egyptain men are tarred with the same brush.

You know Mrs, you cannot get away from the fact that some have been used. You may not have been, i have not (thank god) but there are many that have. For you suggest that maybe you just had differences is completely nonsence. There are men who wait the 2 years and get there leave to remain and are gone that week! There are men who don't even bother to wait and just live illegally here in the uk or elsewhere after a few weeks of arriving. How about that woman whos husband would not agree to divorce until she paid him £££££ (a few thousand, i think 10 sterling) You also mentioned then that maybe he was the wronged party in that case. [Confused]

You misunderstood me Happybunny, I didnt say he was wronged, I said the same as I am saying here. There are two side to every coin. On here people are very quick to accept the stereotype, look at how many people have been suggesting 'englishrose' name and shame the man she was involved with - with only knowing one side. I like to play devils advocate sometimes [Wink]

I am well aware that some women do get scammed, but we find what we're looking for most of the time. At the beginning of a 'potentially hazardous' relationship, those women looking for love find love and ignore many warning signs. when it ends they look for excuses why it ended that dont reflect on who THEY are, but deflect onto other, more stereotypical views of these men. I'm sure some were conned, there's no smoke without fire, but not ALL.

I am not saying that all relationship break downs are due to the egyptain man using these women - some are, plain and simple.

Maybe this site attracts women who have a connection with egypt ie husband or the women duped by egyptain men. Maybe the women who have had a relatively long relationship with their egyptain husband and they just decided to separate for a number of different reasons do not find the need to join an on-line forum about egypt, just a thought. [Wink]

agreed on last two points and you probably put it better than I did [Smile]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com