EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » ive had the most b o r i n g day .....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ive had the most b o r i n g day .....
Dawn-Bev*
Member # 15190

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dawn-Bev*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
a database training day .........

[Frown]

a new database

nothing wrong with the one I'm already using

but worse still, this one seems to more beurocratic (spelling?) tha ever !

anyone else working for the NHS here?

we're supposed to be streamlining NHS management and research goveranance and trying to combat unnecessary beaurocracy -

I swear this new restructure is more complicated and its costing millions, .....
of which surely would be better spent elsewhere:

patient care
medication
nurses etc

[Mad]

Posts: 712 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HandsUpHandsDown
Member # 15410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HandsUpHandsDown     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, boring day here too. I finished my major project and won't have another important one until later in August. Solitaire only gets you so far...
Posts: 246 | From: but one life to live | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dawn-Bev*:

[Frown]

anyone else working for the NHS here?

we're supposed to be streamlining NHS management and research goveranance and trying to combat unnecessary beaurocracy -

I swear this new restructure is more complicated and its costing millions, .....
of which surely would be better spent elsewhere:

patient care
medication
nurses etc

[Mad]

Dawn Bev I did 10 years with the NHS... the money wasting story is the same, whatever department you're in (I was in pathology)... nothing changes!!!
But... I must say.... now that I've had a taste of expensive USA health care, it makes me appreciate the NHS a lot more.... if only they would fire half the "managers"!!

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for advocate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a boring day every day in my current post, I will be glad when my contract ends at the end of September.

My office colleague (we 2 share an office)is currently on leave this week and I am like Billy No Mates, the remainder of the people I work with are airy fairy and do my head in!

Oh well at least she is back at work on Monday, only tomorrow to go!

Posts: 1917 | From: WALES | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snow white
Member # 15647

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for snow white     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm looking for a boring post.....any vacancies going in your office??? I bet they don't even ask you if you want anything from the shop!!!
Posts: 264 | From: wales | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for advocate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 1917 | From: WALES | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.adultswim.com/games/game/index.html?game=biblefight

here, go kick satans ass:)

Posts: 2757 | From: YOU CAN ONLY SEE WHAT I CHOOSE TO SHOW, THERE IS SO MUCH MORE YOU JUST DONT KNOW | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habeeby
Member # 14429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habeeby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
advocate come and swap with me please i have 3 child permanence reports to write, 3 final court statements and an adoption medical all to be completed before next Friday and to be juggled with my stat visits and 1 day of duty [Frown] [Frown]
Why have i stayed in child protection? seemed like a good idea at the time!!!!! Oh well think of the cash *kerching, kerching* [Wink]

Posts: 1797 | From: By my husband's side | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh how i love caseworkers [Mad] i grew up in the system and they would pick at ANYTHING to take the kid away from their parents. Always prying into peoples business and wrecking families over the most stupidest things.
I remember going to my annual court hearing and would blal my eyes out on the stand begging to go home and they would never let me. And once, my caseworker grabbed me by the back of my collar and dragged me into his office. I had bronchitis once and they didnt take me to the doc....but the other girls would play sick to hooky school and they were taken to the doc right away. my mom had to come and tell them if they wont take me to the doctor, she will and they refused to let her.
They threw me in a foster home where the people did drugs...then they threw me into another one were the father who was moroccan tried to get in my bed and his american wife was over 500 pounds and i was the one caring for the other foster baby...they finally put me in a girls group foster home run by an egyptian family and i was ok there. Sure did love it, bars on the windows, alarms on the doors and all! [Mad] Tareq, the father married me off to the bastard who destroyed my life when I was 18 cuz he knew I would have no where else to go.
I went thru 8 homes in 4 months and wasn't going to school. I kept running away.

And after all that, my folks finally cleaned it up and had money....AFTER it was too late to help me.

Posts: 2757 | From: YOU CAN ONLY SEE WHAT I CHOOSE TO SHOW, THERE IS SO MUCH MORE YOU JUST DONT KNOW | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habeeby
Member # 14429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habeeby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MD i don't know which Local Authority you where under but i can tell you for sure that i NEVER remove children from famillies unless the child is at risk of significant harm and there are no alternative family members to care for the child... 'Wrecking families over the most stupidest thing' - so when a child is being sexually abused, physically abused or severely neglected we should just ignore the situation??? You may want to sue for being removed others may want to sue for being left within abusive famillies!!!! People like you make me sick, child protection workers do a thankless and difficult job tht most people would not and culd not do and all you can do is criticize [Mad] It is not the fault of social workers that children grow up in the system the blame lies with the Parents who give birth to children they cannot appropriatelly parent...
Posts: 1797 | From: By my husband's side | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
I agree Habeeby, Child Protection is a thankless job, people seem to forget what the purpose is...protecting children, whether from their families, themselves or situations which they are in. The media are too quick to aportion blame on Social Workers but all too easily forget that Social Work is multi agency decision making, it is the Social Worker who impliments the decisions that are made collectively.

Yes there are mistakes unfortunately which are always highlighted but it is a great pity that the good work of Social Services is not given the credit is is due when good outcomes are achieved.

MD, it was a sad situation that you grew up in, however, I am sure that this was many years ago and fortunately these situtations do not or at least should not occur in this day and age, we learn from our mistakes hopefully.

Also Habeeby and I practice in the UK, a different country and cannot be made accountable for how Social Services operate in other countries.

Social work is based on respect for the inherent worth and dignity of all people, and the rights that follow from this. Social workers should uphold and defend each person's physical, psychological, emotional and spiritual integrity and well-being. This means:

1. Respecting the right to self-determination - Social workers should respect and promote people's rights to make their own choices and decisions, irrespective of their values and life choices, provided this does not threaten the rights and legitimate interests of others.
2. Promoting the right to participation - Social workers should promote the full involvement and participation of people using their services in ways that enable them to be empowered in all aspects of decisions and actions affecting their lives.
3. Treating each person as a whole - Social workers should be concerned with the whole person, within the family, community and societal and natural environments, and should seek to recognise all aspects of a person's life.
4. Identifying and developing strengths - Social workers should focus on the strengths of all individuals, groups and communities and thus promote their empowerment.

http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Publications/2005/12/1994633/46349

snow white
Member # 15647

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for snow white     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How come social workers get the blame for it all....I'm in child protection and believe me with all the paper work that needs to be done to remove children these days etc etc.... I don't remove kids just for the fun of it especially when it creates a shed full of paper work and panels and Court to attend. It certainly isn't my fault if a family is disfunctional...and I certainly don't get commission on the number of kids I remove. I'm sorry that you suffered MD, but I think that times have changed! at least in the UK
Posts: 264 | From: wales | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by snow white:
I'm looking for a boring post.....any vacancies going in your office??? I bet they don't even ask you if you want anything from the shop!!!

...things are looking up...my colleague in the "cell" next door made me a ham and tomato pannini! [Big Grin]
snow white
Member # 15647

Rate Member
Brill!!!!! but what was in it other than the ham and tomato is the question that is going to trouble me for the rest of the day.
advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Habeeby:
advocate come and swap with me please i have 3 child permanence reports to write, 3 final court statements and an adoption medical all to be completed before next Friday and to be juggled with my stat visits and 1 day of duty [Frown] [Frown]
Why have i stayed in child protection? seemed like a good idea at the time!!!!! Oh well think of the cash *kerching, kerching* [Wink]

Habeeby, I would give anything to feel the adrenalin rush through my veins again. [Wink]

I am here now again, Monday morning, losing the will to live. If I thought nobody would pop their head into my office I'd go to sleep!.....and I've only been here for 2 and a half hours. [Frown]

What have I done to deserve this! Roll on 5p.m, though I may go home at 4p.m!! [Wink]

snow white
Member # 15647

Rate Member
Advocate, I would give anything to have blood rush through my veins again..let alone adrenalin. My hand has gone to sleep with writer's cramp!!!! yes that was cramp not CRAP!! [Wink]
advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
Well get yourself that laptop and practice typing it's much quick...cut and paste, cut and paste!! [Wink]
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Advocate, Habeeby & Snow White, MD is in the US. I know from other sites I was on with mainly Americans that reporting your neighbours kids to the authorities is some kind of sport in the US in a way that it isn't in the UK.
I heard that 3 reports - even if all just malicious - and they have to remove the kids in the US?

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
How the Public Law Outline will improve case management and care proceedings

The process of taking children into care is being improved through a revision of a judicial protocol known as the Public Law Outline.

The removal of a child from a parent is one of the most serious interventions a state can make in the lives of its citizens. It is vital, therefore, that the evidence for any such action is clearly laid out in a court of law, with family members able to state their case and with the needs, wishes and feelings of the child in question able to be fully understood and represented.

While the focus of public concern is often on potential miscarriages of justice for wrongly accused parents, the risk of miscarriages of justice for vulnerable children is much more the stuff of law, and rightly so.

http://www.communitycare.co.uk/Articles/2008/01/21/107015/how-the-public-law-outline-will-improve-case-management-and-care.html

Habeeby
Member # 14429

quote:
heard that 3 reports - even if all just malicious - and they have to remove the kids in the US?
OMG that is barbaric... i thought America where supposed to be an inspiration to all other countries in the world [Roll Eyes] So in that case it would mean if you are a bitter and twisted individual who has a grudge against somebody you can easily manipulate the system to have their children removed [Eek!] Thank god we do not have this system in the UK, i remove enough children without sicko's making maliscious referrals [Confused]

Advocate i am so high on adrenalin that my head is flat from banging it on the ceiling, please! somebody! anybody! advocate! take hold of my ankles before i float awayyyyyyyyyy [Big Grin]

snow white
Member # 15647

Rate Member
We still get the malicious referrals in this country, but gladly our referral system enables us to identify the false allegations from the true ones at the initial assessment. Our legal system is such that in order to remove kids we require substantial evidence that the children are at risk of significant harm. The Judge will then decide if the local Authorities concerns are substantiated.

I once had a friend in America who worked as a social worker...she had three cases max...maybe that's the problem they haven't got enough to do over there!!! They can have a job in my office if they want [Big Grin]

advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
Well after a quite busy day I am going to rescue snow white from the chaos of her office and we are going to have a nice glass of cola and some dinner before we head off home later! [Wink]
snow white
Member # 15647

Rate Member
Hi ho hi ho...it's off to the pub we go [Big Grin]
advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
snow white and I's visit to the pub was spoiled by a big nasty troll...we made a quick exit and went elsewhere! [Eek!]

What is it with families who think they can dictate what happens in your life???!!! [Mad]

snow white later found it very funny when a carton of melted strawberry milkshake collapsed into my lap...you can always tell who your friends are...they laugh instead of helping! [Wink]

advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
Well last day in work today before I finally fly to Cairo for 9 days..hurray. [Smile]

Been for an interview this morning and I have been offered the post, back to Child Protection for me and a step up the professional ladder too. [Smile]

Hope the day continues to be as positive as it began! [Smile]

An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats Advocate - back to what you love doing!
Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent news Advocate, looking so much forward to meeting you on the 22nd, have a great trip with miss sharm.
xxx

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
Thanks Girls. All I need to do now is start packing, i always leave it til last minute and now I can fill 2 suitcases..WOW!! [Big Grin]
snow white
Member # 15647

Rate Member

snow white
Member # 15647

Rate Member

snow white
Member # 15647

Rate Member
Congratulations hun [Smile] .....even though I think you're a nut case to come back to the dark side. [Roll Eyes] Cairo beware ADVOCATE is on her way [Big Grin] but it could have been worse the TROLL and his pint could have been coming!! [Mad] ...he could have fitted in your second suitcase if he was dismembered [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
snow white
Member # 15647

Rate Member
Three posts duplicated was just tooooo much [Eek!]
cbrbddd
Member # 3891

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbrbddd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have fun, Advocate! I wish I could come too, but alas I must wait another 6 months!!

--------------------
I fell in to a burning ring of fire . . .

Posts: 895 | From: NorthTexas, USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
snow white I am the model tourist when I visit Cairo I'll have you know! [Wink]

Who knows next time you may even come with me! [Smile] Although I'm not sure 2 Welsh women together in Cairo would be a good idea! [Big Grin]

cbrbdd, who knows when you visit next snow white and I could be visiting at the same time [Smile]

I really do have to get my packing done today!! [Eek!]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com