EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » The One Thing That Surprised You About Egyptian Men (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The One Thing That Surprised You About Egyptian Men
elizabethN
Member # 14096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elizabethN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you can pick one thing - ok pick a few things that suprised you the most about Egyptian men what would it be????
Posts: 1369 | From: California | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
how easy going they are.
how dulliable they are.
how responsible they become at a younger age.

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I shouldn't be able to name one characteristic suitable for all Egyptian men...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
great sense of humour!

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elizabethN
Member # 14096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elizabethN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
how emotional they are!
Posts: 1369 | From: California | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
their optimism (first thing that crossed my mind)
Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How moody they can be.

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habeeby
Member # 14429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habeeby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How much food they can consume at one sitting, and expect their wife to consume a similar amount [Eek!] How everything is a full scale drama [Big Grin]
Posts: 1797 | From: By my husband's side | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Culture Club
Member # 13767

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Culture Club     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
About my "lion" that suprised me vvvvv much: he is vvvvvvvv strong with solid muscles [Big Grin] .
Posts: 756 | From: ...be solution... | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bahlol elmasry
Member # 14256

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bahlol elmasry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why don't you ladies be clear?
Posts: 19 | From: CA | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Habeeby:
How much food they can consume at one sitting, and expect their wife to consume a similar amount [Eek!]

Lol, it's not only the husband, it's his whole family!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
quote:
How much food they can consume at one sitting, and expect their wife to consume a similar amount [Eek!]

When I stepped off the plane in Cairo for the first time I just thought how interesting and exotic looking the guys were compared to the German men. Well then again everything was exotic looking there as I've never been abroad before and didn't see many foreigners either!! [Smile]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

When I stepped off the plane in Cairo for the first time I just thought how interesting and exotic looking the guys were compared to the German men. Well then again everything was exotic looking there as I've never been abroad before and didn't see many foreigners either!! [Smile]
Omg,TL...any men are exotic and interesting when compared to German men.Sorry,but while visiting Germany i found them to be the least atractive ones,at least on my atractiveness meter. [Frown]
Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ky_sunshine
Member # 11226

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ky_sunshine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How they can fool one into believing thier lies. Or my Husband anyway can't say that about all.

--------------------
Often Times the Greatest statements are made in silence...listen with your Heart.

Posts: 334 | From: kentucky | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liar_Lanie
Member # 14540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Liar_Lanie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I first got into Cairo I thought this airport is more modern than I thought it would be but then saw parts that looked as if from the 70s.

And then I saw my in-laws. Goodness my Sister-in-law is gorgeous, Dad is a identical match for my then hubby, they look so agitated, my neice is such an angel, and by the time we got out into the van Mom starts bawling. My then hubby told her he was coming with knowing it was going to be a lie.

After all this he lies to his own mother.

High expectations for sons in regards to their Mothers, if they let their mothers down in any matter she really doesn't get over it.

Wives are lied to everyday, over and over again. They learn to expect it yet see the opposite in their sons.

--------------------
Offend one offend all during the season.

Posts: 1455 | From: debtville | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HandsUpHandsDown
Member # 15410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HandsUpHandsDown     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was the abundant and seemingly socially accepted lying.
Posts: 246 | From: but one life to live | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elizabethN
Member # 14096

yes they just don't seem to get that NOT TELLING THE TRUTH IS LYING.
elizabethN
Member # 14096

quote:
How much food they can consume at one sitting, and expect their wife to consume a similar amount [Eek!] How everything is a full scale drama [Big Grin]

yes agree with you on the full scale drama. If your not on high blood pressure you soon will be. [Wink]

My husband doesn't eat that much! I am surprised at how little he does eat sometimes. I am always trying to push food on him being italian.
Now he can pack away the ice cream, but that's about it.

snow white
Member # 15647

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for snow white     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How many problems they seem to get themselves into.... [Wink] and how many problems they seem to think you can get them out of [Big Grin]
Posts: 264 | From: wales | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for advocate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am not in the frame of mind to get anyone out of any problems this time, no doubt I will be travelling with a hangover tomorrow...then I'll be good for nobody! [Big Grin]
Posts: 1917 | From: WALES | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erin1122
Member # 8238

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for erin1122     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
German men are extremely attractive on the whole. Much, much more so than Egyptian men. European men generally are. However, this board caters to Egypt. Kind of goes with the title!
Posts: 22 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sherribaby
Member # 15378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sherribaby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by elizabethN:
how emotional they are!

Definately agree with this.

Oh yes and moody and sulky and loving all at the same time! [Big Grin]

Posts: 547 | From: uk | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habeeby
Member # 14429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habeeby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
how emotional they are!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Definately agree with this.

Oh yes and moody and sulky and loving all at the same time!

Lol.... Sound like these men are trapped in adolescence, emotions all over the place [Big Grin]
Posts: 1797 | From: By my husband's side | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sherribaby
Member # 15378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sherribaby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Habeeby - when you put it like that!!!!!
Posts: 547 | From: uk | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liar_Lanie
Member # 14540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Liar_Lanie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by erin1122:
German men are extremely attractive on the whole. Much, much more so than Egyptian men. European men generally are. However, this board caters to Egypt. Kind of goes with the title!

Yup you are right about this board being onsided. Generally these lasses know Egyptian guys from a chat room or vacation. If they were to move about, live or visit Egyptians in a more natural setting then they'd realize just how sqewed their opinions are.

German, Scandinavian and basic Nordic men I have met from the EU haven't been attractive on a hole. But when they are they certainly know it!

Posts: 1455 | From: debtville | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lonelyrose*
Member # 15697

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lonelyrose*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They are too romantic but lot of them are liars [Frown]
Posts: 13 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lonelyrose*:
They are too romantic but lot of them are liars [Frown]

Gotta admit that one.Sad but true [Frown]
They can pull a bunch of lies out of their sleeve like magic without batting an eyelash.Amazing!

Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I've been working with a group of Egyptian men (and a couple of women) on a professional basis for the past couple of weeks so had 10 or more in a room at once for several hours - and you know what? They're just like all the men I used to work with in the UK - concerned about juggling huge to-do lists, meeting deadlines, setting and achieving goals and targets, how to work through team building issues - yada yada..

Some of them are shy, some more outgoing, some sit back, reflect think then speak, others say/do first and think later - some prefer to learn by watching, others by doing. Some are auditory, others visual, and others kinaesthetic. [Big Grin]

They're not space aliens, they are completely normal human beings with the whole array of different personality traits that any people anywhere show!

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
double post - sorry [Embarrassed]
Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Reality_Meanie:
quote:
Originally posted by erin1122:

If they were to move about, live or visit Egyptians in a more natural setting then they'd realize just how sqewed their opinions are.

Like you did you mean? for what, 3 whole weeks? [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

by the way, in the usage of correct English, there is always a 'u' after a 'q' [Wink]

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sherribaby
Member # 15378

Rate Member
Generally these lasses know Egyptian guys from a chat room or vacation. If they were to move about, live or visit Egyptians in a more natural setting then they'd realize just how sqewed their opinions are.

Just one question to you Reality_Meanie - What is your problem? How can you make such deluded statements, you know nothing about me, my relationship or about many relationships on here. Do you realise how sad you are, your opinion is just considered zilch. You obviously had a bad experience, does that then mean ALL egyptians are bad like the one you met?

Wake up pleassssse, advice is advice but anger and resentment does no favours for anyone. [Eek!]

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
sherri get used to it. You too will be awarded a fantasy life as we have all been in the past. With sono if you dont report that you play chess she will assume you dance naked in the rain and scuba dive after midnight, its just one of those ES things [Wink]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

stayingput
Member # 14989

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for stayingput     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree the lying was the biggest surprise for me, too. But I don't think they think of it as lying, even though they know they're not telling the truth. It's like, in their Egyptian minds, they rationalize it as something different. I don't know. Perhaps I'm justifying a behavior and I'm wrong. But, yeah, it was the lies.
Posts: 758 | From: Here. There. Everywhere. | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habeeby
Member # 14429

You are right justvisiting many of them do not see it as lying i think they see it as bending the truth for the right reason and this is how they justify it, but the problem is they do not stop to think whether the other person will see it this way [Roll Eyes]
Liar_Lanie
Member # 14540

quote:
Originally posted by sherribaby:
Generally these lasses know Egyptian guys from a chat room or vacation. If they were to move about, live or visit Egyptians in a more natural setting then they'd realize just how sqewed their opinions are.

Just one question to you Reality_Meanie - What is your problem? How can you make such deluded statements, you know nothing about me, my relationship or about many relationships on here. Do you realise how sad you are, your opinion is just considered zilch. You obviously had a bad experience, does that then mean ALL egyptians are bad like the one you met?

Wake up pleassssse, advice is advice but anger and resentment does no favours for anyone. [Eek!]

Sherry I am requesting you point out the post in which you think I am judging you.

It might be a massive disability on an Egyboard to not be in love with a Pharoah, but that isn't what these egyboards were designed for anyhow.

Never stated that all Egyptian guys were alike. But the same can't be said for foreign lasses who meet egyguys on the internet or on holiday.

DawnBev08
Member # 14964

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DawnBev08     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really only know my son's friends, and I am amazed by them at how hard they work, so many hours, and they find time to spend with him and they all look so happy and cheerful even when they are working, and they always greet us with a smile - me at work - I am so grumpy sometimes

--------------------
free palestine

Posts: 346 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sherribaby
Member # 15378

Rate Member
quote:

Yup you are right about this board being onsided. Generally these lasses know Egyptian guys from a chat room or vacation.

To Reality_Meanie - I don't think you were juding me personally, but by this remark you are making a generalised assumption of relationships and people who you know really know nothing about.

Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The one thing that consistently does not suprise me anymore is that most of them are two faced.
I tried to think of something nice but as you ask for the one thing...well there you go. [Frown]

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HandsUpHandsDown
Member # 15410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HandsUpHandsDown     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another one is their sense of entitlement. It's quite amazing they think people owe them just because they are male.
Posts: 246 | From: but one life to live | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liar_Lanie
Member # 14540

It would be helpful if you ladies would refer to which part of Egypt your love interest is from. Bedioun, Saeedi, Deltans, Fallahein, or Cairo sorts all behave differently for different situations.

And yes its my opinion that regional characteristics override personality.

--------------------
Offend one offend all during the season.

of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by HandsUpHandsDown:
Another one is their sense of entitlement. It's quite amazing they think people owe them just because they are male.

I believe this is universal. Your born with a penis, then your entitled... [Big Grin]
Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
samegy
Member # 15090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for samegy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
You are right justvisiting many of them do not see it as lying i think they see it as bending the truth for the right reason and this is how they justify it, but the problem is they do not stop to think whether the other person will see it this way [Roll Eyes]

I have to agree with you on that one. With mine, if he lies about something (which is rare), he will tell me the truth some time later. I think he thinks I will get mad and that I will not talk to him again. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 141 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
If you can pick one thing - ok pick a few things that suprised you the most about Egyptian men what would it be????

Nothing surprises me about Egyptian men!!! [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

quote:
Originally posted by of_gold:
quote:

I believe this is universal. Your born with a penis, then your entitled... [Big Grin]
and of course those of us without the relevant physical accompaniment are envy those with [Wink]

wiki about you know what envy

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Haha, this thread turns into a very interesting one!! [Big Grin]
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
It would be helpful if you ladies would refer to which part of Egypt your love interest is from. Bedioun, Saeedi, Deltans, Fallahein, or Cairo sorts all behave differently for different situations.

Totally disagree, my comment above applies to men from all the regions you mention above and from all levels of society. That's the difference Sono when you actually live in Egypt for a significant amount of time and encounter many people outside of your immediate family, you can form an opinion based on first hand experience and not just theories.

And just to be clear I am not talking about 'love interests' as you so insultingly put it, one can encounter men in many other ways in life.

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
¨{And just to be clear I am not talking about 'love interests' as you so insultingly put it, one can encounter men in many other ways in life.{

Absolutely truth this one here,Penny.

cbrbddd
Member # 3891

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbrbddd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by of_gold:
quote:

[Big Grin]
Posts: 895 | From: NorthTexas, USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liar_Lanie
Member # 14540

quote:
Originally posted by Penny:
quote:

Totally disagree, my comment above applies to men from all the regions you mention above and from all levels of society. That's the difference Sono when you actually live in Egypt for a significant amount of time and encounter many people outside of your immediate family, you can form an opinion based on first hand experience and not just theories.

And just to be clear I am not talking about 'love interests' as you so insultingly put it, one can encounter men in many other ways in life.

I have yet to read of you making a visit to an actual home of an Egyptian family.

Most of what you post is in regards to Sharm, not where everyday Egyptians live.

Cairo collects Egyptians from every village in Egypt, luckily my Father in Law because of his work in the Education Ministry can navigate social and commerce situations due to the different nature of different regions.

You yourself Penny have yet to live in Egypt, you only visit and don't know the language.

I suppose Egypt is more palatable and enjoyable from a resort in Sharm, but that isn't Egypt now is it?

Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
As usual wrong on every point Sono.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com