EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Eid fever! How are you spending it with your love one?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eid fever! How are you spending it with your love one?
Exiled
Member # 14410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The countdown has begun, moonsighting.com is on record stating October 1st as the first day of Shawwal, that’s Eid-ul-Fitr folks. YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! So this is actually the final weekend of Ramadan. [Smile] I can not wait to wake up in the morning and drink delicious cardamom tea. I can not wait to regain my full mental and physical capacity. [Big Grin] ahahahaha

Eid prayers will begin 7:30am and after that we’ll go for a ride, have lunch later at maybe PaPa Johns [Big Grin] and then head south to the red sea coast. Last Eid was awesome as we drove up north, this Eid though the beach and its leisurely life is calling me, it’s saying I know you want to walk barefoot on my sand, I know you want to swim in the sea. [Big Grin] Yes baby I do, I do, I do – Scooby wooby dooooooo [Big Grin] ahahaha.

You’ll have to excuse my giddiness/ my silliness but this Ramadan took a toll, especially the past week or so and as a result I am ecstatic it is finally coming to an end.

Posts: 2418 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xblueskyx
Member # 12289

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xblueskyx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lucky for some [Smile]
Posts: 426 | From: england | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Shahrazat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ohh here the 1st day of Eid is Sep 30th..
Each year we start 1 day earlier. Last year I was in Cairo and remember that they didn't know if they will fast for the next day or not until the evening.

Posts: 2591 | From: **Ex Oriente Lux** | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiled
Member # 14410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMbATaj7Il8

I'm doing Eid preparations [Big Grin] and number 1 thing to do is make an EID CD [Big Grin] and this track is definitely going on it. It's a 380 kilometer highway drive, about 4 hours and appropriately great, diverse music is imperative for such a drive.

Posts: 2418 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiled
Member # 14410

quote:
Originally posted by 'Shahrazat':
Ohh here the 1st day of Eid is Sep 30th..
Each year we start 1 day earlier. Last year I was in Cairo and remember that they didn't know if they will fast for the next day or not until the evening.

Same thing here Shah, last year we fasted a day earlier than Egypt. Egypt always seems to fast the whole 30 days no matter what. Where is your information coming from? Mine is coming from moonsighting.com and I think they use NASA astronomical data.
'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Shahrazat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ours comes from Turkish Government [Big Grin] When they make the annual schedule, they never change it [Big Grin]

Anyway, 9 days holiday has just started today and Antalya shores are waiting for us [Big Grin]

Posts: 2591 | From: **Ex Oriente Lux** | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiled
Member # 14410

quote:
Ours comes from Turkish Government [Big Grin] When they make the annual schedule, they never change it [Big Grin]

Anyway, 9 days holiday has just started today and Antalya shores are waiting for us [Big Grin]

Well Egypt gets their go ahead to celebrate EID from the Hakuuma too via Tantawi. So i definitely won't berate Turkey's government because they were right last year in celebrating it a day earlier than Egypt. I hope they're right this year because if they are then you and I will be celebrating EID on the same day, insha allah.

Have fun hitting Antalya's beaches [Smile]

Almaz.
Member # 14025

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Almaz.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Exiled:

I'm doing Eid preparations [Big Grin] and number 1 thing to do is make an EID CD [Big Grin] and this track is definitely going on it. It's a 380 kilometer highway drive, about 4 hours and appropriately great, diverse music is imperative for such a drive.

Ya salaaaaaam!!!!!!! Love this song. Great choice.
Ramadan was tough for me too. But Al Hamd wel shokr ila Allah in all cases; and we deserve a celebration!!! Ya mosaheeel!!!!

I will be meeting some members of my family in a few days in Tunis to be with some of our cousins. [Wink]

Posts: 919 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiled
Member # 14410

quote:
Originally posted by Almaz.:
quote:

Ramadan was tough for me too. But Al Hamd wel shokr ila Allah in all cases; and we deserve a celebration!!! Ya mosaheeel!!!!

I will be meeting some members of my family in a few days in Tunis to be with some of our cousins. [Wink]

Wow Tunis [Smile] You sure get around visiting friends and family. It was Paris Wee Wee errr.. I mean oui oui during summer and now Tunis. I wish I was that close with family [Razz] Have a lovely time at your family’s gathering and let us know all about Tunis. I'm glad I wasn’t the only one suffering this Ramadan [Big Grin] , yeah it was a difficult one, I've basically been faxing it in the past several days, just doing nothing but playing the AI on playstation.

Went out tonight though, and it was a jungle out there. The cops here only exacerbate the traffic situation and the Arabs here are a pretentious lot. I mean they have valet parking for Applebees, anyway so I looked the guy eyeball to eyeball and without saying a word I let him know he better not take my car for a ride. Yeah anyway we ordered the usual, I had a cowboy cheeseburger with a coke and honey had a chicken salad and it came out to 20 bucks, yes $20, I am always shocked but what is one to do, anyway I guess the valet parking was justified. But i haven’t really gotten used to these people yet, even after being here a little over a year. A Starbucks coffee that costs $2 in America costs $3.60 here. So I'm working on trying to comprehend this obvious fleecing and society’s acceptance of it. Is it that easy to overcharge people? I have no problem with overpaying but I do have a problem with being ripped off and especially feeling that the product/service was simply not worth the cost. Last but not least a reminder to people, please don’t forget your Eid-ul-fitr zakat, it’s only $2 per person here, so find out how much it is in your city and simply pay it.

Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Almaz.:
quote:

Almaz,girl,don't hide soo much.Rarely see you around here. [Frown]
Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cosmogirl
Member # 8748

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cosmogirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ugh, my problem? Our babysitter is a Muslima and she posted on her door that she will be closed on Wednesday. So I have to either take the day off work, bring the baby to work, or find a substitute sitter on short notice!

It's one fo the reasons we love her so much, she prays 5 times a day, observes Holy Ramadan, adheres to the proper diet, and speaks Egyptian Arabic to the baby and the Mister.

But now I have to convince my boss that Eid is a high holiday and that I can't come to work because of it.

Posts: 1071 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

I think Turkey is the only country ends Ramadan today. Tomorrow is Eid here
Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
aleya will be going to egypt and i will be in NYC at JFK airport. [Frown] Sam phoned me saturday night and we made plans for this coming weekend so, i will be alright.

my ex is bringing his uncle hassan with us to jfk...cuz of course the old cow he is using wants to tag along and he knows that i cant be alone in the car with her because she might have no hair left:) hassan is always the man his family uses to accompany me places...when i was working for his uncle saber, it would be, 'ya salah, take tami home...hassan, go with them'. looool

egyptian mafia [Big Grin]

Posts: 2757 | From: YOU CAN ONLY SEE WHAT I CHOOSE TO SHOW, THERE IS SO MUCH MORE YOU JUST DONT KNOW | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiled
Member # 14410

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Exiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Eid Mubarak everyone [Smile] Eid is tomorrow for us as well [Smile]

Eid Sa3eed to you and everyone else [Smile] What a wonderful and pleasant surprise. [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

The Turkish government is 2/2, right Shah!

Exiled
Member # 14410

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Exiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Eid Sa3eed to you and everyone else [Smile] What a wonderful and pleasant surprise. [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

Exiled
Member # 14410

Kul aam wentum bukhair

Eid finally arrived and a day earlier I might add. It’s shaping up better than I expected and kicked off with coffee in bed. A stratagem to get me out of bed for Eid prayer at the mosque and I’m glad I did because it was nice. The Imam gave a short 10 minute sermon about the importance of visiting friends and family during this ‘great day’, he also emphasized the importance of helping out the poor and giving extra sadaqat on this day, so they too could enjoy the festiveness. After the mosque we went to Hamada restaurant and had fatah, mutabal, hummus, fellafill, etc. Much more than we could eat but what the heck it was the first time we ate in over a month during day light.

Well I’ll see you guys in a month or two or maybe a year or two. I mentioned this in order to avert any speculation if I do prolong my absence … not that anyone cares about poor ol’me. [Razz] But yes I plan to take my writing seriously for once and I’ll be frank with you guy this is my prime to continue traveling for prolonged periods and do what I want to do. There is enormous pressure on me to settle down and have a child, settle down and buy a house. So if I do in fact abstain from ES for a long while, do me a favor and chill with the rumors, I will without a doubt be back and I will continue to post pics, posts, recipes etc but for now: you guys be good, be safe and despite our differences and the oddities of ES, it is still a pretty good place online, especially to learn about how other people are living across the world.

Later

'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

quote:
quote:

Eid Mubarak Excile [Smile]

I think only Egypt is fasting today [Big Grin]

tom jones
Member # 15768

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tom jones   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its Eid Today for us
Eid Mubarak for every one and i am off to finish the cooking and feed the 40,000 [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Most men are accredited fools shortly after they leave the womb.”

Posts: 1116 | From: WARNING All stressed out & no one to choke | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

The holiday last 9 days Shahrazat?
Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tibe-at-work
Member # 14907

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe-at-work     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hubby has gone home to participate in the party. -10 days alone. Kids and me will have our own fun but I MISS HIM SOOOOO MUCH ALREADY.
I have been alone most of my life because my exhusband worked outside the country for 5-6 days a week but now i have already gotten use to having Gabriel there every day to help and care for my kids and me. My son cant even remember the time before "his papa" moved in with us 1½ year ago.

Posts: 281 | From: Denmark | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Kul aam wentum bukhair

Eid finally arrived and a day earlier I might add. It’s shaping up better than I expected and kicked off with coffee in bed. A stratagem to get me out of bed for Eid prayer at the mosque and I’m glad I did because it was nice. The Imam gave a short 10 minute sermon about the importance of visiting friends and family during this ‘great day’, he also emphasized the importance of helping out the poor and giving extra sadaqat on this day, so they too could enjoy the festiveness. After the mosque we went to Hamada restaurant and had fatah, mutabal, hummus, fellafill, etc. Much more than we could eat but what the heck it was the first time we ate in over a month during day light.

Well I’ll see you guys in a month or two or maybe a year or two. I mentioned this in order to avert any speculation if I do prolong my absence … not that anyone cares about poor ol’me. [Razz] But yes I plan to take my writing seriously for once and I’ll be frank with you guy this is my prime to continue traveling for prolonged periods and do what I want to do. There is enormous pressure on me to settle down and have a child, settle down and buy a house. So if I do in fact abstain from ES for a long while, do me a favor and chill with the rumors, I will without a doubt be back and I will continue to post pics, posts, recipes etc but for now: you guys be good, be safe and despite our differences and the oddities of ES, it is still a pretty good place online, especially to learn about how other people are living across the world.

Later

take care and dont be gone to long.. we sure will miss ya around here.. and if u do decide to have a baby we wanna see the pics asap....
Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never really had to cook for Eid...throughout my marriage we always spent it with the Islamic Center down the street from my house...

http://fiesite.org/

we have a lot of egyptians in my area and most of them own restaurants and stuff so the owner of Queen City Diner in Reading PA paid for the entire mosque to go to Shady Maples in Lancaster (its this huuuuge elegant buffet) for Eid.

Now the mosque has dinner there on campus, but I went last year and they had tons of good arabic foods. But then they had pizzas and stuff for the kids and the women were literally fighting over it and I wasn't even able to get Aleya anything to eat...I was so disgusted I walked out and we went to Red Lobster lol:)

oh wow exiled thanks...now I know what th text message I got last night means looool....i dont have any idea who in the hell its from either! i have so many arabic friends in so many states im lost!

they wrote: Kol 3am w antom b kheer.
973 area code...what is that!?

i wrote back who is this but now i feel bad! i have to send them happy eid words now....

im a retard!

Posts: 2757 | From: YOU CAN ONLY SEE WHAT I CHOOSE TO SHOW, THERE IS SO MUCH MORE YOU JUST DONT KNOW | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
its new jersey:)

awwwww my little vampire partner in crime heehee:)

Aliym
Member # 12012

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aliym     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Eid to everyone,,And I'd like to address a special happy eid to smucks,Newcomer and poltically incorrect,,I dont know if they are still on board or gone...But all of you are certainly missed here.

May Allah makes every one happy on here.

Posts: 712 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tom jones
Member # 15768

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tom jones   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=000844;p=1#000000

--------------------
"Most men are accredited fools shortly after they leave the womb.”

Posts: 1116 | From: WARNING All stressed out & no one to choke | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com