EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » advice on fiance visa

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: advice on fiance visa
clairecooper24
Member # 16490

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for clairecooper24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi i have known my egyptian fiance for about 1 year and 5 months, after talking alot we have decided to get married in uk, well im a little confused with paperwork needed for this i sent him everything he needs from my side to apply but he is having trouble getting the paperowkr he needs......does he need proof that he is not already married for his application? id really like some advice from anyone that has applyed for this. its just anytime i try and get some advice online, im more thn likely to be criticized for wanting to marry a egyptian lol!

Thank you x

Posts: 1 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Claire... you say you've known him 17 months... How much time have you actually spent with him, in person??
Nobody will criticise you for wanting to marry an Egyptian...
But you will probably get advice.
The immigration process is long and tedious, but possible.

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LovedOne
Member # 10222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://visajourney.com/forums/index.php?act=home

This site should have all of the information that you need. It could be a little confusing from the front page, but all the information is on the site somewhere. The guides and forums are very useful for actual visa information and probably your best bet at finding what you need.
Just beware if you venture into the off-topic forums... lol
I would advise against it until you have the information that you need from the other forums and guides.
If you're applying for a fiance visa, you'll want K-1 information. That information is at the very top of the forums.
Best wishes.

Posts: 1283 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbrbddd
Member # 3891

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbrbddd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LovedOne:
http://visajourney.com/forums/index.php?act=home

This site should have all of the information that you need. It could be a little confusing from the front page, but all the information is on the site somewhere. The guides and forums are very useful for actual visa information and probably your best bet at finding what you need.
Just beware if you venture into the off-topic forums... lol
I would advise against it until you have the information that you need from the other forums and guides.
If you're applying for a fiance visa, you'll want K-1 information. That information is at the very top of the forums.
Best wishes.

That site is for U.S. immigrations . . . the OP is asking about the UK.
Posts: 895 | From: NorthTexas, USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think visajourney is for US visas and Claire is from UK. www. UK resident.com will probably be of more help.
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bumfegypt
Member # 16494

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bumfegypt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DON'T RUIN YOUR LIFE!
Posts: 14 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LovedOne
Member # 10222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, my bad. [Big Grin]
I guess there must be sites like it though for people from the UK or other countries.

Posts: 1283 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes Loved One!! Anything that can help [Big Grin]
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caterpilla
Member # 16147

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caterpilla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by clairecooper24:
hi i have known my egyptian fiance for about 1 year and 5 months, after talking alot we have decided to get married in uk, well im a little confused with paperwork needed for this i sent him everything he needs from my side to apply but he is having trouble getting the paperowkr he needs......does he need proof that he is not already married for his application? id really like some advice from anyone that has applyed for this. its just anytime i try and get some advice online, im more thn likely to be criticized for wanting to marry a egyptian lol!

Thank you x

HOW DARE YOU consider marrying someone you have been speaking to for 1 year and 5 months without even informing us!
You must first get approval from Egyptsearch before persuing this relationship, do you understand?

Right, now tell your fiancé that you will not marry him until you have known him for 10 years, have a full background check on his family and have lived in Egypt ALONE and are able to join our advisory panel.

I cannot believe that you dared to have a relationship without these precautions in place. Next time you must go down the local pub and meet someone from there, its must safer.

[Wink] [Big Grin]

see you in 8.5 years. Then we will talk.

Posts: 431 | From: England | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
freshsoda
Member # 13226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for freshsoda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by clairecooper24:

Thank you x

Hiya Claire, I will assume your are British as EU nationality has different rules under EU. Important two conditions for settlement UK visa are both of you above 21 years as Home Office has raised the age to reduce forced marriage among Muslim communities and second you MUST have met each others before. you have to send pictures to prove that and previous flight tickets.

He must submit his original birth certificate and certified copy of your passport. If you are divorced you will have to send him your Decree Absolute notarized from the court or second original.Also Bank statements both and Employer letters for both of you,his degree certificate.All docs shall be original.

If he is single and never married he doesn’t have to prove that ,other than he will mark his status as single in the fiancé application and later he will signed as all information are genuine. He will have to submit letter written by him or typed and he sign it, describing everything from A to Z about your relation and his future plans in UK as well as your letter as sponsor for him.

Note that fiancé visa if will be granted for him it will be for 6 months. He will not be able to work until you get married and then gets permit from HO for 2 years like family permit then once he gets it he will be eligible to work. So you will have to prove to British embassy, you are stable in your work, have adequate accommodation to live together and can afford both of you without claiming public funds. Your minimum income for you to be suitable for the embassy shall be 95.5₤ per week after all expenses and taxes as the minimum standard of UK living. did you send P60 & P45?

Regarding getting married to Egyptian or Romanian or American or even British. If he loves you and serious about family so you will discover that. if not you will also by little tricks can discover that, try to ask him plenty of questions about his perspective with you and what he will do when he will be there? what he has found in you different? why he loves you?…etc. So if he will be granted that visa for 6 months, try to not get married unless 3 months pass and you can decide if he is Mr. Right or not…cheers

Posts: 653 | From: Great Manchester | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miss Sharm
Member # 12405

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miss Sharm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Claire,

There might be some info from other members in this thread that is useful to you.

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=004927;p=1#000000

Whatever you decide to do good luck [Smile]

Amanda x

Posts: 1244 | From: we come in peace | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marydot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Arabic

English

Wish you Good luck as it not a easy process

[Big Grin]

Posts: 1048 | From: If you are given a blessing you may be envied | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chelsea
Member # 16298

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for chelsea     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
fortunatly there have made it much harder now to get a visa into the UK and once here even harder to stay, its now based on a points system and they have to take the Life in the UK test to stay....
Good Luck your going to need it.
Ps
Also there in no work in the UK he will find it very hard now to find any kind of employment.

Posts: 81 | From: england | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i see that the egyptian man has noticed that american women have caught onto their little internet marriage scams and are moving on to the UK.

9 times outta 10 hun, they are either married OR wanna get married but cant scrape the money up in egypt to do so.

i know too many egyptian men who married western broads, then later went back home to 'visit; egypt and got married...with HER money and years pass before she finds out that he has 3 kids with the hoe.

again this is what i have seen with my own eyes...not heard around town.

Posts: 2757 | From: YOU CAN ONLY SEE WHAT I CHOOSE TO SHOW, THERE IS SO MUCH MORE YOU JUST DONT KNOW | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marydot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I worked in emigration so I have seen this type of scams before with internet relationships,the guy tell the girl he loves her she falls for it,he will do anything possible to leave his country.Does not matter if the woman is older than him.This apply's to all coming inbound nationalities to the uk,seen it a dozen times.Many visa's are refused first time round because they can not provide enough evidence the relationship is real.99% first time visa's are rejected. Sorry ladies be careful out there. [Big Grin] so glad i will be marrying the man i met in the uk yes he is Egyptian and has British citizenship. [Big Grin] so life is much easier. [Razz]
Posts: 1048 | From: If you are given a blessing you may be envied | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
freshsoda
Member # 13226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for freshsoda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see guys that you are unfortunately judging by nationalities which is totally wrong. You can find very poor American who may have access to internet and has known woman lives in Europe or UK then they agreed for marriage after she visited him and he believes its better for them to go to UK and live there. When you know about that story, would you directly call it scams and you will warn that woman from married to American?? Or because he is American it means he is innocent??

Another scenario. Rich Egyptian who works in a prestige Bank in great position or own his business. He loves woman in Europe or America online and prefer to go there and married to start new life and may find way to work in good position there or have also business. Would you directly call it scams because he is Egyptian means scammer??

Another Scenario. poor British woman, claim benefits from gov to support her life, she is above 30 years, wants to have family, kids, husband and happy stable life to find warm when she return back tired to home but she cant find that in her male friends around her who prefer to not get married and put off the idea to have kids in their first years, she only hears stories in her work of cheating and how x left y for z..she sees her biological clock is going to be zero soon and she doesn't want to have a British guy who doesn't want to get married thinking he is still young, watching football most of day with beers in hand and going to pubs with his friends at night,while she is alone at home.

So she decided to find somebody online and later she loved x who lives in Asia or Africa and she knows that in their countries marriage and family have great values and guys there get married younger. She decided it’s the chance for her to help him come to UK and married to have kids and husband…what you will say now? May be because she is poor, so that guy who will come, his life would be worse than his life in his country because she will not be able to get benefits as single and her flat rent to council will be more higher because she has partner at home. The guy has to work in low level jobs where British feel disgust to work for, with 5.5 ₤ per hour, baby in the way and the guy has to work more and more hours to cover expenses. Now will not that guy think it was better for him to stay at his country?

Btw, look to that records and try to find Egypt:

Where immigrants to the UK come from

1 India 92,000
2 Australia 78,000
3 Poland 69,000
4 South Africa 63,000
5 US 50,000
6 China 49,000
7 Pakistan 46,000
8 Germany 43,000
9 France 28,000
10 New Zealand 27,000
11 Spain 27,000
12 Philippines 20,000
13 Nigeria 19,000
14 Japan 17,000
15 Bangladesh 17,000

Where British citizens choose to emigrate

1 Australia 71,000
2 Spain 58,000
3 France 42,000
4 New Zealand 30,000
5 US 25,000
6 Canada 17,000
7 Netherlands 8,000
8 UAE 7,000
9 Germany 6,000
10 South Africa 6,000

Thousands more Britons join the exodus to live and work abroad

Posts: 653 | From: Great Manchester | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
People can live and work where they like..Iam just saying what i know because i use to work in emigration that is all!!! seen it with all nationalities!!! unfortunately the internet is one of the highest on the list for scamming.
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is, and it is logical too. Immigrants are almost always an immigrant because of economical reasons. Every country has its own immigrations-laws, and every country has a certain rate of 'attractiveness'.
Australia, which is number one, on aboves list, has very strict immigration-laws, as almost every attractive ( read: rich) country has.
I never heard about Egyptians immigrating to Sudan after falling in love with a Sudanese woman. People simply don't immigrate to countries that are poorer, having more bad life cicrumstances, low futurious prospects etc.
So, you have to take the statistics from poorer countries as an example; where do they immigrate to? And why? Because of having a job or because of marriage?
Take a look at thát statistics!

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ?????:
People simply don't immigrate to countries that are poorer, having more bad life cicrumstances, low futurious prospects etc.

I think there are many just on this board alone that prove that one wrong!! [Wink]
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And they still are a minority, Ayisha. There are going out more as there are coming in. In the rich countries it is the opposite.

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chelsea
Member # 16298

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for chelsea     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have heard of at least 5 egyptians arriving here in the UK in the last 2 years who arrived then shortly after left their english wife who got them here, the freedom and different life style was over whelming and sent them magnoona, in realality they only came for the visa and had no intentions of staying with the women that got them here. One only stayed with his wife and baby for a month then left, she withdraw her sponsor application asap another one waited until his ILR went in then caused arguments and left he thought he was home dry, but his application was soon withdrawn, he is now in the UK illeagally and will soon be deported back.
Take care be careful get to know this man for a least 5 years otherwise your application and money will be lost and refused,

Posts: 81 | From: england | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
freshsoda
Member # 13226

quote:
Originally posted by ?????:

I never heard about Egyptians immigrating to Sudan after falling in love with a Sudanese woman. People simply don't immigrate to countries that are poorer, having more bad life cicrumstances, low futurious prospects etc.
So, you have to take the statistics from poorer countries as an example; where do they immigrate to? And why? Because of having a job or because of marriage?
Take a look at thát statistics!

There are no poor and rich countries now I think so. There are rich people who live in poor countries or poor people who live in rich countries and the opposite. For example there are many British who prefer to move to east Europe like Bulgaria, Slovakia who have low standard of living. So sterling pound will be stretched more to buy big house with huge land for half price if it were bought in UK. They do the same in South Africa, Thailand.. etc they are average Britons in UK but in these low economy countries they will be treated as rich and enjoy better standard of life without taxes. So it doesn’t mean coz they are citizen of UK it means they're not demanded for better life even if that life will be in China or Malaysia.

You asked to find statistics from poor countries where people immigrate. But who are that poor countries? Is it India, China, US or UK??

US has the highest debit in the world with 10.6 Trillion
India whose economy will overtake UK, Italy and France soon.
China that USA is begging her to save the world economy
Or UK who is in the worst financial crises in the human history

Well, people in low economy or poor countries as you say, they simply immigrate to the countries which accept new immigrants like Canada, Australia, NZ, US, UK incase if they are high skills and its different than immigration for joining family.

You have seen in the list above that even people in rich countries if you like to call rich it as UK, they also immigrate to another countries that are lower economy than UK like SA or NZ for better life.

Its not only people in poor countries who immigrate but also who are in rich countries as well.

Egyptian will not go to marry from Sudan coz of skin color, or African American. But also they don’t get married from Japanese.Its not coz of the country but coz of race..

The world now is in reshaping. Rich and poor people are same, they are demanded for better life and they will do their best to achieve it by immigration, by marriage or whatever way.We are in a one big country, everybody seek help of God.

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
For years and years the number of people who left the economic 'rich' countries in Western Europe, the USA and Australia and New Sealand, were lower as the ones who entered.
I think this is a fact you can use in viewing the point.
The only reason is economic wellfare.
These countries offered a package of social certainties for every citizen, no matter rich or poor. The poor in these countries are not to comparise with the poor in a country like Egypt.
A poor man in these countries still has health-care, housing, education, freedom and RIGHTS.
No matter the skin-colour, the religion, the gender, each and everyone has the same rights.
Even this package of freedom and rights sounds highly attractive to an Egyptian, even if they should be poor in Western point of view. It is more as they ever dreamed of, and more as they ever would get in their own country.
So, YES, in my opinion, a poor woman in Europe always will be a better option. Because she can offer him things he never would get in his own country.

But, the world is changing. More and more Europeans take their package of money and other possessions to immigrate to a country which probably offers them more as they could get right now. THEIR reasons to immigrate are in fact, very much the same as the reasons why an Egyptian likes to immigrate to the US or EU.
They try to build a better life in another country. There are farmers, who are bounded by new laws and regulations, who can ge more possibilities in a country like Canada. There are the so called adventurers who start a bed and breakfast in a new holiday destination like Tsjechia, and so on. MANY fail, and they have the right to fall back to the social certainties of their original country, which often happens.

You offered me another point of view, but didnt convince me, Freshsoda. Because in my opinion, a rich man in Egypt doesn't have the wish to immigrate. People immigrate because the want a better life, and when your life already is good, they stay were they are.

There is only one reason left where my story doesn't count: the rich man who doesnt want to immigrate, or hasn't got the possibility to immigrate, who falls in love with a foreign woman. He never had plans in that direction, he wasn't active on the internet to find someone, but it happened, let's say by a (business) trip, or during a holiday. It will be his honour to offer his new wife a life between his own family. Because there is, where his fortune is, there is what he doesnt want to leave: a good life.

--------------------

chelsea
Member # 16298

Rate Member
[Wink]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com