EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Advise for a good friend

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Advise for a good friend
Miss Daisy
Member # 17494

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miss Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all,
So here it is. My friend is from Trinidad and she is married to an Egyptian, they have been married since January and things have been going wrong for a while. Today after a mega fight he decided he will divorce her. The problem is she is 15 days away from getting her 5 yr residence visa. He is threatening to mess with that (his father, who hates her, works in the ministry of immigration and man power) So how long does a divorce here take? Is there anywhere she can go to get advise? What are her rights in the situation? Thanks in advance for any help

Posts: 17 | From: cairo | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
malimaz
Member # 17616

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for malimaz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well he can apply for the divorce and its processed rather fast, if a female requests it, then it can take some time. But if his father works at the MOIMP, he can have her papers revoked even by buying them off. But tell her, that she can get a touristic visa for a year just by paying a fee to renew it each time at least until she figures things out.
Posts: 108 | From: Egypt | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HiMyNameIs
Member # 17124

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HiMyNameIs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A divorce here takes the amount of time required for a man to say I divorce you three times. In your friends situation however he would have to more than likely file an actual paper to divorce her at the ministry of foreigner affairs(could be done in 1 day), then he would report to the mogamma visa section that they were no longer married and her visa would become invalid and she would not be able to get it renewed as a residence visa. She would need to apply for the tourist one. If they have children, at least I know if they have a son then she would be able to get a residence visa to stay because of her son being Egyptian, it does not matter the childs age.

Other than that she has no rights, unless there are any set out in her marriage contract. As for advice, I would suggest her embassy.

Posts: 44 | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com