EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Anthropology of Beauty (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Anthropology of Beauty
_Masrawi_
Member # 9597

Icon 1 posted      Profile for _Masrawi_     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cosmogirl:
I am olive skinned, long black hair, and have pale green eyes. I am Native American and Irish. I wear a size 8 and am 5'8. My husband is Egyptian and Turkish. He is very tall and lean, 6'2 195 and black haired brown eyed and olive skinned as well. We look like Omar Sharif and Sophia Loren, and I LOVE how he looks, and he calls me his "Playboy" wife. Looks attracted us to each other initially, and the process of falling in love has made us even MORE attracitve to each other. I work a full time job, as does he, but when I get home first at night, I am sure to tidy the house start the water for tea, and change into something attractive that will please him to see. He makes me RUN towards my femininity, and the more I am feminine, the more MASCULINE and sexy he gets. We make it a point to STAY physical when we are together, we are constantly touching.

Good lord I can argue all day with people at work, when I get home I want love and laughter.

We are two of the happiest people we know. Always.

And i am the King of Norway ... nice to meet u.
Posts: 2049 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
frienda
Member # 7776

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for frienda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now I have a big question since you are Egyptian and I'm assuming that you live in the West. Why is it, that the Egyptians and the other Arabs who emigrate to the West pick the ugliest blond women available? Here in Dallas we call them Wal-Mart blondes because they all tend to have unattractive figures, have very plain jane facial features,absolutely no social grace or class,and have heaps of psychological and family issues. I knew this one Palestinian guy who was engaged to this blonde who already had 4 kids from 4 different men, one Pakistani who is dating this psychotic highly drugg addicted blond and I can continue and continue with these examples. Even when I was in Egypt, I saw this couple at the train station, the guy was Egyptian and the girl was another run of the mill Wal-Mart blonde. I don't know how a man could be proud to have such kind of women next to him. I often wonder why they don't date the beautiful Neiman Marcus/Bergodorf type blondes that look fresh out of a fashion magazine if they really want to have a blonde next to their arm. I have never seen an Arab date a beautiful white woman here in America. Can you explain this theory to me?

quote:
Originally posted by - Maz -:
Hello I'm new to this, this is an interesting conversation [Smile] I would say egys like white and blond women, rather than chubby ones, because being white and blond is a sign of beauty here..

Posts: 87 | From: cleveland | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by frienda:
Now I have a big question since you are Egyptian and I'm assuming that you live in the West. Why is it, that the Egyptians and the other Arabs who emigrate to the West pick the ugliest blond women available? Here in Dallas we call them Wal-Mart blondes because they all tend to have unattractive figures, have very plain jane facial features,absolutely no social grace or class,and have heaps of psychological and family issues. I knew this one Palestinian guy who was engaged to this blonde who already had 4 kids from 4 different men, one Pakistani who is dating this psychotic highly drugg addicted blond and I can continue and continue with these examples. Even when I was in Egypt, I saw this couple at the train station, the guy was Egyptian and the girl was another run of the mill Wal-Mart blonde. I don't know how a man could be proud to have such kind of women next to him. I often wonder why they don't date the beautiful Neiman Marcus/Bergodorf type blondes that look fresh out of a fashion magazine if they really want to have a blonde next to their arm. I have never seen an Arab date a beautiful white woman here in America. Can you explain this theory to me?
[

Don't you think that is more of a *class* issue than a cultural issue? Oh I know I sound like a total snob, but what kind of educational and professional backgrounds do these guys have who are tramping around with the *What Not To Wear* crowd? [Big Grin]
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_Masrawi_
Member # 9597

Icon 1 posted      Profile for _Masrawi_     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snoozin:
quote:
[

Don't you think that is more of a *class* issue than a cultural issue? Oh I know I sound like a total snob, but what kind of educational and professional backgrounds do these guys have who are tramping around with the *What Not To Wear* crowd? [Big Grin]
This is SUCH a complicated issue that i dare not touch it ...

Having said that, let me assure u that i did date the "beautiful Neiman Marcus/Bergodorf type blondes that look fresh out of a fashion magazine" and not the "Wal-Mart blondes". [Big Grin]

Posts: 2049 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by _Masrawi_:

Having said that, let me assure u that i did date the "beautiful Neiman Marcus/Bergodorf type blondes that look fresh out of a fashion magazine" and not the "Wal-Mart blondes". [Big Grin]

So you are confirming my theory...at least on your end.
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_Masrawi_
Member # 9597

quote:
Originally posted by Snoozin:
quote:
Originally posted by _Masrawi_:

So you are confirming my theory...at least on your end.
How so?
Schwarma
Member # 9632

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Schwarma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your Highness, I am pleased to meet you!
Posts: 31 | From: US | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_Masrawi_
Member # 9597

quote:
Originally posted by Schwarma:
Your Highness, I am pleased to meet you!

Nice to meet you too ...
foreignluvr
Member # 5854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreignluvr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

quote:
Hello I'm new to this, this is an interesting conversation [Smile] I would say egys like white and blond women, rather than chubby ones, because being white and blond is a sign of beauty here..

Frienda,

I don't know about Dallas but I live in Atlanta
and I know several Arab/Egyptians here that have very nice looking girlfriends.....

Posts: 895 | From: Atlanta, GA. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melati
Member # 9610

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well here in Sydney the arab guys tend to go for the lean and long western girls-not necessarily blond. You wouldnt see too many " wal mart" ( is that like kmart?)
varieties to be honest. We are an outdoor beach nation here on the coast so we do compete against each other to look slim-competitive pilates and yoga LOL.
I have noticed though that it is the african boys and sometimes north african eg algerians //morrocans who seem to exclusively prefer blonde girlfriends who are shall we say on the heavier side.I always thought it was the skin contrasts that was the attraction? I dont know-my ex husband is chinese indonesian and you sure dont see many of them with a big hefferlump on their arms-that would be totally out of propertion!!!!
Blondes here in sydney tend to age really quickly due to the harsh sun. Its actually better to be not, or to stay out of the sun as much as you possibly possibly can.I always think brunettes are more attractive anyhow( yes because I am one haha)

Posts: 872 | From: Sydney | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
frienda
Member # 7776

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for frienda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yea, when I lived in Australia I noticed that the blondes aged super quick. Of course, this is the country with the highest skin cancer. When I came back to the US from OZ, everyone was surprised by how dark my skin had become. I had never been so dark in my life before. The sun is super strong. However, the men look super cute as they age over there. I never really spent time in Sydney actually one night to be honest. I ended up living in Melbourne for 2 months and my agency could'nt find enough work for me. So my roomate who was from Perth suggested I become a bartender in the Western Australian outback so I did, and it was probably the best time of my life! I love Western Australia. It's so isolated and the people are sooo nice and real. However, I never met any Americans and not that many foreigners there and that's mostly because they visit the East Coast. Are you originally from Australia or did you emigrate there? I'm considering going back to either Broome or the Kimberely region to bartend for half a year or so. It's such a beautiful part of the world!
quote:
Originally posted by Melati:
Well here in Sydney the arab guys tend to go for the lean and long western girls-not necessarily blond. You wouldnt see too many " wal mart" ( is that like kmart?)
varieties to be honest. We are an outdoor beach nation here on the coast so we do compete against each other to look slim-competitive pilates and yoga LOL.
I have noticed though that it is the african boys and sometimes north african eg algerians //morrocans who seem to exclusively prefer blonde girlfriends who are shall we say on the heavier side.I always thought it was the skin contrasts that was the attraction? I dont know-my ex husband is chinese indonesian and you sure dont see many of them with a big hefferlump on their arms-that would be totally out of propertion!!!!
Blondes here in sydney tend to age really quickly due to the harsh sun. Its actually better to be not, or to stay out of the sun as much as you possibly possibly can.I always think brunettes are more attractive anyhow( yes because I am one haha)

Posts: 87 | From: cleveland | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ngeg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I like Nancy Agram, but prefer Haifa Wahby lol But I think they can't compete with Nicole Kidman [Smile]

This only proves that ur taste sucks! Nicole Kidman is soooooo ugly! I think she s one of the ugliest women alive... If u had mentioned Missy Eliot I'd still think u made a point. But Nicole kidman!!! Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuk!!!
Thank you god for saving Tom Cruise.

Posts: 1813 | From: Cairo | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ngeg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Now I have a big question since you are Egyptian and I'm assuming that you live in the West. Why is it, that the Egyptians and the other Arabs who emigrate to the West pick the ugliest blond women available? Here in Dallas we call them Wal-Mart blondes because they all tend to have unattractive figures, ....

Here in Dubai I have noticed that Egyptians don't have the greatest taste when it comes to women. BUT lebanese guys always hang out with the best looking girls ever.
They are even picky when it comes to one night stands!!
And it's amazing how "foreign/blond/white skinned" women fall for lebanese.

But when it comes to rich foreign khaliji/Emiratis, they RARELY go for "foreign" women. Usually Lebanese, Egyptian, Moroccan and Iranians.

I'd say from a female point of view, Iranian women are perfection when it comes to beauty. And I find that Iranian women here are every European/white skinned/"foreign" man's dream.
Generalization for the sake of the topic of course.

Posts: 1813 | From: Cairo | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
- Maz -
Member # 9764

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for - Maz -     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Ngeg,

Nice talking to you for the first time, and I'm really sorry that you don't like my taste.

But I really find Nicole Kidman very classy, pretty, and attractive. I like the way she acts, and had a big crush on her when I was 14 [Smile]

Of course she's not the only woman in the world I find attractive. It's just that I tried to give (maybe somewhat.. I'd say.. unsuccessfully) an example.

It's interesting you mentioned Iranian women, because (sorry for my ignorance) I haven't had any interaction with any Iranian woman till very recently, and yes.. you are right.. many of them are really pretty. The other "discovery" I recently made are Pakistani women, some of them are very attractive too.

But at the end I would say that beauty is in the famous eye of the beholder - or do we exist in the eyes of the others? (Do you know the song of The Sisters of Mercy called "When you don't see me"?)

It was nice talking to you and I wish you a beautiful Monday.

Maz

Posts: 88 | From: Brasilia, DF, Brazil | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
- Maz -
Member # 9764

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for - Maz -     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Frienda,

Sorry for my late reply, but i wasn't online in the last days - too much work and not enough coffee lol

Well, to start with, I'm Egyptian / German, and lived in 6 countries so far. I have been in Egypt for a year, and look forward to my next assignment in 2006, but have no idea where "they" want to send me next.

In reply to your question, I find it is a very interesting and keen observation, and - at the risk of generalizing - I think it could also be really well applicable in a some instances.

Could it be that the people in the examples you gave are like.. well like.. shy? lol

I know my answer isn't very intelligent and seems simplistic, but could it be that they don't have the means to approach "the beautiful Neiman Marcus/Bergodorf type blondes that look fresh out of a fashion magazine" as you beautifully put it?

I mean maybe it's because they don't speak the language well, because they don't have the financial means, or because she's just too good to be true - to the extent that they become speechless at the sight of such a woman? [Smile]

Have a nice day,

Maz

Posts: 88 | From: Brasilia, DF, Brazil | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
quote:
Hi Ngeg,

Nice talking to you for the first time, and I'm really sorry that you don't like my taste.

It was nice talking to you and I wish you a beautiful Monday.

Maz

Mashaallah, very polite. I'm touched. It's ok if u like Nicole. She's creepy, but it's ok. Forgiven.
- Maz -
Member # 9764

Member Rated:
lol thank you [Smile]

Emirati women are attractive too, I think. I especially like the way they dress, it gives this.. I would call it.. mystery.. in my opinion [Smile] - but then I must confess that I never talked to one. Are they nice?

Melati
Member # 9610

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like that poem ballad of the moon by lorca maz.
But I only can read it in english.

Posts: 872 | From: Sydney | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aren't there an awful lot of Egyptian men in this world? How can we say that all Egyptian men like fat blondes? Or all Egyptian men like slim blondes. Or all Egyptian men love Europeans/Americans/ etc. Why don't we take a survey here on the board. All ladies with Egyptian men give us the specifics. Height, size, hair color, hair length, eye color, etc. I'm sure we will see that Egyptian men like men all over the world have different tastes depending on the individual man. I'll go first...

Height-5'6"

Size- 12/14 (and no I don't have enormous hips and ass)

Hair color-medium chesnut brown with auburn highlights (my natural hair color is medium brown, I had blonde highlights put in it but my habibi prefers my hair dark...hmmm he's Egyptian why didn't he love the blonde [Confused] , it is no longer blonde)

hair length-I have longer hair, little bit past the shoulders with face framing layers

eye color-light brown

skin tone-fair

Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melati
Member # 9610

Member Rated:
Okydoky-about 171 cm
size 10-12( lately toward 12....)
dark curly hair that I wear straightened-just about mid neck length, kind of choppy style shorter at the back of neck, with a long blunt fringe.
Fair skinned with freckles
green eyes

daria1975
Member # 6244

fair skinned....Melati.....how do you keep from burning there in Sydney? [Eek!]

I have to wear SPF 30 here in DC, and trust me, the sun is nowhere near as harsh here as Australia...

Asoom
Member # 8611

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Asoom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sonomod:
quote:

Well that will explain why I had the words "Nancy Ajram" sneered at me so many times.

Yeah thats one nice thing about the Hijab, less attention.

is nancy Ajram Blond??? [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 968 | From: www | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Asoom
Member # 8611

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Asoom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
lol thank you [Smile]

Emirati women are attractive too, I think. I especially like the way they dress, it gives this.. I would call it.. mystery.. in my opinion [Smile] - but then I must confess that I never talked to one. Are they nice?

NOooooooooo
Posts: 968 | From: www | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melati
Member # 9610

Member Rated:
Snoozin we refuse to enter sunlight between 11 and 3 pm. We wear long cotton shirts and big floppy hats to stave off the sun and sunscreen is applied head to foot every day at least twice. Fake tanning spray in the salon is what the girlies do these days-some of them turn out ok! Still a bit orangey though...Ive never done it myself-I am not convinced the stuff wont kill you later on, but thats just me( paranoidLOL)
Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
quote:
lol thank you [Smile]

They are! But very spoiled, too. Lots of them work in banks and government projects and foreign men working with them are driven crazy by the Emiratis exaggerated perfumes and make up. The fact that they can look, stare and even flirt with them, but never date them frustrates foreigners as well.

(Btw, lots of Emiratis and Bahrainis are mixed with Iranians)

Anyways, it's widely spread in the gulf area that kuwaiti women are the prettiest of them all.

- Maz -
Member # 9764

Member Rated:
Hi Ngeg [Smile]

It's funny you mentioned exaggerated perfumes, the secretary here is nice, but she suffocates me on a daily basis lol

I noticed many Egyptians complain about Kuwaitis and Saudi Arabians being kind of arrogant - is this true?

Bye,

Maz

Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
quote:
Hi Ngeg [Smile]

It's funny you mentioned exaggerated perfumes, the secretary here is nice, but she suffocates me on a daily basis lol

I noticed many Egyptians complain about Kuwaitis and Saudi Arabians being kind of arrogant - is this true?

Bye,

Maz

Maz,
Like Oprah winfrey said..ppl treat u as u ALLOW them to treat you.
I don't find them arrogant when they know they r talking to a fellow human being with equal rights and obligations regardless of positions.
BUT..when a human being allows others to deal with him/her as a commodity. Hellllooooo u can sell, buy, exchange, give away or get rid of any commodity on earth. So it's no surprise u deal with "it" w an Atittude!

Plus, ppl have preferences. I could say the same about lebanese! ANYTIME! But hey, generalization is bad...so i won't.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com