EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Does anybody have anything nice to say about egyptian men??? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Does anybody have anything nice to say about egyptian men???
get-over-it
Member # 8447

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for get-over-it     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rubyroo:
I'd be very very careful. Why is he telling you that the internet cafe costs so much? I've just come out of a bad experience with an Egyptian guy. I thought he loved me and wanted me for me, but it turned out that he was just like the stereotypical cads you read about on here. Listen to your gut instinct and your doubts. And don't hold your breath about him paying for anything. You will probably be sadly dissapointed.

That's so sad, rubyroo - I remember reading your story a few months ago and wondering how it would work out. Hope you're ok and not too bruised by the whole experience. Have you just got home from Egypt?
Posts: 172 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ninaegypt
Member # 12033

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ninaegypt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a very good egyptian man, we met when I was on holiday in Sharm El Sheikh, I came back every so often over 9 months for 1 and 2 week holidays we texted and called each other all the time, then 2 years ago I moved to sharm on a permanent basis, we live together and our life has grown good together, we have now married and are expecting our first child at the biginning of december.

There are good and bad men everywhere, before I met my now husband I was living in the UK with no plans of what to do in the future I was in a mentally abusive relationship with a british guy for 3 years, so were ever you go there are good and bad everywhere, you just got got follow your instincts that is what I did, I told him I had no money (not that he asked) he paid for everything when I came to visit and now we are living together he has started his own business and is the main bread winner in our house.

--------------------
good bye

Posts: 2 | From: Sharm | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaZeeZ
Member # 10655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaZeeZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
50 pounds /half hour and you talk twice a week. this means he spends 400 pounds on internet per month besides he looks after his parents... how much is his salary again?!

I like you!

Posts: 1539 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SayWhatYouSee:
Smuckers, although we don't know each other, I hope you will accept my warm congratulations on your pregnancy. You must be over the moon!

I feel like we know each other (funny how it works on the message boards, eah?).....but thanks all the same for the well wishes [Smile]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks to Tibe and Queenbee for advice and congrats [Wink] .
I was beginning to think something is wrong with me, strange dreams EVERYNIGHT and some really bad, too! One night I drempt I was caring for baby newborn birds and they were all dying and then when they died I had to EAT THEM! YUKKKK

Been sleeping more at night but no naps yet. I do get tired really easily but we get out to walk every evening if possible.

Kinda scared to have a baby in Egypt, do they have epidurals here ?? [Confused]

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
smuckers, epidurals can damage your back!!

Learn the 'panting'. Childbirth is natural, grab the gas and air if they have that though [Big Grin] its great!

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree. They can also do more damage than that. My old neighbor had one and it got air in her spine. She got horrible migraines as a result. I would NEVER get an epidural *shudder*. Natural is the way to go..just remember it will be over eventually and you'll have that baby as a reward.

quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:

Learn the 'panting'. Childbirth is natural, grab the gas and air if they have that though [Big Grin] its great!

Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:

Epidurals was sent from GOD.......Atleast I thought so when I was giving birth to my first child. The second I didnt felt like I needed it and I'll get back to you on the 3 in a couple of years [Big Grin]
Posts: 1215 | From: Nowhere | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ninaegypt
Member # 12033

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ninaegypt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi smuckers when are you due, I am due the beginning of december, feels like I have been pregnant forever, I was concerned also about having the baby here but after people who have had the experience it sounds ok.

In regards to the epidural I agree with the others its not for me, just hand me the gas and air and I will be happy (and probably squeezing my husbands balls the whole time) will probably swear alot too.

About the dreams I have had some strange ones also, I gave birth to a baby bird but I did not eat it.

--------------------
good bye

Posts: 2 | From: Sharm | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

LOL I'm due in May so I have plenty of time. Please let me know how your birth experience went here. I was wanting to hear from Snapdragon but I think she had her baby and disappeared
caterpillar
Member # 10438

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for caterpillar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Smuckers and ninaegypt CONGRATULATIONS, dont worry about anything in shaa allah everything will go well...i had same (ish) dreams, very common and epidurals are ok if they are a must. i had one, no problems
Posts: 1017 | From: uk | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caterpillar
Member # 10438

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for caterpillar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mabsoota... i hope all goes well for you, try not to be put off by this site, as has already been said there are dodgy ones everywhere and if he was a gigalo he probably wouldnt be introducing you to the family, but just go with your instincts and have a good time [Smile] i guess the only thing that would ring alarm bells was if you find out stuff on here that contradicts what he's said, eg. internet charges, but you have 9 weeks yet to talk and find out more dont ya, and just look at it as an adventure, you never know whether someone is true until you get to know em, so try not to question it to much (as long as you can afford the trip no prob.
Posts: 1017 | From: uk | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trababe
Member # 11777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for trababe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
congats on ur pregnancy smuckers i had weird dreams too with my third child and three of them were all different ways i murdered my husband lol funnily enough hes still alive but were no longer together maybe i was tellin my self something hahaha
Posts: 477 | From: lancashire england | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rubyroo
Member # 11104

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for rubyroo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blue Skies - I went out to Egypt twice to spend time with the guy. The second time I was supposed to be staying for a month but came back after only 2 and a half weeks. I paid for everything, I was left alone a lot, I was ignored totally while he chatted in Arabic to his mates and worst of all he stole from me. He flatly denied it and even burst into tears at the suggestion, but the money was missing and noone else had been in the room. AND I think he was sleeping with other girls. So I've been back over 2 weeks and never been so happy to be home and back at work! Think I'll remain single.
Posts: 31 | From: england | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow that's terrible, rubyroo. I'm sorry you had to go through that. Remaining single for awhile is probably best. Next time stick to English blokes [Smile]
Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Agreeing with Madame, and I love the word BLOKES, cute. [Big Grin] Thanks Trababe, I continue to have the strange dreams, each night I lay down to sleep (for at least 12 hours straight) I always wonder 'wonder what will happen tonight in my dreams'. I read somewhere it is because of the surge of hormones affecting the brain. It's interesting too because I remember the dreams much better now and they seem to happen every night. However, I am naturally a lucid dreamer so it makes it MORE strange~
ma-egy
Member # 11463

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ma-egy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
there r good egyption men and there r bad egyption men, but sorry to say that 90% of them r ignorent and very controlling... take from one who lived here most of her life.
Posts: 69 | From: cairo | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shebah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am kind of in the same boat that you are in. Only I recently lived in Egypt for 2 months. I stayed in a larger city just outside of his village. I paid the extremely high rent of 1500.00LE/month. You can almost always rent by the day, week, month, etc. I think most start by the week though. I rented mine for 5 days at a time while looking for cheaper digs. My guy paid for everything at first. Because I stayed for 2 months he finally had to except my money. That lasted only about a month and then he paid the 2nd month. Although no one knows about it because he didn't want anyone to disrespect me. See everyone thought we were just friends. I went there for a break and some training.

I visited his village every day. Met the family and friends. Nearly all the men I met were very respectful.

Also, don't even think that it is so easy to stay in a hotel with him, even with separate rooms. Where you're staying might be different because it's high tourist area. I've heard of the Orfi marriage. But still believe me, things like that are way different in Egypt. Each time my bf came to my apartment, if he wasn't out in a few minutes, the doorman was knocking.

Do yourself a favor and learn as much as you can about Egyptian culture. You will feel more comfortable if you do. It will keep you from kicking yourself so much later. Trust me on that one. There is this one thing you should know. Egyptian men look at western women as rich and easy. Ok not all of them, but a lot. Do yourself a favor, and be polite but firm at all times. Demand respect. I tried to be nice and it just doesn't work.

I definately think you should not pay for two rooms. Let him stay home and pick you up in the daytime. But that's my opinion. Also you might consider a hostel. I have heard of some that are very nice, and a lot cheaper than hotel rooms. But by far the cheapest way to go is an apartment.

I feel I should also tell you some things that I've heard from friends that went through this personally. Many guys in Hurghada and Luxor prey on western women. Some even have wives and kids. They often want you to live where you do and send them money. One of my friends went that. Also I have heard first hand that they send one off at the airport and meet another right then and there. Sometimes the whole families are in on it.

All this is meant only to help you protect yourself. I love my guy dearly. I coult not imagine being without him. I truly feel he is one of the good ones. But I still find myself doubting. And for good reason. There is a lot of that kind of thing out there. There are bad Egyptian men. But if you get a good one hang on, they are priceless. Personally from what you've said your guy has sent a few red flags. I would question everything. Then see where it leads. He may be one of the really awesome ones.

I hope you find happiness wherever that may be. Good luck.

--------------------
شكرا و أللام عليكم
شيبى

Posts: 2133 | From: Redneckland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
uklady
Member # 11161

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for uklady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, trust your gut instints about this.
Posts: 142 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hibbah
Member # 12156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hibbah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
im kinda amazed at the person who posted about visiting the guy in his village...
I have some kid things to say about my egyptian
1. Very well mannered
2.Very considerate
3. Very Very friendly and accomadating
4. Intelligent
5. Articulate
6. Funny
7. Honorable
8. caring and loving
9. fun loving, always up for trying new things
10. my best friend
that being said, i didnt meet him on the internet, or in egypt, i met him here in the U.S. He has met my family, i have met his. At one point he had to go to egypt and we spoke on yahoo messenger, and he told me how all the guys sitting in the cafe were talking to American and European girls, telling them romantic things, and talking to multiple girls at once. They do it just to pass the time. As with any online relationship, please be careful. When you're a frustrated young man, stuck in a society with little chance of financial success,its not hard to imagine what a person would do to get out.

Posts: 1967 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amrssnowangel
Member # 6789

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for amrssnowangel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I travel to Cairo, I always rent myself a room in a hotel and my guy comes there to meet me in the lobby and restaurant. They really do keep a watch on the unmarried and won't let us out of their sight. Take it slow. Don't rush to any conclusions. It is a good thing that he takes care of his parents. That is the respectful thing to do there and the right thing to do as well. His family will always come first to him and he may expect you to back him up on that. If you really love him for his HEART and SOUL, then income won't make you happy or sad. You can always learn to do with what God gives. I wouldn't do expecting him to pay for anything. Just go, have fun and get to know HIM. Just watch for warning signs, like HIM asking YOU for money. Also, Internet does NOT cost 50 pound there...more like 6-10 per hour. My guy and I use our cell phones effectively. We ring "hugs" all day. We never answer...just ring. But we KNOW its a hug. We sms and if you want a cheap way to do that try ipipi.com if only one has a cell phone. Yahoo also supports smsing to ones cell phone. Tele3.com has terrific rates on calling to egypt. I pay only .17 cents per minute to call. And..if all else fails, try SNAIL mail. Old fashioned..and yes it still exsists. But CAN be romantic if you are creative with it. Good luck.
Posts: 100 | From: Fredericksburg, VA, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amrssnowangel
Member # 6789

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for amrssnowangel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh and nice things to say about egyptian men? They are like all others worldwide. You must get to know them on an individual level. My experience has all been good. But then I stayed away from ANY that even had a HINT of controlling attitudes. My guy is a gentle giant who is respectful, quiet spoken, polite, protective and very giving. He's never asked me to convert and never tells me what to do...except to get my rest and be safe. When Im there, he may not pay for all, but every day he brings me bottled water, yogurt and fruit. He never leaves without knowing I ate and he never lets me alone to venture the city alone. He makes all my arrangements and provides all my guiding through the city. Money isn't the ONLY thing a man of little means can provide in Egypt.
Posts: 100 | From: Fredericksburg, VA, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cape town girl
Member # 12181

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cape town girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi. I am new here. I have just started dating an Egyptian guy, does anyone have any advice. I am from Cape Town RSA
Posts: 1 | From: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karla
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karla         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cape town girl:
Hi. I am new here. I have just started dating an Egyptian guy, does anyone have any advice. I am from Cape Town RSA

Welcome on ES board! The general advice should be "Be carefull!" [Smile]
Posts: 1414 | From: far away | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tootifrooti
Member # 9824

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tootifrooti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Am I the only one thinking this is a fake post?
Seems like countless others...........
Apologies if i am wrong but it sounds fake [Confused]

Posts: 1500 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tami025
Member # 9181

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tami025     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'they're good in bed, but bad for your head...'

and to the one up top aobut the bad pregnancy dreams, listen to these...
i dreamt i had a son and he ran away from the hospital. we drove around looking for him and he was running across the street, 20 inces tall with a hospital gown on and he ran into some black peoples house.
OR...
i dreamt i rolled my baby up in cigarette paper and smoked her.
whaatda f*ck!!!
lol

Posts: 229 | From: philadelphia, pa, usa | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shebah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with you hibbah about egyptians. But why are you amazed?

I feel the same about my guy, and the people there. I absolutely loved my time there. I was always treated like a queen. But there are those young men who think that when they see a western woman they have a chance at visa and money. When you live in an economy as some of them do, they don't always give up easily. This is first hand knowledge. I had a bad experience with a guy who would wait outside my apartment to try to talk to me. My guy had to stop it.

I think if you have a good one. They are priceless. Hold on to him. But you have to be careful. Time and an open mind tells all eventually, I think.

Skype works well for talking while you are here. For there I always used the phone cards. Can't remember what they were but they were green. We also did a lot of ringing but no answer. Yahoo while I was there was soooo expensive. But yes get creative. If you find something not mentioned on here, let us know. If you do use snail mail, be prepared. It takes a long time sometimes. Sometimes he gets things in 2 weeks. Sometimes more. I mailed a birthday card over a month ago and he still hasn't reached it. So if you use it, only send things that are not too important, and that you don't mind being late. It might be different from other countries, but this is my experience from the US.

amrsnowangel; I agree with you also. That was my kind of experience. I was so spoiled there. Most Egyptian men will go out of their way to be kind and care for you. They are the most hospitable people. We had more fun when we didn't spend money than when we did.

--------------------
شكرا و أللام عليكم
شيبى

Posts: 2133 | From: Redneckland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snake poison
Member # 10674

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for snake poison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tami025:
'they're good in bed, but bad for your head...'

and to the one up top aobut the bad pregnancy dreams, listen to these...
i dreamt i had a son and he ran away from the hospital. we drove around looking for him and he was running across the street, 20 inces tall with a hospital gown on and he ran into some black peoples house.
OR...
i dreamt i rolled my baby up in cigarette paper and smoked her.
whaatda f*ck!!!
lol

wow, f*cked up dreams, easy on the drugs [Wink]
Posts: 517 | From: snake city | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tami025
Member # 9181

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tami025     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i dont do drugs! when you are pregnant, especially for the first time, lots of worries, issues and thoughts are running through your mind...top it off with raging hormones and you gets nightmares. my moroccan cousin dreamt her baby was born as a cyclops when she was pregnant. drugs dont effect dreams anyway...experiences and daily situations do.
Posts: 229 | From: philadelphia, pa, usa | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tami025 we are neighbors. i live right outside phila
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for al-Kahina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you take the word "Cyclical Non-Uterine Dysmenorrhea" you pretty much on a "behavioral litmus" of my ex's daily life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QYGSWCKaFY

Is this the way all men are, or exceptional men?

"Oh the Giant is angry!"

Posts: 3168 | From: If you don't like it, don't look or read it! | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yana
Member # 11508

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
200LE/month... how are u going to live ?
Posts: 311 | From: Armenia | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com