EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » jealousy (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: jealousy
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MICKY A:
Originally posted by mysticheart:

Most western men will scream at you and beat you if they are jealous, they will screen your calls and keep you away from family and friends, question your every move and want to know details of every min you are not with them and if you forget to say you talked to someone or did something then later mention it, well you lied to them..

i have never experienced this EVER with USA men.where did you hear that from?

well either yr old or too young wake up mystic is right they are so abusive here in usa no matter what state u live in how can u not see that and there are shelters for the women who have been abused!!! alot of men kill cas of their jealousy!!! dont get me started on them stupid men cas its all true!!!
Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mia ann
Member # 13024

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mia ann     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do not see what being old or too young has to do with anything (other than being younger, MAYBE one has had less romantic relations).
It is experience with family, friends, acquaintances and romantic relations one has, that a person living in the United States uses to form an opinion about their own culture.
Unless, one is from another country or is a shut-in and never interacts with people from America on a day to day basis. Then I am guessing one might be forming their opinions based on television, movies or the Internet. In that cause it can never be correct.
Obviously some women have had the unfortunate experience of encountering a violent man, or more than one in their lifetime. I have even heard that some women seem to end up with the same type of abusive men throughout their lives. But I do not believe that every American woman has been in an abusive relationship. Nor do I believe this is the norm.
As I said before I have been in many relationships and never ever has a man even raised his temper nor his hand near me. So trust me there are just as many fantastic men in America just as there are fantastic men anywhere else.

Of coarse abuse happens in the U.S. It happens in every single country in the world. Could it not be possible that abuse is more public in our culture than maybe another.
There are some places in the world where women don't have options.
They might not have a shelter to go to. They may feel pressure to stay with their husband because where they live there is a huge stigma on a divorced woman.
In some cultures like the U.S. women are lucky that the stigma is fading away. (or for myself, personally, I feel as though it has completely faded).
This and having shelters does not necessarily
make it easy for a woman to get out of an abusive relationship. (That is never easy, from what I have heard.) But at least she has options when she has decided she's had enough.

Abuse isn't always just a physical thing either. The mental abuse one inflicts can be much worse than being hit. And men are by far not the only ones guilty of this.
Also men aren't the only ones who have killed out of jealousy, women have done it too. (I have read that female crime rates have risen in the U.S. and I am willing to bet a lot of that crime was basically violence relating to jealousy. I don't know percentages. It would be interesting to see those statistics, but I don't have the time nor energy for such research.)
I am aware that statistically there is more violence from men than women in relationships. I just don't believe that male abuse of women is higher in America than elsewhere.

Just because something is visible in one country and not so evident in another, does not mean it doesn't exist.
Things are rarely what they seem.

(sorry this is so off track from the original topic)

Posts: 83 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ES Stinks
Member # 12617

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ES Stinks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi mystic, thank you for the welcome. We're okay but im starting to feel the pain of seperation.
Posts: 256 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com