EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Why does my man do this to me!!!! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Why does my man do this to me!!!!
Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
whats wrong with that? would it make you more happy if i said we are ugly dogs? jeez, why is it when people are happy about themself everyone wants to say some sort of stupid azz comment, but when they put themselves down, you hear, 'oh dont say that about yourself dear you are beautiful', or say nothing at all?
Posts: 2757 | From: YOU CAN ONLY SEE WHAT I CHOOSE TO SHOW, THERE IS SO MUCH MORE YOU JUST DONT KNOW | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bellsaad
Member # 14581

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bellsaad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow tough crowd

All I ask is a chance to prove money can't make me happy.

--------------------
quote:

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 5 | From: Florida | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PeaceAtLast:
quote:
Originally posted by happygolucky:
I am new to this although I have been on the sidelines for two years and have read many of the topics with great interest indeed. I have a problem and really I want to do something about it and am looking for other opinions. Its the same old thing, western women falls in love with egyptian man. I believe he loves me but I want to know why when I go to his mothers house I am hidden it feels. I have to go and leave their in the early hours of the morning and if someone knocks at the door I have to go into another room. I have asked why and he just says bad eyes. Also he never comes outside in public with me. I am a very attractive women and it makes me think he is ashamed of me because I am white with blond hair. I have asked why but I never get an answer. I have put up with this for 2 years. We are not married properly and was thinking could this be the case.I am now really fed up with it. When we are in Cairo he spends very little time with me gets up goes out comes back very late never takes me to the supermarket nothing. Is this normal behavior for an Egyptian man. I am thinking this cant be normal. He is always declaring how much he loves me but he does this to me all the time. I am thinking about calling it a day but I am not sure if its culture or not. Can anybody give me some answers. I love him to bits and don't know what to do.

its because you are not married. you see, one thing egyptians LOVE to do is get into others people business, talk about it amongst their family and peers then a whole scandal spreads like wildfire. its not you believe me. once you guys are married he will have you around everyone.
He might also have a jealousy sptreak...my egyptian EX husband did that and it really got under my skin...but its for the best because when these men get with a very attractive girl like us, they get into many fights and emotional drama when you go out with them. If I beeged him enough to go out with me and he went, he would not let me dance. he cut up outfits that were to revealing on me when they were still on my body lol. so to answer your question its a matter of not being married and jealousy...as far as going to cairo and he behaves this way, that is pure jealousy and i would strognly take that into consideration if ya decide on marriage because sweetie, it only gets worse.

Depends on what class is surrounding you...
Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redseaschool1
Member # 13387

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for redseaschool1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ?????:
I was afraid that this kind of reactions should follow, because people might feel adressed. What I wanted to say is that, when you are indeed a young and beautiful woman, you will have a busy social life, with dating, boyfriends, going out, etc.They will spend not much time on the internet, and she is not open to approaches by men from the other side of the world. Why should she, she has admirerers and possible partners as much as she wants. Starting a relationship on the internet at least needs a woman who is open for that. And when is a woman open for that? When she does not feel enough attention in her own surrounding, maybe after a disappointment at home, maybe after a period of lonelyness, maybe after a period when she has been in NEED.
A woman who is not in need, shall not easily take the step for something like this.
It's not a negative characteristic, it is just a sign that she is not able to lead a satisfactional private life for numbers of reasons.
When I am satisfied with my life, and a man from the other side of the world is trying to win my trust (and my heart) I am simply not open for it...
Its like when a salesman tries to sell you a life-insurance while you already have one, and you feel perfectly safe by it. You will cut him off, because you don't need that. A woman with enough emotional satisfaction in her life, will also cut it off, she has no reasons to step into a unsure adventure with somebody on the other side of the world....
It's my personal opinion, and I think it's like this in many occassions. [/QB]

You are making several assumptions stated matter of factly rather than as your personal opinion as you claim.

Facts
1. Several extremely attractive women have no social life
2. Many attractive women have low self-esteem
3. Many very attractive women resort to online dating service (go check for yourself)

and last but not least

4. Thousands of attractive women marry men in foreign countries even if they do get "attention" from men in there own country.

Some countries have so many blondes (natural or not) and attractive women, that they don't stand out, in essence they can become average, and get the same amount of attention as the next woman. Some even have big egos and enjoy being in a country where they stand out more and become the center of attention, I see this a lot here. But it doesnt mean they are not attractive in their own country. They could just be one of many, as what's average beauty in lets say Holland, could be drop dead gorgeous in lets say......EGYPT!

Posts: 86 | From: Hurghada | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redseaschool1
Member # 13387

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for redseaschool1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I am new to this although I have been on the sidelines for two years and have read many of the topics with great interest indeed. I have a problem and really I want to do something about it and am looking for other opinions. Its the same old thing, western women falls in love with egyptian man. I believe he loves me but I want to know why when I go to his mothers house I am hidden it feels. I have to go and leave their in the early hours of the morning and if someone knocks at the door I have to go into another room. I have asked why and he just says bad eyes. Also he never comes outside in public with me. I am a very attractive women and it makes me think he is ashamed of me because I am white with blond hair. I have asked why but I never get an answer. I have put up with this for 2 years. We are not married properly and was thinking could this be the case.I am now really fed up with it. When we are in Cairo he spends very little time with me gets up goes out comes back very late never takes me to the supermarket nothing. Is this normal behavior for an Egyptian man. I am thinking this cant be normal. He is always declaring how much he loves me but he does this to me all the time. I am thinking about calling it a day but I am not sure if its culture or not. Can anybody give me some answers. I love him to bits and don't know what to do.

Maybe its because you stand out too much. Unlike some countries where men like to show-off the women like trophies, you wll find many Arab men like to cover up their beauties, and have them for their eyes only.

It is not uncommon for an Egyptian man to ask their woman to leave the room when they have guest (espeically male guest), even Egyptian women do it. Many married Egyptian men never take their friends to their homes. If so,his wife should be covered.

May I ask how do you dress? Are your clothes usually very revealing? Many of them are extremely jealous and posessive and don't want anyone looking at what they think is for their eyes only. It depends on your man's way of thinking.

Otherwise, I don't want to be the 50th person to tell you something is not right. [Smile]

Posts: 86 | From: Hurghada | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by redseaschool1:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by happygolucky:
[qb]

It is not uncommon for an Egyptian man to ask their woman to leave the room when they have guest (espeically male guest), even Egyptian women do it. Many married Egyptian men never take their friends to their homes. If so,his wife should be covered.

What may be normal in some Egyptian households and this is certainly not normal in all Egyptian households as it tends to be more in the poorer/village communities, is not going to be applicable to a western/Egyptian couple. No Western woman can live on this basis or be expected to adapt in this way, so unless the man can get his head around this he has no business being with a western woman.
I can't think of any Egyptian families I am close to where either the wife or the daughters have to leave the room when there is a a male visitor.

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
happygolucky
Member # 14570

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for happygolucky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am not an attention seeker. I dress so that I am not showing off the belly flesh I am aware of what he would consider to be bad. I have no idea why he is this way. I am approached by many Egyptian men but I make it very clear how I feel about my man. 100%. It could be a case of him wanting his cake and eating it. What does he mean when he says that my problem is I don't trust therefore I don't love. What is all that about.
Posts: 8 | From: egypt london | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I am not an attention seeker. I dress so that I am not showing off the belly flesh I am aware of what he would consider to be bad. I have no idea why he is this way. I am approached by many Egyptian men but I make it very clear how I feel about my man. 100%. It could be a case of him wanting his cake and eating it. What does he mean when he says that my problem is I don't trust therefore I don't love. What is all that about.

Its normal for an Egyptian man to be jealous the point is whether he can be openminded enough to understand he has got to make some compromises in order for your relationship to work. From all that you say it doesn't sound like it and you need to look at how your life will be in the next 5years + if you try to live this way.

As for your last question in him saying you don't trust..that just sounds like mind games.

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redseaschool1
Member # 13387

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Penny:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by happygolucky:
[qb]

What may be normal in some Egyptian households and this is certainly not normal in all Egyptian households as it tends to be more in the poorer/village communities, is not going to be applicable to a western/Egyptian couple. No Western woman can live on this basis or be expected to adapt in this way, so unless the man can get his head around this he has no business being with a western woman.
I can't think of any Egyptian families I am close to where either the wife or the daughters have to leave the room when there is a a male visitor.

It has nothing to do with wealth. Trust me, if his wife is a covered woman, and she is walking around her home uncovered, when a male guest arrives, She will leave the room. He wouldn't have to ask her. Egyptian women automatically know.

If she (the Egyptian one) is not covered, and normally dress western or revealing outside of her home, then it wouldn't matter if she leaves the room, they already know what she looks like.

And as there are more covered women in Egypt, than non-covered, hence the use of the phrase "not uncommon".

ETA... When I say male guests, I don't mean family members or close family friends. I mean like a plumber, electrician, business associate, etc. Sometimes she would go cover and come back out in the room if necessary for her to be there, otherwise she leaves the men to their business.

I agree that its not normal in western/egyptian relationships, esp if he is not the narrow minded type.

Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
redsea if she is normally covered then she will leave the room ..cover and then come back...there is no need for her to be hidden away.
I agree its not about wealth but what is normal for her. For the lady posting here it would not be normal for her to cover so she should certainly not be hidden away.

happygolucky
Member # 14570

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for happygolucky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am away from him now and have thought of nothing else about whether or not I can go on like this and I cant. Its been hard and the last few days have been the worst but I cant get past what he has done to me. We didn't communicate for 4 days and I get a nasty sms saying "hope you happy now. He had accident involving someone else who was hospitalized and **** you!" Then later on in the day "i am sorry". It makes me feel really bad as I don't wish him bad. I just cant get him to understand he has not treated me with respect. He is behaving like a spoiled child. He does not come from the best place in Cairo although close to Maadi.
Posts: 8 | From: egypt london | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redseaschool1
Member # 13387

Rate Member
quote:

I have no idea what he means by this. SOunds like a question for Dr. Grey's Men are from Mars. [Smile]

I have many western friends that found that there Egyptian husband changed after marriage. When he met her, yes she was shoing off her belly, but now he would die if she did that. They can be possessive.

If you are dressing decently, I honestly can't explain why he wouldnt want to be seen with you. You have to dig deep on that one.

redseaschool1
Member # 13387

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Penny:
redsea if she is normally covered then she will leave the room ..cover and then come back...there is no need for her to be hidden away.
I agree its not about wealth but what is normal for her. For the lady posting here it would not be normal for her to cover so she should certainly not be hidden away.

I think I was editing while u were typing this [Wink]
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
quote:
I am away from him now and have thought of nothing else about whether or not I can go on like this and I cant. Its been hard and the last few days have been the worst but I cant get past what he has done to me. We didn't communicate for 4 days and I get a nasty sms saying "hope you happy now. He had accident involving someone else who was hospitalized and **** you!" Then later on in the day "i am sorry". It makes me feel really bad as I don't wish him bad. I just cant get him to understand he has not treated me with respect. He is behaving like a spoiled child. He does not come from the best place in Cairo although close to Maadi.

Hey its not your fault someone had an accident. [Frown]

You are up against big cultural differences, it really doesn't matter whether he is rich or poor its about the man himself, although the odds against it not working seem to increase the lower down the scale he comes from.
All you can do is tell him how you would need to live your life and if he can't adjust to that and accept it then time to move on. Maybe he is just not capable to understand. You may want to give him a chance or you may have decided enough is enough. At least you are clear in your own mind now you can't live this way and I don't think there are many western women that could long term.

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
I was afraid that this kind of reactions should follow, because people might feel adressed. What I wanted to say is that, when you are indeed a young and beautiful woman, you will have a busy social life, with dating, boyfriends, going out, etc.They will spend not much time on the internet, and she is not open to approaches by men from the other side of the world. Why should she, she has admirerers and possible partners as much as she wants. Starting a relationship on the internet at least needs a woman who is open for that. And when is a woman open for that? When she does not feel enough attention in her own surrounding, maybe after a disappointment at home, maybe after a period of lonelyness, maybe after a period when she has been in NEED.
A woman who is not in need, shall not easily take the step for something like this.
It's not a negative characteristic, it is just a sign that she is not able to lead a satisfactional private life for numbers of reasons.
When I am satisfied with my life, and a man from the other side of the world is trying to win my trust (and my heart) I am simply not open for it...
Its like when a salesman tries to sell you a life-insurance while you already have one, and you feel perfectly safe by it. You will cut him off, because you don't need that. A woman with enough emotional satisfaction in her life, will also cut it off, she has no reasons to step into a unsure adventure with somebody on the other side of the world....
It's my personal opinion, and I think it's like this in many occassions.

You are making several assumptions stated matter of factly rather than as your personal opinion as you claim.

Facts
3. Many very attractive women resort to online dating service (go check for yourself)

and last but not least

4. Thousands of attractive women marry men in foreign countries even if they do get "attention" from men in there own country.

Some countries have so many blondes (natural or not) and attractive women, that they don't stand out, in essence they can become average, and get the same amount of attention as the next woman. Some even have big egos and enjoy being in a country where they stand out more and become the center of attention, I see this a lot here. But it doesnt mean they are not attractive in their own country. They could just be one of many, as what's average beauty in lets say Holland, could be drop dead gorgeous in lets say......EGYPT! [/QB]

Whats wrong with having a personal opinion about something relative as beautyful women in common?
Of course there are exceptions on the average, but in common it is the way I described, I still believe so. You're not, and all the respect by that, BUT:
What you are stating as facts, are no facts.
You still are talking about exceptions as 'several', 'thousands' and 'many'.
If I say a nigger is black, you will possibly say that there are white ones. Sure there are, but on average they are black, and it is reasonable to call them black, even when it is not the full 100%.
The same with my group; the ones who are considered as beautifull in their own country.

But; it isn't worth to discuss this really, because every reasonable reader will know what I mean with my reaction. Even with exceptions on the average rule...

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redseaschool1
Member # 13387

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
It's my personal opinion, and I think it's like this in many occassions.

Facts

and last but not least

Some countries have so many blondes (natural or not) and attractive women, that they don't stand out, in essence they can become average, and get the same amount of attention as the next woman. Some even have big egos and enjoy being in a country where they stand out more and become the center of attention, I see this a lot here. But it doesnt mean they are not attractive in their own country. They could just be one of many, as what's average beauty in lets say Holland, could be drop dead gorgeous in lets say......EGYPT!

Whats wrong with having a personal opinion about something relative as beautyful women in common?
Of course there are exceptions on the average, but in common it is the way I described, I still believe so. You're not, and all the respect by that, BUT:
What you are stating as facts, are no facts.
You still are talking about exceptions as 'several', 'thousands' and 'many'.
If I say a nigger is black, you will possibly say that there are white ones. Sure there are, but on average they are black, and it is reasonable to call them black, even when it is not the full 100%.
The same with my group; the ones who are considered as beautifull in their own country.

But; it isn't worth to discuss this really, because every reasonable reader will know what I mean with my reaction. Even with exceptions on the average rule... [/QB]

"A nigger is black" Now you sound very ignorant and foolish, and obviously not very articulate, and anything you say forward will be dimissed as the non-sense of a bigoted idiot, if you're too stupid to realize this is a derogatory term to call anyone white or black!

Everything I stated as fact is fact, notice I did not use terms like ALL, or IN GENERAL, some, many, several and even thousands fall into those categories I listed. You need a lesson in statistics and a lesson in life. I'm almost certain in your bigoted persona, you're categorizing the so-called attractive women you speak of as westerners. Know that it is also a fact, that western women aren't the only attractive women in the world.

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
I am afraid I don't understand what you mean. Maybe I should have used another word as nigger, but I thought this was not a bad word.

I'm having problems with your bad words regarding me, as long as I don't use bad language to you or others, I should appreciate you wouldn't use them to me. Thank you.

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

redseaschool1
Member # 13387

Rate Member
quote:
I am afraid I don't understand what you mean. Maybe I should have used another word as nigger, but I thought this was not a bad word.

I'm having problems with your bad words regarding me, as long as I don't use bad language to you or others, I should appreciate you wouldn't use them to me. Thank you.

If you didn't know that "nigger" is a bad word, then you are ignorant in the true sense of the word. And the language I used would surely apply to you.
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Nigger is an extremely derogatory name/adjective for black people. [Frown]
Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
In my language it's a perfectly normal word, no black people would feel offended by this.
If you think its normal to use words as foolish, non-sense bigamist idiot, and stupid to some-one who just made a translation mistake, you're not belonging to the group I use to talk with.
So, I think its better to quit this, because this is not adding anything to the topic.

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Om Leito:
quote:

Nigger is an extremely derogatory name/adjective for black people. [Frown]
What word do you use when you're talking about black people? In this context I can't use black people are black....
redseaschool1
Member # 13387

Rate Member
fool·ish lacking forethought or caution

stu·pid lacking ordinary quickness and keenness of mind; dull.

big·ot One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ.

IDIOT--One who thinks no black person would be offended by the word "nigger" [Roll Eyes]

redseaschool1
Member # 13387

Rate Member
happygolucky....Sorry for hijacking your thread, I'm finished with this one. [Smile]
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
You're supposed to be working on a language-school, so you should know there are situations possible where a translated word does not have the same meaning as in the original language.
I wasn't talking about somebody particularry, I've explained that it wasn't meant as anything insulting to anyone, and reading the txt makes clear that it wasn't an insult, but an explample to compare the situation.
I don't know WHY you are so insulting to me, I can't remember did anything wrong to you, so I think you have no rights to do so. I'm just asking myself how do you treat the children at your school, when they make a mistake? Do you call them IDIOT, STUPID, or BIGOT? (whatever that last one might mean)
Not exactly nice teaching-skills you`re having, Mr. or Mrs. Redseaschool...

--------------------

seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
What does he mean when he says that my problem is I don't trust therefore I don't love. What is all that about.

He's playing with you. Sorry to say `
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

It's quite a bad word ????? you shouldn't use it ever again even if describing something or trying to make a point. This word cuts at African Americans as it was often the word used by their slave masters to describe them. It's a horrible word and not one fit for description.
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

quote:
In my language it's a perfectly normal word, no black people would feel offended by this.
If you think its normal to use words as foolish, non-sense bigamist idiot, and stupid to some-one who just made a translation mistake, you're not belonging to the group I use to talk with.
So, I think its better to quit this, because this is not adding anything to the topic.

Comeon, she might not be aware of how bad it is,we can use this opportunity to educate:

nig·ger /ˈnɪgər/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[nig-er] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
—Usage note The term nigger is now probably the most offensive word in English. Its degree of offensiveness has increased markedly in recent years, although it has been used in a derogatory manner since at least the Revolutionary War. Definitions 1a, 1b, and 2 represent meanings that are deeply disparaging and are used when the speaker deliberately wishes to cause great offense. Definition 1a, however, is sometimes used among African-Americans in a neutral or familiar way. Definition 3 is not normally considered disparaging—as in “The Irish are the niggers of Europe” from Roddy Doyle's The Commitments—but the other uses are considered contemptuous and hostile.
–noun
1. Slang: Extremely Disparaging and Offensive.
a. a black person.
b. a member of any dark-skinned people.
2. Slang: Extremely Disparaging and Offensive. a person of any race or origin regarded as contemptible, inferior, ignorant, etc.
3. a victim of prejudice similar to that suffered by blacks; a person who is economically, politically, or socially disenfranchised.

Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I have always been told you cannot use this word (when I was a school-girl myself). I just wonder why artists like 50 cent use it themselves in their songs. [Confused]
[Confused]

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

quote:
Originally posted by desertgirl:
Yes, I have always been told you cannot use this word (when I was a school-girl myself). I just wonder why artists like 50 cent use it themselves in their songs. [Confused]
[Confused]

marketability and being highly confused about themselves as well as selling out.
There are many African American rappers who do not use this word and have stated publically they never would.

Lumos
Member # 14589

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Lumos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Just when I thought ????? couldn't be any more stupid, she rolls out the 'N' word! Way to go! [Roll Eyes] To top it off, she makes yet another plea for people to speak nicely to her. [Eek!] This is so typical of her self-preserving, pseudo-passive brand of nutty nastiness.
Posts: 1157 | From: Censor - Edit - Delete, but you will never take away my FREEDOM! | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People the don't have enough balls to talk **** from their accounts and need other accounts to talk from should have their balls and/or titties cut off. Woohooo.
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lumos
Member # 14589

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Lumos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Leito, check my profile and you'll see clearly who I am. I've lost my password for my usual screen name, so this is temporary. I admire your stance on trolls though. Keep up the good work. [Wink]
Posts: 1157 | From: Censor - Edit - Delete, but you will never take away my FREEDOM! | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

quote:
Originally posted by Mary Christmas:
Leito, check my profile and you'll see clearly who I am. I've lost my password for my usual screen name, so this is temporary. I admire your stance on trolls though. Keep up the good work. [Wink]

Ohhhhhhhhh SWYS! [Big Grin] Welcome back!! [Smile]
Merry Christmas to you dear SWYS. Hope you have a nice holiday. [Smile]

An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Just for info ????, I believe you're not a native English speaker, in the UK and US, the term nigger is considered very offensive and in the UK at least, you could find yourself either in an employment tribunal or in court if you used it.

The only exception to this is when black people use it between themselves in discussions - and even then that is only in certain groups - eg rappers and the like.

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oops ?
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lumos
Member # 14589

quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
quote:
Originally posted by Mary Christmas:

Ohhhhhhhhh SWYS! [Big Grin] Welcome back!! [Smile]
Merry Christmas to you dear SWYS. Hope you have a nice holiday. [Smile]

Thanks and Happy Holidays (as our American friends say) to you and your family, Smuckers. [Smile]
Lumos
Member # 14589

quote:
Originally posted by Leito:
Oops ?

Don't make me ask Om Leito to spank you again! [Wink]
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only some black people use the word n*gger among themselves. If you use the word as a white person - very bad (as pointed out before).

I believe ????? is listening to too much Hip Hop!! [Big Grin]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lumos
Member # 14589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lumos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
''I believe ????? is listening to too much Hip Hop!!''

It must be festive cheer, but that made me smile! [Big Grin]

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
So, only telling that you're SWYS, gives privileges that another one doesn't have?
I really ask myself why people are making such a big deal about a missed translation that wasn't even meant to anybody in person. [Confused]
An old topic has been placed in attention again, to cause problems, that's my opinion.
If you have something against me, SWYS, just tell it in public. I can't remember what makes you think like this, but obviously you will have your reasons.
Blow up a missed translation to cause problems is not the right way.
I now know that the word can't be used in the same meaning as I am used to, so what's the big deal anyway???

Lumos
Member # 14589

????? I have always been perfectly pleasant and reasonable to you...but you truly don't deserve it. Increasingly, I've watched you play the 'Pity me, I mean no harm ' card, when people question your thinly-veiled, nasty little swipes and snipes. You are a snobbish, silly woman, who lives to give out lame advice on ES. I dislike your snivelling scrawls and hope that I have made that perfectly plain. Your attempt to excuse your use of the 'N' word is typical of your slithering style. I have lost my old password, but made it clear who I am on my profile. I do hope this is direct enough for you. [Smile]
seabreeze
Member # 10289

ahhh [Big Grin] ES Christmas Cheer. [Big Grin]
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cant we all get along its the holidays for heaven sakes [Wink] [Eek!] please with a star on the top?
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Peace and goowill to all men and women on ES [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
come to waterloo iowa and say nigger u will get yr ass sooooooooooooooo kicked!!!i dont wanna say that to a black person as for the meaning it means an ignorant person a lowlife dirty nasty ignorant person!!

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MERRY CHRISTMAS to everyone on here. [Smile] My children will open up their presents in a couple of hours but hubby has to finish cooking first! [Big Grin]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Merry Christmas? No. Mary Christmas!

Thu Dec 20, 7:41 AM ET

AMERICAN FORK, Utah - Merry Christmas to you, Mary Christmas. That's what the former Mary Young is hearing this holiday season, after she married Brian Christmas earlier this year.

"It was meant to be," Mary Christmas told the Daily Herald of Provo. "God has a sense of humor. What are the chances that it would ever happen?"

She has found, however, that she is not alone. Mary Christmas has been working at Ancestry.com for three years and discovered there are as many as 100 other Mary Christmases in the United States.

The last name of Christmas has its origins in Wales, she said.

"It was given to people that were born on Christmas Day," she said. "Somewhere back there someone of my husband's ancestors was born on Christmas. It is not a super common name."

Christmas said her husband's grandmother, Joy Christmas, once was stopped at a counter at JCPenney, under suspicion for using a phony name.

The name brings compliments.

"For many people, it seems to make them happy. 'You are my favorite,' they tell me. 'I think of your name and it makes me happy,'" Christmas said.

Her husband, Brian, says the best part of her name is that he has Mary Christmas all year long, not just in December.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071220/ap_on_fe_st/odd_mary_christmas

redseaschool1
Member # 13387

Rate Member
quote:
You're supposed to be working on a language-school, so you should know there are situations possible where a translated word does not have the same meaning as in the original language.
I wasn't talking about somebody particularry, I've explained that it wasn't meant as anything insulting to anyone, and reading the txt makes clear that it wasn't an insult, but an explample to compare the situation.
I don't know WHY you are so insulting to me, I can't remember did anything wrong to you, so I think you have no rights to do so. I'm just asking myself how do you treat the children at your school, when they make a mistake? Do you call them IDIOT, STUPID, or BIGOT? (whatever that last one might mean)
Not exactly nice teaching-skills you`re having, Mr. or Mrs. Redseaschool...

When you made the statement that this word should normally be used for blacks and not whites in you juvenille paradigm, you made it perfectly clear that you knew this word was offensive, and now you're trying to play the victim of ignorance. I don't know of any language that translates black person to nigger. So translation error my _____.

You inconspicously insult many women on here including the OP by insinuating that only unattractive women who can't get any attention from men in their own country would dare marry or become involved with one on the internet or in a faraway country like Egypt.

Maybe you are not aware but you do come across as a bit snobby, as someone else pointed out. And my position in the school has no bearing on my remarks toward what I find an ignorant comment from an internet user I don't personally know.

Sorry but your self-indulgent rhetorical questions: "Is that how you treat the kids?", holds little significance, yet further confrims my assertion of your foolishness. [Roll Eyes]

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Just the fact that I don't know you and you don't know me, should be reason enough to leave out statements about my personality.
I didn't this to you, so I prefer you wouldn't do it to me.
To SWYS; you're making statements about my common way to express, it seems that it has been bothering you for a long time. You're not the first one who has mentioned this, but every time it was an American woman who said so. Maybe it is the difference between expressing in my language and yours, maybe I'm just a person that doesn't fit in American culture, maybe it's a set-up between women who meet behind ES, I don't know.
But you must know that I never intended to hurt anybody here, so if my reaction might look harsh to others, excuse me.
I am certainly not snobbish in my own culture, but perhaps I am in yours....

--------------------

seabreeze
Member # 10289

Is SWYS American? [Confused] I didn't think she was?? [Confused] [Confused]
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com