EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Successful relationship/ happily married to an egyptian in tourism? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Successful relationship/ happily married to an egyptian in tourism?
Omneya
Member # 16617

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omneya     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that bloke's great isn't he! haha. there's a really great one at fantasia in sharm!
Posts: 31 | From: Guernsey -Channel islands | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clear and QSY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Omneya:
that bloke's great isn't he! haha. there's a really great one at fantasia in sharm!

Someone you know perhaps? [Wink]
Posts: 1626 | From: whatever, wherever | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW! very nice. [Smile]

--------------------
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)
Leap and the Net will Appear.

Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
now thats what i calla good bellydancer, better then some woman ive seen [Smile]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im unable to open that youtube at work,but im guessing that male bellydancer is none other than Tito Seif,a great bellydancer from Sharm.Well,at least his official show is staged in Sharm,as ive read.

And yes,he's Egyptian.

Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clear and QSY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sashyra8:
Im unable to open that youtube at work,but im guessing that male bellydancer is none other than Tito Seif,a great bellydancer from Sharm.Well,at least his official show is staged in Sharm,as ive read.

And yes,he's Egyptian.

Yes, it was Tito in Sharm. As far as men performing Oriental dances - I still love to see the Debka dance. Somehow I don't think the guy in this particular video is a professional (looks like he is just fooling around at work) but he's good none the less. There are some other nice Debka videos on YouTube.
Posts: 1626 | From: whatever, wherever | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was fun Mini. He may not be professional but he is good. Thanks [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)
Leap and the Net will Appear.

Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah,I know that debka-dance, didn't know the name though. It has much in common with the Greec sirtaki.

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by ?????:
Ah,I know that debka-dance, didn't know the name though. It has much in common with the Greec sirtaki.

Like this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFUrzFdWQGA
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Most Arabic countries have their version of debke,however the most popular and known one is the Lebanese.
I have a Syrian acquantaince that furiously claims is theirs. [Big Grin]

Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cloudberry
Member # 11163

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cloudberry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've seen an Egyptian bellydancer man dancing in Finland and he was one of the best if not the best dancer I've seen. Really good and entertaining! [Smile]
Posts: 758 | From: Finland | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[ Sunday, 11 May 2008 ]

Actors' guild threatens to penalize male dancers

Male belly dancers apply for permits in Egypt

Tito Seif performs at a Giza hotel (File)

CAIRO (Mona Madkour, AlArabiya.net)

As tourist season approaches, Egypt's professional belly dancing association has reported a surge in the number of professional belly dancer applications, including for the first time, from men.

The men who applied for permits already work as belly dancers on an unofficial basis, the head of the permit committee of the Egyptian Actors' Syndicate, Sami Nawar, told AlArabiya.net, adding that many have feminine- or gay-sounding names.

Nawar said the syndicate – which he descried as a "respectable" organization – would reject applications from men on the basis that it violates the social norms of the country, and said it would penalize male dancers.

"The syndicate will never encourage them [male dancers] to become part of the social fabric and will not play a role in creating controversy about how religion accepts what those men do and wear," Nawar said.

Male belly dancing, a centuries-old Egyptian tradition, is making a comeback despite suppression by government and religious officials due to its association with homosexuality, news agency Bloomberg reported.

Male dancers were in fact preferred by 19th-century Cairenes who thought women should not to expose themselves, it said, adding that from 1834 to 1849, women dancers –ghawazee -- were banned from the city.

Male belly dancing all but disappeared in the 1950s during the reign of Gamal Abdul Nasser because it smacked of monarchical decadence.

(Translated from Arabic by Sonia Farid).

http://www.alarabiya.net/articles/2008/05/11/49679.html

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Ministry of Common Sense:
quote:

Yassou! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkHfKjwPHXo&feature=related
Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by The Ministry of Common Sense:
quote:

Yassou! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkHfKjwPHXo&feature=related
That's awesome. It resembles Irish Step dancing which is another of my favorites. I thought the little boy in the funny video was adoreable.
'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Shahrazat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you have not watched Turkish zeybek dance yet [Smile] This from Aegean Region (West Turkey).. When my family has a wedding, all of us dance like this an love it [Big Grin] And that dancing man is Kenaaaaaannnn !!! Hottest Turkish man [Big Grin]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uY2YQPS2vo8

Posts: 2591 | From: **Ex Oriente Lux** | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
The Aegean region, so they must have stolen it from the Greecs!!! ( The Turkish say the same about the Greecs, btw. [Razz] There are several Greec islands so close to the Turkish mainland that I could see the cars drive there, while standing on one of the Greec islands.
The Greecs hop over by speedboats to visit ther Turkish girlfriends by night.
In fact it's well noticeable that they share the same blood, many Turkish people there have light eyes and look more Greec as Turkish, as the Greecs sometimes look more Turkish as Greec!
I have been on many of those islands and also on the Aegean part of Turkey and I love it there. It's one of the most relaxing atmospheres...(if you stay away from the mass-touristic places)

hesham-jenna
Member # 16572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hesham-jenna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like to add something to the answers here.

If this man is Egyptian, born and bred, and planning to live with you before marrying you, then drop him. That is all telling. For Westerners it's not much problem, for Egyptians that is complete disrespect and lack of sincerity.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

Jenna

Posts: 3 | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seen Tito before, brilliant but he learnt from my hubby [Big Grin]

I much prefer to watch male belly dancers than female

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by 'Shahrazat:
I think you have not watched Turkish zeybek dance yet [Smile] This from Aegean Region (West Turkey).. When my family has a wedding, all of us dance like this an love it [Big Grin] And that dancing man is Kenaaaaaannnn !!! Hottest Turkish man [Big Grin]

Hot Turk!!!!!!!! [Eek!]
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

Hot Turk!!!!!!!! [Eek!]
sashy you're dribbling, wipe your mouth [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
quote:
quote:

Hot Turk!!!!!!!! [Eek!]
sashy you're dribbling, wipe your mouth [Roll Eyes]
[Big Grin]
stayingput
Member # 14989

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for stayingput     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ExptinCAI:
You can't live together unmarried. You may get away with visitation if he's of a certain class but if he's a waiter, you won't. Egypt is an extremely class-based society and unfortunately working in tourism industry and working as a waiter are classes apart. Your landlord will quickly pick up on your boyfriend's background via his accent, mannerisms, clothes, etc.

I understand that you don't care and that you were brought up treat all people as equals and this type of attitude is appalling to you.

I also understand how highly he praises you for this attitude and how wonderful and non-judgmental he believes you to be, what wonderful qualities those are.

Here's the harsh reality.

He was not raised with the same values as you. While he may admire you for treating everyone equal, he was raised within this class system. He would never get an Egyptian, college-educated woman to marry him. They might be in love, but her family would not accept.

Again, all wonderful and romantic, but you have to remember HE was raised in the same class-based society I'm describing and does practice it (to what degree depends).

There isn't just a cultural difference, there's also a class difference. To the extend, that given a comparison it would be like marrying an aristocrat (with public duties expected of you) or a famous person (always in a public eye, scrutinized) ... entire outlook on life is completely different.

So, take your time and s-l-o-w. Remember if he was marrying an Egyptian, the engagement period would be at least a year.

You have valid points but there's this assumption he's uneducated (thus the reason he works in tourism).

He could be educated as an engineer and can't find work in his field.

I do agree, though, that the OP should tread carefully.

Posts: 758 | From: Here. There. Everywhere. | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
I don't expect an university degree by someone who works as a male bellydancer cq. waiter, like the female bellydancers also don't have university degrees. [Smile] I am curious about the difference in value between male and female bellydancers by society.... If it is something like that male dancers in Europe, it isn't high valued...
stayingput
Member # 14989

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for stayingput     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I don't expect an university degree by someone who works as a male bellydancer cq. waiter, like the female bellydancers also don't have university degrees. [Smile] I am curious about the difference in value between male and female bellydancers by society.... If it is something like that male dancers in Europe, it isn't high valued...

It wouldn't suprise me.

As for the bellydancer question, it shouldn't matter because the females at least ... it's haram. But, if Egypt was even remotely as religious at it would like the world to believe, a bellydancer couldn't make a living. But they do.

Posts: 758 | From: Here. There. Everywhere. | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pablo_7777
Member # 15522

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for pablo_7777   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i was working in sharm el shaikh in the last 2 months and i have never heard any thing about BOZO .
i even seem more famus than him in sharm although i spent vry short time there .

so now i can call my self the first man for toudrism in sharm lol [Big Grin] hahah

Posts: 305 | From: egypt | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalila : )
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by pablo_7777:
i was working in sharm el shaikh in the last 2 months and i have never heard any thing about BOZO .
i even seem more famus than him in sharm although i spent vry short time there .

so now i can call my self the first man for toudrism in sharm lol [Big Grin] hahah

Hardly [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by stayingput:
quote:
Originally posted by ExptinCAI:
You can't live together unmarried. You may get away with visitation if he's of a certain class but if he's a waiter, you won't. Egypt is an extremely class-based society and unfortunately working in tourism industry and working as a waiter are classes apart. Your landlord will quickly pick up on your boyfriend's background via his accent, mannerisms, clothes, etc.

I understand that you don't care and that you were brought up treat all people as equals and this type of attitude is appalling to you.

I also understand how highly he praises you for this attitude and how wonderful and non-judgmental he believes you to be, what wonderful qualities those are.

Here's the harsh reality.

He was not raised with the same values as you. While he may admire you for treating everyone equal, he was raised within this class system. He would never get an Egyptian, college-educated woman to marry him. They might be in love, but her family would not accept.

Again, all wonderful and romantic, but you have to remember HE was raised in the same class-based society I'm describing and does practice it (to what degree depends).

There isn't just a cultural difference, there's also a class difference. To the extend, that given a comparison it would be like marrying an aristocrat (with public duties expected of you) or a famous person (always in a public eye, scrutinized) ... entire outlook on life is completely different.

So, take your time and s-l-o-w. Remember if he was marrying an Egyptian, the engagement period would be at least a year.

You have valid points but there's this assumption he's uneducated (thus the reason he works in tourism).

He could be educated as an engineer and can't find work in his field.

I do agree, though, that the OP should tread carefully.

An Egyptian engineer might take other office secretarial work that he's overqualified for, but a waiter? Sadly, it's not just a job, it's a status thing. It would influence how others looked at him (class-wise) and affect his chances of marrying, his siblings chances, etc. You would think any job is better than unemployment, right? It's just a different mentality.
Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All I can say is if she is happy and he is happy who gives a crap what he does or where he does it!

I know a couple of guys who take on 'lowly jobs' as they cannot find work.

Besides, if it all goes belly up then what of it? I am sure we have all at some point had a relationship that didn't work out!!

I have always failed to see the drama re: this subject!

Crikey, the biggest part of this story I think is the wanting to move, now that is a big step. Dating a guy is not really life changing!

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mira Sol
Member # 15569

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mira Sol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Posted by ?????:

There are numbers of women here who have been so hurted, that it left marks forever.
Sometimes I even wondered about their psychological health, all because of what happened to them...

--------------------------------------

I think this is an important point to keep in mind when reading negative responses on these forums, because those that ended a relationship and just got on with their lives, are not here to say anything about it. Not everyone was hurt so terribly that they are a psychological mess from it.

And many of the ones that are here and happy with their man often think that they have found the only good guy in Egypt.

Omneya, do read every post, and keep it in context. There is validity to most, if thrown in with some judgement and alot of baggage. There is also alot of insight into the Egyptian mind as seen through foreign eyes.

Keep in mind another statement often seen here "that if they can save just one person from hurt it is all worth it"...Which makes no concession for how many are also "saved" from something that may have been something more meaningful.

I am sure you have a PM box full of stories that nobody would ever post on the open forums. Read those too, ask questions that is where you will hear the real inside story. Most avoid too many details here, as in the end they will be turned against you [Wink]

Good luck in Sharm!

Posts: 929 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omneya
Member # 16617

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omneya     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well said LF =). Got any tips regarding the move by the way? Like things to remember/ take etc'?
Posts: 31 | From: Guernsey -Channel islands | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omneya
Member # 16617

Rate Member
Thanks MS! I've read through all these posts and took it all on board =). My PM box is quite empty actually, suprisingly! BUT I've read so many stories on the internet already so have had the warnings [Razz] . Thanks for all the advice on here it's really appreciated.
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Remember to bring your bikini and factor 50 [Big Grin]

I went back to the UK to get the following as here they are either none existant, crap or expensive:

Bras... if you are more than a D cup then stock up as there is nothing here really. Any ones available look like something my gran would wear and are like 40quid.

Make-up... it is either cheap cheap and nasty or too expensive.

Oxo cuebes and stuffing. Don't ask!

Medication... some meds are not available here and the alternatives for me are not good enough.

Shoes... cos all the shoes here are vile.. except in Clarks but then they are way too dear

Clothes, I love my clothes and I love my shoping. I struggle to find good clothes and the stores I do like (Next for e.g.) are 3x the UK prices. Like 40 quid for a t shirt! I refuse to pay that.

That's about all for now. All material I know but hey, so what.

I did also bring an external hard drive with all my cds and dvds on and sold all my hard copies. I could not live without all of that stuff...

I made three journeys to get my stuff over and I also had three people carry a lot of stuf for me as well.. I was lucky. It is expensive to ship so be warned. KLM allow 58kg on their flights and this is good if you only carry the essentials and desperates and get the rest here.

My main advice.

Always have a plan b.

Always be able to afford to fly home...

Keep your passport to yourself.

Get online banking! Few ladies had their cards cloned and it cost them dearly until they could get to the UK to sort it.

Don't burn english bridges and build bridges in Sharm prior to coming. I had a job and home well sorted before I upped sticks.

Take no notice whatsover of all the negative comments and warnings, depsite all said there are some really fabulous guys here who are respectful and love their ladies.

Money cannot make you happy and just becasue some have better jobs and sit higher up on the class ladder it doesn't make them good people!!!

Folk who think only the lower class can be bastards really are deluded!

Well said MS...

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omneya
Member # 16617

Rate Member
ahh You're such a beaut' thank you!!!
That's really useful =)
I will definately have to get online banking. Have already had an experience with the bank when being in Egypt. My bank goes security crazy as soon as I go anywhere further than the UK...or front door sometimes! They "locked" my bank about....10 times? while i was in egypt last time. cost me an extra 40 quid i didnt have to ask them to keep unlocking it! haha ahhh fun times. Anyway sorry about the bank rant. Thanks for all the tips i will write them down! =D

Omneya
Member # 16617

Rate Member
I agree with the money can't make you happy quote too by the way. Believe that more everyday [Smile] .
Mira Sol
Member # 15569

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mira Sol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Omneya:
Thanks MS! I've read through all these posts and took it all on board =). My PM box is quite empty actually, suprisingly! BUT I've read so many stories on the internet already so have had the warnings [Razz] . Thanks for all the advice on here it's really appreciated.

Seriously? No, PMs?

Wow times really have changed! Also noted that you didnt take much of a beating, and werent accused of being a troll. Hey a new day dawning at ES?

I would PM you now, but I am afraid you're a troll [Razz]

Posts: 929 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
My bank in 9 months haven't questioned my banking activity!!! Be grateful yours care!

Money only makes life easier...

Omneya
Member # 16617

Rate Member
hahaha I'm quite relieved i've had no troll comments.. ahha

what's that when it's at home?
I saw it on another post and was a bit confused [Razz]

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
When people try to suss out if you have been here before and are lying and making up stories to try to cause a riot... trolls are pretty common here for some reason.

There are some sad and desperate folk around.

I think if you were a troll you wouldn't make up being from Guernsey lol...

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Lotsa good advice here omneya, print it out if you have to but take it all in.

bring bras if you have any boobs at all, never mind superjugs like LF [Big Grin]

make up, mascara in particular, bring new unopened as it dries up fast here [Frown]

from UK egypt air freight (Heathrow)is £1 a kilo, with all taxes and other charges it makes it about £2 a kilo.

You seem to have your head on the right way up, wish you the best of luck. [Big Grin]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Omneya, if you are really that person [Roll Eyes] do take a few moments to look at the website below :
http://www.dezy-house.ru/forum_rus/viewforum.php?f=56&start=0

It looks negative to some people but its damn true, again you're not a toddler and its your life.
85 % of Egyptians that work in touristic resorts are like sharks by default, some are ruthless and some are docile.

You've been told that its fine for a man to be a belly dancer by all the foreign ESers, the point is that you as a foreigner, do not know what exactly is right in this country, the same mistake all the ladies have done, with no real knowledge of the right and wrong in Egyptian standards.

No way and I repeat NO WAY will an educated cultured sane Egyptian young man ever degrade himself by performing such filth in public, unless he is either gay or comes from very low milieu.

You must learn to be rational for God's sake,you are putting your life AND money into jeopardy, please be careful.

Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Superjugs lol...

You have a lovely way with words.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Dzosser:

No way and I repeat NO WAY will an educated cultured sane Egyptian young man ever degrade himself by performing such filth in public, unless he is either gay or comes from very low milieu.

[Eek!] did we watch the same video?

never looked at it as filth, will have to look again with that in mind [Wink]

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
OR

He may just like to dance. [Big Grin]

Mira Sol
Member # 15569

Rate Member
quote:
Omneya, if you are really that person [Roll Eyes] do take a few moments to look at the website below :
http://www.dezy-house.ru/forum_rus/viewforum.php?f=56&start=0

And there it is: TROLL accusation!
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I looked at the link and was not sure of the reason why. Did I miss something?

Filth, I must take a look now.

Omneya
Member # 16617

Rate Member
Thanks Ayisha! Mine aren't quite superjugs haha but i'll definately bring a bra supply. Good tip on the mascara I probably wouldn't have thought of that!

I think we spoke too soon with the troll accusation thing....

filth...lol.
Thanks for the warning.

Mira Sol
Member # 15569

Rate Member
oh sorry Omneya,

Public flogging may soon follow. You're on your own girl.. [Razz]

If you get sassy then you may be accused being any number of past member (usually decided by spelling, and profanity usage, etc.)

It's all great fun, if you dont take it to heart [Smile] Well fun, until it is down right scary [Eek!]

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
And the accusations are made by folk with WAY too much time on their hands!!!

Bovril.. if you like Bovril bring that! Random item yet a popular request when I travel back!

Weird items this time also inc:

A Thomas the Tank Engine toy
Tips for pool cues
Flights for darts
A book off Amazon
Knickers for my mum!!
A nail buffer
Calcium tablets
Sausages as per usual
Wine Gums... you HAVE to bring these

I will keep thinking about what we struggle to get or refuse to pay over the odds for.

Oh yeah, if you like surfy style clothes they dont sell that here, well not in Cairo that I have see.

Erm... ooo ooo Monster Munch!

Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Mira Sol:
oh sorry Omneya,

Public flogging may soon follow. You're on your own girl.. [Razz]

If you get sassy then you may be accused being any number of past member (usually decided by spelling, and profanity usage, etc.)

It's all great fun, if you dont take it to heart [Smile] Well fun, until it is down right scary [Eek!]

Somehow I think Omneya will be just fine. [Smile]
Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
quote:

Is your feeling about male dancers being gay or low status only applicable to Egyptian men who choose to belly dance? What about the Ballet (French and Russian) or Michael Flatley's Lord of the Dance ? There are plenty of men dancing professionaly in those.

In fact:
During the second half of the 18th century the Paris Op‚ra was dominated by male dancers such as the Italian-French virtuoso Ga‚tan Vestris and his son Auguste Vestris, famed for his jumps and leaps. But women such as the German-born Anne Heinel, the first female dancer to do double pirouettes, also were gaining in technical proficiency.

Russia also preserved the integrity of the ballet during the late 19th century. A Frenchman, Marius Petipa, became the chief choreographer of the Imperial Russian Ballet. He perfected the full-length, evening-long story ballet that combined set dances with mimed scenes. His best-known works are The Sleeping Beauty (1890) and Swan Lake (co-choreographed with the Russian Lev Ivanov), both set to commissioned scores by Peter Ilich Tchaikovsky.

(excerpts from website on history of ballet)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com