EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Marriage of US Citizens to Egyptians as of April 10, 2007 (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  14  15  16   
Author Topic: Marriage of US Citizens to Egyptians as of April 10, 2007
Josette
Member # 12613

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Josette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WithAllMyHeart:
Excuse me Miss VickyJones I beg to differ...I am sure its not only Syrian men that cant adapt to another country like the USA. Everyone is different. Some are more likely to adapt to their environment than others. I have lived in the USA for 16 almost 17 years now, and life is just go go go....you hardly get time to sleep sometimes. Also depending on the area you are in, it can get very busy....now I am sure England is not too different since the US and Britain are on the same plane. I spent 2 months in Egypt and I loved it. As a matter of fact inshallah I am going to go back. Once I have FULLY established myself in the states. I intend to buy an apartment in Egypt...and then carry on from there. Atleast in Egypt I found time to breath, here in the states too much goes on at times. So Miss VickyJones I beg to differ, the reason why certain species become extinct is because they are not able to adapt to their new environment. Its the same for people. Lets put you in the desert and see if you can survive like a bedouin.

I have already lived in Egypt before and I already have that flat you are thinking about buying in Egypt.So, Why don't you shut the f u c k up and stick to that which you know about and I am sure it is very little.

Kos omak [Smile]

Posts: 833 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bit of a give away there Josette, you should have posted that as Vicky Jones

--------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Penny:
quote:
Originally posted by Récif corallien:
Penny can I ask you something?

Are you married to an egyptian?
Have you gone through the process?
have you ever applied for a spouse visa?

Just to give us an idea of your experience in visa application, and marriage to an egyptian man.

I'm sure the girl would love to hear of your personal experiences.

Mr/Mrs French Coral reef....... the facts of how Embassies deal with VISA applications speak for themselves. I am advocateing living in Egypt not just for the VISA process but primarily for the couple to gain a proper understanding of each others culture ( and that does not just mean for 2 months). Everyone is so hung up on how to get a VISA they seem to forget there is a lifelong committment to be made between 2 people from totally different cultures.
I must agree with Penny.
I would definitely recommend living in egypt for a time not only to establish the fact that the man you are marrying and his family are on the up & up but mostly for the cultural experience. You cannot imagine what it will do for your marriage to immerse yourself in your husbands' culture and really make the effort to understand things so different from what you have known.

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shahrzaad
Member # 13580

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for shahrzaad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you know..... if Vicky Jones knows anything she ruined it with her obscene comment.

In the first place just because you have a "flat" does not mean that you know Egypt. Anybody that stays in a flat can hide from the real Egypt. If you have not had your papers taken because you want to see a building or checked because you want to go to the cinema you do not understand what it is like in Egypt. When you work for less than it costs to get to work, when 100 pound buys meat that must cook for 24 hours and then is so small and tough that you wonder if it is worth the effort, when you must decide between helping a friend and surviving yourself then you can say you know Egypt. When you are afraid to vote, go into court buildings or have to walk miles because you can not afford the bus or taxi or anything else .... you know Egypt.

Of course there is the exotic side, the money side but that is not enjoyed by most of the people. The Egyptian people have pride, love, family and they make the most of it. I love them dearly. I grew up poor, my clothes made from scraps of cloth, but we had food on the table, house over our head and a car in the driveway. That is rich to many countries and no matter what we say about life being hard here, it is greatly desired by millions in the world. If they do not want to come to industrialized countries then they wish it for their country.

We can not judge or pass judgement on others. Some of us need to wash our windows before we tell others their windows are dirty.

Posts: 156 | From: USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by shahrzaad:
you know..... if Vicky Jones knows anything she ruined it with her obscene comment.

We can not judge or pass judgement on others. Some of us need to wash our windows before we tell others their windows are dirty.

Just ignore this woman they haven't invented the solvent yet that would clean her windows.
Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shahrzaad
Member # 13580

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for shahrzaad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Originally posted by Penny
Just ignore this woman they haven't invented the solvent yet that would clean her windows.

smirk smirk now that is funny

Posts: 156 | From: USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WithAllMyHeart
Member # 13563

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for WithAllMyHeart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Clearly you dont know too much either Vicky....atleast I can get my point across and still be civilized.
Posts: 79 | From: USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WithAllMyHeart
Member # 13563

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for WithAllMyHeart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"<ConsularCairoACS@state.gov> wrote:

Good Morning,
We are still unable to provide services to US citizen who wish to marry in Egypt. There is time frame on when this problem will be solved. Updates on this subject will be placed on our web page http://cairo.usembassy.gov as soon as it occur.

Thank you"

WithAllMyHeart: Finally their is hope yet. I recently sent an email to US Embassy Cairo and that was the response I recieved. So their is hope yet that they are working on this problem considering they said that their is a "time frame."

Posts: 79 | From: USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snapdragon
Member # 9036

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Snapdragon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Until the situation with the American Embassy regarding the "free to marry" document is available again, my husband who is an Egyptian laywer says there is a way to get a document that will satisfy the Egyptian requirements for marriage. BUT he said it is costly and a little time consuming. If anyone is interested, PM me.....
Posts: 525 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shahrzaad
Member # 13580

Rate Member
Thank you for the information. I will have my suitcase and garments ready.
shahrzaad
Member # 13580

Rate Member
I just got a reply from my email to the embassy.

Good Afternoon,
There has not been a solution to this problem yet and we have no time frame on when will it be solved. Please monitor our web page http://cairo.usembassy.gov for any updates. Thank you

shahrzaad
Member # 13580

Rate Member
Yep this is the last email I just received and proves it belongs to the US Embassy. They have no idea what they are doing or who is in charge.
Read this and the message i sent and the one I received and ............ what withallmyheart received. Good ol USA...

Our reply is an official response based on facts. I hope this will help in clearing the confusion. Thank you

tenngirl9
Member # 9948

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tenngirl9     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My daughter got married March 29th WOW that was close. She would have died if they didnt let her marry. I wish you luck. Surely there is someway. Will they take anything from the town you live in stating there is no record of marriage where you live?
Posts: 96 | From: usa | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shahrzaad
Member # 13580

Rate Member
I wish they did ... I have attorney papers everything and just was bounced back and forth from embassy to MFA or whatever it is called. Both said no. At this time everyone is shaking their heads and pointing at the other country.
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tenngirl9:
My daughter got married March 29th WOW that was close. She would have died if they didnt let her marry. I wish you luck. Surely there is someway. Will they take anything from the town you live in stating there is no record of marriage where you live?

Is that the daughter that used to post on here? I bet they looked so nice together did you take pictures?
Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tenngirl9
Member # 9948

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tenngirl9     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yea I got many pics
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums
We have already started the visa process, but im not sure how they will do it or if they will be allowed as she is not 18 yet. You can file an i 130 and there is no age limit on that, but she cant be a sponsor until she is 18. I am going to co sponsor and by the time he got here next year she will be 18 but we started the process. Time will tell I assume.

Posts: 96 | From: usa | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trababe
Member # 11777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for trababe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
anyone else tried the link to see the pics from above it wont work with me
Posts: 477 | From: lancashire england | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't work with me either.
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trababe
Member # 11777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for trababe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok so long as its not just me lol
Posts: 477 | From: lancashire england | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Normally it's just me being rubbish with computer!
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WithAllMyHeart
Member # 13563

Rate Member
At this point all we can do is wait for them to work it out. Hope for the best, inshallah everything will be okay. I stopped trying to stress myself over something I have no control over. Thats like trying to stop yourself from dying, its impossible. Just leave everything to Allah. Man cannot interfere with what has been decided and ordained by Allah. If you are ment to get married to this person inshallah you will. If you are not ment to be with this person, Allah wills as He pleases.
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would wait a little while if I were you. Recently there seem to be many changes going on in Cairo. I wouldn't be surprised if they reinstated the no objection paper soon.

quote:
Originally posted by shahrzaad:
I wish they did ... I have attorney papers everything and just was bounced back and forth from embassy to MFA or whatever it is called. Both said no. At this time everyone is shaking their heads and pointing at the other country.

Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trababe
Member # 11777

Rate Member
quote:
At this point all we can do is wait for them to work it out. Hope for the best, inshallah everything will be okay. I stopped trying to stress myself over something I have no control over. Thats like trying to stop yourself from dying, its impossible. Just leave everything to Allah. Man cannot interfere with what has been decided and ordained by Allah. If you are ment to get married to this person inshallah you will. If you are not ment to be with this person, Allah wills as He pleases.

good point but i do feel sorry for anyone who is trying to get married now thankful i was ok cos i am from uk
tenngirl9
Member # 9948

Rate Member
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w20/myheartwillgoon_bucket/025_001.jpg

Opps sorry I didnt copy it all. Try this one

doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w20/myheartwillgoon_bucket/025_001.jpg

Opps sorry I didnt copy it all. Try this one

Yup that's them. lol. That's not really the ocean behind them is it? It looks like they took it in front of a poster or something. Very nice though. Not sure if she has to be 18 or not. That's a good question.
Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tenngirl9
Member # 9948

Rate Member
That is the Mediteranian Sea in Alexandria. Sorry I cant spell haha
shahrzaad
Member # 13580

Rate Member
oh my nice picture they look so young [Smile]
shahrzaad
Member # 13580

Rate Member
There is nothing we can do but sit and wait. I write the embassy and get two answers and the third say this is official response and should clear everything up.......????? Only in US could we get so many answers and then be told it is clear...
WithAllMyHeart
Member # 13563

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by trababe:
quote:

good point but i do feel sorry for anyone who is trying to get married now thankful i was ok cos i am from uk
Yeah I agree inshallah it will be fixed as fast as it changed. I am going to keep practicing songs for my wedding, and I am going to continue to "diet" to fit in to my wedding dress. I wont let this confusion get the best of me, nope. Inshallah everything is going to be okay.
tenngirl9
Member # 9948

Rate Member
withallmyheart

Will they take an avidavit from your home town that no marriage is registered there and how long you lived there? plus other records that show you are single like tax returns etc. maybe they will accept other forms of proof, it wouldnt hurt to ask.

WithAllMyHeart
Member # 13563

Rate Member
quote:
withallmyheart

Will they take an avidavit from your home town that no marriage is registered there and how long you lived there? plus other records that show you are single like tax returns etc. maybe they will accept other forms of proof, it wouldnt hurt to ask.

I created an affidavit with the counsel of a lawyer. inshallah I am going to have this affidavit translated in to arabic and I am going to notarize both english and arabic versions. Then inshallah I am going to send it to the State to have it authenticated, then inshallah I have to send it to the US Dept of State to have it authenticated again, then inshallahto the Egyptian Embassy. ALong with this document I am going to have my divorce certificate and divorce decree translated in arabic and authenticated by the State, the US Dept of State, then Egyptian Embassy....all of these documents MIGHT have to be stamped again at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs...i am not sure though, inshallah we will see. I am going to try to get as many documents as possible to plea my case...Their has got to be a way around this. Inshallah everything will be alright.
WithAllMyHeart
Member # 13563

Rate Member
ATTENTION! ATTENTION! ATTENTION! ATTENTION!

I am almost 100% sure that this document below will satisty the Egyptian government if the following steps are followed exactly.

Step 1: Notarize this document in English in front of your local notary public. You will also need to translate it in to arabic and have it notarized in front of an arabic notary public.

Affidavit
State of_____________________

Before me _________________________ of the Notary Public duly commissioned and qualified, personally appeared _________________________who, being duly sworn, deposed and stated:

My name is_____________________________________________________
My passport number is________________issued by________________
on________________________.
I reside in______________________________________________________.
I was born on__________________ in______________________________.
My religion is___________________________________________________.
My fathers name is______________________________he is a national
of_________________________________.
My mothers name is_____________________________she is a national
of_________________________________.
I have been previously married to ________________________________.
a national of____________________________________the marriage was terminated on ______________________________ by__________________ as evidenced by___________________________.
I intend to marry ________________________________________________
who is an_________________________ national and a resident of_______________________.
I am a citizen of the United States of America.
I am not related to my intended spouse by blood or marriage.
I know of no objection or impediment to marriage with the person named above.
I am free from infectious and venereal diseases.

_______________________________ Signature of Affiant

subscribed and sworn before me this ______day of ________________, 200__,
for the contents of the foregoing document I assume no responsibility.

My commission expires: _______________

*CONTACT ME IF YOU WOULD LIKE A VERISON OF THIS AFFIDAVIT IN WORD OR TEXT FORMAT.

Step 2: Once both english and arabic versions have been notarized. Send this document and its translation in arabic to the Secretary of State(i.e. MD, DC, VA, CA, MA....) Once you send this to your Secretary of State they will authenticate this document as an 'original document.' To find the Secretary of State office in your state, go to Google.com and type 'your state_______Secretary of State'(i.e. Maryland Secretary of State.)

Step 3: Then send both versions of the document to the US Department of State for authentication. This is their website it gives you detailed instructions on the procedures to authenticate a document. http://www.state.gov/m/a/auth/

Step 4: Contact your nearest Egyptian Embassy and send them the document to have them certify it. The Egyptian Embassy charges $25 per document for certification.

***IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO HAVE THE US DEPT OF STATE SEAL ON BOTH DOCUMENTS. WITHOUT THEIR SEAL IT MEANS NOTHING IN EGYPT.

***IF YOU HAVE BEEN PREVIOUSLY MARRIED YOU WILL NEED TO REQUEST THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS BELOW:

1. Divorce Certificate
2. Decree of Divorce

*THE CERTIFICATE OF DIVORCE CAN BE REQUESTED FROM THE VITAL RECORDS OFFICE IN THE STATE WHERE YOU WHERE YOU DIVORCED. THE CERTIFICATE NEEDS TO BE TRANSLATED IN TO ARABIC AND THE TRANSLATION SHOULD BE NOTARIZED BY AN ARABIC NOTARY PUBLIC. NEXT YOU WILL FOLLOW THE SAME STEPS AS YOU DID FOR THE AFFIDAVIT ABOVE. SEND IT THE SECRETARY OF STATE, THEN TO THE US DEPT OF STATE, THEN TO THE EGYPTIAN EMBASSY.

*THE DECREE OF DIVORCE NEEDS TO BE REQUESTED FROM THE COURT WHERE YOU WERE DIVORCED. REQUEST A 'TRIPLE SEAL' FOR THIS DOCUMENT. THIS TERM MAYBE DIFFERENT IN EACH STATE. JUST LET THE CLERK AT THE COURT KNOW THAT YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE THE DOCUMENT AUTHENTICATED BY THE SECRETARY OF STATE, AND ASK THE CLERK WHAT KIND OF SERVICE HE CAN PROVIDE, WHETHER ITS NOTARIZING OR PUTTING A SEAL ON THE DOCUMENT. THE DECREE NEEDS TO BE TRANSLATED IN TO ARABIC AS WELL AND NEEDS TO BE NOTARIZED IN FRONT OF AN ARABIC NOTARY PUBLIC. THE NEXT STEP IS THE SAME AS ABOVE. SEND BOTH VERSIONS OF THE DOCUMENT TO THE SECRETARY OF YOUR STATE, THEN TO THE US DEPT OF STATE, THEN TO THE EGYPTIAN EMBASSY.

***ALL OF THESE DOCUMENTS MAY NEED TO BE CERTIFIED BY THE EGYPTIAN MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS IN CAIRO.

****WHEN YOU HAVE COMPLETED ALL OF THESE STEPS, MAIL THESE COPY THE DOCUMENTS FOR YOUR RECORD. THEN SEND THE ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS TO YOUR FIANCE IN EGYPT. DO NOT SEND ANY COPIES, ONLY THE ORIGINALS. HAVE HIM/HER TAKE IT TO THE MINISTRY OF JUSTICE TO CONFIRM THAT IT IS ACCEPTABLE.

WithAllMyHeart
Member # 13563

Rate Member
THIS IS THE LIST OF EGYPTIAN EMBASSY'S IN THE U.S.A.

Egypt's Conuslates in the US and their jurisdiction:

Egyptian Consulate- Washington, D.C.
3521 International court, N.W.
Washington, D. C. 20008
E-Mail: Embassy@egyptembdc.org
Tel: 1 (202) 966-6342
Fax: 1 (202) 244-4319
Covered States: Delaware-Florida-Georgia-Maryland- North and South Carolina- Virginia-Washington, DC- West Virginia

Egyptian Consulate- New York City
1110 Second Avenue
New York, N. Y. 10022
E-mail: Egypteg@aol.com
Tel: 1 (212) 759-7120/7121/7122
Fax: 1 (212) 308-7643
Covered States: Connecticut-Maine-Massachusetts-New Hampshire-New Jersey- Ohio-Pennsylvania-Puerto Rico-Rhode Island-Vermont-New York

Egyptian Consulate- San Francisco
3001 Pacific Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94115
E-mail: Egypt@egy2000.com
Tel: 1(415) 346-9700/9702/9352
Fax: 1(415) 346-9481
Covered States: Alaska-Arizona-California-Idaho-Hawaii-Montana-Nevada-Oregon-Washington-Wyoming-Utah

Egyptian Consulate-Houston
1990 Post Oak Blvd., Suite # 2180
Houston, Texas 77056
Tel: 1(713) 961-4915
Fax:1(713) 961-3868
Covered States: Alabama-Arkansas-Colorado-Kansas-Louisiana-Mississppi-Missouri-New Mexico-Oklahoma-Tennessee-Texas

Egyptian Consulate-Chicago
500 N. Michigan Avenue, 19th Floor, Suite #1900
Chicago. IL 60611
Tel.: 1(312) 828-9162
Fax: 1(312) 828-9167
E-mail: eg2002@eg2002.net
Covered States: Illinois-Indiana-Iowa-Kentucky-Michigan-Minnesota-Nebraska-North and South Dakota –Wisconsin

shahrzaad
Member # 13580

Rate Member
Thanks withallmyheart...... I am going to start work on this first thing Monday morning. Umm where do we find someone to translate into arabic looks like google and I will become even more attached. You have done a good job and I appreciate your posting this information.
LovedOne
Member # 10222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a huge gaping hole in your nice little set of instructions (unless I'm missing something, and I don't think I am).
NOWHERE does it state, from anyone who is CERTIFIED to state so, that you are NOT married!!

What you are trying to send is the same crap that they won't authorize now in Egypt, you're just getting the government to notarize it here instead of there.

How on earth do you think this would work?

Why don't you just accept the fact that for the time being, it isn't possible to get married in Egypt in such a way that it is an acceptable marriage in the U.S. ?
Just have a little patience and calm down and RELAX.
Things will resolve themselves sooner or later.
What's a few more months going to hurt?

Posts: 1283 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WithAllMyHeart
Member # 13563

Rate Member
Once you fill out the document its going to say that you were married and now divorced. Now for the people who have never been married they can type in that they have never been married. What you missed is the part where it says"...for the contents of the foregoing document I assume no responsibility." This statement has to be within the body of the affidavit otherwise the person wont notarize it nor can it go through the authentication process. This statement is self-explanatory, whoever is notarizing the document cannot be penalized for the falsity or the incorrect information. They are only swearing under oath that the information is true. Even the original affidavit at the embassy had this statement within it.You see this affidavit does not exist in the USA, so if its needed by someone it would need to be created, which is what the US Embassy in Cairo did. Before all this mess happend some people use to get the lawyers to draw up such document and get it notarized. On the embassy website they say they are "...no longer providing..." they are telling you they are not providing it but it doesnt say anything about you creating your own. I read the US Consular Handbook. Consular official are not allowed to give out any legal advice. They may know a solution but they cant tell you because its against the U.S. policy for ANY of them to give you legal advice. All the man at the embassy told me was " you need to work it out with the Egyptian gov't" that was it....Inshallah I am going to find a solution one way or another. I am going to try anything to try to fix this. When you love someone, you do whatever you can to be with that person. If you were in my situation you would realize a few more months DOES hurt.
LovedOne
Member # 10222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually dear, I *am* in your situation and I'm pretty darn sure I have been waiting longer than you have, so don't assume you know everything there is to know.
Posts: 1283 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WithAllMyHeart
Member # 13563

Rate Member
INSHALLAH EVERYTHING IS GOING TO BE ALRIGHT.
WithAllMyHeart
Member # 13563

Rate Member
No dont you assume you know everything that their is to know. I dont know how long you've been waiting, and you sure enough dont know how long I have been waiting. Don't assume because I registered in May 2007 that I have not been waiting a long time. DONT YOU ASSUME. Atleast I said "IF,...."
LovedOne
Member # 10222

And don't assume that I have been waiting for the length of time that I have been registered here on this board.

Why would you even think that I would assume that about you?

And since I can't assume, why don't you tell us all how long you have been waiting?

You seriously need to relax lady.

Autumnshyne
Member # 13640

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Autumnshyne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel for you lady! I got married a year ago and the US Embassy here is nothing but trouble! Almost everyone is less than helpful.

PS- Don't ask for Issac ya habibi in the Embassy. He'll tell you no for everything.

Posts: 52 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WithAllMyHeart
Member # 13563

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by LovedOne:
Actually dear, I *am* in your situation and I'm pretty darn sure I have been waiting longer than you have, so don't assume you know everything there is to know.

Read your post and tell me who started making assumptions first. You seem so pretti darn sure you've been waiting longer than me, the only way you could have based that assumption was from my registry. Otherwise you have no base on such a statement. If you must know I have been waiting one year to marry my fiance. They just happen to suspend this affidavit when I went to Egypt. Regardless how long I have been waiting is irrelevent. It doesnt make the situation any easier because I havent been waiting longer than you. So you dont assume. Unless I get rejected by the Egyptian gov't when I inshallah send this document, then you dont know. Dont beat it before you try it.
WithAllMyHeart
Member # 13563

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Autumnshyne:
I feel for you lady! I got married a year ago and the US Embassy here is nothing but trouble! Almost everyone is less than helpful.

PS- Don't ask for Issac ya habibi in the Embassy. He'll tell you no for everything.

Tell me about it, they are unorganized as well. Instead of helping, they cause more trouble, its terrible, how is one suppose to turn to their embassy for help when we view them in such a bad light. They are suspicious of everyone, especially arabs, I mean damn not everyone is a terrorist you know, its the bad ones that make it difficult for the ones that mean no harm.
shahrzaad
Member # 13580

Rate Member
I was one of those that missed marriage by 10 days. I did everything I should. I have papers authenticated and stamped. BUT rules changed 10 days!!! before I got there. There was no way to anticipate, I had no reason to suspect it just happened. I am calm of course. I am reasonable of course. That does not mean I have not stopped knocking on doors and rattling chains to find an answer. Sure, they will work it out.. I have called, emailed the american and egyptian embassy. I have networked with others that are seeking solutions. My egyptian attorney gave me the dept of state. What I did not get translated was that the "paper" needed to be authenticated from there.

This paper is not all that has to be done. It is simple to look at and not that difficult to fill out. It is the other papers that are going to take the time. Then we must translate it. And then there are all the stamps and authentications to go on it. So, I don't see this as a FAST solution and maybe there will be a resolution before we complete this process. BUT this is the best we have for now and I for one thank withallmyheart for her sharing it with us.

LovedOne
Member # 10222

All I'm trying to say is RELAX.
Before going through all this trouble and the expense of having these forms translated, notarized, sent back and forth, etc., etc., etc., have your fiance print out what you think you need and have him go down to the MOJ or wherever and *ask* them if they'll accept it.
Why waste your time and get your hopes up and pay for all that if it won't work??!!!

The fact is, the Egyptian government obviously has a reason for doing what they did.
Yes I understand you want to get married.
Yes I have been waiting longer than you.
What have I learned from that? That getting excited and jumping up and down and demanding that life gives you what you want, isn't the answer.
[Razz]

We all want to get married and start our lives, but a few more months isn't going to kill any of us.
I am past tired of waiting, let me tell you, but you can't force life to give you what you want.

You have been posting like mad on this board about this situation and I just feel that it might help if you stepped back and took a deep breath and RELAXED.

I also find it irresponsible for you to be telling people that you are "almost 100% sure this would work." Why don't you wait til you know for sure before telling people stuff like that?

Allah knows best.

WithAllMyHeart
Member # 13563

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by LovedOne:
All I'm trying to say is RELAX.
Before going through all this trouble and the expense of having these forms translated, notarized, sent back and forth, etc., etc., etc., have your fiance print out what you think you need and have him go down to the MOJ or wherever and *ask* them if they'll accept it.
Why waste your time and get your hopes up and pay for all that if it won't work??!!!

The fact is, the Egyptian government obviously has a reason for doing what they did.
Yes I understand you want to get married.
Yes I have been waiting longer than you.
What have I learned from that? That getting excited and jumping up and down and demanding that life gives you what you want, isn't the answer.
[Razz]

We all want to get married and start our lives, but a few more months isn't going to kill any of us.
I am past tired of waiting, let me tell you, but you can't force life to give you what you want.

You have been posting like mad on this board about this situation and I just feel that it might help if you stepped back and took a deep breath and RELAXED.

I also find it irresponsible for you to be telling people that you are "almost 100% sure this would work." Why don't you wait til you know for sure before telling people stuff like that?

Allah knows best.

I created this post so thats why I keep myself posted on the things that are posted here. Just because I post alot does not mean I am not relaxed. Having my fiance print what I need is not sufficient, only one of the documents can be printed, the others needs to be authenticated. I am not getting my hopes up...I am keeping my hope alive by not giving up. When at first you dont succeed, dust yourself off and try again. By creating this affidavit I havent demanded anything from life. Nor am I jumping up and down about it. I know their is a chance that it might not work, but you will never know unless you try. I hardly find it demanding that I created a affidavit that MIGHT be accepted by the Egyptian Gov't. I specifically put that, ..."I am almost 100% sure..." for the simple fact that I am not sure it will work. It would be irresponsible for me to TELL THEM, that it does work. I am considerate enough to post my ideas. It is their decision if they decide to try my idea or not. Which is the reason why I put that I am almost 100% sure, because OBVIOUSLY, I am not 100% sure it will work. If I know for a fact it worked. I would post that I am 100% sure, not that I am almost 100% sure.
WithAllMyHeart
Member # 13563

Rate Member
If you want something to get done, you dont sit around waiting for it to happen. You try to make it happen, UNLESS you have no choice, then clearly you have to sit and wait. In this case, I am going to try to see what I can do to make it happen, If all else fails, then I will wait. Until then inshallah I will keep going. The one thing your right about is, Allah knows best. Allah knows best whether this will work or not.
WithAllMyHeart
Member # 13563

Rate Member
A person would have to be a fool, to believe EVERYTHING, they hear, read, or see. Its a chance. Some people out their are desperate enough to try anything. I am not pushing this any faster than you are. I know that if I am ment to marry my fiance it will happen. Man cannot stop what has already been decreed by Allah(swt.)
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Think about it, are the Egyptians going to accept an alternative while they are trying to make the Embassy follow their wording.

Of course not because then otherwise why would the Embassy change.

Please don't be so naive

--------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Breaking News

Just heard from a friend in Cairo if you turn up at the Ministry with an American passport they turn you away. Don't care what papers you have, don't even look. They are waiting to be told they can marry Americans.

--------------------

This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  14  15  16   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com