EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Your days are fast or slow (think about it) » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Sobriquet
Member # 13217
 - posted
A- “Physical time is public time, the time that clocks are designed to measure. Psychological time is private time. It is perhaps best understood as awareness of physical time. Psychological time passes swiftly for us while we are enjoying reading a book, but it slows dramatically if we are waiting anxiously for the water to boil on the stove. The slowness is probably due to focusing our attention on shorter intervals of physical time.”

Source: http://www.iep.utm.edu/t/time.htm#H2

B- “Time will be shortened so that a year will be like a month, a month like a day, a day like an hour."

Source: Prophet Muhammad (saw) Re: Signs of the last hour (end of civilization as we know it). http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/pillars/signsofthelasthour.html
It is supported in authentic traditions including Sahih Bukari and Sahih Muslim

When I was a kid it seemed like my days were slow even when I was having fun. Now the days are flying by and sometimes I could only wish for them to slow down. July was a blur.

So how are your days, fast or slow?

Sobriquet
Member # 13217
 - posted
Well it’s time to sleep now that’s for sure but for those of you who choose to reply, think about it. My argument is not that the world is coming to an end, my contention is that time to me at least is moving faster now as opposed to several years ago. Philosophers will argue that time is relative and I agree, especially with regards to our circumstances and anticipations.

However I believe the Universe as a whole, time wise is moving slightly faster and I know this contradicts ‘public time’ and so I’ll leave this open to debate ….

LovedOne
Member # 10222
 - posted
Interesting questions.
[Smile]

Right now "my" time is passing the slowest in memory, waiting for the trip.

In general, I would agree or say that it seems as if time passes faster these days, however maybe that's something that is felt as we age?

Angel Heart
Member # 13767
 - posted
My days pass so fast, and i always think that I still dont have enough time for relax. [Frown]

Trollin'
Member # 6244
 - posted
Oh, I think time passes more slowly for kids. I remember thinking of the beginning of each summer vacation as a lifetime. And now it passes so quickly.

?????
Member # 12336
 - posted
The older ppl get, the faster time seems to be.
I don`t know why, maybe it`s because the part "history" and "memory" takes a larger part, while the part "future" gets smaller and smaller.
A child has only future in front, the part about memory and history is limited.
All our expierences together are based on the parts history and memory. It has made us as we are right now. We have learned from it. At the same time we have gotten more awareness, about all what`s behind, and all what might happen to us in the future.
This awareness, together with personal skills as intellengence, makes ur having notion of that everything what will happen, is temporary. No matter what will happen, it`s a period, there is only one certainty: death.

mysticheart
Member # 6838
 - posted
Time when i am in the states away from my husband passes very slowly then when i am here with him it flies past. Its hard to believe i have been here for nearly 48 hours already. Time to stop time lol.

marydotapple
Member # 13361
 - posted
My time is going slowly because Iam on a weeks hoilday from work. [Big Grin]

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com