EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » WILL HE HAVE TO GO??????? » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
amrssnowangel
Member # 6789
 - posted
Hi,
I have read this forum for almost 2 years and this is my first post.

My Egyptian BF lives in Cairo. He finishes University soon and will do his paperwork for the military. He has one married older brother with a family. He is the last one home and his father is 60. His mom has health issues.

My question: Does anyone know in what situations he could be exempt from the military? Im not talking marriage..but other reasons, like being the only son at home. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.

7aya
Member # 7043
 - posted
i dont really know that much about this issue. but i have heard that if the father is over 60 there is a possibility that the son would be exempted from service.

candy
Member # 10393
 - posted
He's not the only son u have said he as older brother married, then he ill not be exempted

amrsangel
Member # 10344
 - posted
He has an older MARRIED brother with a wife and baby. That won't make a difference? Also, I understand that they only take what they need in each graduating class based on thier studies. If they have no need for say...an engineer in a specific field ...then they don't take them..but would he have to serve at a later time then? Once exempted is that forever?

ShannonAmr
Member # 10352
 - posted
It doesn't sound like he'd be exempt, but he CAN pay to stay out of the military. My fiance does this. He will have to pay until he's 30, I believe... and than he'll never have to worry about it again.

ShannonAmr
Member # 10352
 - posted
Isn't it strange that there are THREE "Amr"s in this chat... [Smile]

akshar
Member # 1680
 - posted
Why would he want to escape his duty, my husband didn't. It wasn't pleasant but he did it. I think it made him the man he is today and I am proud he didn't try and get out of it.

amrssnowangel
Member # 6789
 - posted
Akshar, it's odd how people interpret things. Let me clear up any confusion. I never said he wanted to escape his military duty. I was questioning in what cases he would be exempt. It stems from my own fears.

SannonAmr: not so strange since the name AMR is sooooooo common (at least that's what I hope..could they all be the same???) (kidding) But do tell me....how did he PAY to stay out of the military, and was he still able to travel? So he is paying like a fine/bribe to stay out? May I ask how much or if its a lot he has to pay?

Once again to keep this clear. My guy ISN'T looking for a way out. Its ME that wants the education.

Thanks for all the insight.

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com