EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » stories/advice about marriage contracts in Egypt? » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
NYtoPortSaid
Member # 10697
 - posted
Do you guys have any stories/advice about marriage contracts in Egypt?

_Masrawi_
Member # 9597
 - posted
yeah ... dont get any.

Luxorlover
Member # 4457
 - posted
Think twice .........

NYtoPortSaid
Member # 10697
 - posted
don't get any marriage contracts?

won't they help provide my american rights while on egyptian soil?

_Masrawi_
Member # 9597
 - posted
quite the opposite.

Madame M.
Member # 8386
 - posted
http://marriage.about.com/od/international/p/egypt.htm
http://cairo.usembassy.gov/consular/marriage.htm

These sites list the requirements for a foreigner to marry in Egypt. Be aware that there is a rather substantial amount of running around to do when marrying in Cairo. If you get an early start you can finish it same day. You can put stips in the marriage contract. What types of rights were you hoping to protect?

newcomer
Member # 1056
 - posted
Hi NYtoPortSaid!

If you do a search around the forum for "marriage contract" you will see lots of information. Come back if you still have any more questions. [Smile]

Tibe
Member # 10253
 - posted
My egyptian friend has a hard time getting divorces from his German wife. They married 8 years ago and on the contract they had written that he was to give her 3000 D-mark - 1500 Euro if he wanted to divorce. He hasn't got the 1500 euros and he dont want to borrow them from either me or anybody else.
Is such a contract normal in Egypt??

He says that when ( I say IF!!!!!) we marry he wants a contract that will give me 500.000 euros incase of him wanting to divorce me as a sign of how much he loves me and as an "assurance" that he will never leave me. In my opinion a bit strange......... Normal fore egy guys????

ChImPs
Member # 10093
 - posted
im only worth £10 [Razz]

Barbapapa
Member # 10031
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Tibe:
He says that when ( I say IF!!!!!) we marry he wants a contract that will give me 500.000 euros incase of him wanting to divorce me as a sign of how much he loves me and as an "assurance" that he will never leave me. [/QB]

Pfff...words, only words...who will then force him to give you this money? You don't speak Arabic, you're a foreigner, and you don't know the country. He doesn't take a big risk...Be careful with this kind of guys, he wouldn't say so silly words to an Egyptian woman [Smile]

Charm El Feikh?
Member # 10243
 - posted
have him put the money in a bank account BEFORE the wedding!

Barbapapa
Member # 10031
 - posted
Who can get these 500.000 euros, even in the West? This man will never get half of this money at the end of his life. So if this is a condition for marrying her... [Smile]

Tibe
Member # 10253
 - posted
No its not a condition. He knows he will never have that kind of money so therefore he will never ask me fore a divorce.....weird.....
But marriage is not in the picture fore me anyway.

Sahara Sands
Member # 10523
 - posted
ONE LE WAS MY DOWERY.CAN'T BEAT THAT

ChImPs
Member # 10093
 - posted
man does he love you

Sahara Sands
Member # 10523
 - posted
Loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee,Ha,Ha,Ha,Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

ExptinCAI
Member # 1439
 - posted
quote:
My egyptian friend has a hard time getting divorces from his German wife. They married 8 years ago and on the contract they had written that he was to give her 3000 D-mark - 1500 Euro if he wanted to divorce. He hasn't got the 1500 euros and he dont want to borrow them from either me or anybody else.

He says that when ( I say IF!!!!!) we marry he wants a contract that will give me 500.000 euros incase of him wanting to divorce me as a sign of how much he loves me and as an "assurance" that he will never leave me. In my opinion a bit strange......... Normal fore egy guys????

Oh god, I hope this is a different friend and not your love interest. Otherwise this story just gets worse and worse.

He doesn't have to pay her the money. She can say he doesn't need to legally (this is part of the money he's suppose to pay at the start of the marriage and most people divide this into a small sum at the start and a larger sum to be paid during time..or in case of a divorce a fixed amount upon termination of marriage contract). If she says he doesn't need, to they can divorce very fast - they both walk away with the property that's in their names, even if accumulated during the marriage. There's no haggling over who gets what during the divorce.

And frankly, I can't believe any german would find that amount so high she'd rather stay married to a man than get 1,500 euros.

Also, I don't know what she could do about it legally unless she was in egypt to go to court about it.

Sorry, but this story just send big red alarm out. It doesn't add up.

ChImPs
Member # 10093
 - posted
EXSPLAINS IT THEN !!!!over and out

Morgan
Member # 6662
 - posted
quote:
No its not a condition. He knows he will never have that kind of money so therefore he will never ask me fore a divorce.....weird.....

He is a typical scammer [Big Grin] don't do it
at first he don't wont to take money from you to make him look nice
But i can asure you he will soon
Don't do it,dont barrow him anything you will never see your money again,an no gift a decent woman don't by gift to a man'she is not married to
He has no respect for you at all,a decent egyptian will never talk too you abaut this money problem [Embarrassed]

Tibe
Member # 10253
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Morgan:
quote:

He is a typical scammer [Big Grin] don't do it
at first he don't wont to take money from you to make him look nice
But i can asure you he will soon
Don't do it,dont barrow him anything you will never see your money again,an no gift a decent woman don't by gift to a man'she is not married to
He has no respect for you at all,a decent egyptian will never talk too you abaut this money problem [Embarrassed]

And you know this because.............. (?)

Tibe
Member # 10253
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by ExptinCAI:
quote:

Oh god, I hope this is a different friend and not your love interest. Otherwise this story just gets worse and worse.

He doesn't have to pay her the money. She can say he doesn't need to legally (this is part of the money he's suppose to pay at the start of the marriage and most people divide this into a small sum at the start and a larger sum to be paid during time..or in case of a divorce a fixed amount upon termination of marriage contract). If she says he doesn't need, to they can divorce very fast - they both walk away with the property that's in their names, even if accumulated during the marriage. There's no haggling over who gets what during the divorce.

And frankly, I can't believe any german would find that amount so high she'd rather stay married to a man than get 1,500 euros.

Also, I don't know what she could do about it legally unless she was in egypt to go to court about it.

Sorry, but this story just send big red alarm out. It doesn't add up.

She want the 1500 just to "harras" him because they had a lot of trouble in the end.
I dont give him a penny and he knows that -and he has never asked me to. Only sharred economy when people live together thats my "philosophy".

ExptinCAI
Member # 1439
 - posted
Oh yes. Of course. Poor him. What else could it be. She hates him SOOOOOO much she wants to make him miserable so she rather stay married to someone she hates.

Yeah. That makes sense.

Not.

wardar
Member # 8221
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by ChImPs:
im only worth £10 [Razz]

Chimps, your a cheap bird just like me [Big Grin] I think i can kiss my 100LE goodbye lol

ChImPs
Member # 10093
 - posted
hehehe kool one like it [Wink]

wardar
Member # 8221
 - posted
Thank God you didnt take offence lol, glad you have a sense of humour, we need it on here [Wink]

ChImPs
Member # 10093
 - posted
me im not mind u wanna see sumof the insults im get and im not even spoke to these people rude ..it dont bother me itsonly a forum ..shudnt hurt yah its just keyboared and a moniter ..isint it..where do youlive im in peterborough u..

Corvinous.
Member # 10836
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by ExptinCAI:
Oh yes. Of course. Poor him. What else could it be. She hates him SOOOOOO much she wants to make him miserable so she rather stay married to someone she hates.

Yeah. That makes sense.

Not.

[Eek!] You know them too well, don't ya ??? [Eek!]

wardar
Member # 8221
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by ChImPs:
me im not mind u wanna see sumof the insults im get and im not even spoke to these people rude ..it dont bother me itsonly a forum ..shudnt hurt yah its just keyboared and a moniter ..isint it..where do youlive im in peterborough u..

Sunny Birmingham me, though not so sunny today [Frown]

ChImPs
Member # 10093
 - posted
brummy gal hey kool

wardar
Member # 8221
 - posted
Dunno about kool chimps, have you ever heard our accents? It has to be the most common sounding of England, i hate it, though have to admit Dudley accent (west midlands)is worse, and i get asked if im from dudley. [Eek!]

ChImPs
Member # 10093
 - posted
if you comply to all regulations of the immigration agreement and you have given them what they ask for ,on what grounds can they actually deny you a visa ,..even if nothing is bad ..just wanted to know ..uk embassy any one know any thing to why this can happen ,but when appealed u win the case and the jusdge says it shud have never been denyed ..do you think its to amake money that they do this or not ...

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com