EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » problems w/ my Egyptian man

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: problems w/ my Egyptian man
carolina9
Member # 6510

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for carolina9     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi everyone! after a long hiatus, i'm back chatting. Ok, my egyptian bf and i are approaching our 1 yr anniversary of dating. we are having some problems though! He has come to terms with the fact that i live in a 4 bedroom apt with one male roommate. this is NOT COOL in his muslim culture but he has accepted it here in America. (we both live in nyc) anyway, i asked him for help in setting up my bed in the apartment and neither he nor I could figure the damn thing out. logically, (or so i thought) i asked my male roommate to help us and he figured out how to set the bed up. oh, Esam (my bf) got soooo mad! well, i just think his feelings were hurt. we discussed it and i know i should get over it but it's still nagging me.

now tell me about how he reacted: is this just a typical macho male thing? Or is this something deeper, a Muslim arab thing that, if we marry, i will have to deal with my entire life? am i going to be sleeping on the floor forever just b/c of his stupid pride??? are we never going to ask for directions or help and just be lost all the time? auggh! he is so sweet and gentle and funny, but at times like this- i could kill him! do any other women feel frustrated with their Egyptian bf's HUGE EGO?
write back!

Posts: 25 | From: burlington, vt, usa | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nevermind
Member # 6674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nevermind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of the most difficult things in life I think is to try see yourself in a similar situation. Although it is th emost simplest genius recipe ever, we rarely do it, and even then it is too late already

But imagine you standing with a book of recipes when he arrives to dinner and scratching your head and mumbling "just can't understand how they make this thing here..." or even that you are already taking the burned sloppy thing out of the oven and presenting to him, at which he will briskly stand up from the table and go knock at the door of this cute blond girl next door, and ask her please come make dinner for you...
???
just try inhale the live feeling of it - a live, bosomy, gorgeous blonde girl next door and her food just melts in the mouth, too... and he already knows that, too... and he is already depending on her, too...

P.S. And - no, they never ask for directions, and yes, you will forever be lost as far as they are concerned. Nothing specifically Egyptian here, though

[This message has been edited by nevermind (edited 29 June 2005).]

Posts: 1051 | From: Menoufeya | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
carolina9
Member # 6510

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for carolina9     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ha ha, i love it! ok, so maybe it's just a male thing and i'm just overly paranoid.
Posts: 25 | From: burlington, vt, usa | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chispita
Member # 7754

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for chispita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Hi Im in the same situation that u are its been two years that i have been with my egypting bf and I still cant understand him some times. I think it is a macho thing, just be very, very, very patient with him becouse if youre not it will drive u crazy like it has driven me for the past two yrs. Just think of the great times u have toghether and that will get you through
a lot of head eches.

Posts: 4 | From: miami, fl | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by carolina9:
ha ha, i love it! ok, so maybe it's just a male thing and i'm just overly paranoid.

Yes, the is a huge no no in his culture. I have had male roommates years before I met my husband and when I told him he got silent.
He wasn't okay with it and told me not to tell his family.

If you want to have a future with him I'd get a female roommate. I know its easier to have a male roommate, female roommates are hell especially if they are hefty and think they can fit your clothes. grrrr.

This is one of the reasons why Egyptian women don't live on their own before marriage.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubles101
Member # 4543

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Troubles101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by carolina9:
hi everyone! after a long hiatus, i'm back chatting. Ok, my egyptian bf and i are approaching our 1 yr anniversary of dating. we are having some problems though! He has come to terms with the fact that i live in a 4 bedroom apt with one male roommate. this is NOT COOL in his muslim culture but he has accepted it here in America. (we both live in nyc) anyway, i asked him for help in setting up my bed in the apartment and neither he nor I could figure the damn thing out. logically, (or so i thought) i asked my male roommate to help us and he figured out how to set the bed up. oh, Esam (my bf) got soooo mad! well, i just think his feelings were hurt. we discussed it and i know i should get over it but it's still nagging me.

now tell me about how he reacted: is this just a typical macho male thing? Or is this something deeper, a Muslim arab thing that, if we marry, i will have to deal with my entire life? am i going to be sleeping on the floor forever just b/c of his stupid pride??? are we never going to ask for directions or help and just be lost all the time? auggh! he is so sweet and gentle and funny, but at times like this- i could kill him! do any other women feel frustrated with their Egyptian bf's HUGE EGO?
write back!

Men hate failure and it feels worse when it comes in front of the one they are suppose to take care of, and the worst when their faliure is fixed by a guy who they may find as a challenge to their relationship with the woman.If you had expressed much gratitude and happiness towards the guy who fixed the bed, the other guy would have comitted suicide.Yes it's very serious guys. Look at how Male lion treat any male lion who ever come close to his women.

Posts: 1732 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubles101
Member # 4543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troubles101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sonomod:

This is one of the reasons why Egyptian women don't live on their own before marriage.

Very infomative!

Posts: 1732 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Troubles101:
Very infomative!

Upset your Brooklyn girl isn't allowed here anymore?

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubles101
Member # 4543

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Troubles101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sonomod:
Upset your Brooklyn girl isn't allowed here anymore?

Yeh unless you wanna deal with her directly? but remember,like you, she lives on Human flesh

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com