EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Dating an egyptian man need advice

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dating an egyptian man need advice
Christieann
Member # 8297

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Christieann     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I first met Shenouda about a year ago. He came into my place of work, told me that he would quit his job so he could look into my eyes all day. I thought this to be way over the top, and smiled he handed me his phone number and left. This went on for over a year. I never said yes, I was always freindly and had fun talking to him. His Uncle owns 18 Gas Stations in the surrounding Seattle WA area. I would stop by one of them on my home from work, and Shenouda would show up shortly after my arrival. Now a year and one half later I gave him a business card (I sell real estate) after a very profound dream I had. Shenouda came to me in the dream kissed me and went to turn away. I then said wait I have made a mistake. Then two days later he called and we went on our first date. The date was very passionate, went to Alki beach watched the sunset. I have never been with someone so forward, first date would be just a kiss good night. But this was hours of kissing. I felt like I had known him forever. Now we have had a second date and it was a month in between the two dates. We spoke a few times in the four weeks we did not see each other. The second date was much like the first, more talking the second date but hours of kissing. He also asked if I would consider getting married again, I have been divorced. He went on vacation last week, called me while on vaca and asked if I missed him. I also had a huge pool party at my home for the Fourth of July. He wanted to know if I had invited anyone I liked, my reply was no I liked him. He expresses so little of his emotion he is hard to read most of the time. One factor I left out was when we first met, and he gave me his number I asked how old he was. He is 28 I told him I was 40 and divorced and had children. He said he did not care. I thought about this alot, he comes from a very wealthy family ( I have done business with his Uncle). I know he is here on a work visa. He has many egyptian freinds here with him they all work for Shenouda.So if it is not money, or a green card is he truly just interested in me. He is very affectionate when we are together. But when we not together our longest phone call was seven minutes. He has told me that he respects that I care for him, and always telling me I am such a good person, nice person. Does this mean I like you as a freind ? What the heck does it mean ? On the second date we started kissing and I told him I only was kissing like this because I liked him alot. His reply was we could start dating. Does that mean we will date more? Does that mean boyfreind girlfreind. I just need some help. I have read many posts and have enjoyed them. Thank you for your help.
Posts: 1 | From: Seattle Washington USA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The person you should ask all these questions is him. All though your post was long and informative I couldn't judge him on that basis.

Sit down and think all the things you want to understand and then ask him about them, that is the only way you are going to get the answers you need.

Cover things like religion, children, where he wants to live, age difference, his parents attitudes, etc etc

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Christie, why not just ask? I know, it is un-American to ask any questions until 5.7 'friendly meetings' (in no way we can call then DATES, now can we?? ), but you have passed the shyness of a 14 years old, so you can do it, girl! JUST ASK him what his intentions are. You will never feel the peace of mind until you find out his true feelings as it seems you are more and more interested in this guy. 7 minutes phone call really mean nothing as some guys hate talking on the phone so do not panic.
I wish you luck.

Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
carolina9
Member # 6510

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for carolina9     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Christie Ann,
i am an American girl and my Egyptian boyfriend and I are just one week away from our first anniversary of dating. like your man, he too is from Egypt but he is now living in America with a work permit. trust me, stop playing guessing games with him and just ask him directly what he wants! you must be direct with ALL MEN (not just Egyptian) if you want to know what they think. if you want him to date you, then just ask. if you don't want to date him seriously, then don't get involved. it sounds like you like his kissing thought, so why not be more direct?

Posts: 25 | From: burlington, vt, usa | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melinda
Member # 7949

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for Melinda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beware he may be a sleeper cell terrorist.
Posts: 33 | From: American | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
1mangang
Member # 6403

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for 1mangang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Melinda:
Beware he may be a sleeper cell terrorist.

then again he could be the American guy who
tortures and rapes women in America,
what was he called? The BTK Killer?

Posts: 751 | From: US OF A | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melinda
Member # 7949

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for Melinda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 1mangang:

No I think his name was Mohammed Ahmed Sheik Abdallah bin al Sheib

Posts: 33 | From: American | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptianbeast
Member # 7516

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptianbeast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Melinda:
No I think his name was Mohammed Ahmed Sheik Abdallah bin al Sheib

maybe terry nichols or timothy mcveigh?

Posts: 166 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morgan
Member # 6662

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Morgan   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 1mangang:

LOL U really looking dawn on urself are u that baaaddd !

tortures and rapes women in America,=
they do that everywhere

Posts: 1223 | From: Home | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faithful
Member # 8374

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for faithful     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Christieann:
I first met Shenouda about a year ago. He came into my place of work, told me that he would quit his job so he could look into my eyes all day. I thought this to be way over the top, and smiled he handed me his phone number and left. This went on for over a year. I never said yes, I was always freindly and had fun talking to him. His Uncle owns 18 Gas Stations in the surrounding Seattle WA area. I would stop by one of them on my home from work, and Shenouda would show up shortly after my arrival. Now a year and one half later I gave him a business card (I sell real estate) after a very profound dream I had. Shenouda came to me in the dream kissed me and went to turn away. I then said wait I have made a mistake. Then two days later he called and we went on our first date. The date was very passionate, went to Alki beach watched the sunset. I have never been with someone so forward, first date would be just a kiss good night. But this was hours of kissing. I felt like I had known him forever. Now we have had a second date and it was a month in between the two dates. We spoke a few times in the four weeks we did not see each other. The second date was much like the first, more talking the second date but hours of kissing. He also asked if I would consider getting married again, I have been divorced. He went on vacation last week, called me while on vaca and asked if I missed him. I also had a huge pool party at my home for the Fourth of July. He wanted to know if I had invited anyone I liked, my reply was no I liked him. He expresses so little of his emotion he is hard to read most of the time. One factor I left out was when we first met, and he gave me his number I asked how old he was. He is 28 I told him I was 40 and divorced and had children. He said he did not care. I thought about this alot, he comes from a very wealthy family ( I have done business with his Uncle). I know he is here on a work visa. He has many egyptian freinds here with him they all work for Shenouda.So if it is not money, or a green card is he truly just interested in me. He is very affectionate when we are together. But when we not together our longest phone call was seven minutes. He has told me that he respects that I care for him, and always telling me I am such a good person, nice person. Does this mean I like you as a freind ? What the heck does it mean ? On the second date we started kissing and I told him I only was kissing like this because I liked him alot. His reply was we could start dating. Does that mean we will date more? Does that mean boyfreind girlfreind. I just need some help. I have read many posts and have enjoyed them. Thank you for your help.

Posts: 5 | From: Orlando, Florida, USA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faithful
Member # 8374

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for faithful     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Christieann,
To tell the truth, it sounds like you are more interested in him than he is in you. Do not rule out the possibility that he wants to marry you to obtain citizenship. Egyptian men are very patient. I know I should not stereotype. So, let me clear the air. My mother met an Egpytian man over the Internet. The started talking over the phone and then she went to visit him on a few occasions. She married him in Egypt a couple of years ago. They had been talking over the Internet and phone about three years total. He said sweet words to her always. She let me read the wonderful things he said over the Internet. It was more than a lonely heart could take. He would cried on the phone how much he loved her and wanted to be with her. Then, my mother petitioned to have him come over and he came this January. He did not take long for his kind act to simmer. Now it is July and he argues with her about money. He doesn't want to work; he wants her to put him into business or send him to school. He is cold, arrogant, and mean except when he wants something. He is good at manipulation. My mother now wants him to go back but she does not know how to do it. I am saying this because she is 66 and he is 36. She would not listen when I told her to use her head and treat him like any other man. Sweet words are just words but to lonely aching women they a jewels. Just know the difference. Good luck. Love is never easy and hardly ever reciprocated.
quote:
Originally posted by Christieann:

Posts: 5 | From: Orlando, Florida, USA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com