EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » your avatar and you

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: your avatar and you
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
how much does the avatar you use say about you?

mine is offensive to a few people here! i cant believe that!!!

people assume im a man (that shows you what people think of men)!!

i see the avatar first, a few times ive been confused by what ive read... then realised its not that person!!

when minry changed her avatar i dreamt about confusing her with my aunt!
(youve all seen the 'you know when youve been on ES too long when' thread about the avatar dinner party)

lately jesus changed his avatar... and name and i think of him still as the frank sinatra hat.

some people really suit their avatars.... how can that be???? when tootie changed to the clown it made sense to me!!!!

organized crime said "sonomod had become such a part of my psyche"

if youve changed your name and avatar, like bon bom did... why?

what made you choose your avatar?
or name..
if you dont post with one... can i ask why?

what have you noticed about avatars?
and names... does it affect your mentle image of the poster?

sorry if this is boring... its just a bit of silliness... cant be serious ALL the time!!!!

Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good morning, Charm! [Smile]

First of all, I don't find your avatar offensive although muslims in general dislike pigs due to religious reasons so pork meat is haram (forbidden) to eat. But then again look how they treat their other animals so actually I am happy that pigs don't have to go through the same misery.

Although I must say I once left another forum because of an offensive avatar. One moderator used a Hitler avatar and I told that this is totally inappropriate. He got very offensive that this was none of my business and actually it was supposed to be a joke anyway. Well, I decided I don't have to stay on a forum where people think like that (a moderator after all!) although I missed communicating with Monica for a while. And believe me especially in Egypt I heard too many times that the late dictator was such a 'great man' once they heard I came from Germany.

But back to the 'piggy' subject: I also have a little piglet poster over my computer hanging so I like these animals, my kids have stuffed animals incl. pigs they snuggle and play with. My grandfather and aunt both had farms and when I was younger during the summer holidays I would run chores on there incl. feeding pigs the leftovers (very smelly job although [Embarrassed] ).

And I stopped eating pork meat a good two months ago (how influential can be one TV documentary! [Eek!] ), infact I stay completely away now from meat so you don't have to worry about me, I am not going to be after you. [Wink]

I LOVE PIGGIES, PIGLETS, PIGS!!!!!!!

About my avatar, well I use this one and it was second choice after I saw that ES member did el_sayed already used the one I wanted and actually more look like. I like to identify myself with a picture, I just can't imagine to post here as a coffee mug or something else. Well if the admins would have offered some flower avatars I would have definitely jumped on that too (a tigerlilly would have been perfect [Wink] ).

The choice of avatars is very limited here on this forum and I think the way people choose their usernames is more interesting anyway.

I came on here as 'Tigerlily' because first of all I like that name, I think it's beautiful, it's unique, it's a flower, it's a name of a CD by Natalie Merchant (my husband introduced me to her great music BTW), it's the name of the princess in the Walt Disney movie Peter Pan, Woody Allen even made a movie (What's up Tigerlily?)... I purposely chose a non-Arabic username for this forum to show I am foreigner.

Well, Charm, how about you? [Wink]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mac0623
Member # 10529

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mac0623     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think when you are typing to a person you get a mental image of that person ,what it says about the person umm i dont know.i think the person will choses thier avatar which they think suits them,i could think of a few more pictures to put with people [Roll Eyes] [Razz] [Big Grin]
Posts: 1344 | From: uk/ | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by *Tigerlily*:
And believe me especially in Egypt I heard too many times that the late dictator was such a 'great man' once they heard I came from Germany.

Same here. [Frown] [Frown] [Frown]
Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melati
Member # 9610

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have that cd tigerlily.
Its great!
I chose mine because it was the only one I liked that was available.And I like to eat peaches, but I prefer white flesh one to yellow.

Posts: 872 | From: Sydney | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tootifrooti
Member # 9824

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tootifrooti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I told you before this is me, it is my passport photo!!!
So let me get this right!!!!
Are you telling me you are not a delicious rasher of sweet cure????????????? smothered in HP......................

Baaaaaaahuuuuuuuuabbaaa!!! blaaaaaaab huhhhhuh
sob..............sobbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzz!!!! [Frown]

Posts: 1500 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tootifrooti
Member # 9824

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tootifrooti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Melati....when I look at you it reminds me of my husbands bum!!!!!
Yummy.............. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Mac when I see your's and Sadeeqy It reminds me of one of those wind up buzzers you get in the joke shop!!!!
Tiger yours is way !! way !!! too nice!!!
Change it to the one like Mousse T...then chase the idiot hyenas and eat them up....LOL xxxx

Posts: 1500 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
' Sharon Stone '
Member # 5169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ' Sharon Stone '     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think board was much better without avatars. I doubt I will ever have one.

I think people pay more attention to avatar then to actual content of the post. How good is that? [Big Grin]

Posts: 989 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
seriously?!! what on earth makes you think that?
Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
ha ha ha!!!! ive just realised one of the benefits of changing your name and avatar.....

you can contradict yourself and get away with it... nice one AA/BB. gonna work your way through the alphabet?

wish id realised who you were sooner.

ayman1980
Member # 10304

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ayman1980     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i ve chosed my avatar because i am always for (MOTHER RUSSIA) [Big Grin] [Frown] [Big Grin] [Razz]
Posts: 168 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I changed my avatar to more suit my character. This one is calmer. My other one probably made ppl think I was a big mouthed gossip queen.
Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheWesternDebt2Islaam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ~Sharon Stone~:
I think board was much better without avatars. I doubt I will ever have one.

I think people pay more attention to avatar then to actual content of the post. How good is that? [Big Grin]

Actually i think it an easy to identfy people...
so in long post, you can skip who u want...
or read who u want....but some people have similiar ones, makes a problem...

Posts: 2457 | From: U | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tootifrooti
Member # 9824

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Madame M.:
I changed my avatar to more suit my character. This one is calmer. My other one probably made ppl think I was a big mouthed gossip queen.

Nope we had a few of them but thankfully they seem to have vanished!!! Taking psychiatric sabbaticals, ECT, custodial sentences, treatment for Tourettes syndrome,etc etc etc
You are a lovely lady.................... Emphasis being on the lady!!
[Big Grin]

Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
NO WAY!!!!

as i was reading the last post 'he' wrote to me, i thought... this is a woman, no man would write like this!!!

Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
OH!!!!! madame M!!!!!! he he!!! my bad!!!

(sorry ki$$, but i really did think that your last post was something a woman would write... the one about heaven)!!!

Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
DUH!!! LOL!!! me so stoopid!!!
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by tootifrooti:
quote:
Originally posted by Madame M.:

Nope we had a few of them but thankfully they seem to have vanished!!! Taking psychiatric sabbaticals, ECT, custodial sentences, treatment for Tourettes syndrome,etc etc etc
[Big Grin]

i was so thrown out at the thought of ki$$ being female there that i forgot what i wanted to say....

popcorn!!

Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
hey... whats the record for the most amounts of posts in a row???

ha haha!!

tootifrooti
Member # 9824

Member Rated:
Bedposts charm concentrate on the bedposts!!! [Roll Eyes]
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
OMG you havnt seen my bed have you!!!!! i will send you a picture!!!!
suzy24/7
Member # 10317

Icon 1 posted      Profile for suzy24/7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I chose mine because I was listening to a song at the time that said "lifes like an hourglass glued to the table" and I didnt like any of the other ones. It doesn't really say much about me. Maybe that I'm running out of time and I'm just sitting here doing nothing hehe [Big Grin]

My name is just my name! I couldnt be bothered to think of a better one. And I am me 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Thats about it!

Posts: 122 | From: England | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
suzy.... do something.... everything... NOW....look at the sand!!!!!

suzy......

you still with us???

oh no... who will keep the pic thread going now?

and she seemed so nice!

newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by suzy24/7:
I chose mine because I was listening to a song at the time that said "lifes like an hourglass glued to the table" and I didnt like any of the other ones. It doesn't really say much about me. Maybe that I'm running out of time and I'm just sitting here doing nothing hehe [Big Grin]

It confuses me when you post though as the first time I saw you posting I thought I was going crazy as I didn't remember saying what you wrote [Wink] Any chance that you could change it as I had been using this one for several months before you registered?
Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suzy24/7
Member # 10317

Icon 1 posted      Profile for suzy24/7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hehe yeah you confused me as well for a while. But yeah I'll have a look and see what other ones there are. No worries.
Posts: 122 | From: England | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
ooh... what will she choose????

i get confused when people change their avatar.... but in this case, i cant wait to see what you pick!!! he he... i think i need sleep!!!!

suzy24/7
Member # 10317

quote:
Originally posted by Charm El Feikh?:
suzy.... do something.... everything... NOW....look at the sand!!!!!

suzy......

you still with us???

oh no... who will keep the pic thread going now?

and she seemed so nice!

Sorry I'm still here!! I seem to only see what some people have said the second time round....hmmm. Hows this avatar thingy? Have I stolen someone elses now? [Big Grin]
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
yes... dont know who... but yes!!!
suzy24/7
Member # 10317

aww man have I?? Dammit, what ones arent taken?! there are only a certain amount to choose from *sob* [Frown]
suzy24/7
Member # 10317

How about this one? I use exclamation marks alot. I'm just gonna have to pick the morbid skull one you know, no one seems to have that one. And then everyone will think I am obsessed with death or something...ohhhh it wont be good! [Razz]
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
someone does use it, not often though.... or mabey its just on the politics thread?

there are lots left!!!

EgyptianMau
Member # 9655

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for EgyptianMau     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's an avatar??

--------------------
Regards,
EgyptianMau

Posts: 68 | From: Easton Pa | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suzy24/7
Member # 10317

But they're all ugly! lol. Maybe I'll go without one. Oh I can't do that. Ok on to the next...
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
why are we still up??????

its quarter past two in the morning!!!!!!!!!

suzy24/7
Member # 10317

Its the picture you have under your name.
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
i dont get you?

your right.... theyre all ugly!!!

if i had to choose one id have either the billy connolly with the pipe.... or the poker hand next to it!!!!

suzy24/7
Member # 10317

That is a good question Charm. I am always awake late though, its the only time anyone interesting is online for me to talk to! And obviously I have no social life hehe. Ok well I do but everyone has gone home for Easter and I'm not going until tomorrow.
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
oh... i get you.... not talking to me!! LOL!!!
suzy24/7
Member # 10317

sorry, I thought you'd gone so I didnt see the point in quoting.

I have decided to keep this one (until someone asks me to change it at least!) what do you think? I became more and more attracted to it as I was looking at them! [Wink]

newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by suzy24/7:
Hehe yeah you confused me as well for a while. But yeah I'll have a look and see what other ones there are. No worries.

Hey, thanks suzy
Its funny, we must have similar tastes, because the one you have now chosen was my second choice! [Smile]

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Whoops! I meant the exclamation mark. Looks like you're still experimenting!
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
yea!!!!!!! an easter island head!!! i have that exact statue in my garden!!!!! easter island is an amazing place!!!!!!

keep it, i love it!

TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheWesternDebt2Islaam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Eek!]
how did you catch me out that im a male .... [Roll Eyes]

do i write like a woman [Confused]

quote:
Originally posted by Charm El Feikh?:
NO WAY!!!!

as i was reading the last post 'he' wrote to me, i thought... this is a woman, no man would write like this!!!

Posts: 2457 | From: U | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Toots!!! [Smile]

quote:
Originally posted by tootifrooti:
[/qb]

[Big Grin] [/QB][/QUOTE]

Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com