EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Orfi fees

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Orfi fees
Bandito
Member # 10316

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bandito     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What are the approximate legal fees for an orfi marriage in Egypt? Anyone know of a good lawyer who can do this in Sharm?
Posts: 22 | From: Laying Low | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
catch a 4alling **ChImP**
Member # 10093

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for catch a 4alling **ChImP**     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OH NO DONT DO IT WASTE OF TIME ..NOT RECONISED OR U JUST AFTER A GOOD TIME...PLENTY DODGERS WILL DO IT BUT BLEIEV ME IF UR AFTER MARRIAGE DO IT THE PROPER WAY ITS NOT RECONISED AT ALL LEGALY ON THE PAPER ITS WRITTEN ..
Posts: 1602 | From: the banana island shake me tweeeeeeee | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bandito
Member # 10316

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bandito     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still need the information please. Proper marriage can always be done later. This practice was created to be used, so I want to use it. It is legal or hotels and apartment leasers wouldn't recognise it. It just isn't much good for gaining from a divorce.
Posts: 22 | From: Laying Low | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 10093

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for catch a 4alling **ChImP**     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes but most hotles forbid it and dont reconise it ok ..my friend had it done and they refused her and her hubby waste of money then and ended up with a proper marriage if u know so muchof it then its easy to ask of in shrmh
Posts: 1602 | From: the banana island shake me tweeeeeeee | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 10093

Member Rated:
chrm and shrm
Bandito
Member # 10316

Rate Member
I am not in Sharm, but I want to be prepared for when I am.
Member # 10093

Member Rated:
for wat ladys
Bandito
Member # 10316

Rate Member
No, why are you giving me such a hard time. It is for one special person who happens to want a real wedding elsewhere when all the visas go through, but we want to be together now.
Member # 10093

Member Rated:
ok good luck ...
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bandito:
What are the approximate legal fees for an orfi marriage in Egypt? Anyone know of a good lawyer who can do this in Sharm?

I will just answer your question and leave the morals to you:- Fees between LE 100 -200.
Any lawyer in Sharm will do it, you don't need a good one.

You can usually rent a flat with it, most hotels don't accept it, I have heard the Nile boats do.

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semsema
Member # 5415

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semsema     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hotels will definitely not accept Orfi papers. None of the boats I deal with will accept either.

--------------------
Whitelily

Posts: 660 | From: Unfinished City | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey Bandido, welcome to ES.

if you want it for Sharm yo really are wasting your money, you can rent a place no problem. the hotels in sharm will NOT accept it, and you could wave one under a landlords nose shouting LOOK LOOK LOOK and he wont give a **** as long as youve got the rent! seriously, you dont need one in sharm.

BTW how did i miss that avatar... im having that when you leave.

Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marie therese
Member # 10603

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marie therese     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please make attention that the arabic text is the same like the english.

Somestime in the arabic text is written, that the woman allows to the man to let legalize the marriage.

Good luck

Posts: 38 | From: Germany | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by marie therese:
Please make attention that the arabic text is the same like the english.

Somestime in the arabic text is written, that the woman allows to the man to let legalize the marriage.

Good luck

I sense you have had some very bad experiences with egyptian guys/ a guy??? [Confused]
Posts: 1215 | From: Nowhere | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taher
Member # 10503

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Taher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just putting it out there that no respectable man enters into an orfi marriage. If he even agrees to it then you should look out. He doesn't consider it a real marriage and his family doesn't either. Either get a fiance visa and get married in whatever country you come from or get married in Egypt and have another wedding when you get home. However, if I asked a man for an orfi and he agreed, I wouldn't marry him because he doesn't respect the sanctity of marriage and is probably using me for sex.
Posts: 166 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anthropos
Member # 9410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anthropos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I wouldn't marry him because he doesn't respect the sanctity of marriage and is probably using me for sex."

Maybe SHE is using HIM for sex [Wink]

Posts: 2184 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taher
Member # 10503

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Taher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very true anthropos except she said, "It is for one special person who happens to want a real wedding elsewhere when all the visas go through, but we want to be together now."
Posts: 166 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anthropos
Member # 9410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anthropos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK - but isn't the orfi then good in this case - people have different situations and different needs...
Posts: 2184 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FairyDust
Member # 7138

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FairyDust     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What if two people aren't ready to get married but are forced to so they can live together in another country?? Could they orfi in Egypt and then go to another middle eastern country? Will anyone check their papers anyway if they just show up together with wedding bands on? Maybe I will try this, I don't want to legally marry my man in Egypt because of all HIS rights in the case of a divorce and children. I want to retain my rights and I think if I was the only one to hold the orfi papers it would be ok. I am not cocerned about the moral issues, so you might as well not bother, I am only concerned about the legal issues. If the middle-east were more legally friendly to women, then I wouldn't mind doing a legal marriage at the Ministry, but they don't favor women, so I won't do it.
Posts: 333 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taher
Member # 10503

Rate Member
If you are looking for sex, then orfi is good in this case. If you are looking for a relationship based on respect and looking to married to the person, orfi is really bad in this case. You can't get around the beliefs of Egyptian society and how others in the community will look at you. In Egypt, socially, orfi=sex not marriage, and in Egypt pre-marital sex is not considered a good thing. I can guarantee you that even the people who say they are "liberal" and think that pre-marital sex is fine, would not go around telling people they were doing it and back what they're saying.
Taher
Member # 10503

Rate Member
Firstly, most places don't accept an orfi marriage contract. When my husband and I took the overnight train in the sleeping car they asked for a copy of our marriage contract. They also ask for it at the hotels. Secondly, an Egyptian legal marriage gives women plenty of rights if you right the contract correctly. You can put anything you want in it including right to divorce him, child custody etc. An Egyptian marriage contract is like an American pre-nup
FairyDust
Member # 7138

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FairyDust     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I asked if child custody could be put in there several months ago and no one said it could, I never got any useful information, it is still on the page a little ways down titled muslim marriage contract. Wouldn't it be hard to find a lawyer who would right it in Arabic according to my terms and not trick me, since I don't read Arabic?
Posts: 333 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FairyDust
Member # 7138

Member Rated:
Could I still have custody written in if I am not muslim, doesn't that go against the laws of Egypt? I think I may have to stick to orfi. I won't be living in Egypt, so I don't think many people will ask for our papers if we move to the other country together as a married couple with rings etc. They probably won't know it is an orfi paper anyway if they aren't familiar with Egypt, right?
FairyDust
Member # 7138

Member Rated:
Anyone??
Taher
Member # 10503

Rate Member
All countries know what marriage contracts look like. They have official stamps on them and are the official form. However, if you move to another country, each country has a different rule for living together before marriage. Especially if you are both foreigners to that country. If you want a reliable marriage contract, go to Abdine, the marriage office in Cairo, and they have state lawyers who speak English who can help you with the contract.
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Charm El Feikh?:
hey Bandido, welcome to ES.

if you want it for Sharm yo really are wasting your money, you can rent a place no problem. the hotels in sharm will NOT accept it, and you could wave one under a landlords nose shouting LOOK LOOK LOOK and he wont give a **** as long as youve got the rent! seriously, you dont need one in sharm.

BTW how did i miss that avatar... im having that when you leave.

Charm that's really bad advice, you may be able to rent in someplaces but it's a big risk. The police get to know the flats and carry out checks every now and then. It's not worth the risk to the guy he could end up in prison.
Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Still-Learning     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
rofl
Posts: 1473 | From: France | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
never.. not in sharm.
Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aya Hosni
Member # 10646

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aya Hosni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Taher:
All countries know what marriage contracts look like. They have official stamps on them and are the official form. However, if you move to another country, each country has a different rule for living together before marriage. Especially if you are both foreigners to that country. If you want a reliable marriage contract, go to Abdine, the marriage office in Cairo, and they have state lawyers who speak English who can help you with the contract.

Can u tell something more about Abdine????
Posts: 188 | From: Baltics | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taher
Member # 10503

Rate Member
It's close to Miden Tahrir (five minutes away) and is the marriage office for Cairo. If you go in the area and ask where Abdine is, they will tell you. It's where I did my marriage contract

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com