This is topic Throwing shoes... in forum Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat at EgyptSearch Forums.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=001769

Posted by Cosmogirl (Member # 8748) on :

After a HEATED and emotional 3 hour argument last night, I took off one of my stilettos and hurled it across the lobby of the Ritz at my Egyptian husband. 2 couples saw it happen, and he was NOT happy.

Errr... yeah. So... is there any way to adequately apologize? Should I even try?

There is other trouble in Paradise for sure, but this little impulse of mine seems irrevocable.

Posted by akshar (Member # 1680) on :

Wow that is serious, I mean really serious. You must apologise to everyone.

It is equivalent to masturbating in public, it was a terrible thing to do. It disrespected you, your husband and your marriage and you did it in a public place. To be honest I think my hisband would divorce me if I did something like that, really I do. He would be so humilated

Was it anyone you know that saw you or strangers. If it is anyone you know then you must get in touch and apologise. If it isn't then it is slightly better but not much as all the hotel staff will know about it. If you are staying at that hotel you must speak to the manager.

You must tell them you had no idea what it mean't and you are so sorry to do this in the hotel. This is the time to lay the apologies on with a trowel.

Posted by MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari (Member # 8356) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmogirl:
After a HEATED and emotional 3 hour argument last night, I took off one of my stilettos and hurled it across the lobby of the Ritz at my Egyptian husband. 2 couples saw it happen, and he was NOT happy.

Errr... yeah. So... is there any way to adequately apologize? Should I even try?

There is other trouble in Paradise for sure, but this little impulse of mine seems irrevocable.

Oh God! Have you been watching Single White Female too many times or what?!

I feel really bad for you because I too have my tantrums and I know how it feels to regret something stupid one has just done..

Haven't thrown a shoe yet though..

A pillow yes, a pair of jeans maybe, a newspaper perhaps, a ball sometimes, an orange every once in a while..

And just recently, a chair [Cool]

I apologized till I dropped..

But in your case, I'm so sorry for saying this, but it's way too painful.

I have no idea what you should do!

Akshar's advice is very good.. So try that..

And never ever step foot into the Ritz again.

Posted by QueenBee (Member # 9378) on :

you threw the shoe in what country, US or Egypt?

Muahaha! I can't believe you threw your shoe at your man! Did he think later that it was just a little tiny bit cute?
Sounds pretty cute to me. Just apologize to him and take off his shoes and kiss his feet and tell him you have HOT blood and you will try so hard to be sweety from now...
I think he will forgive you.

Posted by Marcella (Member # 10978) on :

Everybody have problems so?This is not the first time when something like that happened in public.Fix the problem between you and your husband,that's it.

Posted by mike rozier (Member # 10852) on :

I never understood the whole middle east obsession with shoes and hitting people with them..like when they all hit saddams statue with shoes...

every body returns to the dust....

this cannot be denide.

it's only the spirit that can live...

[Smile]

Posted by _Masrawi_ (Member # 9597) on :

Question: No where during those 3 hours of your heated discussion did it occur to you that perhaps (just perhaps) the lobby of the Ritz was not exactly the right setting for that discussion?

Just wondering ...

Posted by sunburnt (Member # 4986) on :

I would never throw my shoes at anyone, they are too precious too me, you should have used an ashtray

Posted by mac0623 (Member # 10529) on :

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After a HEATED and emotional 3 hour argument last night, I took off one of my stilettos and hurled it across the lobby of the Ritz at my Egyptian husband

YOU WORE THESE SHOES FOR THREE HOURS ,WOW

Posted by nocluecairo (Member # 10718) on :

Throwing or hitting someone with a shoe in Egypt is the BIGGEST insult ever. The fact that you did it in public is unforgivable. I'm sure it gave the hotel staff some great gossip though.

This happened in the US, late in the evening and the Lobby was very dark. It was a dark brown shoe and only the 4 other people in the lobby saw it and they were busy enjoying each other, NOT focusing on us. Bottom line is we shouldn't have been together at all this day, and I needed something that I wasn't getting. i am INCREDIBLY patient and tolerant, and that I was so frustrated I would cry and throw ANYTHING at ANYONE is indicative of my level of pain. So it's not like he took me to dinner, brought me flowers and I nailed him with a stiletto. he deserved every insult that it implied (at the moment). Unfortunately for me, the actual insult was much larger than I had intuited.

I have done the only thing I can do, I have apologized, and I won't "blanket the road" with apologies. There are no innocent victims here, we both deserve what we get. We have a passionate and stormy marriage and he seems suprised that I am not afraid of him, or interested in containing my feelings. We see each other so little, that when we do these days, I am a balloon ready to burst.

Mas, you are right it wasn't the right place, but it's hard to get that tiger back into the box once it's out. there is never a right place, BUT actually it WAS, in that had it been anywhere else he would have crushed that shoe into my face, and taken me by my hair and thrown me out the door. I was able to get my shoe, call for a taxi and leave standing up.

Posted by Ngeg (Member # 1271) on :

quote:
Originally posted by sunburnt:
I would never throw my shoes at anyone, they are too precious too me, you should have used an ashtray

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Cosmo,
I honestly think that any single human being at any given life can't avoid different situations- Anger included.
Just do what u must (which u already did by apologizing - and call it a day.

On an irrelevant note: Start reading buddha teachings on anger. I promise you it helps more than yoga or anything. (I have thrown a bread basket full of warm baguette in a very posh restaurant before- so I understand how u feel)

quote:

Mas, you are right it wasn't the right place, but it's hard to get that tiger back into the box once it's out. there is never a right place, BUT actually it WAS, in that had it been anywhere else he would have crushed that shoe into my face, and taken me by my hair and thrown me out the door. I was able to get my shoe, call for a taxi and leave standing up.

May I suggest anger management sessions for couples perhaps?

quote:
Originally posted by Ngeg:
(I have thrown a bread basket full of warm baguette in a very posh restaurant before- so I understand how u feel)

You did no such thing!! You lie ...

Anyone else imagine NGEG with all her class doing such a thing?

Posted by Marcella (Member # 10978) on :

quote:
Originally posted by nocluecairo:
The fact that you did it in public is unforgivable. [/QB]

Why do you think so?People will talk for a while and that's all!It's not a big deal.People have problems all the time.They will fix it.But unforgivable?No,it is not.

Even better, the witnesses are total strangers and guests in this town from another place, and who cares what they think? (I know I know.. HE cares and that should be enough) I would LOVE to have a story like that to take home at the end of my trip...."there were these two well dressed people and she had obviously HAD ENOUGH and when the man turned and walked off after parking her in a chair, she NAILED him with her flying shoe")

Obviously as an American, and a VEEEERY independant woman I have a different perspective on what will and won't fly (hee) in public. If some random beggar can accost me in the street and demand money and cigarettes, I can surely act out once in a while.

SO the solution I have is this... and thank you for all your amusing and supportive words, I have apologized, at the moment I apologized he has a choice to accept it or not, if not then we work to finish the relationship, because I will not deal with it over and over again until he feels satisfied. People are human and make mistakes and get upset.. were he a SAINT I might feel worse. I have the mind set that if you are going to accept and forgive something, you move right the heck on, and don't dwell. I have given him INSTANT pardon for things he has done and they have never been brought back to his face. I do admit to some of his LARGER issues being harder for me to let go of, but perhaps we can compromise and I will release him from his baloney and he will release me from mine. Maybe this is a gift from God to make our scales more even..or to show us our incompatibility.

Either way, I love him and am happy in my life. He adds to my happiness he isn't responsible for it. If he can't get a grip.. then I don't need him because surely we will face issues bigger than, "She hit me with her shoe". In fact we DO face bigger issues than that already and this whole eruption was the final act in the positioning of those other feelings. I am not sorry for being angry, and I'm not sorry for the way I was feeling, I am sorry I didn't know to throw an ashtray and not a shoe. I wanted to hurt him, not insult him.

quote:
Originally posted by _Masrawi_:
quote:
(I have thrown a bread basket full of warm baguette in a very posh restaurant before- so I understand how u feel)

You did no such thing!! You lie ...

Anyone else imagine NGEG with all her class doing such a thing?

Hahahahahaha!!! I did!!
I said this story before!!..the iranian guy, Faz! ahhhhhhhhh ..u r getting old masrawi!!

Posted by TexasGirl (Member # 10804) on :

Cosmogirl:

As you well know what you do here in the States is MUCH different than anywhere else. You have already said Sorry. That's enough. If he wants to accept it so be it ... Me personally I would have waited a few days before I said I was sorry if he made me that mad but that is just me. Things are different here in the States you can do just about anything and get away with it!! Those other people were looking saying "Guy you better duck otherwise your gonna get hit with the shoe opps too late!!" and they don't even care who you are!! I know it is that way here in San Antonio. Unless you are getting the crap beat outta you by someone else no body cares if you are yelling at each other or not !!!

You guys giving advice think throwing shoes is like throwing china. For an Arab it is the worst, the most awful insult. When I said it was like masturbating in public that is how bad I meant. Havign a row in the Ritz is not a big deal, any argument is not a big deal. But to insult with shoes it has cultural and religious significance.

I spoke to my husband about this today and he admitted if I did anything like that he would have to divorce me, the insult would be so great. Think of it like your husband has sex with your daughter. Truly truly it is that bad, unforgivable. This is a cultural thing

quote:
Originally posted by akshar:
When I said it was like masturbating in public that is how bad I meant.

Think of it like your husband has sex with your daughter.

hmmm ...

quote:
..u r getting old masrawi!!

How dare u?!

Are u not aware that any reference to my age is punishable by death in some countries of the world?

quote:
quote:
..u r getting old masrawi!!

How dare u?!

Are u not aware that any reference to my age is punishable by death in some countries of the world?

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Ashkar, he is an Arab, married to an American and living in America. I wasn't raised to know Arab custom, and am up to my eyballs in Arabic school as it is.

quote:
I spoke to my husband about this today and he admitted if I did anything like that he would have to divorce me, the insult would be so great. Think of it like your husband has sex with your daughter. Truly truly it is that bad, unforgivable. This is a cultural thing

I'll chop my arm off if your hosbond wasn't Saeedi!

They are by far the people with the biggest ego on the face of the universe.

Posted by TexasGirl (Member # 10804) on :

This is right. He is in the States THINGS ARE DIFFERENT HERE !!! You don't divorce someone for something that dumb over here !! He gets over it. She is right said she was sorry now it is up to him !!

Posted by Lazeez (Member # 10655) on :

quote:
I would cry and throw ANYTHING at ANYONE is indicative of my level of pain. [/QB]

You gotta work hard on this anger, otherwise, make sure your husband has a good life insurance.

quote:
Originally posted by MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari:
quote:

I'll chop my arm off if your hosbond wasn't Saeedi!

They are by far the people with the biggest ego on the face of the universe.

Koshari, Would you continue in a relationship if your husband drag you from your hair in the street on front of everyone?

When respect is lost, the only thing that keeps the relationship on is lack of self respect or kids.

quote:
Originally posted by Lazeez:
Koshari, Would you continue in a relationship if your husband drag you from your hair in the street on front of everyone?

Of course not. The most important reason why I married my hosbond is knowing that he would never be a wife beater.

I would say 99% of Egyptian men have beaten their wives.
[Cool]

quote:

[Cool]

I would say this statement is 99% incorrect ... [Cool]

99%??? eddakhla essoda tani? rabena mai2ta3lkeesh 3ada ya koshary

There is alot of wife beating BUT there is also too much husband beating. You may not believe it but many men go to police complainging about their wives beating daily.
walla enty nasya el keyas el belastik ya3ni?
BESIDES, wife beating is not something restricted to Egypt.

quote:
quote:

[Cool]

masrawi, is in the 1%

his wife kicked the **** outta him.....

[Smile]

u're so cute nike rezil ... exceptionally adorable.

brb ... gotta go barf.

quote:
Originally posted by mike rozier:
quote:
quote:

[Cool]

masrawi, is in the 1%

[Smile]

3abeet da walla eh!

quote:
99%??? eddakhla essoda tani? rabena mai2ta3lkeesh 3ada ya koshary

There is alot of wife beating BUT there is also too much husband beating. You may not believe it but many men go to police complainging about their wives beating daily.
walla enty nasya el keyas el belastik ya3ni?

Hosbond beating doesn't compare to wife beating.

Men are strong and can take much more than women. Besides, hosbond beating is often considered a form of foreplay.. BTW, what is it that make some men like to play, and let's give it a less eeky name, violent sex?

Then we cannot call it "love making", can we?

There's a deep down desire to humiliate women I believe!!

And it takes lots of mental strain to end up chopping a hosbond off to pieces and putting him in plastic bags. For those who have no idea about what I\m talking about> There has been a wave of husband killing in Egypt in the 80s and 90s. And the wives would just cut them into small pieces and throw them away in the garbage plastic bags.

I heard one of them cooked her late husband and fed him to the police investigators.

Is this a true story???

ya reit bas 3abat ... da ma3tooh rasmi yaba.

quote:
masrawi, is in the 1%
[Smile]

I would love to see from your point of view Mike Barabeer, but I'm afraid I can't shove my head that high up my anus.

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

[Cool]

masrawi, is in the 1%

[Smile]

3abeet da walla eh!
speek english dammit...

[Mad]

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

[Cool]

masrawi, is in the 1%

[Smile]

3abeet da walla eh!
speek english dammit...

[Mad]

u too dammit!

"speek" english now!

quote:
speek english dammit...

[Mad]

You want English?

Here's English for you>

Sit down bent and talk straight before I come and decorate you.

On the opinion of the example:

We shut up for him, he comes in with his donkey.

[Roll Eyes]

Came a hit to you in your shape!

quote:
quote:
speek english dammit...

[Mad]

You want English?

Here's English for you>

Sit down bent and talk straight before I come and decorate you.

On the opinion of the example:

We shut up for him, he comes in with his donkey.

[Roll Eyes]

Came a hit to you in your shape!

are you retarded? or do you just post that way?

[Confused]

quote:

I heard one of them cooked her late husband and fed him to the police investigators.

Is this a true story??? [/QB]

I don't know but I wouldn't be surprised. I have read about one who fed her husband to dogs but the one I read few months ago and watched on TV was dramatic. This woman cheated on her husband who was very sick with a neighbour and to make this neighbour visit her regularly she insisted on making him her son's private teacher despite all complaining from her son about him being a very bad teacher. at the end they cut him in his bed then as she said, they hugged and had very good sex on the couch !

congratulations on your first post with no spelling mistakes ... alas, there is hope for u.

and they said u couldn't educate a donkey ... they should come see what i have done with my little mikey.

quote:
... and had very good sex on the couch !

please elaborate ...

quote:
are you retarded? or do you just post that way? [Confused]

Who's retarted, son of the mother of retarded?

You your money and my money?

Leave me in my state!

Oh poison like this!

quote:
quote:
are you retarded? or do you just post that way? [Confused]

Who's retarted, son of the mother of retarded?

You your money and my money?

Leave me in my state!

Oh poison like this!

ya gamalo, ya gamalo

ya fawa2o, ya fawa2o

quote:

we da ahlo saybeno keda leh?

neb3ed 3anno a7san la yekon mo3dee, mesh na2sa takhalof ba2a

quote:
quote:

please elaborate ...
Of course that was her slip of the tongue.

Considering the fact that it's virtually impossible to have good sex on Egyptian couches.

quote:
quote:

yaba deba doba

quote:
quote:

tayih ya 7aram ... 7allo yis3ab 3al Masrawi.

or rather not.

quote:
yaba deba doba

Are you from Qena/USA?

quote:
quote:
quote:

please elaborate ...

Considering the fact that it's virtually impossible to have good sex on Egyptian couches.

u trying to say the French don't have good sex? or are u assuming a certain sexual position on that couch ... i can think of one position that works perfectly on a Louis XIV armchair. [Wink]

quote:
quote:
yaba deba doba

Are you from Qena/USA?
no, but your mother is.

quote:
quote:
quote:
yaba deba doba

Are you from Qena/USA?
no, but your mother is.
Question 1:
How old are u?

Question 2:
Can u get any lamer?

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

please elaborate ...

u trying to say the French don't have good sex? or are u assuming a certain sexual position on that couch ... i can think of one position that works perfectly on a Louis XIV armchair. [Wink]
what? when your wife puts on a strap-on and bends you over it?

[Confused]

quote:

Position eeh w neelet eeh?

How often do you think an average Egyptian couple have sex?

I assume the only regular position taking place is the so-called "zayy ezzeft position".

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

please elaborate ...

what? when your wife puts on a strap-on and bends you over it?

[Confused]

go on ... share your experiences with your step dad with us.

quote:

How often do you think an average Egyptian couple have sex?

not often i presume given that their idea of foreplay is chopping up someone first ...

Good night ya wlad.

Mike, Barabeeroo bonny!

Posted by Schwarma (Member # 9632) on :

Dorks, how does this help the OP?

Posted by whiteylover (Member # 11349) on :

Lady...U better forget about this guy. Arabic mentality would not allow him to forget and forgive u becoz that's big humilation for an arab man. He will keep the incident in him mind and when time comes, he will revenge. He may harm u physically, so u better forget about him

Posted by Sweet Pea (Member # 10993) on :

quote:
You guys giving advice think throwing shoes is like throwing china. For an Arab it is the worst, the most awful insult. When I said it was like masturbating in public that is how bad I meant. Havign a row in the Ritz is not a big deal, any argument is not a big deal. But to insult with shoes it has cultural and religious significance.

Why is it so insulting for shoes to be thrown at you? I see above it states it's a culural and religious significance but what is the meaning behind it that offends Arabs so much? Just interested.

I am not actually sure the exact significance just know it is terrible. I think has something to do with the **** on the ground that you walk in. I know to cross your legs and have the sole of your foot pointing at someone is also really bad news. When we first married my husband would turn my shoes the right way round if had taken them off and left them upside down. I once had a problem with someone insulting me in the street and my mother in law told me to take my shoes off and hit the person. which I did next time and loads of people came ot my assitance because they beleived he must have done something terrible to get this reaction. do you remember when Sadam was over thrown the women taking their shoes to his statues. So both the soles of shoes and the soles of your feet are bad news.

"You beat your children with sticks, you beat your servants with shoes"

I was showing him that I think of him lower than a man, that the dirt from the street was what he deserved on his back. (according to custom) What I really wanted to do was make him change his behavior, and become a better husband. My sage opinion.. throwing a shoe will not make an Arabic man nicer to you.

masrawi and his wifes first squabble...

(caught on tape)

[Frown]

http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?p=beatdown.wmv&sm=Yahoo%21+Search&toggle=1&cop=&ei=UTF-8&b=6&oid=f98762fb8954eefc&rurl=eyetoeyesite.com&vdone=http%3A%2F%2Fvideo.yahoo.com%2Fsearc h%2Fvideo%3Fp%3Dbeatdown.wmv%26sm%3DYahoo%2521%2BSearch%26toggle%3D1%26cop%3D%26ei%3DUTF-8&vback=Results

quote:

(caught on tape)

Listen, biggest zit on ES's butt, I don't know how old you are but did your mama teach you anything about respecting people? Especially those who show nothing but respect for you?

Do not talk about Masrawi's wife or any member of his family, moron!

You want to insult people, insult them in person. [Roll Eyes]

I believe I'm "speeking" clear English here!

quote:
quote:

(caught on tape)

Listen, biggest zit of ES, I don't know how old you are but did your mama teach you anything about respecting people? Especially those who show nothing but respect for you?

put a sock in it,asap...

quote:
put a sock in it,asap...

Bend over then! [Roll Eyes]

MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari ,

you best straighten out your act, or Im gonna have to wash your mouth out with soap..

Posted by geminilion (Member # 9683) on :

Well, many years ago my first hubby was being intolerant after cominig home from work. Demanding dinner immediately even though it wasn't quite ready yet. He went outside and was chatting with his friend's and kept yelling up at the window "where's my dinner" ha, ha. And saying "Oh women should have the plate on the table when you walk in the door' and all kinds of garbage. I got so pissed I threw the meatloaf out the window and hit him in the head in front of his friends while yelllin "Dinners ready!"

Flying meatloaf trumps shoes without question!

Posted by Beba (Member # 10322) on :

Throwing a shoe at him is not a reason for him to divorce her, throwing a shoe at him is not in the same line as child abuse or sexual whatevers, she threw a shoe, wow wee, if he loves her he will forgive her.
If he dont forgive you throw the other shoe at him aswell. [Big Grin]

quote:
Flying meatloaf trumps shoes without question!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH!

Ehe

ehe

heee

Posted by charm el feikh? (Member # 10243) on :

quote:
quote:

(caught on tape)

Listen, biggest zit on ES's butt, I don't know how old you are but did your mama teach you anything about respecting people? Especially those who show nothing but respect for you?

in person?! hahaha

quote:
Originally posted by charm el feikh?:
in person?! hahaha

Yes dumbass, IN PERSON..

Because you and him are chickenshit and would never do that, cowards!

And I was all happy thinking you've gone to "HellOnEarth" and never coming back. [Frown]

Nevermind this time, you'll go to the real one anyway. [Smile]

quote:

(caught on tape)

[Frown]

http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?p=beatdown.wmv&sm=Yahoo%21+Search&toggle=1&cop=&ei=UTF-8&b=6&oid=f98762fb8954eefc&rurl=eyetoeyesite.com&vdone=http%3A%2F%2Fvideo.yahoo.com%2Fsearc h%2Fvideo%3Fp%3Dbeatdown.wmv%26sm%3DYahoo%2521%2BSearch%26toggle%3D1%26cop%3D%26ei%3DUTF-8&vback=Results

Thank u for the link. I actually did enjoy watching it.

So seriously now, tell me more about yourself. I can't help but feel intrigued by your insatiable appetite for insults by everyone on the board ... i wonder if that's a reflection of your real life. Come out of the closet mikey ...

Posted by tami025 (Member # 9181) on :

women in egypt are the best, and when they are mad at someone, the firs tthing they do is take off their ship-ship (egyptian for flip-flop) and start swinging it at their man over the shoulder of the person who is trying to hold her back. i have been there. my man ended up climbing out the window while the guy holding me back laughed his azz off. dont apologize, just act like it didnt happen,. he will get over it. and later, you will laugh.

Posted by Madame M. (Member # 8386) on :

hahahah I like the translation.."egyptian for flip flop"...wow you really are Captain Obvious aren't you?

I'm sure you and your husband had a huge laugh after you hit him with a ship ship "egyptian for flip flop" right in front of someone. Kudos!

Posted by Charm el Feikh? (Member # 10243) on :

quote:
Originally posted by tami025:
women in egypt are the best,

really... in another thread you said all they did was cook everything in ghee and spit out kids their whole life!

make your mind up! or better still, go and find it!

your posts inspire hope that one day other lobotomy patients will be be able to type again.

Interesting follow up. We were in a car accident last week, and of my whole body full of aches and pains, It is only my big toe that is broken. So I can't even WEAR my sexy sexy shoes.

When K was organizing our closet, he really pushed me to get rid of some of my shoes (I have approx 72 pair) I did get rid of some, but then he moved the rest of them to the Winter Cupbord in the dining room!

So now I have shoes I can't wear, and can't look at, and a husband who wants desparately to be more important than freaking shoes.

We recovered from the shoe toss, but this whole "surviving the accident" thing is really pushing us.

Posted by Sneezer (Member # 6244) on :

quote:
We recovered from the shoe toss, but this whole "surviving the accident" thing is really pushing us.

I am very happy, thank God, that both of you are OK after such an accident. And I mean no offense by this, but I'm surprised the police didn't arrest him for going 130mph. ??

When the police arrived at the scene, we were already in the Helicopter preparing to lift to the Emergency Shock and Trauma unit. The car was in bits and pieces, K had crawled and gotten me out of the passenger side. There weren't other cars involved, just us, spinning clockwise twice across 2 lanes, then flying backwards up the embankment, (Where he was thrown from the car) and then the car rolled an indeterminate number of times down the hill, coming to rest on all 4 tires in the breakdown lane. The police didn't even follow us to the hospital. And the car was at a complete stop when the police got to it :)So there were NO citations taken, and the insurance has already payed out the full value of the car. (Charm should I blow it on a trip to Bali?) Nobody was critically hurt, but we both feel like we've been beaten with a bag of hammers. He isn't working now, and I have had to come back to the office, so he is sleeping and laying about while Im plugging along. I don't know what to make of all of this, as it seems every 30 days or so, something in our relationship goes supernova. This is the life I dreamed about? I'm emotional and tired and SICK of having to be the caregiver. I ask myself... who is taking care of me?

Posted by Queasier (Member # 6244) on :

Oh, God, you got MedEvacd out of there? [Eek!]

Hang in there. Don't know about marriage, haven't been married long enough to say, but I've had particular *years* in life that have gone crappy like that....You'll pull out. [Smile]

quote:
(Charm should I blow it on a trip to Bali?)

who is taking care of me?

LOL.. you remembered! i left your last sentence in as this is how i felt in december of last year when my whole life turned to shitt as a direct result of other peoples actions.

i felt like i just wanted to pick my kids up and walk away... i think if i hadnt of blown the insurance on a big hol for me and the kids i may very well have walked away!

perhaps thats exactly what you need. may i recommend you take on some kind of challenging trip.. theres nothing better for clearing the mind than going off to some place that is totally different to what you know... no hotels and luxuries etc... just lifes basics.

try here....

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k285/charmelfeikh/everestsummit.jpg

it gives you a great appreciation for the little things in life... like oxygen!

Posted by lovingspirit (Member # 11660) on :

shebsheb? shebsheb ya tami? lol

Posted by Madame M. (Member # 8386) on :

Don't forget to include the translation.."Egyptian for flip flop". LOL!

rumour has it that her computer was so embarrassed that it disconnected itself from the internet before frying its hard drive [Frown]

Posted by lovingspirit (Member # 11660) on :

lol@Miss Diamond ring (madame)

Posted by *The Dark Angel* aka CAT (Member # 11953) on :

what an old thread? [Big Grin]

Shoe throwing? [Confused] [Razz] [Big Grin]

Posted by *The Dark Angel* aka CAT (Member # 11953) on :

quote:
u're so cute nike rezil ... exceptionally adorable.

brb ... gotta go barf.

[Big Grin]

Posted by Vanilla_Bullshit (Member # 12182) on :

quote:
Originally posted by QueenBee:
you threw the shoe in what country, US or Egypt?

Muahaha! I can't believe you threw your shoe at your man! Did he think later that it was just a little tiny bit cute?
Sounds pretty cute to me. Just apologize to him and take off his shoes and kiss his feet and tell him you have HOT blood and you will try so hard to be sweety from now...
I think he will forgive you.

If this is code for "blow him until he can't walk" then yes, this is good advice.

Posted by Mrs C (Member # 10808) on :

LOL! oh, i miss tami.. total nut job!

cosmo... did you ever get to bali?

i miss mike.. anyone heard from him?

We never got to Bali, ended up just tending the gardens here at home, working to get through the first year together. Interfaith-intercultural relationships are a beast. I surf the net daily with travel fantasies, todays mission will be "Diving in Nicaragua".

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com