EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Black and white is it possible

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Black and white is it possible
blackiswhite
Member # 12996

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackiswhite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello every body,

Do you think an european catholic black girl could married easy with a white copte egyptian man ?
Its not a joke ! is there someone who know this kind of mixed couple before ?
I m french, for sure in france its not a problem but i think in egypt this speacial mixed couple couldnt leave in peace...Maybe i have a wrong view of egyptian open mind ? [Smile]
Could you answer me cause your opinion (egyptian view plz)is important for me.
Thanks

Posts: 6 | From: FRANCE | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soozi
Member # 11108

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for soozi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not Egyptian, but I don't think you can marry a copt, unless you are a copt yourself??

Maybe someone with some more knowledge can help further?

Posts: 836 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hibbah
Member # 12156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hibbah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah, i thought Coptics dont recognize other Catholics.
Posts: 1967 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually think coptic is almost same as catholics,
could be wrong guys but after visiting a church there, its was all the same as catholic churches,
i definatly think that coptics and catholics can marry,
but im probably wrong

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hibbah
Member # 12156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hibbah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i know what you're talking about yorkshire- on a certain level, they look similar.

But i dont believe that the coptic church recognises other churches.

Posts: 1967 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No youre right hibbah, i think it is totally different, Im actually catholic, but find the mass boring, but im proud to be wht i am,
But i must say i love to go to a christian service with lots of singing and clapping, its really emotional, and i really feel close to god in this way,

i loved the coptic church, but i find strange is man is sitting apart from woman,

but its very catholic in the pictures, and things they have in the church, so much like catholic churches in ireland

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Demiana
Member # 2710

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Demiana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the colourblind answers you guys!:-)
I am not sure about the sensitivity of skincolour nor race compared to an obvious sensitivity of social class. There have been some threads on this mainly on the 'Ancient Egypt' pages. Copts come in all colours and different types, especially copts from upperegypt can be black.
Ethiopian orthodox can be members of the coptic church.

Posts: 1419 | From: Amsterdam, Netherlands | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
i dont think colour matters, and i certainly hope not

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by soozi:
I'm not Egyptian, but I don't think you can marry a copt, unless you are a copt yourself??

Maybe someone with some more knowledge can help further?

copts seem to be a bit more keep it to the same as they are not really like outsiders .but some are ok about it .more harder for a muslim to marry than a christian to marry .well so im told from my friends but ou get the odd one that not care who they love .just harder living in a state that dictates the faith to what you are ...
Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortunately many Egyptians are racist.

quote:
Originally posted by yorkshire rose:
i dont think colour matters, and i certainly hope not

Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blackiswhite
Member # 12996

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackiswhite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for all your answers. Yes unfortunately many egyptians are racist, but maybe because they didnt use to see mixted couple and maybe too much egytians people because they cant travel its more difficult for them have open mind ???
I dont know but i was suprise to see all the people looked after me with strange eyes especialy egyptians women. At first i had think its because i m so nice they cant beleave that !!! IT A JOKE ;-)
...But time after time, i think yes, maybe, many egyptians are racist.
And now i know my husband is crazy or he really loves me :-) cause it could be hard for him to live with me in egypt ! A french catholic black woman. My god how is it possible all these lacks in one people...AGAIN A JOKE ;-)
No one answer me they know some example of mixed couple. Could we be the one ???
PS : i hope you will understand me with my speacial joke and my french english writing !

Posts: 6 | From: FRANCE | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Demiana
Member # 2710

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Demiana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you sure people in Egypt look at you becaus you are black? They might as well look at you for other reasons, like being western.
We had a photogallery here on ES some time ago, showing all the different types of people, especially coptic people in Egypt. Some sure are black and 'African' looking.
I know my appearance always raises the attention and I am your regular redhead, you may think an alien landed in Alex. In fact all women on the street may at some point raise male attention, whatever skincolour, race or outfit!:-)

Posts: 1419 | From: Amsterdam, Netherlands | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com