This is topic tracing family history in forum Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat at EgyptSearch Forums.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=003559

Posted by DawnBev (Member # 11276) on :

has anyone managed to trace their family history?

I'm trying to do mine, but its difficult - found out that my dad's paternal side came over from Lancashire in the mid 1830s, the earliest I could trace was a man born in 1815 -

wow - such travellers, they moved from lancashire to Yorkshire (I'm being sarcastic here! I mean, its so boring!!

Mickey - what are your origins - seen as though we look similar, we could be related?!

Posted by MICKY A (Member # 11209) on :

i am French and Italian, i really don't see the likeness [Big Grin]

Posted by FairyDust (Member # 7138) on :

Yes, I have gotten as far back as the early 1700's, when my people came from Scotland to the USA.

Posted by tina kamal (Member # 13845) on :

mine came from germany and i dont know where else
lol

Posted by Tigerlily (Member # 3567) on :

quote:
Originally posted by tina kamal:
mine came from germany

Wonderful! So many people back in the States have German lineage. [Smile]

Posted by With a name like Smuckers (Member # 10289) on :

My father is from Germany, my mother is 3rd generation Mexican-American. Her roots go back to native American indians...we even have pictures of past relatives dressed up in the tribal attire. [Smile]

Posted by tina kamal (Member # 13845) on :

thats cool our family aint close i have no old pics no knoledge all i have now is me and my mom and kids i havent the urge to go to texas and look upmy family they are all messed up druggies and drinkers not my kinda thing

Posted by akshar (Member # 1680) on :

Try ancestry the uk version has the census returns online and I traced several branches of the family back 9 generations to the 1700's and across several countries. Great fun

Posted by Mother War (Member # 8386) on :

My father is Belgian, my mother is German/Irish (more German than Irish).

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com