This is topic Bit nervous in forum Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat at EgyptSearch Forums.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=004470

Posted by Little Sparrow (Member # 14851) on :

Hi all, this is my first time to post, I have been lurking around for quite a number of months.

I am from UK, currently divorcing my husband (marriage was over before this, just not on paper).

I am 40 years old, I have 2 children from this marriage who are older.

I have money.

I can have children still.

I am not an old bag,long blonde hair,pretty, slim get asked out all the time by (far too) young english guys, look younger than my years and fit.(not trying to be conceited here by the way)

I really just want to find out a few things really, so I hope you can all give me a heads up.

Same old story really....

I have met an egyptian guy, he was working at Four Seasons when i stayed there with my friend. He was really sweet and when I said we were going to Naama for the evening I said he could meet us and show us around.

He did, he did the usual crap of your beautiful etc that they all do, (have been to sharm a few times), but there was just something about him which I trusted, and I really took to... dont know why, I just did. So I asked him to stop giving me the bullshit and be normal etc. I can be very frank with people, and he did and we got on really well, we made a pact and he swore he would be honest with me and I promised him I would, and he seems to be, even telling me stuff I dont enjoy hearing.

He is 33 just, his parents are both dead, his brother is now head of the family.They live in a nice area of Cairo. He has told me that he has had quite a few girlfriends in the past, been out with a few english girls too etc. So doesnt appear to be telling lies.

I have just come back from a weeks visit to him, he only gets off work from Four Seasons, once a month. We stayed at Marriot.... now I paid for his room as we had to get 2 rooms not together, but I spent most of time in same room. He payed for other stuff when we went out and didnt ask me for money.

We had a fantastic holiday, went on a boat to Tiran etc..... a lot of people assumed we were married for some reason, dont know why, went to fantasia and loads of other things.

It was just lovely to be with him.. he makes me feel really safe, takes so much care of me, extremely protective.

The men I meet in England are always overly gentlemanly to me, so I am used to being treated with respect. But this, it was just so lovely, he said I am like something precious that needs to be protected.(I think he meant I needed to be wrapped up like a present so other men didnt look at me hahah) He didnt even like his friends saying anything that could be slightly flirty, and quickly put them straight.

He would always have a protective arm ready for crossing roads, and carrying bags and would sometimes put an arm around my shoulder, but would be totally respectful to me at all times.

Just so many things that I fell in love with him for, I could go on forever... he was just such a lovely guy... or so it would appear.

He would like to take this further, he rings me and I ring him most days, we text and talk online and I am going back out in a few weeks for another visit. He wants to take me to cairo to meet his family, I have already spoken to his sister on the phone, very sweet. His friend has said that I am a very very nice girl and he should take very good care, or words to that effect. (which worried me a bit cos why would he say that, doesnt he ususally then???)He hasnt told his brother about me yet, but his brother wants him to marry as he is 33... plus on paper I am still married so not good. He has told his sister about me though as I said.

Now, after reading this forum... I came back to earth with a resounding thud.

I am scared that I am being duped here.. he is a bit of a gorgeous babe, but I am no trog by far. But what worries me is the money thing.

Can someone shed some light on this story and give me their opinion, but please dont call me a fat old hag for going out with younger guy(or something like that hahah)... I have always gone out with younger guys, including english ones (i know there is 7 years difference in this relationship but I dont look my age.. if that makes any difference)

I just need to know warning signs or anything that I can say or do so that I could see what his true intentions are. I believe they are trustworthy but my friends tell me to take care, he could just want money and uk pass...etc.. but you lot seem to know what you are talking about so any advice would be great.

thanks

Posted by Bastet*Loves*Ptah (Member # 13948) on :

Want to know his true intentions? Suggest that you will marry him (if he asks) and live with him in Egypt. Tell him you have no money and he could support you both but that you are not willing to live with him in your own country.

The fact that he works in a resort/hotel is a big red flag, not always but usually. You are not the first he has probably spoken with, as he has said, and you may look good/younger for your age but there are others who are younger and probably prettier, so you must ask yourself 'why me?'.
He was just a diamond in the rough waiting to be discovered by you? [Confused]

Take it slowly, try to find out more about him and see if next time he can reimburse you for your airfare. You are spending money to come and visit him and if he wants to see you he will fund that.

Posted by maxman (Member # 12150) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Bastet*Loves*Ptah:
Want to know his true intentions? Suggest that you will marry him (if he asks) and live with him in Egypt. Tell him you have no money and he could support you both but that you are not willing to live with him in your own country.

The fact that he works in a resort/hotel is a big red flag, not always but usually. You are not the first he has probably spoken with, as he has said, and you may look good/younger for your age but there are others who are younger and probably prettier, so you must ask yourself 'why me?'.
He was just a diamond in the rough waiting to be discovered by you? [Confused]

Take it slowly, try to find out more about him and see if next time he can reimburse you for your airfare. You are spending money to come and visit him and if he wants to see you he will fund that.

That is the best advice one can find on ES! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posted by advocate (Member # 13367) on :

What I cannot understand about the ES forum is how can a woman expect a man living in Egypt to pay her airfare? [Confused] I am sure if this were men from another countries they would not be expected to do so?!

As we are all aware, wages in Egypt are considerably low and the price for the airfare I know (from the uk at least is £300+) would cost approximately a month's wage, how could anyone possibly afford that and live, eat and pay their bills? [Eek!]

Whilst I appreciate relationships should be reciprocal, that does not neccessarily mean that men have to pay for EVERYTHING.

I feel that telling newcomers that their "loves" should pay their airfare and for everything else is being unrealistic and setting up their possible relationships to fail from the onset if they feel that their "love" does not love them enough to pay as others have appeared to do on this and other forums. [Frown]

This is just my opinion. [Razz]

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=14;t=000096;p=1#000000

i think this link says what I am trying to say [Frown]

quote:
Originally posted by advocate:
What I cannot understand about the ES forum is how can a woman expect a man living in Egypt to pay her airfare? [Confused] I am sure if this were men from another countries they would not be expected to do so?!

As we are all aware, wages in Egypt are considerably low and the price for the airfare I know (from the uk at least is £300+) would cost approximately a month's wage, how could anyone possibly afford that and live, eat and pay their bills? [Eek!]

Whilst I appreciate relationships should be reciprocal, that does not neccessarily mean that men have to pay for EVERYTHING.

I feel that telling newcomers that their "loves" should pay their airfare and for everything else is being unrealistic and setting up their possible relationships to fail from the onset if they feel that their "love" does not love them enough to pay as others have appeared to do on this and other forums. [Frown]

This is just my opinion. [Razz]

What is so impossible to understand? She says he has never asked her for money, he pays for things, comes from a nice place in Cairo, why not ask? If he is unable to pay for a complete ticket, why not split the cost? [Confused] Believe me, the men here will prove a lot to you in what they do financially, even if it is a little that they can afford. She should ask him, see his reaction.

i'm sorry but I couldn't bring myself to ask any man for anything, especially for money for me to come and see him. [Embarrassed]

My opinion although aknowledge not shared by all.

Posted by young at heart (Member # 10365) on :

I agree advocate it is totally unrealistic to expect an Egyptian man to pay an airfare and the rest on the wages they earn.
Little Sparrow, There is no hard and fast rules about trusting his intentions. Keeping your feet firmly on the ground and your eyes wide open is a good start.
I met my guy nearly 3 years ago, at the time he was working in Sharm too. We were friends for quite a long time before it developed into a relationship. I had read this site for a while and yes it certainly brings you down to earth! I spent so much time doubting him, waiting for a reason to be proved I was right. It has to be said everything is really good between us.

It's just a case of being careful, not getting carried away or making rash decisions. If he suddenly has an ill relative, starts talking about opening his own business, wanting a car for a better job, or suddenly goes awol,with his mobile 'not working', or all of the above, which happened to someone I know! Then have serious doubts. All the best to you, just take care.

If you were dating a Western man that you knew made less money than you did, you would insist to pay for each date? [Confused] Of course not, but you ladies give allowances because the man is different? If he is serious he will have no problem to help with the expense as much as he can and be honest about that. Otherwise you will see him take off really fast, and where is the harm in finding out true character early?

Posted by Ayisha (Member # 4713) on :

Although I fully agree with bastet, this is very sound advice, but I also agree with advocate regarding the expenses.

I know there have been times that my husband has insisted on paying for things when I visited, I knew he couldn't afford it and I knew why he was doing it. I have never 'expected' him to pay my fare, or for anything else, as I knew the salary he was taking home and how many he had to support on that. But I found out that he was borrowing money to do this and getting himself into debt to provide for me, which he would then pay back over the time I wasnt there with him. One time he did ask me to come and that he would send the money, I refused as I knew he would have got the money and had to pay it back over 6 months. His salary at that time, it would have been 6 months salary for my ticket!

Its all fair and good to 'test' him on these things but the test is if he asks for money, for his sick aunts uncles cousins heart operation, then run. Saying that though now im here there is always someone in hospital or just died!! [Big Grin] No he asks for no money to fund these great operations but he does visit sick and dead and dying a lot of the time, due to responsibility.

Any woman from a western culture should be aware of the basic salaries these men are actually on, and also be aware of how many family members he will be supporting on that. I could not live with myself if I thought for one minute him providing me an air ticket would leave any of his family without anything they needed. At that time what I earned in less than 1 day was what he earned in 1 month!

BHP, I agree there is no harm in finding out true character, that is what we wish to know about our prospective partners.

What I find hard to digest is that it appears on ES that Egyptian men are being encouraged to fund visits from their "loves" when they cannot afford it, should he offer to assist in paying for the airfare and accommodation then that is fair enough in my opinion, but the female should not automatically expect her partner to pay.

If I were dating a western man of lower income than me, I would suggest we go dutch, I would suggest that in any case, regardless of income, as it would not be something you would discuss when first getting to know each other would you?

Nobody is saying anything about being "different" it is about being "realistic".

quote:
If you were dating a Western man that you knew made less money than you did, you would insist to pay for each date? [Confused] Of course not, but you ladies give allowances because the man is different? If he is serious he will have no problem to help with the expense as much as he can and be honest about that. Otherwise you will see him take off really fast, and where is the harm in finding out true character early?

Bastet i understand what you are saying but its not the same at all. A western man earning less than his date is totally different to an Egyptian man earning less than his western woman.

As I said above, in less than 1 day I earned more than my husband earned in 1 month and that was WITH his tips!! Granted it was not the best job or the best salary, but we cant choose who we fall in love with. When I was searching for work in Cairo, before I met my husband, I was shocked at the small salaries for up market jobs. I know this has increased since then but the salaries here are still nothing like those in the west.

There are many other ways to 'test' him but asking for air fare is not one. If he expects you to pay for everything once you are there and wont even put his hand in his pocket for a taxi, and takes you to fancy places expecting you to pay, then hes on the make simple as that. If he takes you to some grotty looking Egyptian eating place for the best chicken in Luxor, and pays himself, then maybe hes ok [Big Grin]

I understand what you are saying. I really do.
I also find it very nice that you are willing to be so fair when it comes to the expenses of the man who makes little.
But you must view it FROM AN EGYPTIAN PERSPECTIVE and not from A WESTERN PERSPECTIVE.
The Egyptian man can at least pay for half of some things, as much as he is able to. Anything less is shameful for him. If you give him a free ride he will gladly take it but if you encourage (nudge nudge) him to take on more he will see you as having more self respect.
If he is unable to, then he is simply unable. But how do you know how many other women this man has flying in to see him from all over the world? I'm sure if he was helping to fund their flights each time it might not be so many and he may be more selective in who he chooses to see. Do you see where I'm going with this? [Wink]

absolutely bastet! and I fully agree.

There are many men here who have a wife on every flight in!

There are also men here with no wives and no g/f's and who happen to have 'met' someone either on holiday or on the net and are very genuine. The trick is to find which one you have.

I have already told of, or posted a link to, my 'old' story of my 'ex' Egyptian, affectionately known as 'the bast**d'. While i was in Egypt he paid for everything, took me to posh places and I was wined and dined like a princess. he did the same while we were in Paris. I was never expected to pay for anything. It took a good few months before the requests to 'help' financially came, by that time I was hooked. So it doesnt always happen right away. You can think you have the best in the world who pays for everything and sweeps you off your feet and months later you find you had a rat that took you for everything and you didnt even see it coming!

Best advice for little sparrow, and any others in the same situation, is to get to know him in reality, meet family and friends, see what other people say about him......If there is ANY doubts someone WILL tell you. They LOVE to 'inject' (plant a seed of doubt), both foreigners and Egyptians. Use your instincts and LISTEN TO THEM. If you get a red flag LISTEN TO IT.

MOST Egyptian men of any worth have not had many 'girlfriends' before, it's not in the culture to do that, but if he has and he has said so then he's being honest but step with caution!! Many girlfriends can mean many 'orfi wives' as there has to be some paperwork to allow him to 'be' with the 'girlfriends'. Go and have a holiday, but hold onto your heart and your purse, dont 'spend' what you cant afford to lose. If it is real then it will come out.

I agree getting to know him more, spend time with him and meet family is the best choice.

Posted by ????? (Member # 12336) on :

I agree with BLP. Except from her holiday expierences LS doesn't know anything about her boyfreind, except what he has told her.
If he indeed is an orphan, with an elder brother being responsable, from a nice area in Cairo, I'll ask myself why his brother agrees in working in a red sea hotel, which is not a very honourable working-enviroment in Egyptian eyes.
He is bringing up a possible problem with his brother and an arranged marriage at age 33. I'm sure he already knows who his bride is going to be, sounds this is already arranged.
So, if he is going to show up with a foreign woman who isn't even devorced, at least they will not be pleased. It is loss of face, the families already gave each other promises.
(If indeed this is the truth)
So, you don't know what he has told his sister, because you don't understand Arabic. You will not know what he is going tell his brother for the same reasons.
You are going to visit that very nice area in Cairo to meet them, and you only can hope the people you're going to meet indeed are his brother and sister.
A family is more then brothers and sisters. How about grandparents, uncles, aunts, neices and nephews? When he indeed will tell his brother that he is going to marry you, you have to be introduced to them too.
Meet the brother's wife, and try to get in contact with anybody who speaks English in that family. Watch how they live, where they live, how they make their money, where the children go to school, etc. Collect as much information as possible. This will give a good impression about how they are as a family.
And talk about your future. I guess you cannot move to Egypt, because of your children. What are your plans for the future, when you are married?
Did he talk about that?
How is he going to provide you and your children?
Did he bring that up, or does he assume that this is your responsebility?
How does he think about your children, does he pay interest in them?
What are his plans and are they serious enough?
There is a lot you can find out, but at the same time you have to realise you're getting involved more and more with every step you take.
Is this just a sweet talking man, or a man that wants to take his responsebility?

Posted by newcomer (Member # 1056) on :

If a western woman comes on holiday, she has to save up money for a while to come over here on holiday, why should the man she is coming to see not have to either save up or pay back money to at least partly fund the trip, if funding all of it would be too much?

Due to visa difficulties or the comparative expense of a holiday in the west, it may be more economical for the woman to come to Egypt, but if she is making all the effort to come and see him, and is looking at the man as a potential husband, to not have any expectations on him footing a large part of the bill for those trips is setting up expectations for the future. If they want to keep on providing for the man throughout a potential marriage, then it's no problem, as that is the expectation that is being established. But to think of it as being an investment for a possible future return, that it not the way it is seen in the eyes of an Egyptian man.

quote:
Originally posted by newcomer:
If they want to keep on providing for the man throughout a potential marriage, then it's no problem, as that is the expectation that is being established. But to think of it as being an investment for a possible future return, that it not the way it is seen in the eyes of an Egyptian man.

And there you have it.

The Egyptian man will see it much differnetly even though he wants you to think he views you as 'ohhh so kind to have pity on him'. I think there are many delusions going on otherwise, or just plain ignorance to the culture.

quote:
Originally posted by Little Sparrow:
Hi all, this is my first time to post, I have been lurking around for quite a number of months.

I am from UK, currently divorcing my husband (marriage was over before this, just not on paper).

I am 40 years old, I have 2 children from this marriage who are older.

I have money.

I can have children still.

I am not an old bag,long blonde hair,pretty, slim get asked out all the time by (far too) young english guys, look younger than my years and fit.(not trying to be conceited here by the way)

I really just want to find out a few things really, so I hope you can all give me a heads up.

Same old story really....

I have met an egyptian guy, he was working at Four Seasons when i stayed there with my friend. He was really sweet and when I said we were going to Naama for the evening I said he could meet us and show us around.

He did, he did the usual crap of your beautiful etc that they all do, (have been to sharm a few times), but there was just something about him which I trusted, and I really took to... dont know why, I just did. So I asked him to stop giving me the bullshit and be normal etc. I can be very frank with people, and he did and we got on really well, we made a pact and he swore he would be honest with me and I promised him I would, and he seems to be, even telling me stuff I dont enjoy hearing.

He is 33 just, his parents are both dead, his brother is now head of the family.They live in a nice area of Cairo. He has told me that he has had quite a few girlfriends in the past, been out with a few english girls too etc. So doesnt appear to be telling lies.

I have just come back from a weeks visit to him, he only gets off work from Four Seasons, once a month. We stayed at Marriot.... now I paid for his room as we had to get 2 rooms not together, but I spent most of time in same room. He payed for other stuff when we went out and didnt ask me for money.

We had a fantastic holiday, went on a boat to Tiran etc..... a lot of people assumed we were married for some reason, dont know why, went to fantasia and loads of other things.

It was just lovely to be with him.. he makes me feel really safe, takes so much care of me, extremely protective.

The men I meet in England are always overly gentlemanly to me, so I am used to being treated with respect. But this, it was just so lovely, he said I am like something precious that needs to be protected.(I think he meant I needed to be wrapped up like a present so other men didnt look at me hahah) He didnt even like his friends saying anything that could be slightly flirty, and quickly put them straight.

He would always have a protective arm ready for crossing roads, and carrying bags and would sometimes put an arm around my shoulder, but would be totally respectful to me at all times.

Just so many things that I fell in love with him for, I could go on forever... he was just such a lovely guy... or so it would appear.

He would like to take this further, he rings me and I ring him most days, we text and talk online and I am going back out in a few weeks for another visit. He wants to take me to cairo to meet his family, I have already spoken to his sister on the phone, very sweet. His friend has said that I am a very very nice girl and he should take very good care, or words to that effect. (which worried me a bit cos why would he say that, doesnt he ususally then???)He hasnt told his brother about me yet, but his brother wants him to marry as he is 33... plus on paper I am still married so not good. He has told his sister about me though as I said.

Now, after reading this forum... I came back to earth with a resounding thud.

I am scared that I am being duped here.. he is a bit of a gorgeous babe, but I am no trog by far. But what worries me is the money thing.

Can someone shed some light on this story and give me their opinion, but please dont call me a fat old hag for going out with younger guy(or something like that hahah)... I have always gone out with younger guys, including english ones (i know there is 7 years difference in this relationship but I dont look my age.. if that makes any difference)

I just need to know warning signs or anything that I can say or do so that I could see what his true intentions are. I believe they are trustworthy but my friends tell me to take care, he could just want money and uk pass...etc.. but you lot seem to know what you are talking about so any advice would be great.

thanks

oh pooh! I read the others answers and answered then without reading all your post first [Big Grin]

From one older old bag to another, [Wink] the age difference between you 2 is not great and I know that many women of a more 'mature' age look better than when they were 17 [Big Grin] like me. [Wink]

I have never been to sharm but I have heard stories, not all good. the part that bothers me here is that he said he has had girlfriends before and the part about his brother wanting him married. At 33 he is a bit 'old' to be looking for a first Egyptian wife, as someone else said it could already be on the go anyway.

Sisters are not always 'sisters' and it can come out later that the sister you spoke to was in fact 'wife', so thats one to watch out for.

Go and meet the family, as many of them as you can, see how he is with them and how they are with you. You dont have enough time to learn enough Arabic so you will have to rely on instincts here.

you can read much here about Egyptian men, not all good as those with good to tell usually get ripped apart, as you will see. InshaAllah you wont regret the day you asked this question here and as I said to another newbie, make sure you have a hard hat and a bullet proof vest, and a good sense of humour [Big Grin]

Whatever we say you will make your own mind up. You know him and we dont, so take what we say with the normal bucket of salt and just make sure you are armed well and ask the right questions at the right time. Good Luck!

Bastet I dont see it as pity. I understand what you and newcomer are saying. neither do I see it as an investment for a possible return, unless you are talking about 'business wives' [Big Grin]

The man should provide from his means, if his means do not stretch to an air ticket then that has to be paid for by the women, those women that are going on 'holiday'. Lets face it, until either you move to his country or he moves to yours, a holiday is what it is.

My husband provides for his family from his means, if his means are short then I will help out, I would certainly not let his family go without while I have what I need, it doesnt matter to me whose money it is, but thats me.

These women are going on holiday and meeting men, on holiday. Some just have a good time then go home and some fall in lerve! if they fall in lerve and want to visit him more regularly that is for them to fund, as you say even westerners save up for a holiday but those that have been to Egypt a few times know full well its NOT the 'holiday of a lifetime' in the sense you save up for a lifetime to get it!

As I said an air ticket from UK is around £300, thats lets say 3000LE, thats a LOT of money for an Egyptian man to fork out as well as supporting the woman once she is there. On the other hand £300 is the 'disposable income' of most working people in the UK in one month, many more than that. So what it could take an Egyptian man months if not years to save up, a western woman can do it in one month and every month if she chose to.

Many many Egyptian families live on 500LE or LESS a MONTH. The 'disposable income' is probably nothing or a few piastres for the coffee shop! A western woman on holiday here is not wanting to eat molokhaya and baladi bread everyday to survive, which is what many families live on. To ask an Egyptian man to pay air fare AND support while she is there is asking him to go beyond his means, so a western woman on 'holiday' should not expect him to be taking food from the mouths of his family to show her a good time and prove himself. If my husband ever let his family go without to try to prove something to me like that all it would prove is his lack of responsibility where it was most needed.

You don't seem to have understood what I was saying; only part of it.

My message was that a western woman shouldn't make all the effort of travelling over here, paying the full price of her ticket, and maybe even her accommodation and other holiday expenses, thinking that if things do work out the man will then expect to take over and support her if she moves here. If she does that, she will be establishing expectations for the future.

I was saying that it is better to expect the man to pay as much of the costs as he can, even if it means that he has to save up for it or pay back borrowed money. That should be just part of his contribution to the visits.

Ayisha, no need to take this conversation so personally, it is meant more for the poster, I realize your situation is quite different.
If the man doesn't have the money to host her he has no business planning to get married yet. I understand there are the exceptions but those exceptions are SO FEW it is HIGHLY irresponsible to give women here the impression that they happened to catch one of the rareities.

Newcomer, I agree that he should be expected to 'contribute' what he can but I cannot agree he should be allowing himself to get into debt for it, yes save up IF it is possible for him to do that on his income, what if its not? Then we get back to the same thing about a man who cant 'afford' a woman and the same old thing about how much is a wife!

Not all of us are lucky enough to fall for a rich man, in whatever terms used in the particular country. Should we then tell our hearts not to love because this is a poor man? The poor are the salt of the earth in my opinion, and I would rather have a poor honest man than a rich gigolo any day! you see, most men that COULD afford to do this I would be asking where the hell he got the money from to pay for my ticket. i KNOW personally men that do this, men with lots of money who flash it when necessary and I KNOW where they get the money from too.

Bastet, Ok I know im getting carried away here [Big Grin] but i can only speak from my own experience.

If the man is planning to marry, as his brother wants him to, then it is possible the brother will pay those marriage expenses for him, this does happen a lot too.

Its not just looking at the man in particular, its also looking at yourself. I know we are talking about a different culture but we are talking about 2 different cultures here and how they can mix and gain from each other. You cant just say look at things from the Egyptian culture as when a westerner is involved you have to look at things from both cultures.

As a westerner i am used to sharing, Egyptians also share among themselves all the time, more than westerners do even. Now if the poster said she has NO money then I can see the advice here to be reasonable, but she has said she HAS money, so I dont think it fair to make him pay for her to have a holiday when he will undoubtedly have MUCH less than she has. There are other ways to test his worth. Ask him what he thinks about living in UK for one thing, see how he answers that one. Ask him what he thinks of her moving to Egypt, see how he likes that, making sure it is known he will be supporting her from his means.

Im not saying this poster has caught one of the rare ones. No one knows that not even her and only time will tell. But to bombard her with all the questions and tests and thinks to look for assuming she hasnt is not going to help either. she has not met the family yet, that is number ONE, if he doesnt take her to meet his family then red flags out.

There are only so many 'general' things anyone can say, as not every Egyptian man is the same, neither are all Egyptian women or western women.

My advice would be to go for 7 weeks, you can on a charter. No man can keep up a pretense for that long and if there are any cracks they will show in that time!

Posted by Penny (Member # 1925) on :

Hi Sparrow, you did not say what his job at the Four Seasons was because there is a big difference between say a management job or that of a waiter/beach boy.

I would think your biggest concern should be that at 33 he is most likely already married but that could depend on family background and social status.

The replies above give you the usual warning signs to look out for but nothing will be able to put your mind at rest and probably only by spending a considerable amount of time in Egypt with him and meeting his family will you ever find the answers you want.

Women such as yourself are very vunerable to VISA hunters as the men know you are not going to be upping and leaving the UK when you have children there, so no amount of testing him on the financial front will give you any answers, as the VISA hunter will happily pay up in Egypt if he thinks there is a chance of getting to a European country.
They all know how to play the games they all advise each other on how to play them.

Take care you had a nice holiday romance, what you need to be asking yourself is what sort of life you want for you and your children when the bubble bursts and you come back down to earth and contemplate living a REAL life with a man from a totally different culture. Be that life in the UK or in Egypt.

quote:
Originally posted by Penny:
as the VISA hunter will happily pay up in Egypt if he thinks there is a chance of getting to a European country.
They all know how to play the games they all advise each other on how to play them.

spot on as ever penny!

quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
Newcomer, I agree that he should be expected to 'contribute' what he can but I cannot agree he should be allowing himself to get into debt for it, yes save up IF it is possible for him to do that on his income, what if its not? Then we get back to the same thing about a man who cant 'afford' a woman and the same old thing about how much is a wife!

Not all of us are lucky enough to fall for a rich man, in whatever terms used in the particular country. Should we then tell our hearts not to love because this is a poor man? The poor are the salt of the earth in my opinion, and I would rather have a poor honest man than a rich gigolo any day! you see, most men that COULD afford to do this I would be asking where the hell he got the money from to pay for my ticket. i KNOW personally men that do this, men with lots of money who flash it when necessary and I KNOW where they get the money from too.

If the man is a poor man and a woman wants to get into a relationship with him, and if she has her eyes open to the fact that he is poor, and is likely to always be that way, and what his lifestyle really is; and if she realizes that if she comes here he wouldn't be able to support her to live in the style that she is accustomed to without her trying to find a source of income to finance it, then it is no problem for her to come here and pay all her expenses.

But if them man only has an income of as you say 500LE/$100 or less a month, and has family to support on that, a woman should be realistic about the lifestyle that he might be able to offer her and what his expectations of their married life would be. It may be romantic to live in a poor neighbourhood for a holiday or on a temporary basis, but if you are considering more than that, and you like "western luxuries" like cereal for breakfast, you have to try to be realistic.

I agree that there are many poor people who are wonderful people, but can you live with them and adopt their lifestyle, for life. Some women can, some can't...many have left Egyptian husbands precisely because it was too hard for them to adapt.

There are also many men who could afford to make a sizeable contribution, if not pay for the whole trip who wouldn't have to get their money from shady sources, not all men who have money in Egypt are gigolos!

Posted by Almaz. (Member # 14025) on :

quote:
quote:

If the man is a poor man and a woman wants to get into a relationship with him, and if she has her eyes open to the fact that he is poor, and is likely to always be that way, and what his lifestyle really is; and if she realizes that if she comes here he wouldn't be able to support her to live in the style that she is accustomed to without her trying to find a source of income to finance it, then it is no problem for her to come here and pay all her expenses.

But if them man only has an income of as you say 500LE/$100 or less a month, and has family to support on that, a woman should be realistic about the lifestyle that he might be able to offer her and what his expectations of their married life would be. It may be romantic to live in a poor neighbourhood for a holiday or on a temporary basis, but if you are considering more than that, and you like "western luxuries" like cereal for breakfast, you have to try to be realistic.

I agree that there are many poor people who are wonderful people, but can you live with them and adopt their lifestyle, for life. Some women can, some can't...many have left Egyptian husbands precisely because it was too hard for them to adapt.

There are also many men who could afford to make a sizeable contribution, if not pay for the whole trip who wouldn't have to get their money from shady sources, not all men who have money in Egypt are gigolos!

This is a very fair answer. If you know 'everything' you should know about this man and still want to be with him then go ahead.

But I would reverse the situation to this:

Imagine this man to be from your nationality, in your country with a low pay - with the same family, social and financial situation as this one, what would you do?

quote:
I agree getting to know him more, spend time with him and meet family is the best choice.

It is very important to see where he lives for real and meet his family and friends, especially that - as many know - a 'nice area in Cairo' has also unfortunately 'not so nice' pockets, unfortunately.

Also remember that most Egyptian men - who are not very rich - that meet an Egyptian woman they like /love that is richer than them, will say proudly when proposing:

You will have to live on my 'means' and adapt to 'my life' and forget about 'what you were used to'.

And guess what? a few of these marriages do succeed but MOST end up in a divorce and the woman goes back to the life she was used to.

The question is risk. What are you willing to risk and is it worth it?

quote:
Originally posted by Almaz.:
quote:
quote:

This is a very fair answer. If you know 'everything' you should know about this man and still want to be with him then go ahead.

But I would reverse the situation to this:

Imagine this man to be from your nationality, in your country with a low pay - with the same family, social and financial situation as this one, what would you do?

exactly the same almaz.

Egyptian men are not the bees knees, they are not anything different, they are not from a different planet. If I met a man in UK who was of lower income than me it would make no difference to how i felt about him.

Newcomer, I know all Egyptian men with a high income are not gigolos [Big Grin] but most who work in the beach places do have a tendency to be that as the opportunity is there on a plate most of the time.

Of course any woman who intends to live here has to look at many things before moving here, like accommodation and living costs. Not all westerners can do it and not all Egyptians will be happy in another country either. Joining the 2 cultures is an uphill struggle no matter how much in love you are, it takes a lot of thinking, talking and preparation, but it can be done, both ways.

I know one lady who lived here over 5 years, brushing scorpions off her clothes every morning before going to work for a pittance, her husband did his best to support her and they had nothing. They eventually went to UK and made a bit of a living and come back regularly to oversee the building of their home here in Luxor. They have 2 beautiful children Alhamdulillah and she is much older than him. She stuck it because she loves him and they will return to live here. He has adjusted to UK life and now thinks people are crazy here, he sees now what we as foreigners see and it hurts him. This is a couple who have tried both cultures and are still together, and she knows she can survive here on nothing as she has done it. She had no money when she came and lived in the family home with him.

I know another woman who has been here 17 years, she has lived in the most poor living accommodation and has known hunger many times, she is still here and will always be here as she loves her husband, she is also a second wife. She has done everything she can to help him and raise the living status of the family and its paid off, if she had less about her she would have given up years ago.

It takes all sorts to make a world go round my mum used to say, its true. Not everyone can live as another lives out of necessity. For a western woman to choose to live here and be supported by her husband on a low income, she would have to be very adaptable, but there are very few who would do it and not want to help or contribute in any way as we are not made that way. For us to take on a different culture means also that the man in question has to take on some of ours. An Egyptian man cannot marry a western woman and expect her to adapt without him adapting also.

Great examples Ayisha!
Out of love people accomplish beautiful things.

I also know many wealthy Egyptian families that upgrade the life of many poor Egyptian families, and when I say upgrade I mean a real change, giving work to the head of the family with a very good salary, buying the family clothes all year round, giving them good furniture, sometimes a small piece of land, and taking care of all the financial issues when there is a marriage, a birth, sickness/surgery etc...

I also know of very wealthy Egyptian men - who are definitely not gigolos [Wink] - marrying very poor girls/women and upgrading their status tremendously out of love too.

It is also known that many people that are given a great opportunity can be very successful, but others can be very abusive and will not use the good opportunity in the correct way. It is a risk.

The lady you mentioned is remarkable to have been a second wife and lived a life of struggle. We do have many good Egyptian women that would stand by their men in richer and in poorer, and struggle till they all see the light, but most would not be the second wives. Second wives that are Egyptian , are known to be the 'spoiled' the 'younger' the 'secret affair' the more 'lusty' side of things.

Posted by Tigerlily (Member # 3567) on :

" I know another woman who has been here 17 years, she has lived in the most poor living accommodation and has known hunger many times, she is still here and will always be here as she loves her husband, she is also a second wife. She has done everything she can to help him and raise the living status of the family and its paid off, if she had less about her she would have given up years ago."

I guess it's a personal choice.... I wouldn't favor that by any means!

many thanks for the good advice, I knew i could count on you guys.

so next time I go out there, I wont expect him to pay for my ticket, but will not flash cash around and perhaps be a little bit more dependant on him and see his reaction.

I will go and meet his family (if it is indeed his family)see where and how he lives, see if I can meet more of the extended family.

wow the post that said I could have spoken with his wife (not his sister) really blew me away, how disgusting would that be!? but the wedding photos dont look like she is marrying him. It is definately something i will think about and look into. it never even entered my brain that that could happen.Yes I am naive.

My gut feeling is that he does really like me, there is no reason not to but I have reservations, obviously, otherwise I wouldnt have posted this in first place.

I origionally said to him that I could perhaps(not would)live in egypt,at a later date but would kind of commute home every few months, my children are older and independent, hence the final divorce from my husband at this point in time and not earlier. But I will go and stay there for a considerable amount of time before I do anything else following the suggestion from earlier post. How does this work, you rent an apartment or some such thing??

He said that he wasnt sure if he could live in UK as he was very close to his family and would miss them, so could swing both ways, he could either be telling lies and want to move to uk eventually, or could want to stay as he has a wife.

I dont mind him having money from me, this isnt the problem, and it is better to have a girlfriend with money than without..no?

But I dont want the only reason he is with me to be for the money or for access into UK.And I do have a couple of red flags raised now regarding this girlfriend situation and something his friend said to me, regarding him being 'naughty'

So I will take all your advice, and put it into play fairly, and we will see what happens. If nothing else I have had a wonderful time with a man and will just put it down to holidays and life experience.

Can anyone see my picture in my profile, cos I dont see anyone elses.. wondered if I uploaded something wrong.

Oh and I do have him on quicktime video talking to his brother in arabic, so if anyone wants to translate this would be great hehehe.

Good luck LS.
[Smile]

quote:
Good luck LS.
[Smile]

Ditto [Wink]

I can see your picture.

am I only one who puts pic in profile??? I cant see anyone elses

Can you see mine????? Sometimes they block it, because it could have influence on members.
Male members.
[Razz]

yes good luck, thought we scared you away [Big Grin]

I cant see a picture, but then im on dial up so it may take a day or 2 [Big Grin]

Can you see mine??! MEOW [Big Grin]

haha yes bastet i can see your pretty kitty.. [Smile]

quote:
Great examples Ayisha!

I also know many wealthy Egyptian families that upgrade the life of many poor Egyptian families, and when I say upgrade I mean a real change, giving work to the head of the family with a very good salary, buying the family clothes all year round, giving them good furniture, sometimes a small piece of land, and taking care of all the financial issues when there is a marriage, a birth, sickness/surgery etc...

I also know of very wealthy Egyptian men - who are definitely not gigolos [Wink] - marrying very poor girls/women and upgrading their status tremendously out of love too.

It is also known that many people that are given a great opportunity can be very successful, but others can be very abusive and will not use the good opportunity in the correct way. It is a risk.

The lady you mentioned is remarkable to have been a second wife and lived a life of struggle. We do have many good Egyptian women that would stand by their men in richer and in poorer, and struggle till they all see the light, but most would not be the second wives. Second wives that are Egyptian , are known to be the 'spoiled' the 'younger' the 'secret affair' the more 'lusty' side of things.

This lady is an older British lady but they now are doing very well. Their business supports many many families and they certainly help out many many more needy families apart from those that work for them. Both wives are great friends and the children have 2 mums who they love the same. The English wife has made sure all the children are fluent in English and is making sure they get the chance of uni too, in fact the 2 elder ones are at Uni already and inshaAllah the next one will be soon. She loves them like her own and they all live in the same house too. This family is an exception I know, but a great one and a wonderful example to us all.

I did get a bit scared reading some of those replies there Ayisha, but glad I did.. very helpfull...hahahaha poor guy, I will be watching his every move like a hawk not a sparrow. Wish I spoke arabic grrrrr

quote:
haha yes bastet i can see your pretty kitty.. [Smile]

[Eek!]

[Big Grin]

quote:
quote:
Great examples Ayisha!

This lady is an older British lady but they now are doing very well. Their business supports many many families and they certainly help out many many more needy families apart from those that work for them. Both wives are great friends and the children have 2 mums who they love the same. The English wife has made sure all the children are fluent in English and is making sure they get the chance of uni too, in fact the 2 elder ones are at Uni already and inshaAllah the next one will be soon. She loves them like her own and they all live in the same house too. This family is an exception I know, but a great one and a wonderful example to us all.
She sure is unique!

Some people would do what she did as good Samaritans. But as a second wife, that is amazing!

Posted by Sashyra8 (Member # 14488) on :

quote:
Originally posted by advocate:
i'm sorry but I couldn't bring myself to ask any man for anything, especially for money for me to come and see him. [Embarrassed]

My opinion although aknowledge not shared by all.

I think the same as you,Advocate,

Even if the guy lives in what is called a nice place in Cairo,what could be considered "good" salary there is only by Egypt standards that is wayyyy,wayyyy different than Western standards.
To rephrase is:"good" earnings or salary in Egypt is less than the minimum wage for us in America or Europe. [Roll Eyes]

<If I were dating a western man of lower income than me, I would suggest we go dutch, I would suggest that in any case, regardless of income, as it would not be something you would discuss when first getting to know each other would you?>

My ex-husband,European by the way,earned less than me and we always used to share living costs on everything.But then,we are both Western and i know this is not the same as Egyptian way of thinking.

<I know this has increased since then but the salaries here are still nothing like those in the west.>

Ayisha,your statement reminds me of an Egyptian friend i had who wanting to impress me
[Roll Eyes] showed me the villa he was gonna buy,including the price.What the silly soul was not aware of is that what he considered a waaahoooo,top class house cost the same as my medium class level flat in the middle of my capital city. [Big Grin]

quote:
Can you see mine??! MEOW [Big Grin]

Love this graphic,Bastet!!!

Posted by kentuckygirl9 (Member # 9949) on :

Do these men have Id cards that show whether they are married or not? If so, get him to show you his ID card. Find out how to read it first ofcourse or have another egyptian friend read it.Atleast you will know if he is married or not. Your not that much older than him really in age. I hope it works out for the best.

quote:
Originally posted by kentuckygirl9:
Do these men have Id cards that show whether they are married or not? If so, get him to show you his ID card. Find out how to read it first ofcourse or have another egyptian friend read it.Atleast you will know if he is married or not. Your not that much older than him really in age. I hope it works out for the best.

It does show the marital status on the ID card, but some of the guys here have more than one ID card; even some of those who are not scammers. Sadly that's not a foolproof way of checking anything.

Posted by happybunny (Member # 14224) on :

LS quoted-

quote:
but I am no trog
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] I haven't heard that word in years! I love it LS [Big Grin]

Back on topic - Great advice here LS, i to think if you are able to, spend a couple of months in Egypt, not just Sharm but back in Cairo and meet his family (there will probably be around 100 [Big Grin] ) and then see how you feel!

Ayisha quote -

quote:
There are many other ways to 'test' him but asking for air fare is not one. If he expects you to pay for everything once you are there and wont even put his hand in his pocket for a taxi, and takes you to fancy places expecting you to pay, then hes on the make simple as that. If he takes you to some grotty looking Egyptian eating place for the best chicken in Luxor, and pays himself, then maybe hes ok
Great example Ayisha!!

Take care all [Wink]

hahahah I love that word, its sums up such a good mental picture.

When are you planning on returning LS?

Posted by elizabethN (Member # 14096) on :

not many of us posts our pic here and if you have been reading for sometime you would know why.
Believe me when I say, their are many pretty women here on this site who are not trogs. Is that like a frog??? Sorry I am american. I can say also I am sure many have been hit on by younger men also, you are not the only one. In the U.S we call them MILF's. Mothers i'd like to ****. You don't need to sell us on what you look like or how young you think you look. That makes no difference whether this guy is sincere or not.
The fact that he's how old? and never been married? Has been with many girls also? Listen also to his friends remarks. If they are saying something negative that is not a good sign.

I know i could be flamed for this,but after reading again your story,Little Sparrow,i have to wonder,why on Earth does a financially succesfull,atractive woman like you would need to enter in a relationship with prospects of marriage with a hotel boy without any future whatsoever????
It`s very well known to us females that this handsome guys are really sweet talkers,but think again,please.
You say that you met him while staying at none other than the Four Seasons Hotel.On any country this chain features as one of the most expensive resorts hotels,so this just adds more $$$ target interest on you. [Wink]

Posted by Makbeta (Member # 14401) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Sashyra8:
I know i could be flamed for this,but after reading again your story,Little Sparrow,i have to wonder,why on Earth does a financially succesfull,atractive woman like you would need to enter in a relationship with prospects of marriage with a hotel boy without any future whatsoever????
It`s very well known to us females that this handsome guys are really sweet talkers,but think again,please.
You say that you met him while staying at none other than the Four Seasons Hotel.On any country this chain features as one of the most expensive resorts hotels,so this just adds more $$$ target interest on you. [Wink]

Sash, don't you know that love is BLIND? [Wink]
When we are head over heels we tend not to think rationally. But when the 'honeymoon' period is over, when we no longer view the person by our side through the rose-coloured glasses - then we experience the so called rude awakening. Sometimes it's benign, sometimes it's veeeery harsh.

But in the initial stages we almost always idealise the other person - even project some mental image we've created of him/her. It may be often on a subconscious level.

Ok.. sorry if i sounded like I was trying to sell myself.. I know I am not the prettiest youngest person etc. I think maybe I was trying to convince myself that I am not being used, was feeling a bit terrified after reading all the comments on here and other sites. Wow..blows your mind. But my brain is in gear now.. it did swirl into a bit of chasm back there for a while but I fished it out and popped it back in my head.

I realise that this guy has got my number where money is concerned,you cant miss it, from day one as it would have been absolutely blatantly obvious from where I was staying, what I was spending and what jewellery I was wearing etc etc. I know this.

Yes of course if you met someone that has lots of money you are going to be a bit chuffed... I know I would be, if I met a gorg guy and he loved the pants of me and I love the pants of him, and it turned out he was a billionare, I would think whey hey, hit jackpot here....this I dont mind if Mr Egypt Waiter is thinking this way.. it doesnt bother me at all, I am totally used to staving off people who try to take advantage of me for money,and this is in england, so no egyptian man is going to be any different..... love isnt that blind.

My assets are nailed down tight, untouchable and even if they werent I certainly wouldnt be giving any large cash amounts to some guy I met in November... hehehe. Also, I made this quite clear to him from beginning, I like a man to be a man, not a puppy, he would need to take care of himself and get a proper job, he is trained in accountancy so he will go back to Cairo to do this. I dont need taking care of, I like it when someone wants to though, its nice.. but I dont need it.

Usually and unconditionally I would never get involved with a guy this quick on a whim, I am not a stupid person.

I pride myself on knowing what men are like and am usually the person giving advice to others so far this guy handled himself well,(yes I know they are bloody good liars, but so am I) he is intelligent, doesnt act the fool, even in an arguement he is cool and collected, he hasnt put a foot wrong apart from oggling the belly dancer when we went to Fantasia. but hey, he is a guy.

My expectations are the same for this guy as a guy in england.If it is all pretence then I will put him in stage school and get him into acting.. make some money off of him. [Smile]

As for why I would pick a pool waiter...he feels like my equal, he speaks to me as an equal, doesnt give me all the sucky crap that I hear from the other guys.

I belly laugh with this guy, to point that I cant breath, no one has made me laugh that much ever.

Its the best sex I have ever had. Ohhhhhh maybe thats what it is about him..hahahah !!!! I just had an epiphany!! Its pure unadulterated lust!! I think I would pay him to come over just for that.

He has the most gorgeous eyes and great body, plus I fit nicely under his strong arm and most importantly he helps me cross the road.. something I am crap at.. I mean you cant fault someone that stops you getting run over heheh! eh?

He didnt give me all the bull that blokes from any country come out with to me,he hasnt tried to impress me, and hasnt told me he is poor, hasnt said or done anything that any red flags have been raised and I think from what you lot say he has told me the truth. Even when it isnt so good. This guy is classy,and that takes a lot for me to say....well, apart from a stupid cheesy grin that he applies every time a camera comes out.

Tell you what, say if I did marry this guy bring him over here, just enjoyed him while it was good, if it didnt work out, I could always send him back for a refund hehehe.

After reading the replies on here and gaining as much info as possible I have decided to give the guy the benefit of the doubt,I will give him some trust, thats what we usually do in a relationship is it not? If he does anything untoward then he will be gone..."I kill him!!" heheh

So, I will keep you lot posted on how its going, going back out to lovely warm Sharm, 25 March, or somewhere round there thats next time he gets off for week, (walking like john wayne when i return..heheh) popping over to Cairo for few days to go see pyramids and meet his brother and sisters. Will be an experience.. *gulp* anyone come and teach me egyptian very quickly???

Life is for living and experience, so grab all you can, you wont get a second chance, unless of course you are buddhist.

oh and by the way, have taken pic off now, still dont understand why you dont put pics on... sorry dont get it but I like to conform.

[quote[
its the best sex I have ever had. Ohhhhhh maybe thats what it is about him..hahahah !!!! I just had an epiphany!! Its pure unadulterated lust!! I think I would pay him to come over just for that.
[/quote]

Little Sparrow, you seem to know exactly what you need, and what you are about to get yourself into.
So have a great time!

I just hope you don't come back here criticizing and bashing all Egyptian men for abusing foreign women [Wink]
Enjoy!

Regarding pictures it is not a good idea to put a pic on the net, when we know many can use it, and abuse it. That is all!

Ha ha ha, I bash all men anyway [Wink]

<yes I know they are bloody good liars>
I kinda like this line.....looollll!

[Big Grin]

so you met him for the first time and had sex with him? Not good, not good.
I am starting to figure out what these tourist's areas are like. Doesn't anyone that scews a man who has been with several women know Egypt is not exempt from herpes (commen) and other deseases?

Oh wow, you do not know about condoms??

I cant believe anyone would assume that one wouldnt use full protection in this day and age...how daft!!

I didnt sleep with him the first time I met him, not sure where that notion has come from, but if I had it would have been my adult choice...I met him in early November, spent a lot of time with him, then have been out to egypt since.

And as for this reasoning that he has had many sexual partners because I said he has had a few girl friends, how does this come about? Do you sleep with every guy you are friends with? He has had 1 sexual partner.. who he lost his virginity too (gutted cos it wasnt me btw) and that was probably 3 or so months before we met. Now, I am pretty sure he isnt telling lies, but no one will ever know for sure, english, egyptian, ukranian... you only have there word.... hence you take precautions and use a condom. Well I did.

Last time, I came back about a week ago, we slept together... I apologise (to all those of delicate sensibilities if this is too soon for you), but hey I am a big growed up girl, and guess what, shock horror, I am not a virgin... OH NOOOO!!! I am going to cry with the shock of that revelation.

condoms do not protect you from many different deseases.
You mentioned he had several girlfriends and you also mentioned his friend said he was naughty right?
Someone correct me if I am wrong. Is this normal for egyptian men to have girlfriends and sleep around?
Sure you are a grown adult but some middle easterns will view you not to nicely since you gave it up so easy. This is not English men, these are egyptian muslims who have a different out look on easy sex. Try crossing the legs a little bit more when you travel to Egypt and maybe you will find a man you won't have so many questions about.

Do you have a personal issue with me ElizabethN, do I smell of body odour, have I done something to offend you in anyway because you seem to be picking at everything I am saying for the last few posts. Seriously, if I have offended you, I apologise.

It sounds a bit like you refer to me as a bit of a silly easy lay? Forgive me if I am reading this wrongly.

I am very aware that muslim men respect virginity highly, and that to sleep with him after 3 and half months is probably too quick but I dare say I am not alone in this, and probably quite slow. Whatever he chooses to think of me after this is his choice but ultimately it is a decision made by two consenting adults without judgement from someone else on ones own morals, muslim or christian.

You take a risk when you have sexual intercourse with anyone, and its more than just a sexually transmitted disease risk, but if you take precautions and be very sensible then this is all you can do. This is actually the third person in my life I have slept with, and this is the first time I have had sexual intercourse out of wedlock. But really, I dont regret it, if I never see this guy again, it was wonderful and a memory I will keep till I die.

Condoms are bloody good these days, Lizzy, and they come in all shapes and sizes, honestly you should give them a go they really do stop most diseases but really thanks for your concern for my health. I appreciate it.

And as a new member to this forum,this being my first post for some advice, I would like to say thankyou for the huge welcome ElizabethN, I only hope you are more hospitable and kind in real life than you appear to be on this forum.

I seriously dont think that I deserved to be insinuated as easy because you ordain it so and I certainly dont deserve to be judged by you.

There is only one Judge and he isnt on this forum.

But once again thank you for your kind words and generous welcome.

quote:

There is only one Judge and he isnt on this forum.

Are you sure about that???? [Big Grin]

well unless its Lizzy

HIV Highly effective protection
Gonorrhea Medium to high effectiveness
Chlamydia Medium to high effectiveness
Trichomoniasis Medium to high effectiveness
Herpes Low effectiveness
Syphilis Low effectiveness
Chancroid Low effectiveness
HPV – Human Papillomavirus (warts) Low effectiveness, but does reduce risk of cervical cancer associated with HPV

Don't need to use condoms I am married. Yea, to be honest? It does bother me a little when I hear these stories of women traveling to Egypt and bragging about the sex and how they can't walk afterwards. Please remember this is a public forum for everyone to read.

quote:
[quote[
its the best sex I have ever had. Ohhhhhh maybe thats what it is about him..hahahah !!!! I just had an epiphany!! Its pure unadulterated lust!! I think I would pay him to come over just for that.

Little Sparrow, you seem to know exactly what you need, and what you are about to get yourself into.
So have a great time!

You would pay him? I can see how much respect you have for this guy.

I just hope you don't come back here criticizing and bashing all Egyptian men for abusing foreign women [Wink]
Enjoy!

Regarding pictures it is not a good idea to put a pic on the net, when we know many can use it, and abuse it. That is all!
[/QUOTE]

I have already apologised for any offence caused to you... I wasnt actually bragging, I was giving a compliment along side an explanation and humour. The john wayne comment is an old adage, not meant to cause offence.

I have to apologise to you once again, you were obviously a virgin when you married and so was he, my remarks must have been difficult for you to stomach... perhaps it was inappropriate.

I hope you accept my apology for the remarks regarding sex.. but I have to ask why you started picking on me previous to me saying this?

Quote:

not many of us posts our pic here and if you have been reading for sometime you would know why.
Believe me when I say, their are many pretty women here on this site who are not trogs. Is that like a frog??? Sorry I am american. I can say also I am sure many have been hit on by younger men also, you are not the only one. In the U.S we call them MILF's. Mothers i'd like to ****. You don't need to sell us on what you look like or how young you think you look. That makes no difference whether this guy is sincere or not.
The fact that he's how old? and never been married? Has been with many girls also? Listen also to his friends remarks. If they are saying something negative that is not a good sign.

This is not very polite, it has very nasty undertones. You are quite crude really in the nature of your words. It feels like a very judgmental person is behind this post, perhaps someone slightly insecure at times.

I meant no offence and I thank everyone for the advice, forgive me please if my reference to sex was not appropriate, it was supposed to be funny.

And Lizzy, seriously thankyou for the update on how inefficient condoms are, I hope you never find yourself in a situation where you need to use them cos boy you are gonna worry [Wink]

hmmmm... ok.... now you are picking on jokes that are obviously not meant (of course I wouldnt pay for sex, strange girl.... IT...WAS....A.... JOKE.... you know humour!!

maybe they should stack humour alongside the condoms for you.

getting lower and lower, what are you trying to achieve..

Hey lizzy, is it ok if i add you to my buddy list?

Posted by Miss Sharm (Member # 12405) on :

Little Sparrow - Welcome to the wonderful world of ES [Smile] I hope that everything goes well for you with your new love. I am sure that you have realised by now that when us english girls are so open about our experiences that it is not liked by certain members on here. Don't let this put you off from posting and being in this 'one big happy family' [Smile]

Take care, Amanda x x

yea I find your low class humor so amusing. Sorry, none of my friends are ho's I choose to have respectable friends who don't brag about their sex life and how their legs hurt from romping in the sac.
Your first post about how wonderful you look for your age and how at 40 you are not a trog. By the way good thing you took down the pic, your face kinda looked like Michael Jackson who mated with a racoon.

and now we see the real you... its a shame really.. I havent seen your picture but I know you are ugly inside.

What happened to you... are you just not happy with yourself that you have to bitch to others and call them 'ho's' by the way a ho here is a gardening utensil, we dont use that low class slang.

But seriously, is this something I can help with, if you need money to change your appearance just give me a shout, I will happily help as long as it doesnt go over 500,000 ENGLISH POUNDS...there is only so much one can do.

pm me buddy, i look forward to it.

i await your reply with baited breath, havent had so much fun in ages. [Smile] We must be bored hahah

so easy with your money throwing it around. No wonder how you got the pool boy to f you.
I'm just calling it as I see it. You don't like to hear the truth to bad, so sad. You say you will pay him to sleep with you? You are pathetic I sware. You have no respect for this man or yourself. Hope he double bags it with you.

you do not recognise humour or sarcasm or a play on words do you.

Let me spell it out, I was saying to you that you needed that much money to make your face better, I wasnt really (honestly now) going to give it to you, so dont get excited. I was being mean to you in response to you being mean to me but it was perhaps a little too vague for you to understand me. Once again I find myself apologising to you. But I have to say, that was a pretty good answer for someone that didnt understand the underlying sarcasm in what I was saying, so really well done. *pat on the back*

Its a little bit silly to say that a female would have to pay for a guy to sleep with them, dont you think, now come on, you are scraping the barrel with insults here.. I am rubber you are glue... you HO... come on now.. you can do better.

Really though, a gold star for effort

and u have to be a bit quicker, or i am not going to play anymore... I hate waiting and you cant just call me names, its boring, no offence.

sorry what does double bag it mean?

anyone???

wow what a classy mature women you are. Hopefully he saw right through you when he met you. You look cheap. Love the hair style, you look like a sheep dog. And the make-up? Don't you know wearing to much black around the eyes makes you look old. Perhaps some classes on make-up application and a good hairdresser might help with all the money you have. By the way, do you go by the name of Josette also? Just wondered.
You two sound familiar.

yep your right hun... thankyou for your ultimate honesty.. I am just a silly middle age lady that has money but is looking for love in all the wrong places and will ultimately be used for money by this egyptian man..etc. I will cut down on the black eyeliner, you are right, and I suppose I should cut my hair, I have to say I dont think I look like Michael Jackson tho, maybe a racoon but not Micheal!! hhehehe

Thankyou for being so honest, and I seriously apologise if I offended anyone here..(not just my mate Liz) with the sex comments, they were supposed to be funny, I do have a bit of sick sense of humour but I am not cheap and nasty.

ElizabethN was nice to speak to you.. seriously.

wont be replying on the forum anymore but it was an experience

you own a jewellery company? Then shouldn't you know how to spell the word?
LMAO [Razz]

wow the word doesnt even look right to me anymore, the company is actually a diamond mounting company.. making the things that precious stones go into..

quote:
Originally posted by Makbeta:
quote:

Sash, don't you know that love is BLIND? [Wink]

Seems to me that in many cases it is deaf, dumb AND blind. [Roll Eyes]

Posted by ExptinCAI (Member # 1439) on :

quote:
Ok.. sorry if i sounded like I was trying to sell myself.. I know I am not the prettiest youngest person etc. I think maybe I was trying to convince myself that I am not being used, was feeling a bit terrified after reading all the comments on here and other sites. Wow..blows your mind. But my brain is in gear now.. it did swirl into a bit of chasm back there for a while but I fished it out and popped it back in my head.

I realise that this guy has got my number where money is concerned,you cant miss it, from day one as it would have been absolutely blatantly obvious from where I was staying, what I was spending and what jewellery I was wearing etc etc. I know this.

Yes of course if you met someone that has lots of money you are going to be a bit chuffed... I know I would be, if I met a gorg guy and he loved the pants of me and I love the pants of him, and it turned out he was a billionare, I would think whey hey, hit jackpot here....this I dont mind if Mr Egypt Waiter is thinking this way.. it doesnt bother me at all, I am totally used to staving off people who try to take advantage of me for money,and this is in england, so no egyptian man is going to be any different..... love isnt that blind.

My assets are nailed down tight, untouchable and even if they werent I certainly wouldnt be giving any large cash amounts to some guy I met in November... hehehe. Also, I made this quite clear to him from beginning, I like a man to be a man, not a puppy, he would need to take care of himself and get a proper job, he is trained in accountancy so he will go back to Cairo to do this. I dont need taking care of, I like it when someone wants to though, its nice.. but I dont need it.

Usually and unconditionally I would never get involved with a guy this quick on a whim, I am not a stupid person.

I pride myself on knowing what men are like and am usually the person giving advice to others so far this guy handled himself well,(yes I know they are bloody good liars, but so am I) he is intelligent, doesnt act the fool, even in an arguement he is cool and collected, he hasnt put a foot wrong apart from oggling the belly dancer when we went to Fantasia. but hey, he is a guy.

My expectations are the same for this guy as a guy in england.If it is all pretence then I will put him in stage school and get him into acting.. make some money off of him. [Smile]

As for why I would pick a pool waiter...he feels like my equal, he speaks to me as an equal, doesnt give me all the sucky crap that I hear from the other guys.

I belly laugh with this guy, to point that I cant breath, no one has made me laugh that much ever.

Its the best sex I have ever had. Ohhhhhh maybe thats what it is about him..hahahah !!!! I just had an epiphany!! Its pure unadulterated lust!! I think I would pay him to come over just for that.

He has the most gorgeous eyes and great body, plus I fit nicely under his strong arm and most importantly he helps me cross the road.. something I am crap at.. I mean you cant fault someone that stops you getting run over heheh! eh?

He didnt give me all the bull that blokes from any country come out with to me,he hasnt tried to impress me, and hasnt told me he is poor, hasnt said or done anything that any red flags have been raised and I think from what you lot say he has told me the truth. Even when it isnt so good. This guy is classy,and that takes a lot for me to say....well, apart from a stupid cheesy grin that he applies every time a camera comes out.

Tell you what, say if I did marry this guy bring him over here, just enjoyed him while it was good, if it didnt work out, I could always send him back for a refund hehehe.

After reading the replies on here and gaining as much info as possible I have decided to give the guy the benefit of the doubt,I will give him some trust, thats what we usually do in a relationship is it not? If he does anything untoward then he will be gone..."I kill him!!" heheh

So, I will keep you lot posted on how its going, going back out to lovely warm Sharm, 25 March, or somewhere round there thats next time he gets off for week, (walking like john wayne when i return..heheh) popping over to Cairo for few days to go see pyramids and meet his brother and sisters. Will be an experience.. *gulp* anyone come and teach me egyptian very quickly???

Life is for living and experience, so grab all you can, you wont get a second chance, unless of course you are buddhist.

oh and by the way, have taken pic off now, still dont understand why you dont put pics on... sorry dont get it but I like to conform.

LS - I didn't read the rest of the post, after this entry as it seemed to disintegrate. You're not going to want to hear this, but your story is a classic stereotype that would get eyeballs rolling around the old workplace water cooler, asking just why intelligent, beautiful, well-off women from abroad fall for the meaningless, sugary words of a pretty-face egyptian gigallo.

Here are the red flags you requested, based on your story:

1. you are married and having relations with other men. in his mind, this puts you into a category. he will not feel guilty taking you for a ride, given what he stereotypes you as. decent women wait until they are divorced. they do not go spend their about-to-be-ex husband's money on vacations and have relations with hotel staff. IF they have relations, it's with people of their own (as egyptians would say) "social class". I presume you are not a waitress in the UK. Also, your financial status may be the result of your own talent and sweat, but that's not the way it will be perceived by a waiter working at a resort hotel.

2. you've described the charm, the sweet words, the "protective" way he treats you...sadly, all red flags. please read more posts and adhere to the old saying on here "lose your heart or you wallet but not both."

3. you won't listen to any of this, get defensive, and probably dismiss it with "you don't know us"
please keep in mind you've invited strangers to comment on your personal life and i mean you absolutely no harm. in fact, i really truly hope all this will result in a slightly bruised heart and you walk away a stronger woman, not falling for a well-practiced resort routine.

all the best.

ps. keep your hat on. i swear, it must be the sun that clouds your judgment once you step off that plane... :-)

actually you are so very wrong, I have listened to all that has been said, I would not have asked for strangers opinions for no apparent reason.

I have actually worked for myself in the joint company and not just relied on my ex husband, I dont use his money, I use my own.

I have dumped the guy this evening.

I am glad I came here, it has stopped me being too much of an idiot.. but I am very tired at this point.

But it could have been worse, totally my own fault though.

Ah well c'est la vie

Posted by Makbeta (Member # 14401) on :

"a well-practised resort routine"

A well-formulated remark.

Posted by ExptinCAI (Member # 1439) on :

then, you differ from most who post here in your situation and you are to be commended.

you were faced with a very ugly perspective on what was to you a very beautiful and magical holiday romance. most people prefer to retain their illusion and post on here in hopes to fuel that perspective.

i wish you all the best.

quote:
actually you are so very wrong, I have listened to all that has been said, I would not have asked for strangers opinions for no apparent reason.

I have actually worked for myself in the joint company and not just relied on my ex husband, I dont use his money, I use my own.

I have dumped the guy this evening.

I am glad I came here, it has stopped me being too much of an idiot.. but I am very tired at this point.

But it could have been worse, totally my own fault though.

Ah well c'est la vie

In only 48 hours you've asked advice because you were afraid to get used because of the money, you've made no secret of the fact that you were, or at least wanted us to think you were, rich, placed your picture that should confrim you were goodlooking, chanced your mind to give the man a chance because of the good sex [Confused] ,publishing you would share all your expierences about it on this public board, and 3 or 4 hours later you're saying you've dumped him.... [Confused] [Confused]
Do you mind if I say that I don't believe one single word of all what you've said here?
And maybe for the other members that like to hear my opinion: tomorrow, or the day after tomorrow, there will be another incredible story about another doubting woman somewhere out of the UK or US. She will change her mind as fast as we are changing shoes. She will ask for advice and in no time she will understand it all and dump the man.
Incredible story number that much, as there are numerous stories to read here....
It isn't strange that I'm beginning to think this board is alive by ghost-writers...

Give the lady a break! She came to seek advice, alot of women go to egypt and are unaware of the 'using men' there. I don't think for one minute that this women put her picture up to show she is beautiful, how can you say that, that is just S**T. There are many people here that choose to put their photos up of themseleves or some even put up pictures of their beautiful men, are they the same.

Betty, again why do you HAVE to be so nasty? You don't know this women at all. You have friends here that are marrying egyptain men, did you ask them when they slept with their men? Would it of been different if this woman came here and said she had married him after 2 holidays? Come on people, i am not saying everyone be sweet and sugar coat this. Yes give advice about what she should do, seen as though she came here asking for some but why be so rude?

Hey sparrow, i am glad you enjoyed yourself, just take care and keep your eyes wide open.

I wish you all the best!

You may believe her, I do not...
Nothing wrong with that, isn't it? I'm not insulting her, I just say I don't believe this story.period.

HP - you crack me up seriously. Keep your opinions to yourself cause frankly I don't give a **** what you have to say. Who's talkin to ya?

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Confused] [Confused]

Here we go again [Eek!]

well guess some people should mind their own business and not dictate what other people should say or comment.
I am just responding to what she wrote. So has the others here and we are all saying pretty much the same thing. Goes to egypt, hooks up with a pool boy, screws him and brags about the sex here, think it's ok cause she "looks" younger and has money, even say she would pay him for the sex,
and says it's all ok cause she uses condoms. Ow, and isn't even divored yet. Guess maybe you want to her new best friend now?

Posted by Vader (Member # 14189) on :

*cough* irony *cough*

Look i am not going to get into another arguement with you!

BettyN Quoted -

Keep your opinions to yourself cause frankly I don't give a **** what you have to say. Who's talkin to ya?

So betty i have got it now. YOU can have an opinion but noone can, IF they disagree with you.

You are full of such hatred are you sure your husband is not Sands?

I will not argue with you anymore.

Take care all
[Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Anyone with half a brain can tell that some parts of her post she is joking.

????? I did not mean you were rude. I totally understand why you may think this post is not real and maybe it isn't but maybe it is [Big Grin]

Posted by Sparkle16 (Member # 13047) on :

LS - I read this whole section and really what do you care what a bunch of strangers think of your lifestyle and your situation. If you are 41 and you feel that there was something there that that is probably true. I don't take offense to anything you said but "who gives a ** what anybody on this site thinks. I can't believe you ended the relationship. I would have given it a chance - you would have had a good time or else you would have found out he is not such a lovely guy. Either way you are going into it with your eyes open and Heh life is all about experience. Follow your own counsel...don't raise to the bait from a bunch of strangers that really don't know what is happening. Only you know for sure.....Good luck!

Vader you have something to say then say it. Otherwise keep busy doing what your good at. Wacking off! *cough* irony *cough*

HB - why do you always have to stick your one cent into everything? Listen to me and listen really good cause I won't repeat myself. I don't give a care what you think about my posts or how you perceive my view. Seriously. It doesn't surprise me you would defend a classless girl who goes on vacation, flaunts her money and has sex with men in a middle eastern country. You go girl! Let's spread more deseases in the world.

Posted by steeledge (Member # 14774) on :

mean people suck

Seriously guys, I get it, you have no need to rip me apart anymore, go and live your lives hehehe... I cant say or do anything right on here so I give up.

trust me its not that important to any of your lives just mine...I came for advice, thats what I got.. I put my trust in strangers and to be honest I shouldnt have expected more than this. I dont know why I keep looking for the good in people, I really am stupid and naive.

To all the nice people out there.. good luck and chins up.. to all the meanies... heheheh .. well I think you know.

Try having a little generousity in your hearts to others, treat them as you would want to be treated...I still keep trying but get a good kick in the face but I will still keep looking for the good in people.

bye from raccoon eyes )

quote:
Originally posted by elizabethN:
Vader you have something to say then say it.

I'll give you a hint.

quote:
well guess some people should not dictate what other people should say or comment.

quote:
Keep your opinions to yourself

Posted by MrsCoconut (Member # 14823) on :

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Penny:
as the VISA hunter will happily pay up in Egypt if he thinks there is a chance of getting to a European country.

spot on as ever penny!
My husband payed for his Visa and airfare he is with me still after 3 nearely coming to 4years and im older he was not a hunter surely this cannot apply to every one .

we all know how egyptian muslim men view women who has sex with them before marriage. Especially if it's casual sex without plans for marriage. Stop talking out of your ass HB and face the fact that what I said was true and you know it. My friends here did not screw their man under this type of situation and I resent the fact that you would even say that about them. Shows your ignorance, really.

My ignorance you prat, you are the biggest, fattest, oldest most ugliest ingnorant she-women on here.

You have a husband of 17 months that you actually have spent 2 months with and you know everything about him! BS

You own a $1.5 million mansion, 2008 bmw and have your own business - but spend morning, noon and night on ES. Complaining you don't have money for your poor step son airticket. BS

You have an egyptain husband - but call egyptains Sand - N***ers. BS

You have a egyptain step son but refer to his home land as "mudd, concrete village playing in the dirt with no chance of college or a open future for himself". Like you are really do him a favour!

I have to ask myself " what on earth would your husband see in you" Then i remember that this is a man who puts the phone down on you on valentines day because he WANTS to leave his poor son in egypt because he can't be bothered to wait the 2 weeks for the his flight money. Yeah nice Guy.

Well they say like attracts like!

You post on another thread about my photo and i am ugly? You are so funny, i have no photo on here at all [Smile] but hey who cares! You also post i'm in an unhappy marriage - WTF! BS I am sorry to dissapoint you but i am VERY happy.

For your 'friends' I did not say that they Sha**ed their men, What i did say was this poster didn't say she slept with her man straight away, do you ask your friends when they slept with men - no of course not. How you even have friends on here is a wonder, when they hear you speak of Egypt and its people in this horrible manner! I wonder if their husbands would like to be known as Sand N***ers by you!

You know betty my motto is 'If you nothing good to say, don't bother' - with you i do make an exception.

You betty your motto is 'I am full of Bu*****t, i talk Bu*****t i give everyone Bu*****t!

When did you say your hubby is coming? you said when he came you wouldn't be here anymore right? Well i wish he would hurry up so you can take your ignorant, old fat arse off!

[Eek!] [Eek!] [Big Grin]

quote:
Originally posted by happybunny:
My ignorance you prat, you are the biggest, fattest, oldest most ugliest ingnorant she-women on here.

Do you know of any others ?

Was going to say Smelliest but i had enough:D

Posted by JinJin (Member # 14821) on :

Maybe I am old fashioned when it comes to men, but I can't understand these women paying for their visits to Egypt. MEN should be the ones to pay for the trip and all the extra expenses.

A guy may look good and have all the sweet words, but at the end of the day, can love last when you end up living in poverty ?

Perhaps I am set in my ways, but I just could not imagine being with someone who is not educated and earning a good living.

On top of all this, most foreign women visiting here just don't understand the culture. To be spending time alone with a guy, paying for a hotel room for him etc, is not acceptable behavior.

Most of the time it is just ignorance, JinJin, and it is a result of being brought up in another culture. Just like you are saying that you can't understand why women are paying for their visits, they don't understand why somebody else should pay for that. After all, they are doing this out of their own free will, nobody is forcing them to buy a ticket to Egypt...

What they forget, is the way their boyfriends are thinking. Of course they will not tell them how they think in real, and play the game with them. They wouldn't even mention that it is considered as unacceptable behaviour in real, they would throw in their own windows by that!

And perhaps there are enough men already so much westernised that they've started to think in another way. Often I've heard about such men that they wouldn't be able to live in no-touristic area's anymore. They have tasted from a very different culture, and it has influenced them. It's the same as immigrants who have lived abroad for a long time. It's very difficult to feel like they fit into their own culture again, after so many years.

I've heard stories about that. They are a foreigner in their new country, but they also are a foreigner in their own.

And that differences can look trivial to many of us, but they can have big results. Something innocent as walking with children in the park; it is something very small, but I'll show you the differences. Imagine I should take children for a walk in the park. Nobody should consider this as strange in my society. So, we are walking, the children are playing, and there are other people there, also walking, and looking to the playing children. We greet each other, unless we don't know the other, just out of polightness. The wheater is good, people are smiling, making little conversations and in the meanwhile the children are playing.

In cairo something like this should be impossible! First of all, a woman should never go to the park without a man. Second, a woman would never say goodmorning to a strange man.
She wouldn't be able to make little conversations, the man might perhaps think that she was into something unaccepted....

Here it is perfectly normal, it happens all the time and it has no bad meaning at all. In Cairo it is impossible and would considered as unaccepted behaviour...

actually scared to post on here now... due to fat trolls under the bridge, but honestly that reply was like a breath of fresh air HB... I am framing it.

And no doubt for even breathing I will get flamed from Lizzy.. but just wanted to let you know.. its a shame that someone can push a placid nice person this far and make someone say things that they wouldnt normally say.. it is against my nature to be mean, but I got pulled in too.

Still, well deserved and maybe when Lizzy leaves there will be more people posting on here cos she is scary as hell.

well well, one whore defending another. I will not say more. HB come on now, you can take and twist all the posts that turn you on, you sick jealous cow, while you sit at your computer on your fat ass lonely with no attention from your husband. Yes, I have seen your ugly mug being passed around here. You are a real dog.
You are a minipulating, unhappy bitch who cannot hide her jealousy. You just seem to trail after my posts and give your ignorant opinions.
As for you sparrow, looks like you found a gay lover also. Watch out, she likes girls!

Posted by tina kamal (Member # 13845) on :

quote:
well well, one whore defending another. I will not say more. HB come on now, you can take and twist all the posts that turn you on you sick jealous cow, while you sit at your computer on your fat ass, lonely with no attention from your husband. Yes, I have seen your ugly mug being passed around here. You are a real dog.
You are a minipulating, cunt.
As for you sparrow, looks like you found a gay lover also. Watch out, she likes girls!

betty is that u??i think u let someone open yr es account!!
sometimes yr super nice sometimes yr so mean!!!
which is it today ?just a question??

aww now happy bunny don't you ever know how to be nice and not attack people? So easy to bring out the true bitch that you are. Keep it coming I am laughing so hard.

quote:
Originally posted by JinJin:
Maybe I am old fashioned when it comes to men, but I can't understand these women paying for their visits to Egypt. MEN should be the ones to pay for the trip and all the extra expenses.

A guy may look good and have all the sweet words, but at the end of the day, can love last when you end up living in poverty ?

Perhaps I am set in my ways, but I just could not imagine being with someone who is not educated and earning a good living.

On top of all this, most foreign women visiting here just don't understand the culture. To be spending time alone with a guy, paying for a hotel room for him etc, is not acceptable behavior.

well yes you are so right but whores will be whores paying for everything they can just to get a piece of ass from a man using them because they are so deserate for sex.

Tina just calling the kettle black is all. Where have you been? Everything ok with you?

thank you to the men who will confirm what I have been saying all along. It's people like happy bunny that support these types of behaviors in Egypt and she is married supposely to a egyptian?
Guess she has no idea about the culture of her own man and children. SAD!

well i went to waterloo yesterday shoppin and went to eat popeyes!!way so good
then we hit the casino!!i so needed to get away for a day had fun!!!
now im back today and yal makin me wanna pee my pants yal are so damn fnny!!!!
especiall that lml she or he is a cock
opps crock hahahahah
i went to that cathrines store and their clothes was so ugly for fat women!!!!
lane bryant beats them all to hell!!!
i tell ya their clothes makes a woman wanna go naked!!!

sounds like you have been having some fun! Did you win at the casino?? I love the slot machines.
I can get addicted to them. Did you know the marriott in cairo has a casino? Just that egyptians cannot enter per the government.

wow
and hell no i didnt win like i have good luck hahahaha

Posted by yorkshire rose (Member # 12072) on :

AAwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww im sorry for you in, im the same, never have any luck at the casino.
I went to the marriot casino looking for work, but at the time there was none available. But i love the karaoke in Harrys bar.
Ok well i must say i think its not wise to brag about having sex with a guy on here. i would never give details about it, its personal and i think 15000 memeber ect are not interested.
I think iff you dont spread around here wht you have for egamle money, buisness ect its better too, alot of people are poor here and get sick of people rubbing there noses into it. they dont want to hear,
People are not seeing you as a better person for this talk.
I had nothing to offer my husband and he accepted me as i was, just me, hehehehh WE are not havin a easy time right now, but i know hes real, and i know hes not using me, i have no doubts.
I dont know wht to say about yours, i hope iff you make a go of it it will work, i dont like seeing people hurt, but be aware there is alot of snakes in the desert, thats iff you have made up with him.

quote:
Originally posted by yorkshire rose:
AAwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww im sorry for you in, im the same, never have any luck at the casino.
I went to the marriot casino looking for work, but at the time there was none available. But i love the karaoke in Harrys bar.
Ok well i must say i think its not wise to brag about having sex with a guy on here. i would never give details about it, its personal and i think 15000 memeber ect are not interested.
I think iff you dont spread around here wht you have for egamle money, buisness ect its better too, alot of people are poor here and get sick of people rubbing there noses into it. they dont want to hear,
People are not seeing you as a better person for this talk.
I had nothing to offer my husband and he accepted me as i was, just me, hehehehh WE are not havin a easy time right now, but i know hes real, and i know hes not using me, i have no doubts.
I dont know wht to say about yours, i hope iff you make a go of it it will work, i dont like seeing people hurt, but be aware there is alot of snakes in the desert, thats iff you have made up with him.

shoot i think i cant go with u to a casion we are both loosers hahah
u will make me more poor then i already am!!!
seriously if and when i get to egypt we must go!!too bad our men cant lol

have some people I know at the Marriott YR. One is the manager of the hotel. Let me know if you would like some assistance getting a job, I can email him or call him.

thanks betty very much,m well im in alex right now, so we have to give it a chance and then wll see where well get to next,
Thanks huni

betty quote

Yes, I have seen your ugly mug being passed around here. You are a real dog.

Blah, blah, blah how many people have you said this one to? 5/10 maybe - Tina, YR, tiger,CFW and many more. You are such a lonely old twisted loser betty. No-one knows what i look like and if i WERE ugly i would still be better than you.

What bothers me most is that you will bring up an Egyptain boy and you have so much hate for his country, i really feel sad for him.

So you being nice now to the others? Ahhh maybe you need a few more friends.

Thats it i'm off, i really do have better things in my life than read the things the likes of you have to offer. I came to ES to learn and read about Egypt and what i have done is get into an arguement with the likes of you. The problem here on ES is NO-ONE pulls you up on your behaviour and lets it go, you go around bullying others and being mean and not many say anything to you but send me PMs. If someone doesn't agree with what you have to say, you treat them like Sh*t and follow them onto the other posts. Thats it, i'm gone. Bye to the nice people here and good ridence to the likes of you.

Little sparrow, listen to the good advice here, SOME will be able to help you i'm sure. Just laugh at people like betty because damn sure as soon as her hubby gets to the USA he will be gone, thats one thing i know for sure!

Bye

such hatred for a women who is raising 3 small children. God help them is all I can say. Lonely? NO my life is enriched with wonderful friends and family, loser? successfully raised two beautiful smart girls at the same time running and managing my successful business.
So you were alone in defending some tramp who comes to Egypt to have casual sex with muslim men still married by the way. Perhaps changing your id to a bird name also might suite you as two birds of a feather flock together.
You come on here preaching how mean people are and look at you. Your are nasty just plain nasty.
Oww and now, shall we throw you a going away party cause you think anyone cares that your leaving for a second or third time now? Have to make a formal announcement? Perhaps a article in Newsweek might be more suited.
So your a fortune teller also? Can you really predict my future? Wow! Are you Silvia Brown?
You think your all that and a bag of chips don't ya! Byeeeeeeee Bunnie I will miss your wonderful compliments and all your great opinions.

Elizabeth, You said in another post you only behaved like you did because people had a go at you and you were defending yourself. Little Sparrow came on with her story and you felt the need to have a go. I agree talking about your sex life is wrong. We all make mistakes, she was just asking advice about the guy she had met. We should be here to help each other, with whatever advice we need. I would like to think if I need help I could come here

this is way to long of a thread about mute issues.
Don't know where you live, but honestly women that give themself so freely in a muslim country justs rubs me the wrong way.
No wonder they think this way about foreign women.
I used to wonder why but the more I read here I now understand why.
When you ask for advice be prepared to hear the pro's and con's not just what you want to hear.
I feel sorry for some of these men who get involved with these types of women that's all.
Wonder if he knows he screwed a married women. I am sure she wasn't honest with him. So sad!
So if you see me as "having a go" with her thats your opinion. Again, honesty can hurt but people need to hear it.

Ofcourse everyone is allowed their opinion that is what a forum is about. But you were very personal against her, that is always my problem here. Voice an opinion yes but don't get personal. I'm Scottish it says that at as my 'from'!.

again I was replying on what she wrote. Didn't make up anything. She opened herself up to get personal opinions here and some straight up facts.
I don't have to justify myself to you certainly or anyone else here.

I never said you had to justify yourself to me, why would you? I just wondered why you felt the need to personal insults, when you were obviously upset when others did the same to you?

I am not into argueing with another idiot. Seems a few of you get off on this, going on and on and on. Caio!

Posted by steeledge (Member # 14774) on :

I just wonder to you punch babies and kick puppies too?

quote:

Looks like you never used a condom.

quote:
Don't need to use condoms I am married.

Ah yes right you are married and married people NEVER cheat. [Roll Eyes] I wish it would be that simple.

Condoms - if used right - are the best protection agaist STDs. Only total abstinence is better, bettyN! [Razz]

quote:
Originally posted by young at heart:
Little Sparrow came on with her story and you felt the need to have a go. I agree talking about your sex life is wrong. We all make mistakes, she was just asking advice about the guy she had met. We should be here to help each other, with whatever advice we need. I would like to think if I need help I could come here

Why is it wrong talking about sex? Maybe I am agewise too far apart from other posting members but I don't have a problem talking about it - whether if its with friends or on an anonymous internet forum.

So she had sex with this guy, many other tourists do the very same thing, people have intimate contacts without hardly knowing each other incl. one-night-stands whether it's in Egypt or not.

And remember any kind of sexual contact in Egypt is considered 'haram' unless you are married to the other person. And 'orfi' marriage is definitely not to be considered a 'real marriage'. Really how many women are out there orfi-married or not and shagging an Egyptian man?

I just don't understand why people can't speak frankly on this forum and have to present themselves like angels just because out of fear to get judged by other readers.

Why not addressing sex incl. sex related problems on here? Why is it such a taboo??

Posted by lovingmylife (Member # 13695) on :

Little Sparrow,

What Elizabeth told you is true. You are in Islamic country and you sleep around with much younger man while married.

In short, according to Islam, you are prostituing yourself in Egypt. You pay for hotel room he sleeps with you.

Sex the way you had it with a man while married is called - adultery in Egypt.

Adultery = voluntary sexual intercourse between a married person and one who is not his or her spouse.

This ES message board unfortunatelly is full of women who have habits to sleep around.

I do not encourage prostitution.

Sleeping around in Egypt and pretending you are a good catch is ridiculous.

It's delusional.
Of course it won't last.

Tiger, I'm not saying people shouldnt discuss sex, but I think it's something you discuss with a close friend not on a forum unless that's what the forum is for. I think you'll find most people don't really need to know these things. You say we should be more open, well go ahead feel free to start the topic [Big Grin]

I think it was just the fact that she was braggin about it, i didnt like that part eithr, there is nothing wrong with a laugh about it though.

quote:
Originally posted by young at heart:
You say we should be more open, well go ahead feel free to start the topic [Big Grin]

Uhhh, you shouldn't have said that. [Big Grin] I start a poll but have to do so in the 'living in egypt' section! [Wink]

The common opinion about this might be negative against women, at the same time it is just as negative against the men. There is one who sells and one who buys. However, like we know the expression:'the receiver is as bad as the thief' and there would be no thiefs if there weren't any receivers, in common, people are a bit hypocrite in that. So, everybody who is not thinking far enough, is judging the woman in this, just like everywhere else.
And if you really would think deep enough, it all doesn't matter at all, as long as the two who are involved both agree in this and don't have any relationships that are hurted by their behaviour...

Posted by Mimmi (Member # 3606) on :

quote:
Originally posted by ?????:
The common opinion about this might be negative against women, at the same time it is just as negative against the men. There is one who sells and one who buys. However, like we know the expression:'the receiver is as bad as the thief' and there would be no thiefs if there weren't any receivers, in common, people are a bit hypocrite in that. So, everybody who is not thinking far enough, is judging the woman in this, just like everywhere else.
And if you really would think deep enough, it all doesn't matter at all, as long as the two who are involved both agree in this and don't have any relationships that are hurted by their behaviour...

Well said, I agree.
Lots og hypocrits around here.
I enjoy always your posting

quote:
I am not into argueing with another idiot. Seems a few of you get off on this, going on and on and on. Caio!

Caio ? What a classy take off. Learn proper spelling then try words from different languages.... [Smile]

Posted by With a name like Smuckers (Member # 10289) on :

I thought it was chow? [Confused]
[Razz]

quote:
The common opinion about this might be negative against women, at the same time it is just as negative against the men.

There is one who sells and one who buys.

True. The good example would be your husband.

He for example slept with another prettier and sexier woman while married to you.

I am not sure though who sold and who bought.

Well, LML, I don't understand why you are making such efforts in husbands from other women. As far as I've read, I'm the third one today that becomes victim of your unfettered desire to get private information about members, companioned with the most disgusting language.
وإلهكم إله ويجب ان يكون فخور بك

quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
I thought it was chow? [Confused]
[Razz]

No,the correct spelling is "ciao",an Italian word similar to "bye".It sometimes can be used as salutation,too. [Smile]

It`s pronounced in English as "chow",Smuckers.

^^^ Sash I was being sarcastic. [Razz]

[Big Grin] Land of confusion.

quote:

It`s such a relief to see you here again,Smuckers.Like a breath of fresh air,girl!!!
[Smile]

quote:
quote:

It`s such a relief to see you here again,Smuckers.Like a breath of fresh air,girl!!!
[Smile]

((hugs))

quote:

وإلهكم إله ويجب ان يكون فخور بك

Seriously, I don't believe HML knows how to read Arabic but I guess the Google translator could help.

quote:
Originally posted by Vader:
quote:

Caio ? What a classy take off. Learn proper spelling then try words from different languages.... [Smile]
Vader what a pitiful life you must have just reading over people's posts and correcting typo
errors.
Whats the matter? no one around to go on cam for you so you can wack off? Seriously you are so pathetic no wonder why you need a good ass kicking every once in a while.

quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
quote:

Looks like you never used a condom.

quote:
Don't need to use condoms I am married.

Ah yes right you are married and married people NEVER cheat. [Roll Eyes] I wish it would be that simple.

Condoms - if used right - are the best protection agaist STDs. Only total abstinence is better, bettyN! [Razz]

maybe in your world you have to worry about your man cheating, but not in mine.

Her husband actually since in military killing Muslims in Iraq highly likely sleeps with female soldier or perhpas even male.

Do you really believe that someone who is under so much pressure to be alive takes a shower naked and not have sex with young man next to him just to feel better? [Big Grin]

Then he comes home like nothing ever happened.

Sexually active men with high levels of testosetrone can't be long without sex. ( perhaps 3 days at max )

[Big Grin]

http://www.relisoft.com/Science/ui/shower.jpg

We can't see her husband and his soldier lover because they are on the floor. LOL! [Big Grin]

quote:

Well, bettyN, it's not me who picked up GONORRHEA in a *pool* in Benha but WOTEVER!! [Big Grin]

quote:
Originally posted by lovingmylife:
Her husband actually since in military killing Muslims in Iraq highly likely sleeps with female soldier or perhpas even male.

Do you really believe that someone who is under so much pressure to be alive takes a shower naked and not have sex with young man next to him just to feel better? [Big Grin]

Sexually active men with high levels of testosetrone can't be long without sex. ( perhaps 3 days at max )

Ohhhhh.... I got it!! The thought of naked male US soldiers in the shower is actually another turn-on for you! I am sure also Exiled is getting very aroused while reading your post! Good for him - he deserves it too!! [Razz]

huh? Tigerlily did you take your medications today? Getting a sexually transmitted desease from a swimming pool? Your even dumber then I ever imagined.

Posted by Expecto Patronum (Alchemist) (Member # 12318) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
quote:

Well, bettyN, it's not me who picked up GONORRHEA in a *pool* in Benha but WOTEVER!! [Big Grin]
I remember that thread. Was that her?? [Confused]

you can't get gonorrhea from a pool u stupid ass

Posted by Expecto Patronum (Alchemist) (Member # 12318) on :

Don't curse at me, I know you can't but I remember the thread that Tigerlily is talking about where someone claimed they had gotten it from the swimming pool instead of admitting the truth that they had gotten from their Egyptian SO, I just don't remember who said it.

I apologize but don't feed into the gossip queen.

Of course it was bettyN, early September last year. What a grand entrance on this forum! [Big Grin]

The thread was called 'Marrying in Egypt' and she quickly asked the mods to delete it!!

Here she gives a reference to her infection. That woman is so dumb! Nah nah hee hee!! [Big Grin]

elizabethN

Member # 14096

posted 07 February, 2008 02:40 PM

elizabethN

Member # 14096

posted 07 February, 2008 02:40 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MK where have you been? So nice to see you here.
Hey, didn't get any infection from the water in Cairo. Just Banha. LOL Heard the water in cairo is treated. Especially staying at the Mariott rather then some old apartment with old pipes.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 686 | From: nipomo california | Registered: Aug 2007 | IP: Logged |

Back then MK made an hilarious comment about Dr. Oetker - PRICELESS!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

their you go again, Ms gossip queen. why don't you get a job for the enquirer. As usual you get all your facts wrong you stupid pitiful ugly witch. Wouldn't it figure though since your husband is out killing innocent muslims and screwing their women, how ironic your on a egyptian site here.
you can't get gonorrhea from a pool u stupid ass
you are a real pity witch.

Well then you catched yourself chlamydia or something.... YUCK!! You tell me since you are the expert when it comes to STDs!! Disgusting!! [Embarrassed]

gossip gossip lies lies. Why are you so interested in my private parts? Sorry I will tell you once again, I am not a lesbian so keep your long witch nose out of my business and find some other cuzz for yourself.

God forbid [Eek!] ..... I am not fancying any vagina, not even a wrinkled one like you have (HML's statement [Big Grin] ). Obviously you have forgotten what happened to you in Banha and/or you simply don't want to admit it. But don't worry - we all know by now!! [Razz]

sure we all know now what a delusional, lying nosy biatch you are. sickoooooooo.

quote:
Originally posted by lovingmylife:

[Big Grin]

Oh dear were off again, girls come on now, make up.

ooo for **** sakes!!!
who cares who has what pr who hasnnt gottin somethin from some damn water!!!
keep yr choochies clean and ya will have no infecties hahahahahahah

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com