This is topic Despirate need of a friend in forum Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat at EgyptSearch Forums.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=007204

Posted by hmozachsown (Member # 14872) on :

I know this is probably the stupidest thing I have ever done... but I am really between a rock and a hard place... I am emotionally down and out and in sincere need of a friend. Gals I mean. I've been here for 5 months now and I am having a rough time. I hit a brick wall so to speak... and anyway...if there is anyone free, anyone who could do with a cup of coffee or something... please will you let me know... sooner the better...

With all due respect... I am a girl. Perhaps the first post didnt come across the right way, so let us try this again...
Good morning I am a girl who has moved to egypt 5 months ago, yes for the love of a gentleman. I have not managed to make any friends yet as he has been uncomfortable with me going out alone, I am having a very rough time of it the last few days and am in despirate need of a friend (girl of course seeing as I AM a girl). I am emotionally raw and despirately need someone to talk to. So if anyone is free and wouldnt mind company, would you please let me know?
Hopefully that clarified any misunderstandings about my gender or my intentions.

Posted by Cosmogirl (Member # 8748) on :

I will be your friend. I'm not there in Cairo, but seriously.. there are a gand of women on ES who are in Cairo.. and a healthy ex-pat community. You aren't alone, and you are certainly allowed to go outside alone. You did that before you moved there and nothing bad happened. It isn't the 1800's and seriously don't think that by acting submissive you are conforming to his social mores. Sign up for a class at the university, and GO TO IT. If its a problem of finances, go to the Embassy and ask if there are grants you can apply to pay for it, or put a sign out as an English tutor for young girls. Don't get stuck in your own head. Being a good wife doesn't mean being alone.

Posted by sara_uk (Member # 11454) on :

well said cosmogirl

Posted by tina kamal (Member # 13845) on :

hi i am tina and i am also not in cairo but if u need to talk i am here too...

Posted by dolphin redsea (Member # 11209) on :

I AM HERE FOR YOU TOO [Smile]

quote:
Originally posted by dolphin redsea:
I AM HERE FOR YOU TOO [Smile]

sweety yr there foreveryone...sometimes dont u feel like u take on too much and u need us to be there for u?????well u know i am if ya need me leave me a message i will so call u and talk when u need it..

on a side note where is tonya havent heard from her in a while???

I HAVENT TALKED TO HER , AND NEVER DID, BUT THANKS FOR BEING THERE, I TRULY NEED A FRIEND TODAY ALSO, MY HUSBAND ISNT HERE YET

awww sweety y is he so late????kick him into gear and tell him u need him home...chat in yahoo...

Posted by desertgirl (Member # 12450) on :

yes, why is he late, Micky?? Did he miss his plane???

he confirmed his flight wed and havent heard anything yet [Frown]

well alot of flights are cancelled cas of the weather he could be stranded somewhere with no money.. be patient and he will get home soon sweety.. DON'T WORRY YR HEART OUT... HE IS FINE I AM SURE...

Posted by Kalila* (Member # 14517) on :

dudes are yal deef? what's with all the SHOUTING!!!!! [Big Grin] [Wink]

Posted by VanillaBullshit (Member # 10873) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Kalila*:

HEY KAL!! WHAT'S UP??!!!

[Big Grin]

HEY VANILLA!!

quote:

i am expressing my feelings.......i tend to get a little loud sometimes..

EXCUSE ME....hehehe

quote:
Originally posted by desertgirl:
HEY VANILLA!!

HI DG!! HOW YA DOIN?!?!?! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Cool]

STOP SHOUTIN!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by VanillaBullshit:
quote:

HEY KAL!! WHAT'S UP??!!!

[Big Grin]

[Eek!] KAL is a boys name i'm a girly [Wink]

quote:
Originally posted by VanillaBullshit:
quote:

HEY KAL!! WHAT'S UP??!!!

[Big Grin]

dude , how are ya, need to talk soon [Wink]

Posted by Penny (Member # 1925) on :

quote:
Originally posted by hmozachsown:
With all due respect... I am a girl. Perhaps the first post didnt come across the right way, so let us try this again...
Good morning I am a girl who has moved to egypt 5 months ago, yes for the love of a gentleman. I have not managed to make any friends yet as he has been uncomfortable with me going out alone, I am having a very rough time of it the last few days and am in despirate need of a friend (girl of course seeing as I AM a girl). I am emotionally raw and despirately need someone to talk to. So if anyone is free and wouldnt mind company, would you please let me know?
Hopefully that clarified any misunderstandings about my gender or my intentions.

Whats the problem in you going out alone, Cairo is a very safe city. What is his motive? if its just protectivness then get him to show you around some suitable places, how to use public transport, how to be safe in a taxi..... and then go by yourself the next time. You can always stay in mobile phone contact. If your husband really cares about you then he will teach you how to be out and about in the city safely. Make sure he also teaches you all the basic arabic phrases you need and how to politely tell some one to leave you alone just in case you do get harrassed.

Hey Micky [Smile] Is Sabry still AWOL?

yessssssssssssss [Frown]

quote:
Originally posted by Penny:
quote:
Originally posted by hmozachsown:

Whats the problem in you going out alone, Cairo is a very safe city. What is his motive? if its just protectivness then get him to show you around some suitable places, how to use public transport, how to be safe in a taxi..... and then go by yourself the next time. You can always stay in mobile phone contact. If your husband really cares about you then he will teach you how to be out and about in the city safely. Make sure he also teaches you all the basic arabic phrases you need and how to politely tell some one to leave you alone just in case you do get harrassed.
i would not go alone too.. new place new peole... never.. i would be so scared to get lost and besides its always better to find a friend to experience all that newness with...

Posted by Shanta Qadeama (Member # 9889) on :

Stout walking shoes, a couple of decent maps, a bottle of water and a few LE is all you need to discover most of central Cairo! A lot of it is walkable (albeit sometimes a long walk!). Walk with a confident air like you know where you're going (but don't turn the map upside down and march for 2 hours in the wrong direction.... ask me how I know [Roll Eyes] )

Ignore everyone who puts you off using the metro or buses and microbuses - really they are absolutely FINE especially the metro. For the buses, it takes a while to learn a couple of routes you need regularly, but its worth persisting. And you don't get ripped off the way taxis do. Most of the people who say you cant or mustnt haven't actually used them. And as for being safer in a taxi - try telling that to at least 2 of the forum members here who have both suffered at the hands of taxi drivers but haven't put their stories in public.

The metro is relatively clean, quick and fast - the ticket system is very like the one on the London Underground (but not the Oysters of course!) and its 1LE to go as far as you like - only 2 interchanges stations and only 2 lines so very simple to navigate.

As long as you dress reasonably modestly, the most stares you will get will be from women in the women's cars (middle 2 of the metro - which by the way you are NOT obliged to use - you can get in any one - men are supposed to stay out of the them during day time though). (If you go in the ladies loo to comb your hair you might get some old biddy standing there looking at you going 'helwa helwa' (happens to me quite a lot!) - nothing to do with the metro just that the women are the ones who stare not the men!)

It can be a bit of a squash sometimes on the buses so microbuses are a bit better as you have an actual seat.

Ask your husband to show you a couple of microbus signs to get you to and from your home to the relevant places eg Ramses/ Tahrir for the centre, or to your local metro station.

Put your foot down, he chose to marry a westerner so he should expect that you want some independence.

Why on this forum is it ALWAYS expected that the foreigner woman will give up everything for the guy? LIke she hasn't give up loads of to come here?

Really I am horrified that independent, educated women come to this country and PROUDLY allow their husbands to control-freak them. 'oh my boyfriend/husband won't let me this and that' for heaven's sake it makes me MAD. [Mad]

If you get totally lost keep 100LE on you (but in smaller notes!) and your address in Arabic so you can get a taxi home. (Get the driver to speak to your husband on the phone to tell him where to take you). You can get home from anywhere for less than 100LE even if you're foreign.

PS learn the arabic alphabet asap so you can read signs and things. Most of the street signs are in both arabic and english, but some aren't. Also it just helps you sometimes to know if a particular bunch of squiggles says 'Ramses' or something.

quote:

Where was he flying to Micky, a friend of mine flying from London to Chicago ws diverted to Washington yesterday. The Chicago plane was cancelled. United Airlines.

Not sure what the reasons were, maybe some problem with planes in the wrong places?

he was flying to Philly, pa , USA on delta from Cairo

Posted by of_gold (Member # 13418) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Shanta Qadeama:
Stout walking shoes, a couple of decent maps, a bottle of water and a few LE is all you need to discover most of central Cairo! A lot of it is walkable (albeit sometimes a long walk!). Walk with a confident air like you know where you're going (but don't turn the map upside down and march for 2 hours in the wrong direction.... ask me how I know [Roll Eyes] )

How do you know Shanta? [Big Grin]

quote:

Put your foot down, he chose to marry a westerner so he should expect that you want some independence.

Why on this forum is it ALWAYS expected that the foreigner woman will give up everything for the guy? LIke she hasn't give up loads of to come here?

Really I am horrified that independent, educated women come to this country and PROUDLY allow their husbands to control-freak them. 'oh my boyfriend/husband won't let me this and that' for heaven's sake it makes me MAD. [Mad]

LOL dont worry Shanta not all Egyptian men are like that, some even let their Egyptian wives go out shopping, take the kids to shool, work etc etc [Big Grin]
Its the 21st century, if your husband doesn't help you to adjust and learn how to stand on your own 2 feet then basically you can be sure you have married a Neanderthal man and the novelty of that will wear off dam quick when you end up feeling like a caged animal. I agee its nice to do it with friends but that's not always possible so you have to get on and do it for yourself. The sense of achievement is wonderful and I don't believe you can possibly feel at home in the country unless you are able to do things for yourself.
Egyptian men usually work very long hours, your happiness IS their responsibility especially when you have moved from your country. The least any decent man will do is make sure his wife can cope to build a life of her own.

Now as for the map.....LOL Shanta so glad to hear you are like the rest of us mere mortal women. I always seem to find the best places and nicest people when I get lost so have given up on the stress of a map unless I really need to get to a specific place.

Thanks for all of the support to all. I am sorry that I disappeared. Long story short. I owe an appology first and foremost to my fiance and his family for bringing any personal problems into the open. It was wrong of me and I sincerely appologise for this.
Secondly, for the record, any issues that there are are either directly caused or exascerbated by my own self. So for this too I appologise.
Lastly, to prevent this from happening in the future and preempt any continuing problems I am going to say bye to this forum. Not due to anything anyone said or did. I love you all and am so grateful to have been able to come and read the threads and post when I needed over the last almost 3 years. (I was under another name previously) ... but the most right thing is for me to learn to handle family problems within the family. So again, thank you all, and know you will all be in my thoughts and prayers.

huh? [Confused]

That's an odd post hmozachsown. I saw no personal problems brought into the open, just a request for company.

It makes me have concerns for you. [Frown]

Posted by sara_uk (Member # 11454) on :

agreed of_gold [Confused]

Posted by cloudberry (Member # 11163) on :

I can understand that you don't want to tell family things in public, ok, but it still doesn't make it go away, that you would need friends here in Cairo. Only a few people can live without contacts to other people.

Posted by Lady Ferret (Member # 15263) on :

Hey hmozacsown. I understand. It was nice to talk with you yesterday and I hope you will be in touch again if you do need a friend again. You know where I am. [Smile]

I also understand why you are leaving ES... I hope you pop by now and then though to PM me to say hi.

Take care and just remember that you really are not alone as I will always be around [Big Grin]

quote:

still no word on my hubby and suggestions will be welcomed , should i call the embassy?

Call the airline Mickey.

i did and they cant tell me anything, it a privacy act BS, his family hasn't heard anything either

Posted by Tigerlily (Member # 3567) on :

quote:
quote:

still no word on my hubby and suggestions will be welcomed , should i call the embassy?
STRANGE [Confused]

Call his family members! I am sure someone on here will be able to help you with the language barrier!!

Oh I just saw you already replied, Mickey. Look call them back and ask them when they have seen S. for the last time and when he supposed to have boarded the plane. Has he been staying with a friend or was he planning to visit someone before he was scheduled to leave Egypt?

Did he reply to any e-mails?? It's really strange because he must understand how worried you are if you don't hear from him.

I don't want to jump to quick conclusions here but something is fishy in the land of Egypt.

i called everyone and no one has seen him since wed. i am so worried and his family is too
i got this letter from some ass today don't know him , i dont know how he even got my hotmail he is from turkey and wrote this to me

hi micky i see ur camelfucker sent messages to other women ad he gave his fucking cell phone number to her hahah i told u u will sufferr asshole he will divorce u soon he just used u to enter usa u r stupid how much did u spend for this ungrateful camelfucker arab i know u r angry at me but when the time come u will understand me better bye

Ahhh delete this crap immediately, you know there are enough mean @ssholes out in this world!!

Gosh I hope he's contacting you within the next few hours or at least tomorrow because this is just a horrible situation not to know what's up. What about if he was involved in an accident? Or perhaps he was arrested in one of the anti-Gaza demonstrations. You can only imagine what's going on there right now.

I mean when did he leave to Cairo? Six weeks ago or so?? You've been waiting so long for him now to come back. It's time, S., it's time to come back to Michelle.

Posted by Sashyra8 (Member # 14488) on :

I dont wanna sound harsh,but seems he´s not interested in coming back,Micky. [Frown]

quote:
Originally posted by Sashyra8:
I dont wanna sound harsh,but seems he´s not interested in coming back,Micky. [Frown]

that was what i wanted to hear right now, thanks for your concern

Posted by Hermione Heliotrope. (Member # 14248) on :

Micky,

surely the airline can tell you whether he boarded in Cairo or not. [Confused]

quote:
i did and they cant tell me anything, it a privacy act BS, his family hasn't heard anything either

Privacy act BS? Your his wife! People call all the time to check on flights. You must of gotten hold of someone not wanting to be helpful. I think try again. Flights just don't end up missing, someone has to know what happen.

i tried 3 times and no one will tell you, they told me contact the police and get a court order to have them make the airlines tell me. wtf?i told them i was his wife and they said they cant do anything

Posted by happybunny (Member # 14224) on :

OMG i really did think as his 'next of kin' you would have the right to know if he had boarded! Sorry micky, i think i would just keep contacting his family - maybe they could try the airport in Cairo?

Hope things go well micky

Posted by Hermione Heliotrope. (Member # 14248) on :

Hang on Micky,

are you saying he didn't leave on the flight out of Philly in the first place?
Had the reservation and went to the airport but didn't board the flight??

Micky, let somebody else call his mobile for you, preferably a number that is not in his list.

Maybe a number of Egypt.

What does your heart tell you, Micky?? Is he still in Egypt?? or did he already set foot on American ground again?? Trust your intuition.
Can you read his sent/ received mails??

Like happybunny said: Hope all goes well.

i don't know anything sent him emails and text and they weren't delivered, dont know any other numbers that could call him from Egypt

It sounds like there is not alot you can do at the moment micky but wait and i realise waiting is hard. I would give it another 24 hours and then contact the police and get the court order. [Frown]

Get a family member in cairo to contact the airport.
Take care

thank you all for you suggestions

Micky, about the message you received...
It has to do with Live Messenger. Everybody in your contact list (including me [Wink] )can 'see' things [Frown] [Frown] .
example: Micky added Taxi driver to her favourite movies.
Try to delete your message to Sabri.
Otherwise more lunatics will comment on it.

Hang on, girl. (huggg)

i am trying called immigration

Posted by Korvin's (Member # 14099) on :

Friendship is so precious indeed ...

quote:
i called everyone and no one has seen him since wed. i am so worried and his family is too
i got this letter from some ass today don't know him , i dont know how he even got my hotmail he is from turkey and wrote this to me

hi micky i see ur camelfucker sent messages to other women ad he gave his fucking cell phone number to her hahah i told u u will sufferr asshole he will divorce u soon he just used u to enter usa u r stupid how much did u spend for this ungrateful camelfucker arab i know u r angry at me but when the time come u will understand me better bye

Mickey it may be your only lead, try writing a polite reply saying you are very worried about your husband and would be grateful for any information to get in contact with him. Don't take the email to heart, It must be very worrying but just keep all options open. Do you have a friend in Egypt outside of the family that can try and get some information for you?

Anyone here know if there is any way at the airport to check via passport contol if he left Egypt?

Posted by south_london_male (Member # 3917) on :

Dolphin: Check with his family ,, if any one of them went with him to the airport or not ,, did they see him going inside the airport? he might have been stopped in the Airport for any reason as Immigration ,,etc ( despite in this case he would call his family / you to inform ) also if they are really worried then they should have acted ,, so ask them what sort of action they took so far (unless they know something and they do not want to tell you ) also they can contact the airline in Egypt and ask them if he left the country or not ,,, they do not need to have court order for that in Egypt.. good luck..

Posted by xxx (Member # 8622) on :

Get an Egyptian man or woman to call his family. It will, immediately, be very clear if they know something they're not telling you.

At the matter of fact, here is a hint; stop calling them for a day. If they don't call you, they know everything. They should be calling you every 15 minutes asking about him and asking you what you've done to find him.

i finally contacted my BIL he said he will get on the plane on the 22nd, he missed his flight again [Frown]

If he missed his flight then his brother should have knew about that at once!!! is not it? but you said you contacted them many times before and they did not know anything!!! also if he missed his flight then he should have contacted you by himself ,, he should know that you were waiting for him,, well I hope he is ok as that sound very very strange and hard to believe

Posted by India (Member # 16104) on :

Dolphin, I am very glad that he has turned up safe as I can only imagine how painful this whole experience has been for you but I have to agree with South London Male. [Frown]

How long is it since mother died? Maybe he feels the need or is being pressured to stay for the 40-day mourning period?

Shanta ,, I think Dolphin said that he missed his flight again!!! the strange thing he did not care to contact her to tel her ,, also he does not return her calls back!!! and by the way people hardly stay in Egypt for 40 days to mourn some one death ,, and these days even most of the people in Egypt say it is not islamic thing ( if he was muslim at all) the 40 days is pharos thing rather than religious thing

dudes pls stop surmissing (SP) it's not fair and it's not nice pls have some respect it is not our business micky will tell us if she wishes us to know.

Posted by Kleobatra (Member # 14882) on :

It’s been a long time since I’ve visited this forum. Just out of curiosity I did this evening. Funny how the same people still show up.
Mickey, I recall you as a nice and friendly lady who waited 2 and half years for her husband to join her in the US. And now he has disappeared into thin air… and his family didn’t contact you? I don’t know how you two have met and I don’t know how well you know his family, but I sincerely hope for you didn’t fall for one of those visa hunting conmen.
I understand your husband lost his mother recently? Maybe it’s a bit of a consolation for you, but people who have lost a loved one, act a bit “out of the world” the first few weeks. (At least I did, when it happened to me.) Maybe you husband finds it hard to leave his siblings to go to the other side of the world, maybe his siblings find it hard to let him go…
I hope things will turn out fine for the both of you.

Kleobatra thank you for your words. i know it is very hard for him right now and i will be patient, i know he loves me and will come when the time is right, i was told he will be on the plane the 22nd of this month

Posted by Kleobatra (Member # 14882) on :

I think so too. What would someone possibly have to gain by keeping somebody else’s life on hold for so long and than disappear after a few months?
Excuse me for my spelling. It’s getting late up here in Europe.

i appreciate your kindness, and thank you for your sweet words and spelling [Big Grin] NP

no matter how long it takes yr man to get home we are here for u sweety... stay calm and pray he stays safe...

quote:
Originally posted by Korvin's:
Friendship is so precious indeed ...

it sure is korvin [Smile]

quote:
i finally contacted my BIL he said he will get on the plane on the 22nd, he missed his flight again [Frown]

And he hasn't the guts to tell you, his own wife?? He keeps you worried and in the dark like that???? [Confused] [Confused]

My husband would never do something like that. He flew back to the US to attend the funeral of his mom who passed away too quickly several years ago. He called me numerous times every day to give me an update and make sure we are okay back home. Infact he couldn't wait to come back after a week (well he had also to continue his work). He didn't cry in the US - he cried back home after several days and hard. I think he was in some state of shock and it took him some time to realize what happened. He regrets up until today that she never met me in person and our two children back then. I feel the same way. I just knew her over the phone and we had many funny conversations together. She was a good lady, too bad she's already gone. [Frown]

i think he is going thru that too tiger, and has no money to call me.i am not trying to make excuses for him, but i know him very well

Posted by Tibe-at-work (Member # 14907) on :

Micky are y sure he was happy in the US??? I dont mean with you but with the way of living, life style, friendships, work, activities ect. ????

he loves it! we were even talking about staying here for 3 years to save money to come back, he knows i want to live in Egypt someday

Posted by Korvin's (Member # 14099) on :

Good question, Tibe.

good answer mick [Eek!]

Posted by ExptinCAI (Member # 1439) on :

Micky, I'm sorry but it's just disgraceful the way you're making excuses for an adult - I would be aghast if this was a casual friend who allowed you to worry like this, but your partner in life?!

Shame on him for treating you this way and shame on you for accepting this behavior as a form of love.

I must admit i agree with you ExptinCAI.

Surely his family must have known he missed his flight [Confused] [Confused]

5 days is a long time Mickey [Frown] to let you worry about him without trying to get word back to you even with little money he could have e-mailed you. I am not trying to be mean to you or anything but i would have questions to ask if my husband did that to me.

Take care

Micky it is not my business but I was really surprised when you said earlier:(i called everyone and no one has seen him since wed. i am so worried and his family is too) then you came back and said:
(i finally contacted my BIL he said he will get on the plane on the 22nd, he missed his flight again) those two statements are not working with each other ,, if every one in his family did know any thing about him ,, and if they were worried then where did he go when he missed the flight? did not he care to inform them as he did not care to inform you!!! and they were so worried what sort of actiions they told you they took? well when I fly showmehere and my flight is late .. the first thing I do is to contact those who are waiting for me at the airport , the country I am going to ..etc even I contact the cab driver ( despiote his agency would find that out with the need of my contact ) I should respect those who are waiting for my arrival in the destination.. and should respect those in the departure point who are waiting to hear that I have arrived safly... Ibut waiting for 4 days ( Wednesday to Sunday ) is outstanding ,, and no matter what sort of family loss any one has could preven him from caring about the alive ones who are waiting for him or his news... I hope I am wrong about him at the end.. which I find it hard any way.. good luck

i understand all your concerns and i will not post here anymore, i knew i shouldnt have from the beginning but i needed some advice, and got some good advice. to set the story straight NO ONE heard from him until yesterday , he wanted to be left alone, and i respect that, he will be coming on the 22nd.

Posted by Rumicrazieluv (Member # 12053) on :

quote:
Originally posted by ExptinCAI:
Micky, I'm sorry but it's just disgraceful the way you're making excuses for an adult - I would be aghast if this was a casual friend who allowed you to worry like this, but your partner in life?!

Shame on him for treating you this way and shame on you for accepting this behavior as a form of love.

Shame on you for judging this situation without even thinking you are dealing with real people with real feelings expat.

Really what is wrong with you people , the man's mother died!! My brother acted the same way when our mother died and he then proceeded to spend the next year in a total emotional upheaval-he shut out his wife and his sisters. A son's relationship with his mother is a bond that is very deep. Maybe he felt guilty because he left and lost this last bit of time with his mother.

My point is I can see if it was anyone else and he was shutting out his wife but were talking about the loss of his mom. Until you lose your mother you really cannot understand how you will act during your sorrow so I would just stop making micky feel worse and just be supportive of her for Gods Sake!!!!

You are all just ready to jump on the He-just-used-her-for-a-visa-bandwagon and the poor guy is devestated by the loss of his MOTHER. Until you are all in this situation then you shouldnt judge you should just be supportive. Even if it was a bad situation you should all just be a little bit more sensitive and understand you are dealing with real life and real love !!

Micky, dont post these things anymore, you have real friends from ES and at home-speak with them privately sweetheart because they really care about you and will be much more supportive. Take care and message me if you need to talk [Smile]

Posted by Ayisha (Member # 4713) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Rumicrazieluv:
Until you lose your mother you really cannot understand how you will act during your sorrow so I would just stop making micky feel worse and just be supportive of her for Gods Sake!!!!

Agree!!

Hugs Micky

Posted by ExptinCAI (Member # 1439) on :

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ExptinCAI:

Shame on you for judging this situation without even thinking you are dealing with real people with real feelings expat.

Really what is wrong with you people , the man's mother died!! My brother acted the same way when our mother died and he then proceeded to spend the next year in a total emotional upheaval-he shut out his wife and his sisters. A son's relationship with his mother is a bond that is very deep. Maybe he felt guilty because he left and lost this last bit of time with his mother.

My point is I can see if it was anyone else and he was shutting out his wife but were talking about the loss of his mom. Until you lose your mother you really cannot understand how you will act during your sorrow so I would just stop making micky feel worse and just be supportive of her for Gods Sake!!!!

You are all just ready to jump on the He-just-used-her-for-a-visa-bandwagon and the poor guy is devestated by the loss of his MOTHER. Until you are all in this situation then you shouldnt judge you should just be supportive. Even if it was a bad situation you should all just be a little bit more sensitive and understand you are dealing with real life and real love !!

Micky, dont post these things anymore, you have real friends from ES and at home-speak with them privately sweetheart because they really care about you and will be much more supportive. Take care and message me if you need to talk [Smile]

What world are you living in? Obviously it's the same warped one as your friend and you've both gotten to the point where you find this acceptable behavior from mature adults.

Awful things happen to people we love all the time, and everyone grieves differently....but that is no excuse for causing unnecessary hardship. What sort of an ADULT does something so selfish as to worry his entire family on two continents at traumatic time (for all of the family)?! All he had to do is let people know he needed a bit of alone time without vanishing off the face of the planet.

In the world I live in, police in both countries, the airlines, the embassies, his entire family...all would've been on a major man-hunt for him and I would've been on a flight to Cairo myself.

It's got nothing to do with using her for a visa (why did you even bring it up?) and everything to do with being an adult and causing your wife extreme and unnecessary pain and worry.

I also didn't mention visa or anything like that. I just think if he wanted to be left alone he could have should of let someone know - that's all.

Take care Mickey.

everyone is different when they grieve.. maybe he didnt feel like contacting noone.. so when he gets home yall will feel like aholes for even suggesting he used her...now ha for u people would it kill yall to give this man the benifit of the doubt???micky is our friend she shared somethin with us and u fookers jumped on her like a dog.. reminds me how and y i only have 2 or 3 friends...with friends like that who needs enemies??

Who's that aimed at tina? I haven't seen anyone saying that he used her or anything like that (apart from the nasty e-mail she got from outside ES)

quote "u fookers jumped on her like a dog

People are pointing out that it was wrong to worry her (and his family). HER, tina, most people were concerned for HER, not attacking her.

Anyway sorry Mickey glad things turned out for you. [Wink]

sorry my bad i guess i read wrong... i just didnt think it wasnt right for anyone to down her or belittle her for somethin that hasnt happened...i know he will be home when he is ready.. god he just lost him mama i dont even want to emagine how that feels.. i would go insane without my mom...

sorry if i took all that outa contact but when i read it it just sounded like that...

Posted by Habeeby (Member # 14429) on :

Why is it so ironic that a thread that is named 'desperate need of a friend' again turns into a bun fight!!! [Roll Eyes]

*nothing ever changes on ES*

don't worry habeeby, i know they are just trying to help. i forgive the nasty ones , but really no one has been nasty so i thank all of you for you opinions [Smile]

Still 2 days and he's home again. [Smile]
All the best.

ty DG trying not to think so much about it.working my buns off to keep busy [Big Grin]

yes, that's the best you can do... Work, work, work, ... and talk, talk, talk to friends [Razz] . That's what I do when I want time to pass quickly.
Btw, I loved the jokes 'and then the fight started' [Big Grin] , I even told them in class.

my favorite was:
My wife sat down on the couch next to me as I was flipping channels. She asked, "What's on TV?"

I said, "Dust"

And then the fight started.

Posted by cbrbddd (Member # 3891) on :

We all need a good laugh . . . even when things are going well!

Laughter is the best medecine . . . I hope I can keep taking it, lol!

quote:
Originally posted by cbrbddd:

you will [Wink]

then the fight started [Razz]

Posted by finished (Member # 16076) on :

Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

quote:
Originally posted by finished:
Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

with a friend like u who needs enemies??

now to no one here its just a quote

quote:
quote:

you will [Wink]

then the fight started [Razz]

[Big Grin]

No fighting here!

Obama, Obama, Obama!!

he who cast the first stone...

Posted by Culture Club (Member # 13767) on :

quote:

I do agree with Rumi, my man's sick mom already died some days ago. Until know my loved one is still vvvvvvv sad, he doesnt want to talk, he doesnt want to eat, even he cannot think about his works. This morning, he told me he missed his mother vvvvvvvv much. I tried many times to make him smile or ease his pain, but it didn't work.

At the time his mom still could talk, she asked him not to go away from Egypt for long travel (such as to my country)after she died, and he promised her that. You know what I mean??...He will not come or go with me to my country for whatever reasons.

How if I visit my family to my country someday, and suddenly I am in emergency case, do you think he will not see me forever cause of his damned promise? will he let me alone? (I think I will make a plan someday and I want to know if he can break his promise for me--alive person).

He asked me many times to pray for her mother before she died, to ask Allah for good health. But ... he made that promise. His mom took his promise to her graveyard. I really feel hurt...

Just now he told me that he also want to die... I feel I am nothing beside him, I am really nobody for him, I'm not so important person for his life...

I really feel hurt... Im really sad... he and his mom hurt me... and I cannot understand that.

I need words from you all.

Happy first anniversary which is coming up soon, CC.

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your MIL. [Frown]

I think when she asked him to promise he won't leave Egypt she just wanted to make sure that your brother will be able to look after his own brothers so there will be stability left in the family.

BUT I believe it's kinda selfish. She lived her life and you and your husband have to live yours now. You are his wife and no matter what your situation could change one day which means you and your husband and possible offspring will have to relocate - at least for some time. You never know what the future holds for you.

Let some time pass by so your husband can find himself again. Give him time to grieve and come to terms with the loss of him mom. I know you have been always very kind and supportive so you will be there for him.

Once he feels better you truly need to discuss some very important things within your marriage. All the best. PS: Belated happy birthday to you. [Smile]

Posted by Culture Club (Member # 13767) on :

Danke schoene TL

I agree CC, just give him time to grieve. A few days is not long at all and he will still be feeling very raw about his loss.

What he feels now is not how he may feel later and as TL says in time you will be able to discuss the important issues in your marriage. Don't take it personally at the moment for he is surely now feeling himself. Just be there for him to comfort him and let him know that you are beside him at the moment.

Good luck CC i wish you well [Wink]

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your MIL, cc. wow 2 mom's in 2 months, i feel your pain, i am going thru issues just like you. hang in there , thats all we can do
want to talk , i am here

first cc sorry for yalls loss.. and u know it might take a few yrs for him to finish grieving.. he knows he made a promise t o his mom but in the future u never know he might nit wanna stay in egypt cas of the memories of his mom.. onlly time will tell just bare with him...and give him the time and space to grieve for his mom all u can do is be there for him and love him...

quote:
i understand all your concerns and i will not post here anymore, i knew i shouldnt have from the beginning but i needed some advice, and got some good advice. to set the story straight NO ONE heard from him until yesterday , he wanted to be left alone, and i respect that, he will be coming on the 22nd.

Mickey, did he come back??

Posted by Makbeta (Member # 14401) on :

I do hope Micky is ok. [Smile]

he musta came home cas i aint seen her.. shes catching up on lost time...

Makbeta quoted - I do hope Micky is ok.

I do too [Wink]

i am not ok , but i will survive. [Frown]

[Frown] [Frown] [Frown]

[Frown] [Frown] [Frown] from me too

((( hugs n kisses ))) micky

thanks you all [Frown]

Posted by HandsUpHandsDown (Member # 15410) on :

I'm sorry, Micky. [Frown]

did something happen to sabry??

i just need support now, no bad thoughts please

sweetie you have it at least from me contact me via FB if you need too

Posted by unsure (Member # 12244) on :

Micky, I don't know what to say but I will say no bad thoughts from me.

ty unsure [Smile]

Mickey, add me on FB via Kalila [Big Grin]
(unless you are already there... if so tell me [Smile] )

Posted by Makbeta (Member # 14401) on :

Micky ((((HUGS)))) from me.

Posted by Cosmogirl (Member # 8748) on :

(giving you a small squeeze on your hand to let you know that I understand)

hugs from me too... maybe u will get good news soon

I have only the best of wishes and hopes for you Mickey.

quote:
Originally posted by Lady Ferret:

you have to tell me whats your addy on there, dont know your real names, Kalila "s either [Frown] but i am there just look for oldbags [Cool]

ah - I've set up my FB so all my friends are hidden from each other so I'm afraid that won't work DR

[Frown] [Frown] thanks alot my friend ;)i guess she will have to PM me with her name or their names.pordon wha madam [Big Grin]

I know Kalila . . . i think . . . I'll send you a PM mickey!

Ok, Dolphin, Khalila and Lady Ferret - I've sent the three of you the same message on FB - so I think if you each reply to it, you will throw yourselves open to the others. Maybe. Bokra inshallah mishmish etc [Big Grin]

quote:
Ok, Dolphin, Khalila and Lady Ferret - I've sent the three of you the same message on FB - so I think if you each reply to it, you will throw yourselves open to the others. Maybe. Bokra inshallah mishmish etc [Big Grin]

[Big Grin]

quote:

got ya , i know her [Big Grin] shes my babe [Razz]

Ok, I did the deed...

got it ferret la [Big Grin] dy and ty

quote:
quote:

got ya , i know her [Big Grin] shes my babe [Razz]
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posted by Shisha-Master (Member # 14189) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmogirl:

sparta kicking you to let you know that internet actions are retarded.

Oh wait...never mind.

quote:
Originally posted by Shisha-Master:
quote:
Originally posted by Cosmogirl:

sparta kicking you to let you know that internet actions are retarded.

Oh wait...never mind.

shut up for once will you,she is being so kind, try it sometime, vader boy

Posted by Shisha-Master (Member # 14189) on :

Nah, I'm good thanks.

quote:
Originally posted by Shisha-Master:
Nah, I'm good thanks.

what a little smart azz [Big Grin]

quote: