EgyptSearch Forums   
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Locate a friend or business in Egypt » LASIK Facts (informative)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: LASIK Facts (informative)
theanswerof
Member # 14770

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for theanswerof     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Heya everyone, I did a research about LASIK thing since im planning to compact to the procedure next month ( im a little nervous about it) that is why i decided to rummage around facts as I can in regards to its advantages and disadvantages outcome. And I found out that the disadvantages of it like the healing of the eye thing involves a careful regimen by the patient and close monitoring by your surgeon for several months following the procedure. Also, depending on the size of the patient's pupil, "night glare" may occur in low light, especially in the days immediately following your procedure. Furthermore, each patient has individual healing characteristics so it means that not all people done this had or have the same effects after or same healing experience after but in the long run I also found the advantages of it, the entire procedure is painless and very fast - less than ten minutes, during which use of the laser beam lasts about 15 - 40 seconds, 98% of typical patients achieve 20/40 or better vision, which enables the patient to drive and participate in sports without the need for glasses or contact lenses, corneal strength is preserved and vision remains stable years after LASIK, it corrects myopia with or without astigmatism, and hyperopia with or without Astigmatism . So I do believe that this will serve as I guide to everyone who plan to have it. BTW wish me luck for my surgery next month im 102 % sure that I will go for it. I want to see and do things without those glasses and contacts. Wish me luck. Ohh BTW here’s a link my2020 in case you want to have a wide understanding about LASIK.
Posts: 1 | From: FL, USA | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Austin Powers
Member # 14590

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Austin Powers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am sure it is fine (not that I would ever use any company that needed to spam message boards to find customers) but there's just something about having people burning holes in my eyeballs that makes me rather queasy.

I'll stick with the contact lenses, I think.

--------------------
htp://www.egypt-real.com

Posts: 39 | From: Hurghada | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good Luck theanswerof [Smile]

My sister had it and was very happy with the results. fyi, she did say something about how it was hard not to rub your eyes while they were healing and this is a no, no, so heads up on that. [Wink]

Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
theanswolf is a bot. Lol.
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sake75
Member # 14789

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sake75     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LASIK was the best thing I’ve ever done for myself. I am a mother of a 3 year old and a 1 year old and that means a lot of waking up in the middle of the night. This translated to sleeping in my contacts so that I could see what I was doing when I had to check on my kids; after 20 years, it was starting to take a toll on the health of my eyes. Dr. Wiles is so informative and has such a calm demeanor; he put me at ease even though I was nervous about the procedure. He went through all of the steps involved in the treatment so that I knew exactly what to expect. I appreciate everything he has done to make my vision what it is today. I can now see 20/20 with no help."
Posts: 2 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lol@ stupid bot.
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
m.e.
Member # 14680

Icon 1 posted      Profile for m.e.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had this and it was the greatest thing I've ever done, hands down.
Posts: 169 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
M_A_Z_E_N
Member # 14409

Icon 1 posted      Profile for M_A_Z_E_N   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
and how is you sight now

--------------------
!!!!!!!!

Posts: 90 | From: ! | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
I'm definitely getting one when I can afford it.
m.e.
Member # 14680

Icon 1 posted      Profile for m.e.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My sight is perfect now!
Posts: 169 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
M_A_Z_E_N
Member # 14409

Icon 1 posted      Profile for M_A_Z_E_N   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
V. Good

--------------------
!!!!!!!!

Posts: 90 | From: ! | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com