EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Classifieds » Computers and Computer Gear

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Computers and Computer Gear
zaaina
Member # 9534

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for zaaina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Computers and Computer Gear:
Compaq Notebook Computer 350$*
Intel Pentium 3 650 MHz, 64 MB (SDRAM), 13.3 in. TFT Active Matrix, 6GB, 256 KB, 8x (DVD)
Gateway Solo 2150 Notebook Computer $200*
· Intel Mobile Celeron 400MHz processor, 64MB ram, 19GB hard drive, 14.1” display, CD ROM drive
HP LaserJet 6L Laser Printer (600dpi) (220) $75 *
ISDN network terminator and modem 1400 LE obo*

call 359-0271, we are in maadi

we have more items at:
http://www.aucegypt.edu//faculty/hekman/MovingSale.htm

Posts: 71 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zaaina
Member # 9534

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for zaaina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
forgot to add these are from the USA except for the modem
Posts: 71 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If they are from the USA are you also selling the transformers that go along with them?
Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zaaina
Member # 9534

Rate Member
yes
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are the transformers included in the price? Are the items still under warranty and if so is the warranty valid for Egypt, as some are limited to the country of origin only?
Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zaaina
Member # 9534

Rate Member
actually i dont think you need transformers, we use an adapter. transformers are best used as a safety net for power outages.i do not believe the items are still under warranty. the compaq works great, no problems at all. the asking price for it is the sae as it sells for in the usa, actually even cheaper as you would have to pay tax, and s/h.
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by zaaina:
actually i dont think you need transformers, we use an adapter.

But the US operate on 110/120 Volt while Egypt operates on 220, so how would you be able to use only an adapter?
Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zaaina
Member # 9534

Rate Member
the computer runs on any voltage from 100-240 volts, the adapter that comes with the computer enables this. we just add a small black thingy so that we can plug into the local electricity. i dont knowmuch about it all but my husband is an electro-mechanical engoneering professor so he knows what he is doing.
newcomer
Member # 1056

The laptops would probably be ok here in Egypt as they usually have built in transformers. I should have perhaps been more specific, as I was asking more in relation to the printer, but I have since found out that it is a discontinued model and so it would be risky to buy if it needed repairs.
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would be careful about buying a 6L anyway, newcomer. In general HP laser printers are great, but from what I've heard this particular model caused lots of problems.
Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

That was also mentioned in the reviews. Any suggestions for a good, not too expensive, basic home laser printer? I don't need anything fancy, B&W is sufficient, but I don't want to end up paying a lot for refills/cartridges.
zaaina
Member # 9534

Rate Member
the printer is in good condition we havent had any problems with it and as far fixing it HP has offices in Garden City.
karim
Member # 3077

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HP 6L for $75 that's a lot, as you buy HP 1020 Laser for about 720LE and that's new model.
Posts: 1226 | From: Egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zaaina
Member # 9534

Rate Member
price reduced on printer!!!

compaq computer sold.

call 359-0271

zaaina
Member # 9534

Rate Member
gateway computer still available as well other items. you have until december 29th to make purchases then we pack for our move.

call 359-0271

newcomer
Member # 1056

quote:
Originally posted by zaaina:
price reduced on printer!!!

call 359-0271

How much is the printer now, the advert still says $75?
zaaina
Member # 9534

Rate Member
we've decided that its a great printer and not worth selling for less, you missed the window. but we will sell it for 75$.

359-0271

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com