EgyptSearch Forums   
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Doing Business in Egypt » Buying property in Egypt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Buying property in Egypt
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know anything about this British firm based in London, but I thought their overview of buying a property in Egypt looked useful and clear:

http://www.propertiesabroad.com/legal.php?page=41

(But it doesn't mention the Red Sea rules which I gather from this forum are a bit different).

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
liz007
Member # 11424

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for liz007     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The property market in Sharm? Well, I wouldn’t. Not through Sharm anyway. There are lots of European agents, where you’ll be better protected against the problems that may occur (registration, late delivery, over priced furniture packages etc). There will always be an element of mis-selling in Sharm, as very few are trained, as the law does not require this. Most of the agents have gone there as they see an opportunity to persuade Europeans to part with cash they could only ever dream of having access to.
They can talk the talk, and make you think you are getting a good investment opportunity, but the truth is, no-one knows what will happen in Sharm, and fewer are close to been qualified to comment on the property inflation, potential returns and evidence of such. The market will go as high as we will allow it to, depending on how many are (daring/careless?) enough to commit to the dream of owning a property there without hassle, and being able to keep hold of it, despite the curious ‘usufruct’ (leasehold) nature of our purchases and likely future changes in the law.

Posts: 22 | From: uk/sharm | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree really excellent description

--------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post 
No worries - I'm not even considering Sharm. I was just mentioning that it didn't discuss the usfruct thing (but I forgot its name) in case anyone read the guidance and thought it did.
Me I'm a big city girl - looking at buying in or near Cairo [Cool]

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by liz007:
The property market in Sharm? Well, I wouldn’t. Not through Sharm anyway. There are lots of European agents, where you’ll be better protected against the problems that may occur (registration, late delivery, over priced furniture packages etc). There will always be an element of mis-selling in Sharm, as very few are trained, as the law does not require this. Most of the agents have gone there as they see an opportunity to persuade Europeans to part with cash they could only ever dream of having access to.
They can talk the talk, and make you think you are getting a good investment opportunity, but the truth is, no-one knows what will happen in Sharm, and fewer are close to been qualified to comment on the property inflation, potential returns and evidence of such. The market will go as high as we will allow it to, depending on how many are (daring/careless?) enough to commit to the dream of owning a property there without hassle, and being able to keep hold of it, despite the curious ‘usufruct’ (leasehold) nature of our purchases and likely future changes in the law.

Oh please Liz wake up it is the European agents that are doing the biggest rip offs in Sharm and can you really blame the Egyptians taking a stake from a load of Europeans flocking to buy up properties with the one sole aim of making a profit then leaving the country putting nothing back in. Yes it's a big bubble that will burst eventually but don't blame the Egyptians they didn't start it.
Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
massenburg
Member # 10776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for massenburg         Edit/Delete Post 
Same thing is true for other places; Dubai, Calgary/Canada, Spain.
Posts: 407 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
What surprises me over buying property in Egypt, is how few people actually have the papers translated before or after they have signed them. I doubt that they would sign something that involves so much money in their home countries without reading the contract first.

--------------------
Everything for me - www.Luxor4me.com

Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
robert008
Member # 11453

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for robert008     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
seek partners
Linyi Zhong Tai Import&Export Co.,Ltd Is A Professional Enterprise That Produce Commercial Plywood .Owning Our Self-Funning Import&Export Rights,Approved By The Ministry Of Foreign Trade And Economic Companion.
We Are Also Doing Other Business, Such As Film Faced Plywood,Packing Plywood,Block Bord,Mdf, And So On.Convenient Traffic Network And Superior Geographical Position Offer The Good External Environment Condition For The Development Of Our Company.First-Class Equipped,Modern Techniques,Having Rigorous Quality Management System And Perfect After-Sale Service.
We Welcome Every Of The Old Andnew Friends All Over The World To Cooprate With Us To Achieve For Both Sides The Ecnomic Benifit And Social Effects ,We Believe We Can Cooperate Well And Get Developerment In The NearFuture.
MY MSN:lxj6016@hotmail.com

Posts: 10 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amanir
Member # 11410

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for amanir     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi there,

For those who are interested to buy a property in Cairo. I have a 2 bedroom flat to sell in Cairo, Nasr City. the flat is in a lively area where a family, students or an office could be located. Contact me for anymore details.

cheers
amani

--------------------
amani

Posts: 24 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com