EgyptSearch Forums   
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Doing Business in Egypt » Commission fees

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Commission fees
Des
Member # 9479

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Des     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you were buying a property what would you say
when the agent says" You pay me 2/5% commission on top of the asking price" ???

Please kkep it clean!!!!!!!!!! [Razz] [Razz]

Posts: 97 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imagine
Member # 11591

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for imagine   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the comission should be included in the asking price, and its very unprofessional to ask the comission on top of the price.... When that is said 2,5% is a normal rate. Just make sure their not trying to take the commission from the seller and u at the same time.
Posts: 712 | From: Hurghada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Agents Fees in Egypt are 2.5% to the sellor
and 1.5% to the buyer. Same as you would pay to an estate agent in Uk but in UK the buyer does not pay. So unless it's a new development then it is not correct to say the fees should be included in the price.

So any higher than 1.5% and my answer would be *******

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallenknight
Member # 10650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for fallenknight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When we bought the apartment we are now in we paid 2.5% to the estate agent.
From what i can gather this is normal now.
Most of the agents are charging this here in Hurghada.
But if you are buying direct from the builder you shouldnt be charged.
When we bought our second property direct from the builder we did not pay any commission.
So have you found somewhere Des.
If you need any help pm me.
Fallenknight

Posts: 85 | From: Egypt | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeiad Yehia
Member # 13605

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zeiad Yehia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It depends on the "custom" of each area.

In Hurgada, it is normal to charge purchasers 2.5% while in Sharm el Sheikh the same commision ranges from 1.5% to 0%

However, as fallenknight mentioned,if you are buying directly from the builder you shouldn't be charged, but again, some builders are not trustworthy so watch out. You better go to a real estate agency after all, even Egyptians can get easily tricked in the real estate market.

Many agencies in the market charge the purchaser 0%. Regardless of the buyer's commission, it is all about the developer's and agency's commission.

Developers' reputation and history is important, but the most important issue in my humble opinion is checking the title of deed and its evolution, building license "if it exists or not in the first place, then the type of license", and dedication resolution.

Posts: 18 | From: Sharm el Sheikh | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Des
Member # 9479

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Des     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!] Thnaks everyone for their imput, had to
smile though, one property in El Gouna had 2.5%
agents comission AND another 3% to Orascom -pass on that one - just taking the p***

Posts: 97 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com