EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptians Living Abroad » HELLO

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: HELLO
homing pigeon
Member # 8039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for homing pigeon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello, ES-ians
I am an Egyptian doctor living in Leeds, UK. I miss home so much and I am trying to connect with my people. I dont happen to have Egyptian friends here...although there must be quite a few Egyptians in Leeds ...it's just that I never met them and I'm too busy to go socializing anyway. I work literally all hours. I'm 34 mother of 2 hooligans and I would like to be part of your online community please.

Posts: 670 | From: alex living in leeds, UK | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
salama
Member # 5941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for salama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ops..!

[This message has been edited by salama (edited 20 June 2005).]

Posts: 1873 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by homing pigeon:
Hello, ES-ians
I am an Egyptian doctor living in Leeds, UK. I miss home so much and I am trying to connect with my people. I dont happen to have Egyptian friends here...although there must be quite a few Egyptians in Leeds ...it's just that I never met them and I'm too busy to go socializing anyway. I work literally all hours. I'm 34 mother of 2 hooligans and I would like to be part of your online community please.

HP.. welcome!! I'm the opposite..from UK but living in Egypt!! we're generally a friendly lot here.. and the unfriendly ones tend to get ignored after a time!!

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
homing pigeon
Member # 8039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for homing pigeon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for the welcome. I've just sent Salama an email.
Samia, it's interesting this reverse situation. How long have you been in Egypt and how are you finding it? It'd be interesting to compare notes about this homesick feeling.

Posts: 670 | From: alex living in leeds, UK | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Samia, it's interesting this reverse situation. How long have you been in Egypt and how are you finding it? It'd be interesting to compare notes about this homesick feeling.

Welcome ya Homing Bird! You can email me if u wish when u feel like chatting. (iwonabc@yahoo.com)

Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
justarik
Member # 7553

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for justarik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi samia
how is hurgada this days...

Iam a man just wana say hi from cairo..donot panic thats all
justarik@yahoo.com

Hamada

Posts: 6 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smarah
Member # 8191

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for smarah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lucky you at least you work yousee people everyday!!
I am Egyptian living in Greece marrid to Nigarian I have two boys don't work and I don't know the greek language too you can imagian how lonaly Iam. I desgin website and banners logos and things like that on the internet so my whole day and night right front of the computer.

quote:
Hello, ES-ians

Posts: 23 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

HP, I've lived in Egypt for 2 years now, and I still find some things strange.... but in general, if you can get used to the different pace of life, the 'pros' definitely outweigh the 'cons'!!'
I never felt homesick because I didn't like England anyway... even though I was born there and always lived there...
As a muslim convert, I find many things were easier in London.... for example, going to the mosque in London was easier for a woman... not many mosques in Hurghada have a ladies section... I am back in London just for 2 weeks now, and I will go to the central mosque next weekend to catch up with some old friends!
In UK I worked as a phlebotomy nurse, but in Hurghada I'm a scuba diving instructor... again, a completely different way of life.....
Also.... I don't miss English people at all.. just a few good friends, and of course, my lovely daughter!! But.. many of my friends and colleagues in Egypt are foreign.
Give me Egypt any day!!!

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smarah
Member # 8191

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for smarah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Muslim women are not required to go to mosques.

quote:
Originally posted by Samia:
HP, I've lived in Egypt for 2 years now, and I still find some things strange.... but in general, if you can get used to the different pace of life, the 'pros' definitely outweigh the 'cons'!!'
I never felt homesick because I didn't like England anyway... even though I was born there and always lived there...
As a muslim convert, I find many things were easier in London.... for example, going to the mosque in London was easier for a woman... not many mosques in Hurghada have a ladies section... I am back in London just for 2 weeks now, and I will go to the central mosque next weekend to catch up with some old friends!
In UK I worked as a phlebotomy nurse, but in Hurghada I'm a scuba diving instructor... again, a completely different way of life.....
Also.... I don't miss English people at all.. just a few good friends, and of course, my lovely daughter!! But.. many of my friends and colleagues in Egypt are foreign.
Give me Egypt any day!!!

Posts: 23 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
homing pigeon
Member # 8039

They can if they want to, smarah

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com