EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptians Living Abroad » problem :(

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: problem :(
Ahmeds
Member # 9277

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ahmeds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi, while i was talking to a friend of me in msn , i told her ur sister is a bit fat, she told me "what?, i can't belive u said that " and she got annoyed and closed the msn [Frown] ... what's up with the fat word ? is that bad ?
seems a cultureshock
tell me how to recover that situation [Frown] ?

thanks , ahmed

Posts: 295 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KeepinItReal
Member # 7946

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KeepinItReal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndreAhmed:
hi, while i was talking to a friend of me in msn , i told her ur sister is a bit fat, she told me "what?, i can't belive u said that " and she got annoyed and closed the msn [Frown] ... what's up with the fat word ? is that bad ?
seems a cultureshock

thanks , ahmed

Are you for real? Did you actually say that? Aaagh you never insult the family especially someones sister, you're just asking for it. You should apologize. It's not just culture shock, it's female shock from all over the world. No girl wants hear about being fat and she probably got defensive on her sisters behalf. Good luck digging yourself out of this hole. [Big Grin]
Posts: 1063 | From: Oregon | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ahmeds
Member # 9277

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ahmeds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
KeepinItReal, plz don't make me feel guilty ....
i don't know that its insulting , i just wanna make fun of her [Frown] ...

Paint Me As I Am
thanks , i sent her an e-mail however she were online and she didn't allow me to see her , she said : i'll talk to you next week, insa .
she is half english and arabic...
tell me cool words to say to her plzzz...
im so depressed and didn't sleep , i feel guilty ..

--------------------
if i weren't an egyptian , i would be an egyptian , [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 295 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poopka
Member # 4887

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for poopka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder how do u understand>"fat"?I am a healthy size 8(38) and my boyfriend;s brother (from egypt)suggested that i should drop 20lbs.....i got mad at him...and i am upset till now...he had no rights to pass judgments on me especially that I am really a pretty woman,just curvy...i belive that by egyptian standarts this means fat....But i feel great about myself .He himself is far from sexy ,healthy ,athletic look and his wife barely takes care of herself...
That is why I have no pleasure to be friendly with them more then I have to.
One thing u have to remember :never mention in front of a women that she is not perfect..every woman -even the one that wears size "0" is going to go crazy on you.
Let her ignore you a bit and cool down...Do not bother her too much with messages and emails because it may seem like u are still thinking too much about it...let the time heal her "wound".

Posts: 127 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poopka
Member # 4887

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for poopka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also telling a woman that she is fat - it is like telling a guy that he sucks in the bedroom and his penis is small.
Now imagine she told you that. How would u feel and react?

Posts: 127 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dayeshia
Member # 9315

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dayeshia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahmed, All the advice given is right on point! Allow her sometime to pissed off at you and then allow her sometime to cool off! Apologize and leave it alone. If she brings it up then sure discuss it. You have to remember sweetie that words are just as strong as a punch and for this reason you have to be mindful what you say. Much Love..................Toty
Posts: 2 | From: usa | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
swt0rchid
Member # 9173

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for swt0rchid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with everyone else...it was a bit blunt of you to tell someone their sister is fat like that. .. :/ Oh well, we all make mistakes sometimes...Just maybe think before you speak, eh?
Posts: 35 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ahmeds
Member # 9277

Rate Member
hey Toty [Smile] ), thanks for ur advice [Smile] )

quote:

poopka
.....i got mad at him...and i am upset till now

that's what im afraid of ,that she'll be upset and never forget that [Frown] ...
cristina sharif
Member # 9458

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cristina sharif     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its not such a dramatic situation. Man often use words that are ok in their vocabulary but for women its a sensitive issue. Also, apologizeing will not help you right now; she can say "so you said my sister is fat and now you take it back? so now you telling me lies?"; live it like that, maybe try to explain "fat" or "slim", "tall" or "short" for you just describe how a person looks like. After all you did not say she is "ugly" or "stupid".
Posts: 18 | From: Romania | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ahmeds
Member # 9277

Rate Member
cristina sharif , yea ur correct ..
but really , i don't know what to say :S:S, please help me my friends : (

poopka
Member # 4887

Rate Member
Andre...just leave her alone for now..she will respond to you in her own time.Sorry man but this is the only choice u have.
One thing though: stop thinking about it all the time because thoughts and words carry energy that materialize themselves in the real world.So the more you think of it...the more u imagine her being upset>>this is what happens at the end.
Try a different approach.I do it when I have a problem with someone close to me and nothing works to fix the situation.
1.if you belive in angels > ask ur angel of protection to go and "talk " to her angel to bring peace between you both.
2.imagine pinkish- greenish light comming out of your heart and send it directly to her heart.Sourrand her with this love energy and take it off your head.
I hope it is not too much of the spiritual "crap" for you.
Good Luck!

karla
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karla         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
seems a cultureshock

thanks , ahmed

Certainly you should apologize and explain her that your intention was not to insult her sister. In the future try not to make jokes as this. Hope that she can past over your joke!
Posts: 1414 | From: far away | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ahmeds
Member # 9277

Rate Member
thanks alot for ur replies ..
one week , and no replay yet [Frown] ...
i've sent 13 e-mails , but it seems that i was so weaky cuz i forgave her alot of times , wasn't it ?

but what would happen if i said other cussing words !!!! .. i just said fat ! [Frown]

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
i just said fat ! [Frown]

Next time just use PHAT!!
Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
loborules
Member # 5457

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for loborules     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
damn are you really that thick and dense? Never ever call a woman, fat, another anorexic born ...
Posts: 816 | From: On top of a dog house | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poopka
Member # 4887

Rate Member
Ahmed.....u just said:"fat"! read again one of my posts to u....(the one about man in the bedroom)
13 emails?>>>stop harrasing your friend!
she will never answer the more u keep on pushing !
Again:try differnt approach even if you are far from being spiritual..

loborules
Member # 5457

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for loborules     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah 13 emails, now she probably thinks your psycho with a touch of obsessive complusive
Posts: 816 | From: On top of a dog house | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann
Member # 106

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahmed, let it be & give your friend some time to chill out. Don't send any more emails, she'll freak out. By the way, why is it you feel so compelled to judge other people's lives & get stuck in (see your other posts about the so-called gay boy & the muslim girl dating a so-called non-muslim). Who are you to judge in the first place?
Posts: 316 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ahmeds
Member # 9277

Rate Member
Ann
thanks for ur words , as for the muslim girl that dates a non-muslim and she will marry him in few days is her sister! , and that's not allowed in islam...

Ann
Member # 106

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know it is not allowed in Islam, that's not my point.
Posts: 316 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poopka
Member # 4887

Rate Member
Ann ...I agree with you 100 % ! He keeps judging people ...seems like he has no life....
There is a say ,I know and I"ll try to translate it into english the best I can:"When other people's sins boil your blood-then- they are your own as well!"

Also seems like you cannot even defend your limited beliefs Ahmed!Look in the mirror ,dude!
Get a hobby or something...you are starting to be really annoying..

Ahmeds
Member # 9277

Rate Member
heyaaaaaaaa,
things are good now , she forgot the word [Big Grin] ^_^_^_^_^ [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
thanks ...

--------------------
if i weren't an egyptian , i would be an egyptian , [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Asoom
Member # 8611

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Asoom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by poopka:
[QB] I wonder how do u understand>"fat"?I am a healthy size 8(38) and my boyfriend;s brother (from egypt)suggested that i should drop 20lbs.....i got mad at him...and i am upset till now...he had no rights to pass judgments on me especially that I am really a pretty woman,just curvy...i belive that by egyptian standarts this means fat....But i feel great about myself .He himself is far from sexy ,healthy ,athletic look and his wife barely takes care of herself...

of course this is the perfect size,and I;m sure u've that perfect body [Wink] , beacuse I'm also size 8 [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 968 | From: www | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com