EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptians Living Abroad » Military Service

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Military Service
htkyogf
Member # 12393

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for htkyogf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there

Once my husband goes for spouse interview will he defintely be asked about military service? He is exempt cause his father is ill.

Do the embassy mandatory contact the military or does my husband just bring the letter.

Will he be asked at the embassy about the military service or at the airport if they grant his visa?

Thanks soo much guys

Posts: 23 | From: london | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my husband was asked at the airport for his letter and so was my friend from dorcet ..
y husband found out just getting interview doesnt stop there but every individual case is different ..
i would have thought cause hes aexempt hes looking after them so i would feel they would ask if he was exempt and hes looking after him why the need to leave them ,thats my question so i assume he has other brother and sisters ..
good luck with the interview ...

Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
htkyogf
Member # 12393

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for htkyogf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi thanks for the resppnse
Also he is the only child so he is exempt from the military.
His father has his mother to look after him.`Thanks again

Posts: 23 | From: london | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Auto Matic For The People
Member # 10849

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Auto Matic For The People     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If he's the only child then he's exempt and he has to have that exemption in order to get a passport...that is the important part. The embassy/Consulate will most likely be familiar with the Egyptian Military requirement and the fact that if he is issued a non-temporary/limited passport then he must've completed his service or is exempt.

There's something that I never understood and that is why do women come on here and ask question which their husbands should answer for them...I mean he knows for a fact if he's exempt or not!

Posts: 164 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
htkyogf
Member # 12393

Member Rated:
now now no need to be rude.

my husband already has a passport as he has been living in Dubai.

I just wanted to know the requirements

Member # 10849

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Auto Matic For The People     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by malakbaby2006:
now now no need to be rude.

my husband already has a passport as he has been living in Dubai.

I just wanted to know the requirements

Now now who's being rude?

You didn't answer the questions....if your husband knows whether he's exempt and he has a passport why did you ask here?

Posts: 164 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
htkyogf
Member # 12393

Member Rated:
I knew he was exempt as my above comments clearly state! I only wanted advice on the formalities of the embassy and arriving at the airport
Member # 10849

Rate Member
I see....my mistake. He should have a copy of the paper when goes through the airport just in case though having a valid passport is plenty enough.
As for the embassy, I wouldn't know.

htkyogf
Member # 12393

Member Rated:
Thanks for the response and the misunderstanding
sawny
Member # 11224

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sawny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Malakbaby2006,
As far as my experience in these matter goes. An Egyprian passport doesn't mean you are free to travel outside Egypt. He needs a stamp in his passport from the military to show he is exempt,or that he is a student and free to travel in university holiday, or that he has completed military service.
He needs to obtain this stamp before travel as it is checked at Egy airports.

Posts: 66 | From: London | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com